Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

That's right, I looked up what I kept shouting as Soldier in TF2, the 101st Airborne! And so, the Screaming Griffin's project is borne unto the forums! That's right, we're taking OC's for your ponies, unicorns, and pegasi to make some sepia-tinted drawings of them in army gear! Or crystal clear photos in more modern military attire. We got a few artists, we got a few OC's. But we need more of both!

Come on now, give it over, but remember it's always a group photo, even if it's just two of you! Put a reference picture of your OC, and some details on personality so the artist can draw them behaving in-character during the shot.

And if you are an artist, give us a reference of your skill. I will leave you with two things; the olde fashioned attire of the "Screaming Griffins" if you want to be part of a bigger group picture, and this song! Hit it boys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD8b-QpL0eo

Here is the uniform- on a teddy bear:

Posted Image

Except for most of you, you won't have a peaked U.S. Colonel's green dress uniform cap, but you sure as hell can have the glasses!

So come now folks, register today!

Yo. Expressed interest in this earlier. Glad to see an actual thread for it now.

I'd like my character Serah to be involved in this. Character image and some description given in the link; ignore the human backstory part, because that's only for one specific RP on this forum that required an alternate backstory.

For what she'd be in the military... well, she would have to be someone who is directly involved in the fighting. Considering her attraction to danger and violence, she might be heavily decorated (or her limbs might decorate the battlefield XD).

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Sweet, this is really cool. I'm an air force guy myself, but I guess Vinyl Blade can work with the army. The link to her character page is in my signature. I'd like her to wear a service dress cover.

Army, Reserves, Navy Seals, Marines, Air force; Buddy, we're even doing British police officers and the S.W.A.T. team. If you want a different type of defense to your country, that's quite alright. I don't think Old Abe would mind much.

I enjoy the hell out of this idea. Here's Shadow Chaser.

A detective by way of cutie mark. Currently involved in undercover secret operative work for Luna. (I'm writing a fic about it.)

Shadow's a trusting guy. He likes to see the good in people until they show him otherwise. Which can put him in bad spots from time to time when people take advantage of that.

He's got a soft spot for the ladies. (In my fics has a continuing romance with Dash.)

Lost his parents at an early age and his brother left him shortly after. Shadow tracked his brother down but left when he heard his brother mention not wanting Shadow around. This first adventure earned Shadow his cutie mark and helped him know his special talent was finding people who didn't want to be found.

Lost his best friend at sea. Changeling pirates attacked, his friend Skip, sacrificed himself to save his ship. Shadow was there for the loss and had a bit of a breakdown as Skip was the last of his real family. (This was another fic I wrote.)

Shadow's not a hard man. He can take some punishment but he wasn't designed to be beaten. As a result he relies on his wits to keep him going.

In a military setting he would work best as a radioman, medic, or support gunner. Sunglasses optional, at artists discretion.

(I did a terrible job on the hair in the second pic.)

Army, Reserves, Navy Seals, Marines, Air force; Buddy, we're even doing British police officers and the S.W.A.T. team. If you want a different type of defense to your country, that's quite alright. I don't think Old Abe would mind much.

In that case, can you put Vinyl in a flight suit, holding her helmet? USAF all the way, bro! I'm actually planning on going to the USAFA for college

I would love to be a part of this. My OC's name is Byron, just look him up in the RP world character database. He is fun, cool, and always smiling.

EDIT: Put him in the suit with the most purple, I don't care what it is, just reasonable please

Edited by Shade

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we've got some characters, any more artists? More characters is good, yes, but if anyone out there feels like drawing up a group, that'd just be dandy.

Posted ImageWell, here we are! The first picture finished; I believe the participants for this was Artsy, Serah, and- I forgot the last bloke. I think he was on my status update. Well, request more! This uniform is for the New Appleloosa Republic!