Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst Movie(s) You Have Ever Seen?

Miss Light Diamond

I really can't think of any. I'm sure I saw some pretty terrible movies, but those I would have only seen once, and I forget them pretty quickly. The most recent I can think of is Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. I'm not sure what anyone was thinking with that movie, but it wasn't anything like the first. It did get better during the second half of the movie, but that's not saying much. Within the first few minutes, I was just like, WTF? Did they turn this into a comedy or something? Nothing seemed right in this movie, and nothing seemed to really follow the first one. I liked the first one, and the sequel threw me for a loop. My sister and her friend were there too and they kept laughing at the movie the whole time. It's one of those movies that are bad enough you will probably find it funny. But that's all I can think of.

Plus, The Nostalgia Critic and Cinema Snob, and others all watch the bad movies for me.

Edited by Mr. Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Worst movie? I have to say the worst movie I have ever seen has to be Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. ​It was a god awful Christmas special, the name alone sounds ridiculous. :P

Ah..so I am not the only pony who gets pissed off everytime I see a cliche here and there?  Coolio. :3

I hate movies like that as well, especailly martial arts movies...I think they will one day influence somebody to jump off a roof and break their neck. >_<

Well, I love martial art movies made by Chinese or other Asian country. They have good fighting scenes, and it's not all about fighting. They have good moral values, like honor, respect, mercy, and love.

But seriously, American martial art movies are terrible. They better make more Sci-Fi or Comedy like Bruce Almighty. :P

• Brohoof 1

Definetly Digimon: The Movie.  I was a huge fan of the show, and this movie was a horrible blunder with a digi-rap, three seperate fairly uninteresting stories, and jokes and animation that were worse than the show, not to mention a moronic soundtrack.

Edited by Dr. Eggnog

It's hard for me to think, as I don't watch many movies, and haven't in a very long time...

I watched Ogre a few years back on T.V. Awful.

Oh! And Birdemic. *Shudders* 

Well, I love martial art movies made by Chinese or other Asian country. They have good fighting scenes, and it's not all about fighting. They have good moral values, like honor, respect, mercy, and love.

But seriously, American martial art movies are terrible. They better make more Sci-Fi or Comedy like Bruce Almighty. tongue.png

Yes, yes, and yes.

They are very good at it, huh? But let's not forget how cliche and terrible american horror movies are...they are just so fake and stupid. Some are good. Like it always starts out with some horny teenagers at a party, one of them gets slaughtered, they don't know what to do, and what do you know? One survives. -.- It's all the same!! That's why I LOVE LOVE LOVE Japanese horror films. ANd other Asian horror films.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds like a fun topic!

The WORST movie I've ever seen I actually wrote a review on. It was called Apollo 18, and it was so bad it was terrible.

EDIT: I just remembered, the worst movie I've ever had the displeasure of seeing was Resident Evil: Retribution. The first and the third one were fun at least; Retribution was just a god-awful mess.

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, yes, and yes.

They are very good at it, huh? But let's not forget how cliche and terrible american horror movies are...they are just so fake and stupid. Some are good. Like it always starts out with some horny teenagers at a party, one of them gets slaughtered, they don't know what to do, and what do you know? One survives. -.- It's all the same!! That's why I LOVE LOVE LOVE Japanese horror films. ANd other Asian horror films.

LOL. We Asian are famous for having scary local ghosts. Try Indonesian horror movies, but I don't think they have one for international use. :P

Well, I'm not sure what genre is this, but that which starts with mutant rabbits are sometimes terrible. Explosions... explosions everywhere.

American are awesome at special effect. Their animation movies are good, but I don't know why, I don't really enjoy Transformer.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds like a fun topic!

The WORST movie I've ever seen I actually wrote a review on. It was called Apollo 18, and it was so bad it was terrible.

Was it really that bad?

Gosh, and I wanted to see that movie, too! Haha...i'm really not a big fan of movies involving space fiction. xD

Teen Witch (1989)

Because why? Let's put it this way - the below clip isn't even the worst of it. You have been warned...and yet I still apologise.

• Brohoof 3

LOL. We Asian are famous for having scary local ghosts. Try Indonesian horror movies, but I don't think they have one for international use. tongue.png

Well, I'm not sure what genre is this, but that which starts with mutant rabbits are sometimes terrible. Explosions... explosions everywhere.

American are awesome at special effect. Their animation movies are good, but I don't know why, I don't really enjoy Transformer.

I don't think i've seen an Indonesian horror film, but I think the genre you are looking for is Syfy? lol If you are on the subject of mutant exploding rabbits form outer space. XD

I agree, we are very good at special effect, but we lack well written stories that aren't repetitive...>.<

Hard to find a really good movie no and again, but my second favorite genre has to be Parody...I am going to see Haunted House when I go to my dad's...hopefully lol that looked frackin hilarious!

• Brohoof 1

I would say Prometheus because of how it was done, but the movie wasn't "that" bad enough to say it was the absolute WORST movie i've seen.  Maybe the third Resident Evil movie makes me say "that was bad." 

Seen a heck of a lot of movies, but I just can't think of one that truly garnered my unending disdain. 

• Brohoof 1

Teen Witch (1989)

Because why? Let's put it this way - the below clip isn't even the worst of it. You have been warned...and yet I still apologise.

Why the hell are those guys dancing like gay fairies...? ._.

SOrry I had to stop there, my eyes are half way melted and my ears have closed up. Haha but honestly...that was terrible. XD

Was it really that bad? Gosh, and I wanted to see that movie, too! Haha...i'm really not a big fan of movies involving space fiction. xD

I tend to laugh during most horror movies. Most we saw Dark Skies, and a friend of mine was shaking like a leaf the entire time. It was pretty funny because he normally acts all tough.

What other space fiction movies have you seen? There are some pretty fantastic ones out there; don't let my opinion of that one ruin them for you. :)

Teen Witch (1989)

Ya kidding me? That was hilarious! Horrible, yes, but I'm glad you shared that with us.

Movies like Birdemic and Troll 2 and...whatever the hell that was may be terrible, but it puts a smile on your face, makes you laugh, or gives you any sort of entertainment value at all, then a movie has in some capacity succeeded.

I tend to laugh during most horror movies. Most we saw Dark Skies, and a friend of mine was shaking like a leaf the entire time. It was pretty funny because he normally acts all tough.

What other space fiction movies have you seen? There are some pretty fantastic ones out there; don't let my opinion of that one ruin them for you. smile.png

Hmm...I probably only maybe seen one...I think that is Killer Klowns from Outer Space...I know it doesn't take place in space, but they are clowns from outer space that want to eat humans. lol

Well considering that the SciFi  channel exists(come at bro-ny), this is really hard to narrow down, but I would have to say that it is Yeti: A Love Story. It came out in 2006 and is the most god awful movie I have ever had to see. Words cannot describe how terrible it was. That is all.

• Brohoof 1

I really  dislike the move Shorts.  If anyone remembers this movie, the story was told in little short stories spliced together the wrong way.  No, seriously it was meant to be out of order.

I remember seeing the adds for this and thinking it might be interesting. never did see it though. If I remember correctly It was directed by Robert Rodriguez... He's got an eclectic list of directing credits to his name...

I never saw all of this Movie, But I remember thinking that what I did see of The Leslie Nielson flick  2001: A Space Travesty was the most un-funny, and un-entertaining pieces of cinema I had yet witnessed.

Also, I know it's trendy to rip on Twilight, but My ex made me watch the first one, and I was kind of appalled by the lack of quality (writing, and acting or Directing... whichever made the characters so uninteresting) in such a large budget picture. I felt as though nothing had happened when I got to the end. Even Visually I was underwhelmed, and the bland, washed out look of it only added to the malaise. 

I'm done for now... almost... @Midnight Seeker I thought Troll 2 was fun ;) horrible, but  was entertained ... another so bad it's good for me was Miami Connection

• Brohoof 1

Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

Now that sounds like a winner.

GOD TIER:

If you want pure, bleak Sci-Fi horror, try to find a copy of Ridley Scott's Alien. For movies that are more Action-Horror try the sequel Aliens or the prequel Prometheus.

"MEH" TIER

Alien 3 is decent only if you see the extended cut. It makes so much more sense. Alien: Resurrection is entertaining, mostly because Joss Whedon helped write the script.

"..." TIER

Stay away from AVP 1-2. Those are bad juju. I actually enjoyed the first AVP as a monster movie

• Brohoof 1

GOD TIER:

If you want pure, bleak Sci-Fi horror, try to find a copy of Ridley Scott's Alien. For movies that are more Action-Horror try the sequel Aliens or the prequel Prometheus.

"MEH" TIER

Alien 3 is decent only if you see the extended cut. It makes so much more sense. Alien: Resurrection is entertaining, mostly because Joss Whedon helped write the script.

"..." TIER

Stay away from AVP 1-2. Those are bad juju. I actually enjoyed the first AVP as a monster movie

Hehe i'll be sure to stay away from the following xD

Killer Klowns from Outer Space is an awesome movie...finding this movie out of randomness, I grew up to that movie and loved it.

You'll love it.

• Brohoof 1

This is going back a ways, but I got dragged to see a movie called 'Death Trap' in the early '80s. It had Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve in it, so I figured it might not be all that bad, however on top of the movie being a horrendous turd, they ended up kissing each other in one scene.

Needless to say, the whole deal sucked, and had the added bonus of me not being able to take Michael Caine seriously as a bad-ass in any of the other movies he was in.

GOD TIER:

"MEH" TIER

"..." TIER

Aliens is my favorite movie of all time, right next to Toy Story.

Alien is also in my Top 10.

Alien 3 isn't all that bad, and kind of interesting if you take into account all the creative conflicts and production difficulties that happened. The only thing I truly hate about this movie is that ruins the perfect ending to the story told in the first two movies and kills of characters I had grown to love in Aliens just because they were inconvenient to the plot. The extended cut is slightly better.

Alien: Resurrection is just kinda stupid and all over the place in terms of tone. It's kind of fun, but overly "french", if you know what I mean.

Prometheus was a huge disappointment for me. Even if I just accept that this isn't really an Alien movie like the movie's defenders ask me to (despite the advertising and the movie itself taking great pains to convince me that this is an Alien movie), it still sucks if taken as a stand alone movie. The characters (one of the first two Alien movies' strong points) are forgettable and dumb, the ending makes no sense and is a complete rip off, there isn't a consistent level of threat throughout the movie, which is a bad thing for a horro movie, and the whole plot only works because everyone keeps making stupid, illogical decisions. Pretty, yes, but "god tier", sorry but no.

/Rant

The AVP movies can go suck a butt.

The Last Airbender

All of the Michael Bay Transformers movies

All of Michael Bay's movies in general

The Dark Knight Rises (Oh yeah, I just went there)

The Blair Witch Project

All of the Ghost Rider movies

The Avengers

Prometheus

The 3rd Balto movie

And also am I able to inb4 someone mentions The Twilight movies, or am I too late on that one?

• Brohoof 1