Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst Movie(s) You Have Ever Seen?

Miss Light Diamond

I can name a few off the top of my head: the dragonball z evolution movie was complete crap and you all know that :P. Never saw any of the twilight movies and I already knew they sucked. What about that one movie they dedicated to the most hated person on the internet the boober kid. 

The original MLP movies.

Okay, to be fair, I've never seen any of them, but I've heard they were awful. In all honesty, the Twilight saga is my least favorite movie series ever. I don't have any individual movies I consider the worst.

Birdemic... Just, Birdemic...

I could't watch through the whole thing, so I will let Jontron show you how bad it was:

It was pretty darn bad i must say.

Finally, someone else who knows about Jontron. :lol:

The Room, of course.

It's gained cult status for being the absolute worst movie to have ever been created. The acting is horrific, the writing is unstructured and without purpose, the plot is awfully generic and the sub-plots have no damn point to them. It does make for brilliant humour in how much it fails though.

Ever seen people go "Ohai mark" or "You are tearing me apart Lisa!"? Yeah, quotes from The Room.

• Brohoof 1

Has nobody mentioned xanidu? Its earned that title long ago. My school did a parody musical on it and it was hilarious! Also jaws 3d was probably even worse. Avatar the last air bender is probably the worst more modern movie I've seen.

We already have a thread like this, and worst movies of all time is an opinion not fact, so here are my least favorite movies I consider to be the worst I have ever seen:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Ghost Ship

4 Christmases

Left Behind

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

All of the Resident Evil movies

The Last Airbender

All of the Twilight movies

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Why in the world did you add Harry Potter? It was a great movie! I am a HP fan, and i don't even understand..why you even added that to the worst movie category. Others called it a awesome movie.

Why in the world did you add Harry Potter? It was a great movie! I am a HP fan, and i don't even understand..why you even added that to the worst movie category. Others called it a awesome movie.

I love the Harry Potter movies, but in my opinion, I hated Goblet of Fire, its always played over and over again on TV and it was a bit lazily made. 

The rest I love so dearly. :P

I hated Goblet of Fire too.  It was too dark, it cut too many parts of the book out (I know it was a long book, but NOT A SINGLE HOUSE ELF!?), it went through fifteen chapters in like fifteen minutes, Dumbledore was too grumpy, and the humor didn't work.  Chamber of Secrets is definetly my favorite Harry Potter film personally.

My least favorite movie is Digimon: The Movie.  I loved the show, but there were lots of things that made people not like it, like a bad theme song, bad first episode, bad jokes, saying Digi a lot, etc.  It didn't need that crapfest of a movie on top of all that.

Edited by Dr. Eggnog

Transformers 2

Transformers 2

Transformers 2

Transformers 2

Aaaaaannnnnd Transformers 2.

I've seen a good handful of terrible movies (Batman and Robin, Dragonball Evolution, a good chunk of The Room as well as Catwoman, etc.) but just wow...Revenge of the Fallen is about the only movie I can think of that is completely devoid of any shred of anything that could even be considered to be associated with quality and/or entertainment.  As my experience goes, there is just no way to enjoy that movie.  Not even in laughing at the badness because there's nothing amusing about how bad it is.  It's just repulsively bad.

I saw the movie with my brother and a group of friends.  My brother told me afterwards that the only reason he didn't walk out was because he felt it would seem too rude since he was part of a larger group.  If it had just been me and him, I would not have been surprised if we left in the first hour.

But there were some kickass figures in the movie's toyline.

Also, I would feel a bit remiss if I didn't at least mention Spider-Man 3.  In the last year I've noticed a suddenly vocal minority of the opinion that Spider-Man 3 isn't as bad as everyone says.  I agree with that sentiment but in totally the opposite direction; I find Spider-Man 3 to be much worse than most people say.  But I still gave a second viewing to some of the better scenes in the movie and enjoyed them, which is much more than I can say for Transformers 2.

• Brohoof 1

MANOS! HANDS OF FATE! I rewatch that mst3k all the time. hilarious.

Really?  I thought "Overdrawn At The Memory Bank" was even worse. :)  (A movie I'm sure Raul Julia would have loved to forget he ever starred in.)

How did The Core not get mentioned yet? Everything sciencey in that movie was WRONG. It was so incorrect, in fact, it could not even be classified under wrong. It was just...Bad.

We did not even get any decent quotes out of The Core.

Edited by Flying Space Badger
  • Brohoof 1

The golden compass, I hated this film. It was confusing, strange and I just didn't like it overall. It was confusing what the bad guy was trying to do, I think separating the animals with the kids.....Why?

• Brohoof 1

How did The Core not get mentioned yet? Everything sciencey in that movie was WRONG. It was so incorrect, in fact, it could not even be classified under wrong. It was just...Bad.

We did not even get any decent quotes out of The Core.

I actually liked that movie. It wasn't really even trying to take itself seriously. And we did get one good quote: "That's impossible. It can't be done. But what if it could?"

Also, "How much would it take to build this machine in a week?" // *laughs* "12 billion dollars?" // "Will you take a check?"

Percy Jackson and the olympians. That movie was just terrible...it made me quite upset because I LOVE the books.

From Dusk Till Dawn. I really didn't like it. It was just kinda stupid.

And the last air bender...it was just so bad. The show was freaking AWESOME...but the movie ? oh god *Facehoof*

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~
  • Brohoof 1

The Day After Tomorrow is worth honorable mention. Sure, it's another Roland Emmerich disaster movie devoid of any soul or coherence; but the film is also heavy-handed and pretentious---even by Emmerich's standards. The last scene really seals the deal for me: the astronauts note how the sky has never been clearer, implying that some good came about from a storm that just killed millions of innocent people.

What a waste of Jake Gyllenhaal and Dennis Quaid.

• Brohoof 1

I

love the Harry Potter movies, but in my opinion, I hated Goblet of

Fire, its always played over and over again on TV and it was a bit

lazily made. 

The rest I love so dearly. :P

I hated Goblet of Fire too.  It was too dark, it cut too many parts of the book out (I know it was a long book, but NOT A SINGLE HOUSE ELF!?), it went through fifteen chapters in like fifteen minutes, Dumbledore was too grumpy, and the humor didn't work.  Chamber of Secrets is definetly my favorite Harry Potter film personally.

My least favorite movie is Digimon: The Movie.  I loved the show, but there were lots of things that made people not like it, like a bad theme song, bad first episode, bad jokes, saying Digi a lot, etc.  It didn't need that crapfest of a movie on top of all that.

Goblet of Fire's probably my second favorite movie in the series, right behind the first one. To me, Harry looks the closest to how old he's supposed to be. He actually looks 14 in that movie. Sure, it did skip some important scenes, but I feel like the tournament scenes made up for it.

Edited by Betez

The Day After Tomorrow is worth honorable mention. Sure, it's another Roland Emmerich disaster movie devoid of any soul or coherence; but the film is also heavy-handed and pretentious---even by Emmerich's standards. The last scene really seals the deal for me: the astronauts note how the sky has never been clearer, implying that some good came about from a storm that just killed millions of innocent people.

What a waste of Jake Gyllenhaal and Dennis Quaid.

Oh god that movie was so awful, disaster movies are bad 99% of the time anyway.

Percy Jackson and the olympians. That movie was just terrible...it made me quite upset because I LOVE the books.

From Dusk Till Dawn. I really didn't like it. It was just kinda stupid.

And the last air bender...it was just so bad. The show was freaking AWESOME...but the movie ? oh god *Facehoof*

Percy Jackson and The Last Airbender just wanted me to flip a table after watching them, I enjoyed the Percy Jackson books and loved The Last Airbender TV series.

• Brohoof 2

Goblet of Fire's probably my second favorite movie in the series, right behind the first one. To me, Harry looks the closest to how old he's supposed to be. He actually looks 14 in that movie. Sure, it did skip some important scenes, but I feel like the tournament scenes made up for it.

I think the only task they did well was the second one, as it was the only one that resembeled the book.  In the first task in the book, Harry had to bait the dragon away from the eggs cause it was a mother, not a monster, and it was designed well so that the dragon wouldn't chase him around the firggin castle trying to kill him like in the movie.  Also, in the third task, instead of making lots of cool challenges in the maze, they just made the hedges alive.  Oooooooooooo...

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention The Garbage Pail Kids Movie yet.

Also: The Last Airbender, Cat in the Hat.

Don't mention Twilight. Twilight doesn't exist. (Maybe if we all ignore it, it will finally go away.)

In recent months, Battle of the Bulge comes to mind.  To me, it is the shining example of a ridiculous 60's war film.  For a film that prides itself on historical accuracy when it wsa released, it couldn't be further from the truth.  The glaring stereotypes, poor acting, set errors and almost offensive levels of innacuracy are astounding.  I received the film two years ago for Christmas on Blu-Ray because someone in my family remembered that a

came from it. 

The characters are blatantly black-and-white cutouts depicting the American forces as dopey incompetents and the German forces as zealous monsters.  Another glaring issue I had, which is fairly understandable for a 1960's film is the fact that the German Pzkpfw VI B "King Tiger" tanks in the film are instead represented by post-war American M47 Pattons

The absence of historical German vehicles has been remedied in the past by Hollywood by either substituing the vehicle with a strikingly similar in appearance one, or building a frame around it in order to dress it up and make it look like the intended vehicle.

For example, here is a T-34 dressed up to appear as a Pzkpfw VI Tiger tank.

All in all, what would otherwise have been a great opportunity to showcase the very intriguing and complex battle flopped onto its face and left me extremely disappointed. 

• Brohoof 4

I'm surprised nopony brought this one up:

all_dvd_covers_super_mario_bros_-other.j

^ I like to pretend this movie never happened. :P

I also obviously hate the Twilight movies. The Last Airbender was bad too. Meh. 

Edited by Pixiesong
  • Brohoof 3

Another movie I have to add to my list of worse movies would have to be the Mario Bros one.

They did it all wrong! Bowser was a dragon/turtle hybred not an evolved T-Rex!

They named the girl Daisy in it! HELLO! It's Princess Peach not Daisy!

And they made yoshi a baby instead of an adult.

If they remake this, I hope they actually do it right. >_<