Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Need for Heroes!

Cherry Blossom

Jack walked up to the group. He didn't seem upset or happy, angry or calm, he didn't even shed any tears for either of his late friends. He was the closest to dead that a pony could be while still healthy.

A green flash of light appeared in the place where Karasu and Wits disappeared. Karasu fell from the light and crashed into the earth. His Sacred Energy Armor was little more than a few tattered shreds of cloth. He attempted to stand back up, but collapsed soon after.

• Brohoof 1

Den's eyes narrowed as the area around him darkened. Thunder perforated the air as he strode up to the weakened Karasu. He looked taller, and his warpaint had a lightning-like quality. A spear formed itself around a blue, energetic part of his aura, and stayed there, "Any last words?"

• Brohoof 1

"None for you, but many for our failed race." Karasu said. "For some reason, I thought Wit's death would bring completion. Instead, I feel a deeper sadness. One more soul lost fighting for the wrong side... You have saved your parasitic friends to rid the world of every good thing it has left, but it will not last. The ponies will kill themselves in a few decades. I just wanted to save the trees before your industrial expansion killed them. Imagine this world without the worms. Imagine the beauty of a planet without us to fill it with evil. Your fight for survival has destroyed your chance for redemption and allowed this evil to continue. And thus, you will die in your own filth!" He coughed up some blood. "If Jack hasn't run away by now, tell him I said thank you for allowing me to see the truth. If it weren't for him, I never would have been able to do this. I never would have known the truth."

• Brohoof 1

Almost imperceptible were the stray hazes of black wafting off of Karasu. Wits was gone, but rune tar was rather hard to kill. Without a perfect knowledge of its properties, it would be hard to tell when it reformed, but it would. Some things were just made to last, and rune tar was just one of them.

• Brohoof 1

"For your crimes against the state, engaging and killing a federal officer, and killing multiple civilians, I sentence you to death, by the powers invested me as natural law." He thrusted the spear point at Karasu's neck, almost instinctively, because the form he was using identified necks as weakpoints."

• Brohoof 1

"For your crimes against the state, engaging and killing a federal officer, and killing multiple civilians, I sentence you to death, by the powers invested me as natural law." He thrusted the spear point at Karasu's neck, almost instinctively, because the form he was using identified necks as weakpoints."

Jack caught the spear tip in a kinetic field before it could touch Karasu. "He wants you to kill him!" He said, "Do this now and he becomes a martyr! We can't just..."

~Thud~

Karasu's body fell to the ground limp. He had slit his own throat to avoid speaking to them further, and all seven of him died.

• Brohoof 1

Den's eyes were glowing, and he looked sad, and he turned to Jack, "I didn't want to kill him for his crimes. The spirits told me he was going to die; I WANTED to give him an honorable death. This one... I will bury. For some reason... He felt like kin." With that, Den picks up the dead pony. Sapphire appeared in a flash next to them, looking troubled.

• Brohoof 1

"I saw him talking to you, but I couldnt hear him." Jack said. "What did he say? Was he still... Was he still angry? Did he still think he was right? What did he say about me?" When he spoke, he sounded like he was crying, but his face and eyes were dry and his expresion was blank.

• Brohoof 1

Den walked up to Jack, "He told me to tell you the following message," he said, his eyes still glowing, "And I believe it may have been private." He stomped once, and a blue circle appeared under them. The only pony that could hear him wasJack, who heared it as if straight from Karasu.

"If Jack hasn't run away by now, tell him I said thank you for allowing me to see the truth. If it weren't for him, I never would have been able to do this. I never would have known the truth."

• Brohoof 1

"Damn it, Karasu!" Jack said aloud. "Why do I still feel like you won?" He looked at Den briefly. "He's right. Im responsible for all of this. I made Karasu into the monster that killed Wits. You should have known him before this happened. He respected life so much and he would never kill. I screw up everything I touch. Im staying with you and Nightfall for as long as I can, but that wont be long. I have a message for Nightfall, and I want you to give it to him word for word after I die. Tell him that 'the last few months of my life have been misserable because babysitting him has been a constant pain in the ass and I want him to live for a very long time so that I can get some peace and quiet again.' Can you remember that?"

• Brohoof 1

Nightfall awoke on the ground, Maven leaning into him. He coughed, and got up, forgetful of most things that had just happened. He saw Jack (if they are still visible) and didn't run up and hug him like he should have. He just stood there, relaxing, not remembering why he was tired.

Nightfall awoke on the ground, Maven leaning into him. He coughed, and got up, forgetful of most things that had just happened. He saw Jack (if they are still visible) and didn't run up and hug him like he should have. He just stood there, relaxing, not remembering why he was tired.

(I'm still waiting for Dawnpath...) "I'm not lesving untill I sbdolutely hsve to." Jack said to Den. "I've been watching from the sidelines through these last few conflicts because I needed Nightfall to learn. That's because I thought he would learn in the same way I did. He doesnt work that way. If you or the dimwit get into more trouble, I'll do the best I can to help. But you have to rememver that I wont be here forever. Do you promise to deliver the message I told you to tell him after I'm gone? do you still remember what I told you to say?" (I'm asking because it's been almost a week...)

• Brohoof 1

I apologize; I didn't see it.)

Den had clocked out, but his eyes refocused. "Yah, Yah, I got it." The circle broke. "After you die, then. I'm really, really tired. Are you done with your will? 'Cause I have a body to bury." He started thinking about his family, and emotions froze off of his face.

• Brohoof 1

Jack stepped back to give him room. "Everything he said was true. I've seen the worst of us first hand. But there's two sides to that coin, and those things were never meant to be seen alone. There's no good reason to protect these ponies. But there's no reason to kill them. We do what we must. No one was meant to judge."

• Brohoof 1

He looked away, "Natraul law dictates that the strongest will survive. If this was the case, ponies would've been wiped out a long time ago, except if you extend the parameters away from brute strength and raw power. This is why Karasu was wrong; he thought himself to be doing nature's work, however, he was doing half of it." Den looked sad, and Sapphire came out of him. She looked very angry with him, and stormed of, to Nightfall, "Where's Speedy?" she asked, unhappily, while Den shrugged his way towards the body of Karasu. Maven observed this with mild interest.

• Brohoof 1

Nightfall was startled by Sapphire's immdiatness.

"I, um... Last I saw, she was outside the mine."

He didn't want to mess with Sapphire right now. He saw her happy and mad, but she looked worse right now. He noticed Maven's mild interest and wondered why she didn't help resolve something.

Truth be told, Speedy was outside the mine. But her head was in her hooves and she was crying. Crying hard.

Sapphire stomped away from Den, thanking Nightfall. She started hearing crying, and her stomping changed to jogging as she saw her marefriend in tears, "Speedy, why are you crying?" She hopped up to Speedy, wrapping her hooves around her.

Maven layed next toNightfall, "That is why you never hack off a mare emotionally."

• Brohoof 1

Sapphire stomped away from Den, thanking Nightfall. She started hearing crying, and her stomping changed to jogging as she saw her marefriend in tears, "Speedy, why are you crying?" She hopped up to Speedy, wrapping her hooves around her.

Maven layed next toNightfall, "That is why you never hack off a mare emotionally."

"I- I never planned to... Now I know definitely not to... So, um... hang on..."

Nightfall walked over to Den and Jack.

"Hey, is- is there something we need to talk about..?"

Speedy was shocked by her marefriend's sudden appearance. She remembered her scar and the device, but also remembered that Burning King couldn't hear her.

"Sapphire! Oh, Sapphire! I- I need help!"

She kept sobbing.

@@InfinityWhale

"What's up, Sapphire?" she asked, concerned. She complete forgot about how Den had just compared all of his personalities simultaneously to Karasu, and, even worse, her. Her pride was soooo not like Karasu.

Maven smiled, winking, "Good." She snuggled up to him.

Den had shoulder Karasu's dead weight with a grunt, and was heading out of the cave.

• Brohoof 1

@@InfinityWhale

"What's up, Speedy?" she asked, concerned. She complete forgot about how Den had just compared all of his personalities simultaneously to Karasu, and, even worse, her. Her pride was soooo not like Karasu.

Maven smiled, winking, "Good." She snuggled up to him.

Den had shoulder Karasu's dead weight with a grunt, and was heading out of the cave.

"I- I... this will take some time..." Speedy stopped crying slowly. "I- the station was attacked... I couldn't hold it, and was taken by an evil pony named Sunburn, or as he calls himself, the Burning King. And I don't know what happened, but something was put in me-" She showed Sapphire her scar. "- And now when he hits a button, he can hurt me. He- He wants me to- He wants-"

Her crying picked back up.

"He wants me to kill Nightfall, or he'll kill you and then me, and then he says he'll kill Nightfall himself."

Sapphire, bit her lip, trembled, then burst out laughing, "Bwahaha- You- You think he can? Oh, that's funny!" She rolled on the ground, laughing, "The only way for me to die individuality," she managed after a good laugh, "Is to kill the part of Den that I am. And if I know anything about Den, which I should, it would be easier just to kill him. Eventually, if I get powerful enough, I can become a real mare, but right now I'm not so privileged as to be able to die. She smiled to Speedy, "Not what happens if I, say, try to please youwith electricity?" she asked, taping her horn to her flank.

• Brohoof 1

Sapphire, bit her lip, trembled, then burst out laughing, "Bwahaha- You- You think he can? Oh, that's funny!" She rolled on the ground, laughing, "The only way for me to die individuality," she managed after a good laugh, "Is to kill the part of Den that I am. And if I know anything about Den, which I should, it would be easier just to kill him. Eventually, if I get powerful enough, I can become a real mare, but right now I'm not so privileged as to be able to die. She smiled to Speedy, "Not what happens if I, say, try to please youwith electricity?" she asked, taping her horn to her flank.

Speedy was confused.

"You- you don't see him as a problem? He says the device in me can also kill me if I don't do as he wants on his signal... And he's a criminal who I may have might known before... I can't remember..."

She was still very paranoid. She had, after all, woken up in an alley with several scars in her.

As soon as she suggested the Sunburn would kill her, the sky grew dark with a clash of thunder, and Sapphire said in a soft, but very, very scare voice, "Where is he." Lightning struck in three different places behind her, and her hair was blown behind her. She'd been hacked off twice in less than an hour.

• Brohoof 1

As soon as she suggested the Sunburn would kill her, the sky grew dark with a clash of thunder, and Sapphire said in a soft, but very, very scare voice, "Where is he." Lightning struck in three different places behind her, and her hair was blown behind her. She'd been hacked off twice in less than an hour.

Speedy was startled by this, and immediately, this seem to start another set of tears. However, these were out of fear.

"He's- he's in the Dirty Bits Hotel if he hasn't moved yet."

It was very obvious she was scared out of her own mind. She didn't know what was happening and was thinking of committing suicide.

Sapphire noticed Speedy crying and stopped. "Nonononono! Don't be afraid! Have a brownie!" She worriedly shoved a brownie in the mare's mouth. It didn't seem to be working, so Sapphire looked around hurriedly, "Um, Um, Oh!" She tilted Speedy's face up and smiled, "Since you didn't like that brownie, how about you be beautiful instead!" she said playfully, kissing her.

Maven dragged Nightfall to the cave entrance, and couldn't help but giggle.

• Brohoof 1