Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I make a signature?

Le Kvlt Dawn

So now that I've been a cupcake for a while I've been thinking about making a signature. But, I don't know how. I do have photoshop and I do know how to use it somewhat. Any tips or tricks?

Edited by Neighvana666

Well I have made a signature tutorial for beginners. It is for Paint.NET though, but it works pretty much the same in photoshop :)

http://mlpforums.com...-for-beginners/

The size for signatures is 600x100

You probably know about it, but there are some people on the forums who make signatures for free to other ponies :)

I am one of them.

oh also, don't get confused by the paint.net thing. Photoshop is of course much better. I just used Paint.net in the tutorial since the program is easier to understand for people who are very new to art programs

Edited by Mr. Pillow

You can't it's an art only true masters can wield efficiently and make the magic called signature.

But silliness aside it just take practice some good vecotrs to use maybe some brushes packs and imagination for what you want to create. When I first started I was simple doing random stuff and witnessed resaults until I liked the outcome :P I also learned what each thing does that way.

Well I have made a signature tutorial for beginners. It is for Paint.NET though, but it works pretty much the same in photoshop :)

http://mlpforums.com...-for-beginners/

The size for signatures is 600x100

You probably know about it, but there are some people on the forums who make signatures for free to other ponies :)

I am one of them.

oh also, don't get confused by the paint.net thing. Photoshop is of course much better. I just used Paint.net in the tutorial since the program is easier to understand for people who are very new to art programs

Oh god ain't that the truth. Photoshop is nothing but a massive headache to anyone trying to do anything there, for the first time at least; I know it is for me.

Don't forget to mention that there are other programs for people with different drawing methods and ways, such as GIMP, Paint Tool SAI or MyPaint.

Oh god ain't that the truth. Photoshop is nothing but a massive headache to anyone trying to do anything there, for the first time at least; I know it is for me.

Don't forget to mention that there are other programs for people with different drawing methods and ways, such as GIMP, Paint Tool SAI or MyPaint.

Photoshop is the best my friend.

Also, MyPaint and Paint Tool SAI are most for painting. They're not really the best for making signatures since they has more features about different brush sizes etc, which one doesn't need while making signatures. And I don't really like GIMP. It has alot of bugs and makes poor quality.

Edited by Mr. Pillow
  • Brohoof 1

Photoshop is the best my friend.

Also, MyPaint and Paint Tool SAI are for painting. They're not really the best for making signatures. And I don't really like GIMP. It has alot of bugs and makes poor quality.

I agree with everything you said there. I still like GIMP a lot since it offers a great way to do sketches there and then transfer it over to the Adobe programs. Drawing a sketch in GIMP, in my opinion, feels much akin to actual pencil and paper if you just create the write tools in it.

Paint Tool SAI is pretty darn similar to GIMP though, except in it you can do some really strange things I haven't seen in other programs as easily such as rotating pictures. It's difficult to understand some simpler things on it though.

I agree with everything you said there. I still like GIMP a lot since it offers a great way to do sketches there and then transfer it over to the Adobe programs. Drawing a sketch in GIMP, in my opinion, feels much akin to actual pencil and paper if you just create the write tools in it.

Paint Tool SAI is pretty darn similar to GIMP though, except in it you can do some really strange things I haven't seen in other programs as easily such as rotating pictures. It's difficult to understand some simpler things on it though.

Exactly. And you will not be using sketches when making signatures. Sure you can use gimp and paint tool sai. But ptsai costs money and gimp ..well I already said it. And since this guy already has photoshop he should be using that. Edited by Mr. Pillow

Exactly. And you will not be using sketches when making signatures. Sure you can use gimp and paint tool sai. But ptsai costs money and gimp ..well I already said it. And since this guy already has photoshop he should be using that.

Adobe Illustrator I feel personally would make a better signature maker since it's vector work but Photoshop is a good one to use as well.

And as far as I recall Paint Tool SAI was free. Oh wait, I just looked it up. Yeah, there is a pay one, didn't know that. I was referring to the fan-made version which works just fine and is free. Wonder how the paid version compares.