Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Inside Jokes

Arcus (Silver Lining) Wind

"-Komodo Dragons!"

Me and my best friend thought about what we would do in a hypothetical zombie apocalypse. We were thinking about zombie movies in order from which zombies were a pushover to where they were really scary.

By the time we though of 'I am Legend' we were confident we would train attack dogs as protection but then remembered they could turn too, in that movie.

So he said - "We're gonna train Komodo Dragons instead!". I immediately knew where he was going with this, in some fiction, the zombie plague is a modified rabies that only affects mammals. He could have just picked any other reptile (a crocodile for instance), or a bird, but that sheer random jump to Komodo Dragons nearly had me cracking my ribs.

My friend and I have some inside jokes that we probably will always find funny no matter what. Most of them are rather silly and random, but I suppose that's what makes them so funny to us! My sister and I also have a few inside jokes.

:grin:

You know what else is high?

The carbon tax.

Anytime someone says something is high or expensive, we say "You know what else is high? The carbon tax." I don't even remember how it happened. We were at school camp and somehow started talking about the carbon tax and when someone said "That rockclimbing wall is high," or something along those lines one of our friends said, "You know what else is high? The carbon tax." 

It's not even funny but it's still funny.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

With a high school friend I had "Vijf euro is wel duur he" (Five euros is quite expensive, isn't it), which was just something an old lady once said to us when we were hanging out in town browsing manga, and we thought it was funny so we kept saying it.

At our fencing club we have 'groene vestjes' (green vests), which refers to our club colors, and to someone's angry remark about the number of them at a certain competition.