Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music How Does Having Dubstep in A Song Make it Better?

PonyPassions

Well, First off, A lot of people, No Wait let me give an example.

*Some Magical Song comes on radio*

Person: This song sucks.

*Song With Dubstep comes on

Person: Oh yeah, This is real music

I Know that was a pretty bad example, but anyways my question is why do songs nowadays have some dubstep part on it, and How does dubstep make the song better? I'm not hating on people who like dubstep, or dubstep it self. I'm just wondering why does having some dubstep part in a song make it so better.

I would say it's just a fad kind of thing, most of the time. "omg wait its dubstep???? must b gud" - Typical Kid.

Dubstep itself is not that bad of a genre, and people hate on it because they assume that all the generic BS that comes out from certain artists that certain people like is what the entire genre is made of. Every now and then, I find an artist who makes some good dubstep, or throws in some good hard sweep-like sampling. It's really just the first line of text of this post. People like it because it's the "in" thing. This tends to happen with everything in the universe.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not a fan of dubstep, but I've heard a few that I like, but often time a dubstep remix on most songs, for me, just doesn't sound nice.

I've even heard of a dubstep remix of Mad World by Gary Jules. I listen to it, and I was like How?! HOW can dubstep make a song like that better?!

I don't even

• Brohoof 1

I don't know those people that well, and never will know them because they don't enjoy something different, you may know me as that Hardstyle junkie, but I listen to jazz, some metal, trance, and many more genres and I never attempt to find a Hardstyle version of the song, unless I know the song isn't that good, then I would try to find a better version of the song, not necessarily Hardstyle though. Overall if you don't like any genre but one then I think there's a problem otherwise I don't know. It's the same thing with me except I don't say everything is crap unless it is and there are some Hardstyle songs I don't like. Oh, and I know how so I'm going to get hated for saying this, but those will be ignored because they just don't like me or my taste of music is all.

its not its just some people where lets see how do i phrase this right... Beaten with a stick next to a blender and well it becomes a natural thing for them ahahah! but i have no clue i like only a few things with dubstep like on video game music but yea i couldnt listen to just that all the time... :huh: i just dont understand

Its just the "current trend"...... People hear it and just assume its good because it is just the typical type of music and is currently seen as the "cool" thing to listen to..... So yeah its just the current trend.... There is some amazing music made in the genre dont get me wrong but alot people are just doing what they think will make them look cooler ;)

• Brohoof 2

Its just the "current trend"...... People hear it and just assume its good because it is just the typical type of music and is currently seen as the "cool" thing to listen to..... So yeah its just the current trend.... There is some amazing music made in the genre dont get me wrong but alot people are just doing what they think will make them look cooler ;)

This pretty much sums it all up.

Which is kind of sad to be honest, screw whats cool.

Listen to what you like is what I say!

• Brohoof 1

This pretty much sums it all up.

Which is kind of sad to be honest, screw whats cool.

Listen to what you like is what I say!

Yeah thats exactly right..... Just listen to what you like.... Who cares if it isnt the "cool" thing to listen to.... what does cool know anyway? ;)
  • Brohoof 1

Dubstep doesn't necessarily make music better. It can as well as make a song good, make it a crappy song.

It depends on how the dubstep part has been used in the song. Besides, dubstep is an experimental genre that you can do a lot with, which is probably why many producers use some dubstep elements in their music.

Haha, you guys crack me up with your posts. But yea, people are entitled to listen to whatever they want, but I find it ridiculous when people listen to music just because their friends listen to it, even if they don't particularly enjoy it.

I love dubstep, but I can understand why some people don't like it or don't understand the appeal. Even I can only listen to so much dubstep before getting bored. One of my friends said that he thinks dubstep sounds like a bunch of whales having an orgy in a spaceship. Now when I listen to dubstep that's all I can think about. But anyway, in my opinion a good drop and heavy bass can totally transform a song from "Borrrring" to "Eargasm!".

Eh. Adding dubstep to a song can make it better on occassion. Like, if the genres can kind of be blended, like pop dubstep remixes. Now if you're doing dubstep remixes of, I don't know, MESHUGGAH... then you should probably look for a different song. :P

And yeah, pony music usually goes well with dubstep.

I would like to take this moment to impart a wee bit of knowledge on this subject.

"Dubstep" is a genre of music, so it's typically inaccurate to say "dubstep in a song". It would be proper to say "a dubstep song". Although it is possible for a song to consist of multiple genres, it's given a main genre.

Now if you're doing dubstep remixes of, I don't know, MESHUGGAH... then you should probably look for a different song

Ummm... well then...

I was actually planning on adding a small dubstep portion to the black metal song I am currently working on to see how people like it.

(despite the fact I have never previously composed more than twelve seconds of a song before this one)

To answer OP, it doesn't always make a song better, but it can enhance the song, used properly.

Just look at SondOfTheAviator's Monster and One Last Letter (VIP).

I was actually planning on adding a small dubstep portion to the black metal song I am currently working on to see how people like it.

(despite the fact I have never previously composed more than twelve seconds of a song before this one)

What? You mean, the genre that loves bad production and a raw sound? :P

Eh, I guess it's just my bias towards metal fusing with electronic genres. But this song does interest me. I think I'll check it out when you're done.

"does having dubstep in a song make it better?"

Okay, I know since your the guy with the italo-disco fetish...

Dubstep is a genre. Do you mean dubstep remixes? Or just a plain remix into something electronic? I'm tired of people just pointing to anything with the slightest bit of electricity or something, and saying "dubstep!". Personally, the only thing I don't listen to is metal, country, and rap. I don't search out remixes of songs often, because they usually suck.

It may be unpopular opinion, but I don't think it makes anything sounds better. To me, dubstep sounds like Transformers having sex. No offence really, it's just my opinion ;).

• Brohoof 1

It's a business thing. Somehow, someone managed to take a style of music, either well known or not, market it really well, and redistribute it to the masses. As far as I'm concerned, it's not music that you're listenin' to - based on the description of the OP - it's business in practice.

Also, I was never into dubstep - more of a DnB person myself.

Now if you're doing dubstep remixes of, I don't know, MESHUGGAH... then you should probably look for a different song. :P

Knew it!

• Brohoof 1

It sells simple as that, now there are a few Dupstep/Techo/Electric musician I like but I'm not to big on the actual genre. A few years ago Screamo/(insert genre)core music was the hot ticket. I really don't hear to much of bands that were popular then, but that is also how the music business is. Give it a year or two and it will die down and the next thing will pop up or be repackaged.

Dubstep, auto tuning. It all sucks. So many good bands have gone to shit recently because of this. In This Moment and Korn both did this. Alice Cooper did one sound with auto tuning and people complained, yet they love the other stuff with it. It depends if it REALLY fits in the song. Like Alice Cooper's I Am Made of You had one minute of auto tuning that worked perfectly for THAT song!

Edited by DerpyMuffins666