Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Met a Brony today!

Flying Whales

Well, I don’t know if anyone really cares, but I FINALLY met another Brony in the area. I was chillin’ at the Gamestop wearing my Fluttershy shirt and he came out of nowhere said he liked my shirt, I saw he himself was wearing an MLP shit too. We talked a little about the show and it turns out he’s a rifleman in the Marines. Turns out you can be a badass and watch ponies, but we all already knew that. :D

• Brohoof 8

Lol do much awesomeness you can get out from Wering a shirt... In my area it's rare to see someone with a Mario shirt... SUPER rare with a sonic shirt... I'm like the only one in my area who has a sonic T... But I need a MLP shirt... And I haven't seen anyone but my friend who has a MLP shirt...

I wounder how much comments il get if I put on a MLP T

Wore my MLP shirt today. Walked around campus, met no bronies. Walked to the local card shop to play some mtg and check to see if there are any casual D&D games recruiting, met 6 bronies :)

• Brohoof 3

I need to find fellow fans at my campus soon. Just not sure where/how to start. I'm one of the subtle types of fans, if I was to wear a shirt, I would need a good subtle one involving Fluttershy somehow.

You know I wear the shirt fairly often, and to school too, I thought the one place where I’d find fellow fans would be at the college, but nope, I haven’t gotten any sort of comment on it, good or bad. So I felt totally vindicated today.

Wore my MLP shirt today. Walked around campus, met no bronies. Walked to the local card shop to play some mtg and check to see if there are any casual D&D games recruiting, met 6 bronies :)

Did you go to the celebration? If so I’m SO jealous, I had to work today from 10 am to 7:30 pm so I didn’t get to go.

still want my damn unicorn/pegasus deck for MTG

Stormfront Pegasus for the win.

Edited by Flying Whales

This reminded me of someone we all miss Ol' Sarge :( ... hope he comes back sometime....

Anyways your lucky man I have yet to see any brony or anyone wear a MLP shirt... I still have faith that I'll find one though ;) awesome man thanks for sharing!

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don’t know if anyone really cares, but I FINALLY met another Brony in the area. I was chillin’ at the Gamestop wearing my Fluttershy shirt and he came out of nowhere said he liked my shirt, I saw he himself was wearing an MLP shit too. We talked a little about the show and it turns out he’s a rifleman in the Marines. Turns out you can be a badass and watch ponies, but we all already knew that. :D

MLP branded or not, if anyone was wearing a shit, I wouldn't go anywhere within 10 feet of them. I don't know about you, but I can't stand the smell of feces. :P

But otherwise, in all seriousness, you'll find friends or people with common interests in times and places that you least expect it. The world sure does have a sense of humor, all right.

I might get a T-Shirt too...but I doubt i'll meet any Bronys or Pegasisters here in Japan. :(

Even if I did though, with my limited Japanese, I doubt we could discuss it much except for a Brohoof maybe. I guess there's the odd chance i'll meet another foreigner who happens to be a Brony too, but I think the chances are small and even on this forum I have onl met one other person in Japan, but he's in south Japan I believe while i'm closer to Tokyo.

I think this show is still relatively unknown in Japan to top it off - so consider yourself lucky! I'm happy for you so way to go! :)

I might get a T-Shirt too...but I doubt i'll meet any Bronys or Pegasisters here in Japan. :(

Even if I did though, with my limited Japanese, I doubt we could discuss it much except for a Brohoof maybe. I guess there's the odd chance i'll meet another foreigner who happens to be a Brony too, but I think the chances are small and even on this forum I have onl met one other person in Japan, but he's in south Japan I believe while i'm closer to Tokyo.

I think this show is still relatively unknown in Japan to top it off - so consider yourself lucky! I'm happy for you so way to go! :)

Ah thanks! Are you or someone in your family in the military? I’ve lived in Okinawa before and I loved it. I think you should just go a head and get a shirt, what do you have to lose? Haha broohof is an international language. :P

Ah thanks! Are you or someone in your family in the military? I’ve lived in Okinawa before and I loved it. I think you should just go a head and get a shirt, what do you have to lose? Haha broohof is an international language. :P

Yes it is! haha.

Ah no...my husband is Japanese. We had to pick a country, I decided to come to Japan. So glad I did! It has it's ups and downs, but with the power of the internet and loving inlaws i'm quite comfortable. :)

• Brohoof 1

Yes it is! haha.

Ah no...my husband is Japanese. We had to pick a country, I decided to come to Japan. So glad I did! It has it's ups and downs, but with the power of the internet and loving inlaws i'm quite comfortable. :)

Ah, that’s awesome to hear! I hope you enjoy your time in Japan with your husband and I’d really recommend you learn the language. I lived there for 4 years and didn’t learn a lick of Japanese and I really regret it, especially considering all the anime I watch.

I need to find fellow fans at my campus soon. Just not sure where/how to start. I'm one of the subtle types of fans, if I was to wear a shirt, I would need a good subtle one involving Fluttershy somehow.

Google "[your college's name] bronies" see if that comes up with anything. If it doesn't then put up posters with a link to a ponysquare or facebook group. Thats how you find bronies. My school did that and we have 43 people in the brony club lol

Ah, that’s awesome to hear! I hope you enjoy your time in Japan with your husband and I’d really recommend you learn the language. I lived there for 4 years and didn’t learn a lick of Japanese and I really regret it, especially considering all the anime I watch.

Way ahead of you! ;)

I'm just finishing up taking a beginner Japanese class...for the 2nd time. Just now starting to "get it" and now it's just a lot of memorizing. I'm an awefully slow learner, but i'm determined to get good at Japanese one of these days. Wow 4 years in Japan? And for what reason may I ask? I might be here on a permenant basis. Finding less and less reasons to leave. :P

Google "[your college's name] bronies" see if that comes up with anything. If it doesn't then put up posters with a link to a ponysquare or facebook group. Thats how you find bronies. My school did that and we have 43 people in the brony club lol

Thanks for the idea. Searched my campus name and city the campus resides in, nothing. I am reluctant to start posting papers out in public though. Perhaps I need to do some more recon on foot first, make a move later.

Way ahead of you! ;)

I'm just finishing up taking a beginner Japanese class...for the 2nd time. Just now starting to "get it" and now it's just a lot of memorizing. I'm an awefully slow learner, but i'm determined to get good at Japanese one of these days. Wow 4 years in Japan? And for what reason may I ask? I might be here on a permenant basis. Finding less and less reasons to leave. :P

My dad is a Marine and we were lucky enough to get stationed out in Okinawa. Yeah, if that’s the case then I’m sure you’ll learn the language, it looks as though it’s becoming an necessity for you. You know I was lucky enough to live in Australia for two years as well and I felt the same way. About “finding less and less a reason to leave” I miss it all the time.

• Brohoof 1

I saw he himself was wearing an MLP shit too.

Posted Image

lol I'm glad to hear you met a brony! It's awesome when you do. I've met two bronies in a cinema and one in my new school class. I actually made 4 people bronies yesterday, but that's a story I'll write in my blog sometime :)

Edited by Mr. Nibblers
  • Brohoof 1

Lol do much awesomeness you can get out from Wering a shirt... In my area it's rare to see someone with a Mario shirt... SUPER rare with a sonic shirt... I'm like the only one in my area who has a sonic T... But I need a MLP shirt... And I haven't seen anyone but my friend who has a MLP shirt...

I wounder how much comments il get if I put on a MLP T

Idk if you know this already or not, but welovefine.com sells MLP teeshirts along with lots of other brands (starwars, back to the future etc) and there only $25 plus tax each.

You met a brony! Well, lucky you! :D

I met two people who are bronies, however, they are two grades below me, so I barely talk to them. Everypony in my class doesn't really like/care for ponies, and I wear my brony pin on my backpack everyday for school, still nothing. :P

But I'm glad you found one! And he's in the marines too! I wish him luck in the Marines. ;) It's not everyday you see a brony, and your one of the lucky ones to meet one!

Maybe there are a lot of bronies out there after all, but maybe their too shy to admit it? :blink:

You know I wear the shirt fairly often, and to school too, I thought the one place where I’d find fellow fans would be at the college, but nope, I haven’t gotten any sort of comment on it, good or bad. So I felt totally vindicated today.

Did you go to the celebration? If so I’m SO jealous, I had to work today from 10 am to 7:30 pm so I didn’t get to go.

Yeah, I thought I would've met at least a few bronies on campus. I'm sure there are some, and I'm sure a few saw me, but maybe they w ere just busy or didn't feel like bringing it up :/

And yes, I went to the Celebration. Didn't lose a single game, either :)

This makes me think back to someone that I saw walking in the halls last year in school. He was wearing one of those shirts that said "Brony" on it, with a FiM-style pony on it. I was really tempted to go up and talk to him, but this was when I was waiting for my next class, and he was on his way to his, and the halls were really crowded, so he was gone in no time. I've thought about trying to find him around the school again when the halls are a little less high-traffic, but I don't know, that'd be kind of awkward I feel, considering I'm a bit of a Fluttershy when it comes to talking to people and starting conversations. I still think back to that shirt he was wearing and how brave he was to be wearing it, since this is a high school, where people will judge you for liking something they don't unless you look intimidating enough, and he was kinda small for his age.

This makes me think back to someone that I saw walking in the halls last year in school. He was wearing one of those shirts that said "Brony" on it, with a FiM-style pony on it. I was really tempted to go up and talk to him, but this was when I was waiting for my next class, and he was on his way to his, and the halls were really crowded, so he was gone in no time. I've thought about trying to find him around the school again when the halls are a little less high-traffic, but I don't know, that'd be kind of awkward I feel, considering I'm a bit of a Fluttershy when it comes to talking to people and starting conversations. I still think back to that shirt he was wearing and how brave he was to be wearing it, since this is a high school, where people will judge you for liking something they don't unless you look intimidating enough, and he was kinda small for his age.

Mmm if I were you I’d just go for it you know? If the opportunity presents itself again then why not go for it? What do you have to lose? You could make a great new friend, plus it’s always fun to talk about ponies with people in real life, which is not to say you guys on the forums don’t rule, it’s just great in person.

Edited by Flying Whales
  • Brohoof 1