What is Rarity afraid of?

Night Shine

Hello everypony.

Earlier I was working on a fanfic where an OC villain used all of the Mane 6's fears against them, when it occured to me that I had no idea what the villain could do to Rarity.

So...what exactly IS Rarity's worst fear?

For example--

All of the Mane 6 (but especially Twilight) would be afraid of losing each other.

Twilight's "good student with OCD" mindset makes her deathly afraid of failure.

Rainbow Dash, with her huge ego, I would guess is very afraid of being embarassed, especially in front of the Wonderbolts.

Fluttershy is afraid of (besides everything) probably something similar to Rainbow, where she is embarassed and EVERYPONY is watching.

Pinkie and Applejack I'm not too sure about, but I think Applejack would fear for her family's safety and Pinkie is legit not afraid of anything.

What would Rarity be afraid of?? I mean something that's a deeper, more complex fear than like, "getting dirty" or something.

Idk? Shes scared of getting dirty? Shes scared of things that are crimes of fashion? Shes very concerned about little details a bit of a perfectionist I kinda think.

I dunno if that gives you anything to work off of tho. Honestly I'd just have something get her dirty.. Seems like the first think that comes to mind.

I think Rarity fears letting others down. This is shown in a few of the episodes where she designs dresses for the fashion-stars, and again when she makes the Mane6's dresses for the Gala. Also, when Fluttershy becomes a model, Rarity doesn't open up to Fluttershy about her true feelings, and just wants Fluttershy to be happy and successful.

~~

• Brohoof 7

I think Rarity fears letting others down. This is shown in a few of the episodes where she designs dresses for the fashion-stars, and again when she makes the Mane6's dresses for the Gala. Also, when Fluttershy becomes a model, Rarity doesn't open up to Fluttershy about her true feelings, and just wants Fluttershy to be happy and successful.

~~

Thanks! I didn't even think of that, and that's exactly the kind of deep psychological fear I'm looking for to use in mah story, as well as just sate my curiosity.

Still open to other ideas, tho! :)

Pinkie is scared to death of not having any friends. You saw what happened in Party of One when she thought they all hated her.

• Brohoof 5

Hmmm I’m trying to think of something to add to what Regality said, but I think that is an awesome point. Rarity maybe afraid of her image and appearance as a highly regarded designer. She was pretty terrified of Hoity Toity and his opinion when she had that fashion show. I mean that is so much more shallow that what Regality said but I could be something I suppose?

post-77-0-81871600-1346400792.jpg

Rarity is scared of flying whales. This is now fanon. I expect art of this by monday.

And I don't blame her. Flying whales are serious fucking business. You're just walking down the street, minding your own business when BAM whale out of fucking nowhere, demanding to know if you've seen any flying krill go past today.

• Brohoof 8

Pretty much what Regality said, letting her friends down. When she tried to make that dress for Twilight's birthday she was terrified of letting Twilight down. She also made 2 dresses for the other 5 out of the mane 6. 2(!) dresses. In "Sister Hooves Social" she let down Sweetiebell and was devastated. She even dipped in mud for her sister, and we all know how much Rarity hates getting dirty.

I <3 Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

@,

I hope you don’t expect any art from me because that is simply not happening. Whales is no artist by any stretch of the imagination. XD. You can’t blame Rarity being afraid of giant freaking whale flying though the air. It would surely have to be the work of the Great and Powerful Trixie.

• Brohoof 2

If I were to think about it, Rarity is afraid of a couple of things. One is probably not being recognized because her dresses and such are looked at as terrible and other ponies laugh at her for her futile and ridiculous fashion attempts. The other is letting her sister down. Maybe even losing her sister's respect and adoration, being told she's a terrible sister.

And about Pinkie, yeah, Pinkie is definitely afraid of being alone I'd say.

She doesn't like dirt or getting dirty. Though, I'm not sure if it would count as a fear. Maybe a fear of not fitting in anywhere and being seen as lowly, pathetic, and bad at her job. Kinda like how she wants to fit in with Canterlot people and how she feels pathetic when they have that fashion show and all the famous ponies are disgusted.

Pinkie would be afraid of not having friends, losing them all, being hated, etc.

Applejack would probably have a fear for the safety of family and friends. Or being known as a complete failure or actually being a failure.

Edited by Kirby

Here's everything Rarity is afraid of

• Dirt on her new dress
  • Dirt on another one of her dresses
  • Dirt in her hair
  • Dirt in her hoofs
  • Dirt on her coat
Dirt is mostly everything she is afraid of.

Anyone have anything else? cause now i'm just filling. Fillerdelphia

she cried like hell in the 'art of the dress''s episode

she afraid to loose her chances to secceed

(btw, for fluttershy tears, its enough to tell her to get her face out of the way [like gilda did])

Mud. Dirty areas. Anything that would ruin her dresses and style. She's been shown trying to avoid rain, she couldn't get out from under her umbrella and of course, there's this scene:

Rarity's would most likely being disappointing everyone, because despite how she is, she always wants things to be perfect for everyone. She would die if no one liked what she'd done for them.
  • Brohoof 1

Imperfection or failing to achieve her ideal standards when it comes to her work.

Also she's afraid of losing her social status because of her friends. (But she'll still stick with them to the end.)

Maybe if she was in a room fool of dirt or having angry customers saying all of her dresses are horrible and they would not be caught dead in that.

Also if you want one 4 Pinkie Pie, how about being alone with no one around 4 her to make smile. Or everyone rejecting her.

Actually for pinkie pie I think the worst would be what would happen in that "Summon a Pony" thread. Separated from all of her friends, she would cry. Don't make Pinkie Pie cry -- leave her in Ponyville.

And yes Rarity nightmare would be all of her friends returning dresses and saying that she is a horrible dressmaker and is no longer their friend.

Come on guys... Afraid of dirt? She once stuck her face into a trash can full of nasty stuff just to avoid an uncomfortable encounter with Pinkie. If anything, what's Rarity really scared of is ruining her reputation. She's always concerned with how she presents herself.

If any of you guys get deeper into the art community and start looking up to artists that you really like or is highly respected, you'll quickly find yourself very nervous when you're around people more influential than you are, or just people you respect. I've had experience with both ends of this; I've been pretty skitty around artists better than I am, and people are the same when I am around them. If you guys are an artist like Rarity, you'll know that feeling when somebody with a real reputation says something nice about your works.

• Brohoof 2

I would say on top of the obvious ones of getting dirty, being embarrassed in front of others, and letting her friends down.

I personally Belive Rarity probaly fears for her little sisters safety, despite their bickering I bet Rarity would be devistated if anything bad ever happened to Sweetie Belle.

Oh and she's probably afraid of Opal...that cat's claws are SHARP!