Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Heros of the past met in the present reactions?

Reiki Knight 13

I got some really deep food for thought for everyone to contemplate.

Think of all the of people that we consider to be heros now that we're considered at best controversial  and worst assumed to be mad, soldiers of evil etc during their own times.

In other words the ones that really shock the world to the core and challenged everything to change whatever was not working even though it was far from the most popular thing.

Which brings me to the main point  of this post.

Suppose these same heros came back into this world , would they find welcome or the same distrust and hate for daring to change the world we know of once again?

Now, I know what you might be thinking "Well no duh we would listen to them as we know their history, accomplishments, looks etc..."

And it won't be that simple, rather instead think of it more as if they were reincarnated into different names and looks.

I'm not going to go into examples because just doing that would cause so many arguments so we will just leave it at the hero's of the past are now in the present with the same spirit and minds they held back then but with a different physical body/name.

So, do you think the world will be more welcoming or as hateful to them as in times past?

Actually... let's even add on something here.

Suppose ANY of the MLP characters were reborn into this world with all the memories of their lives within the MLP series into new human bodies. 

Would you be able to become friends with them or they with you?

Here is my thought process.

One obvious point is that if a given person today disapproves of the figure commonly regarded as a hero, they would likely not agree with his re-manifestation.

But besides that case, it depends on the reason for why the figure has been commonly regarded as a hero, and the way in which they are to be re-manifested.

• If someone who is regarded as a hero is considered as such due to acting in a timelessly virtuous manner while they were alive, they would probably be highly regarded if re-manifested. 
  • If someone who is regarded as a hero is considered as such due to acting in a manner appropriate for the specific circumstances of their time, but would otherwise be seen as acting, at best, in a morally questionable manner, then it depends on the circumstances of the new environment in which they finds themselves (e.g. a leader may be praised for acting in a tyrannical manner during what was considered to be a desperate situation at the time, but their particular style of leadership may not be welcome during peaceful and stable times).
  • If someone who is regarded as a hero is considered as such due to acting in a manner that was contrary to the values held during their time... it depends on how they are re-manifested:
    • If they are re-manifested in exactly the same way as they were except for taking on a new identity, then:
      • They may largely regain respect if their re-manifestation takes place shortly after their death as the circumstances of the time may still closely align with the circumstances in which they previously acquired much respect.
      • They may be respected but not to a significant degree if the underlying values with which he has previously acted has become commonplace.
      • They may actually be seen as having regressive views if the circumstances of the time has changed significantly since the time of their life (e.g. someone praised for being revolutionary in the 12th century would likely be regarded as regressive if re-manifested nearly exactly today).
    • If they are re-manifested in a way that would be contrary to the values widely established in the present (contrary in a different manner from when they were alive before), I think there are three sets of people to consider (not necessarily exclusive of one another):
      • Independent thinkers: It is impossible to make a generalized statement on this except that each of these people will have their own views on this re-manifested hero according to the values they hold.
      • Opinion molders: These people may approve or disapprove of the re-manifested hero if they act according to the values held by the opinion molders.
      • The masses:
        • Those who tend to adhere to established values: They will likely denounce the re-manifested hero even though they may praise figures like them from the past.
        • Those who tend to adhere to opinion molders: This is a class of people who have a habit of appealing to authority, and delegate the formation of opinion to others. Whether they will praise or denounce the re-manifested hero depends on the judgment of the opinion molders who influence them most.

The term Hero is such a relative term...

However, I'd like to know what many of the founding fathers of America had in mind when they were drafting the Bill of Rights and other such documents. :dash: Would be nice to clear up some issues related to that. Would also like to see if modern America is everything they ever dreamed of or not.

Unrelated, occasionally there have been some good people that died too soon. I might not have much to ask them, I would just want to spend a little extra time with them, because they were heroes to me. :blush:

Let me give a very delicate example to kind of  elaborate a tiny bit.

Let's say say Jesus or Zeus or Thor, Epona, or any of the 100's upon 100's of deities came to earth in full form as we have seen them depicted. 

The deity in question appears and  proceeds to flat out explain to their followers how they have gotten the deity's true message wrong, what they missed and what they need to do to get back on track.

Considering, the followers can very easily see it is fact the deity this is of course not very likely to get questioned and mostly like it will just get done.

Now, let's say the same deity comes to earth like before but in the body appearance of a 14 year old kid and under a different name.

They have the wisdom, they still have their power, but how do you think the situation will be handled then?

Will they listen, will they scoff because it's "just some snot-nosed brat", will they think it's really some kind of monster or will they be willing  to accept the deity as is here etc?

All of that just from the difference of looks.

And the above is kind of what I am getting at here  just the physical is changed.

The mind and spirit are exactly the same.

If heroes from the past fall into the present time, their reaction would be 

IMG_7294.gif.8e8ac846b700821af4ad9aa442573b3b.gif

IMG_7293.gif.9fac53a4b05348c63cf3da6b0b7145ee.gif
giving how history continues to repeat itself over and over.

1 hour ago, Fluttershutter said:

I'd need more context and to know who these heroes are.

Any kind of hero: religious, scientific, social etc

And controversial at that.

Some examples could include MLKJR who was working to gain basic civil rights for Black Americans at a time where much of the US held a very high racist viewpoint at that time.

Gandhi, that helped get the British empire to back off of India by means of peaceful protest.

Saint Joan of Arc who was believed to have received divine messages from God and helped the French during the French and English war.

I can keep going But I mean do I need to actually make a list here as that could take pages upon pages if I were actually list out of every single hero on every single possible subject.

If this info is not enough we could focus on a more specific subject or something if that helps?