Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You ever have that awkward moment...

XrosOver

Ever have that awkward moment while listening to pony music (without headphones) , watching, an episode (again without headphones), making a reference, or even accidentally bursting into spontaneous song in front of a bunch of none bronies or some of your friends who just happen to hate us? Or something more simple like humming a tune loudly during a presentation and not realizing everybody is staring at you?A few days back, my principal came into class to give a presentation about school expectations (it was the 2nd day back). About halfway through when he started talking about drug and alcohol abuse associated deaths, I quickly grew bored and my train of thought left for ponyville. I started thinking about Pinkie and it brought a very obvious smile to my face but when I looked at my principal he gave me the"Seriously Bro?" look and I stared back at him and said "Eeyup"! Also, right after class he pulled me outside to ask me what was so funny. Just as I was about to explain I drop my backpack but they way i dropped it activated my ipod and SOMEHOW my music was on shuffle or on the "brony made: playlist because Luna (the Eurobeat Brony song) started playing REALLY loud. I did need to explain it to him after that since he saw I was really embarrassed.

Edited by XrosOver
  • Brohoof 13

Well one time I was sitting in class and I was listening to "Art of the Dress", I looked up from my work and noticed everyone just staring at me. Turns out I had my headphones unplugged...

• Brohoof 31

Well I was listening to the Find a Pet song in my car a bit too loudly, and I take off my headphones to find my family laughing at me cuz they thought I was listening to a nursery rhyme (Fluttershy...)

• Brohoof 10

This was actually just a couple of days ago... I have a playlist of almost all the MLP songs, plus a few fan-made songs and parodies, all on an SD card that plays in my car. Then my dad said, "Can I borrow your car for a bit? Yours has air conditioning and mine's not working."

I hesitated, knowing that the MLP music would play as soon as he turned on the car, I said "Okay."

My parents already know I'm a brony thanks to my sisters, (but that's a whole other story) and they seem okay with it, but I still don't like having them involved with anything pony related.

He went out and started the car and pulled into the driveway from the street and went back inside to retrieve something from the basement. I tried to stealthfully go out to the car and turn off the music if it wasn't already turned off by my dad when he pulled into the driveway, and found that it was already turned from the SD card to the radio. I went back inside casually, but crossed paths with my dad through the door, and he said "Oh, I turned off your music." I said, "Oh, okay..." and he left.

When he came back we didn't say anything about it. The next time I went out to drive my car, I had to see when song started playing when my dad switched it to radio. I had assumed it was left on

(which also happens to be my ringtone) and hoped it was like that. I went and started my car and turned it to the SD card and waited as it loaded the last song it was left on... and it was... The Pony Pokey , about 8 seconds in. :o I buried my face in my hands and kept saying things like

"Oh that is the Worst. Possible. Song... the WORST. POSSIBLE. SONG for my dad to accidentally listen to..."

"If my dad didn't think I was gay before... what about now..."

"I knew I should have gotten rid of that song..."

And I proceeded to never speak of it again.

The End.

Edited by Hamez
  • Brohoof 16

Watched an episode of MLP with my friend, and my younger brother walked into my room unexpectantly.... Although he joined to watch it with me and my friend. So, it wasn't that bad, but still terribly awkward.... >_>

• Brohoof 3

most embarrassing moment, I was watching A Canterlot Wedding Pt 1. listening to it through headphones on a laptop on my bed, my mum suddenly walks in and i lean over to close the media player window but my leg moved the headphone cords until they pulled out, this was during the BBBFF song. mum just gave me this weird look and then walked out of my room

• Brohoof 6

I casually wore a Fluttershy shirt... BAM. The girl I liked at the time saw me wear it.

Now, she is really nice, understanding, plus close to my family, but I'm REALLY shy in real life. I was similar devastated, and was worried she'd tell someone in the school we are going to soon.

I overreacted, but I was scared to death.

• Brohoof 2

I was watching a PMV while I was waiting on the line for a flight with my parents and some asshole behind me says "Really? My little pony? You can't be fucking serious"

• Brohoof 3

i still get embarrassed when my family comes in on me watching MLP i turn the songs off when im carpooling with co workers i finally wore a shirt to work was still embarrassed as heck lol i really dont talk about it with them only when they ask and all

Er my first time watching the MLP series and my brother walked in. It was 7:20am. And we'd both stayed up all night. Yea even my mum was making fun of me (she bought me a rainbow dash figure for my birthday ¬_¬)

>math problems

>decide to don't give a shit and just listen to music for the rest of the class while staring at the math

>hoity toity's fantabulous swirling toilet (a guilty pleasure)

>bobbing my head and stuff

>turns up the volume

>time to get jiggy with it

>hoity toity: simply magnificent! :D<3

>sidemate bumps into me

>oh fuck

>everyones staring with a questioning face

>spaghetti falls out of my pocket

>reach down to pick it up

>pants tear while i fart

>instantly starts crying out of embarrassment and asks my sidemate if he wants to marry me

>says no

>smear feeces all over the walls and run out of class puking

• Brohoof 8

Well I was at my friend's house with my laptop. (I go there every now and then for a lan-party kind of thing)

I turn on my laptop and he sees my twenty ten wallpaper. (http://browse.devian...ntyten#/d5cc6bd)

He has no idea what a brony is (like pretty much everyone else in Greece) so he asks me "What the hell is that? Are those ponies?".

I answered "It's a group of singers on youtube. They have awesome music". My friend was like "okay, whatever" and commented on how it still looked kind of girly. I then opened google chrome only to see my rainbow dash theme. He just stared at me while I laughed nervously.

Well one time I was sitting in class and I was listening to "Art of the Dress", I looked up from my work and noticed everyone just staring at me. Turns out I had my headphones unplugged...

How could you not tell that your headphones were unplugged? The music would be coming from your pocket or bag or whatever, wouldn't it? :P Edited by Demiurge

I would still be a closet brony if I haden't been stupid enough to watch on the television with my friend. Now my parents know but it still feels awlkward to go on these fourms watch the show or look/listen to/at fanmade content. I haven't really had a memerable momen though.

Edited by Dasher

@@Dusty Soul,

That is why I don't listen to music at school. What happen afterwards?

(she bought me a rainbow dash figure for my birthday ¬_¬)

Lucky! :(...Wait...G3 or G4?

Anyway, I do have the occasional awkward moment when my brother sees something pony related and gets one step closer to finding out I'm a brony. Not really anything noteworthy though.

My mom did confront about My little pony episodes being recorded on the Tv, that was kinda awkward.

Oh my yes LOL I was listening to This day Aria at school while getting a school dance ready and my headphones had become unplugged and used it speaker function and when I snapped into reality everyone was staring at me and one jerk said "My little pony? What are you? FOUR!" then laughed

@,

Well, I took advantage of it... What happened afterwards... Well what happens when you listen to MLP in a highschool... I was subject to massive trolls and external laughter...

• Brohoof 1

Lucky! ...Wait...G3 or G4?

G4 man P: I've got her as my desktop buddy now, but yknow she gave it to me while like all my family was there hahahah. She's got weirdly long hair and a random duck came with it (rather than Tank) but it makes her more pretty xD, ah well. I don't let anyone touch her because it takes ages to fix the hair D: I feel like Rarity always have to get back to work on it.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 4

I was on a computer at school, I was supposed to do some work and my teacher was walking around checking up on everyone's work, then when he walked towards me I had Desktop Ponies on and gave me a 'wtf is dat' look. We both laughed and I just carried on using it xP

• Brohoof 3

Here's what y'all do the next time some haters are around y'all.

Just walk out of class, walk down the hallway, put that Ipod on full blast to your favourite pony song, take those headphones out, closes them eyes, and just strut out that door like noponies business.

And if them haters be hatin'?

Let 'em.

For they don't know how much of a badass you are on the inside.

post-3869-0-51667200-1346593935.gif

Unless they all have knives. In which case you might want to pack a pair of running shoes.

• Brohoof 12

Am I really the only one intentionally doing this to locate other bronies? D: I can see how it would be sort of awkward in some cases, though, so may I suggest muting the system volume and only keeping the headphone volume up?

• Brohoof 1

Not anymore, but this has happened a few times to me since noone in my family knocks before barging into my room. One such time was when I was listening to a PMV while at the same time scrolling through random pony art, minding my own buisiness.

Then I hear my older sister's voice from behind me and I jump about a foot in the air. "My Little Pony? Really?" I hastily tried to come up with some kind of explanation, saying that it was a recent revival that was actually good and all that stuff, mildly blabbering like a fool as my heart rate tried to go back to normal. She just laughed and walked away and never mentioned it again.

Well Me, My Niece, and our Friend were watching an episode on my Xbox(Thank you streaming from my computer's files) and my mother came in...

She called me a little girl for a week.

That is why I will forever stay a "Stabled" Brony.

I was watching a PMV while I was waiting on the line for a flight with my parents and some asshole behind me says "Really? My little pony? You can't be fucking serious"

I would've replied "Really? An A-hole? You can't be bucking serious!" Then he would silently turn around and have to deal with his utter humilation >:D
  • Brohoof 3

I would've replied "Really? An A-hole? You can't be bucking serious!" Then he would silently turn around and have to deal with his utter humilation > :D

LOL I was beyond pissed when he said that.If I started I wouldn't have stopped :( I just ignored him and turned YouTube off on my phone xD

But now that I look back.. I should have said something..