Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open CloudTwister's School for Fillies and Foals

DarligPegasi

Diamond Tiara's opinion of everypony was very unaffected by their introductions. She was sure that she had made the correct assumptions with her first impressions of everypony. She yawned, bemused by the incredibly shy Dawn. She half wanted to gallop out and grab a megaphone for the dolt. But a presentation... now that she could do. If she made an awesome enough presentation, she would only further galvanize her status as the best of the best in her classroom.

But who to pick as her partner? They were all more or less unnecessary, and she could easily get the research done on her own. But she needed to follow the rules, or Cheerilee would get on her case. And she also needed to start making friends and allies, lest she be left out of the loop in class... She turned to Magneus, smiling sweetly. "Hey there. I think my father might know your father." That could well have been true, Filthy Rich was a well connected stallion. "Want to do the project with me?"

Ain't that the truth? Diamond thought to herself when she overheard Splinter. But she didn't actually say it. No need to make a scene in class. "Aw, Splinter, don't say such things about yourself," she said compassionately even as she glared a dagger or two in his direction.

Edited by WordplA

Magneus had planned to do the assignment alone, but what fun would that be? He let out a quick sigh and slightly smiled at Diamond Tiara, "As much as i would prefer to do it alone, i guess i have to pair up. So sure, i'm fine pairing with you"

She was probably the nicest looking filly in the class, aside from Clarity that is.

"Lets split it in half, i will do my part on Unicorns and Alicorns, and you can do yours on Earth ponies and Pegasus, okay?" he tried to make it as quick and clear as possible, he thought it would be better for him to work on the more... difficult races.

Edited by Not Magneus

Splinter looked at Dawn Swirl. Splinter tapped his hoof on his head for a long time. ''Sure. I guess so.'' Splinter finally said while shrugging. He looked at Diamond Tiara and Magneus and snickered. ''Oh.. This is hilarious.'' Splinter thought to himself while looking at the two pair up.

Edited by The Apprentice

After listening to Miss Cheerilee Lucky started to tap at his desk at a steady tempo looking around at the other ponies and the tempo of his tempo of his tapping increase as he began to think and look around once more he first looks at Magneus then at Splinter and notices they were well on their way to getting partners "They didn't even have to try!" he thought to himself feeling a bit envious of them but places a small smile turning away as his tapping started to increase in sound he begun rocking his head back and forth to the tempo he continues to look around quickly at Diamond Tiara and Dawn Swirl then away they were moving at the same pace Magneus&Splinter as he continues his desk drumming continued he began to hum then looks at Amber excited " She could be a awesome pony to work with! " he thought cheerfully as her enthusiasm really lit him up and stops what he was doing certain of his decision but then looks at Acrosplash and started his desk drumming once again "She's new huh? Well so am i! Wait a minute... that doesn't mean anything! Does it? Still... all right i've decided!" he thought to himself with a brave disposition and pushes himself from the desk with much force but makes his chair wobble " Whoa... " he said as his chair starts wobbling until it gave way falling to the ground " WHOA!!! " Lucky yelled as he fell his head came in contact with a desk behind him hitting him then falls to the floor dazed showing how much of a klutz he is

"Four types of ponies?!" Amber asked herself, wearing a confused look on her face. "But I thought there were just three different kind of ponies! Earth ponies, Unicorns and Pegeons!" She said, gravely misspelling one of the races and looking around desperately in search of a partner. This would be a great chance to make a new friend! She noticed some of her classmates already pairing up and she didn't want to be left behind.

Amber looked behind her, startled after hearing a loud thump. She saw the foal Lucky Star on the floor. "What happened? Did you fall from your chair?" She asked, almost unable to hold her laugh but not very concerned in helping the clumsy pony. "Hey! Why don't we do the presentation together? It will be fun!" Amber beamed, dragging her desk closer to Lucky Star's even before he could answer.

Cheerilie chuckled, "Most ponies think that two, but remember Princess Celestia and Princess Luna? Those two are both unicorns and pegasi. They are apart of a rare species called Alicorns." she said to Amber Vox.

>>>

Acrosplash let her ears droop as everyone began to pair up. She had been about to ask Magneus but then Diamond Tiara had gotten to him first. Then she planned to ask Lucky Star but Amber already did! Who could she pair up with now? I don't want to have to be the one who has to wait for the teacher to pair them up! she thought.

The only other available filly was a filly that hadn't even introduced herself yet!

Edited by iBleedSarcasm

Diamond watched Lucky for a moment. "Idiot." A slight cough was what most of them would have been able to hear. As for her partner, Diamond Tiara was a bit miffed. She could tell by his tone that he didn't expect her to be able to keep up, and so he was assigning her the 'easier' races to deal with. Well let me just tell you that I also would rather work alone, boy. She kept her thoughts to herself once again, however, for the sake of being diplomatic.

Just because she had the easier races didn't mean she couldn't make a great presentation and upstage every pony. The Earth Ponies and Pegasus had some pretty amazing history, from what Diamond had read in snippets before while bored in her father's office or backstage in a pageant. "Alright, sounds good." Diamond Tiara then raised her hoof. "Miss Cheerilee, what can we use for the project?"

''Oh! I know! We can use tape! Right?'' Splinter said while a smile grew on his face. He scrambled to find a piece of paper. ''I usually make these masks using tape.. Or something like that. I don't even know anymore!'' Splinter said while looking at Diamond Tiara. ''Do you make masks?'' Splinter said while looking at Diamond Tiara and struggling to smile. ''Don't cringe.. Don't cringe.''

Lucky Star looks up at Amber Vox " Umm i'm ok... " Lucky said with a weak smile then touches the back of his head squinting his eyes cause of the pain " Ow! i'm not ok... " he said chuckling weakly as he got back up and picked his chair off the ground noticing her desk next to his after she makes herself Lucky Star's partner which left Lucky shocked his ears began to drop "Umm but i was..." Lucky paused seeing it was to late and sighed "Sure sounds good." He told Amber with a fake smile he looks back at Acrosplash his ears drop once again feeling a bit sad but hopes she finds a partner cause at the moment he's tied up so to say. his attention returns to the assignment and uses his magic to take out his notebook from his rucksack and lays it on the table opening it up to where most of the pages are blank " How about we make paper models? " Lucky asked (( Are the young unicorns are allowed to do this with their magic? ))

Miss Cheerilie frowned when she saw that Acrosplash didn't have a partner, and checked her class roster. Another pony named Clarity was supposed to be in her class, but there were no signs of her. "Okay, since the number of ponies in the class are uneven, one of the groups will be made up of three ponies. Now which one of you would be kind enough to let Acrosplash join your group?" she asked.

She smiled at Diamond Tiara, when she asked about the materials. This one seemed to have a stronger interest in staying on task and learning in general. "Any materials can be used for the project, and for the presentation, magic can be used but don't get too carried away."

>>

Acrosplash cringed when Miss Cheerilie asked for one of the groups to take her. She hated being in positions like this! It made her feel so unwanted and like a social leper! She just hoped somepony would want her in their group or else she would have to do the whole project alone! Which she was very capable of, but she'd never get to know any of the other ponies.

"Three heads are better than one?" she offered. She had heard her uncle Tri-top say so when opening up for his super circus pony act. Super circus ponies were the ponies who were born with extra talents, like an extra hoof or one eye. Or in her uncle's case, three heads.

Edited by iBleedSarcasm

"Oh yeah! The princesses are Alicorns: both Unicorn and Pe...Pe...Pegasi!!" Amber chuckled, finally able to get the name right. "Hee hee! The princesses are so pretty, aren't they?" She giggled. "When I grow up, I want to become princess of Equestria!" Amber shouted in excitement when she noticed Acrosplash asking for a group. "Oh! Oh! You can come with us if you want!" She smiled.

Amber turned back to her partner, Lucky Star. "Paper models, huh?... Sounds fun! I can try to do it with my magic!!" She bragged again, raising her horn in the air. Her magic was still very weak, and she never tried anything much complex such as paper folding. Her horn glowed faintly as she concentrated all of her effort into the piece of paper on the table, followed by a 'poof' sound. Nothing happened to the paper. "...This is hard. I give up." Amber sighed and frowned, looking around the classroom. Most of the groups seemed to be almost done with their presentations already.

Edited by DrizzleSTAR

''Taping time!'' Splinter said while he smiled and pulled a roll of duct tape out of his desk. Before doing anything productive. He taped his mouth and ears shut. ''Mmph! mmmmph!'' Splinter muffled while realizing what he had done. ''Mmph? MMMMMPH? MMPH?!?'' Splinter muffled while realizing he couldn't hear anything.

Diamond Tiara evenly regarded Splinter, her expression a cool smile. "I've worn masks, not made them." Diamond Tiara then turned away from him as quickly as possible to hear out Miss Cheerilee. "Thank you, Miss Cheerilee." She nodded her head in deference to the teacher and turned to Magneus.

"Obviously, I can't use magic for my half of the presentation. What are you thinking of doing?" Diamond Tiara considered her options, or rather she tried to until she was distracted by an outburst of sound. Looking up, she saw Splinter, and was actually flabbergasted at how stupid some ponies on this planet could manage be. Oh well. Something for her to try to take advantage of. She sidled up to Splinter while she waited for Magneus to respond.

"In a bit of a bind there, Splinter? Don't worry, I'll help you out..."

Edited by WordplA

''MMPH! MMMMPHH!'' Splinter said while jumping. ''This is bad.. Very, very bad!'' Splinter thought while backing away. ''Mmph! Mmph!'' Splinter said while trying to tell her to stay away. He then stopped and his eyes widened. ''Is Diamond actually trying to HELP me? Nah. I think backing away is a better idea.''

Lucky Star's ears perk up when Amber tells Acrosplash that it's ok for her to join them and nods looking at Acrosplash nodding " Yeah if ya want to. " Lucky added

Lucky Star frowned hoping she could of helped him do it cause he couldn't do it himself but then turns his head no longer paying attention to the rest of the class and takes a look at the back wall of the class and grins seeing the drawing of Princess Celestia & the picture of the earth stallion next to it " I think i found an easier way! " he told Amber Vow getting up and trotting to the back of the room " I just need to take these down and we got 2 done " he told himself as a weak yellow aura glowed from his horn and points his horn to the picture of Princess Celestia and the yellow aura started to cover the picture "I can do this no messing up!" he told himself has he began to trot backwards as if he was pulling the picture on the wall he began to glare as he continued to pull until his magic was exhausted and he stopped discouraged but couldn't help but hear muffling and turns around seeing Splinter " Umm i think you did it wrong. " he said looking at him a small laugh came out but comes closer wanting to help him out

Splinter's eyes rolled as he shrugged. ''I guess he can help me..'' Splinter thought while looking at Lucky Star and trying to smile. ''Mmph mmph Mmph?'' Splinter muffled while while his eyes grew. He ripped off the pieces of duct tape on his ears. ''MMPH.'' Splinter muffled in pain while trying to frown.

Diamond Tiara watched as Splinter started to jerk away, as if desperate. Really? What the hay had she even done to this kid? Bemused and deciding she no longer cared, she scoffed and turned back to Magnus, waiting for his ideas on what they would do for their project.

((Screw you Mind, and not being working))

"Hm, i don't know really, i was thinking of doing some small magic, but i'm not very good at it, my mind isn't working very well currently, so i don't have any idea's as of how we could do it" he rubbed his forehead slightly, no creative idea's coming to him at the moment.

Lucky Star gasped now a bit worried his aura shines again pointing his horn at Splinter the aura covering the tape on his mouth and tries to pull the tape off carefully but swings his head to the side quickly which makes his aura sharper and instead of pulling it off carefully he pulls it quickly with much force

Splinter's eyes widened in shock as the tape ripped off his mouth. ''Ow.'' Splinter said while covering his mouth.''Uh oh.. Pain, rising. Doom.. Approaching!'' Splinter said while covering his mouth. Then, Splinter jumped up. ''OOWWWWWWW!'' Splinter howled while he lost control. He began to run around his desk rapidly. ''Owowowowowow!'' Splinter said.

Lucky Star's iris shrank to the size of a pebble shocked after pulling the tape away then listening to Splinter yell in pain " Oh! I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to do that! I just wanted to help out! Honestly! I'm really sorry! " Lucky said and continued to apologize looking at him feeling like a complete idiot

Edited by Lucky Rascal

Diamond Tiara resisted the urge to start giving Splinter some rather inappropriate nicknames, a hoof going to the bridge of her forehead.

"Ugh, can you believe that guy...? Anyways, I was thinking that I was going to dress up as someone from the past- Like Commander Hurricane or Chancellor Puddinghead- and reenact some history for the class." Diamond Tiara had both the looks and the resources to pull it off, after all. With the stupidity of the other groups taken into full consideration, her idea would probably be a showstopper.

''It's okay.. I think it's over.'' Splinter said while calming himself down. ''Well.. I can talk again. That's good. At least I wasn't hurting anypony. But myself.'' Splinter said while rubbing his mouth with his hoof. He sat down in his chair and put his head on the desk. ''Now what do we have to do?'' Splinter said while looking at Cheerilee.

Lucky gives a relived sigh nodding " Glad your ok." he said " I promise if that happens again i'll ask someone else to help. " he mentioned laughing a bit then turns around looking at the back of the room but before trotting back he stares at Diamond Tiara but then turns away without thinking or saying anything trotting to the back and starts looking through books " Their's gotta be something in here that can help us." he thought thinking about his partners as he browses through the books then raises his hoof turning to Ms Cheerilee " Ms.Cheerilee? " he asked waiting for her to respond

(( Edit: Aww rats i totally derped it i forgot Dawn Swirl was Splinters partner fixing... done! All better! ))

Edited by Lucky Rascal

Cheerilie watched in horror as Lucky Star used his magic to rip the tape off of Splinter's mouth. She cringed when the other foal cried out in pain and briefly wondered if she needed to call a medic pony. Thankfully she didn't and class went on, although she did decided that the tape was now off limits to Splinter.

"Yes Lucky?" she sighed "Oh and I know you wanted to help, but until you can learn how to control your magic, please refrain from using it on other ponies. Ok? Now what is your question?"

>>>

Acrosplash trotted over to Amber Vox and Lucky Star, a grin plastered onto her face. She wasn't really looking forward to working with the loud filly. But she didn't want to be stuck by herself.

"So what are we going to do for the project?" she asked. Hopefully the two ponies planned to work and not mess around for the entire day.