Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things you assumed as a kid?

Tyger

"Filly" as in "a kid".

When my dad came home from his business trip across the country, the plane lands in front of our house and drops him off. :D

• Brohoof 8

There are a lot of things I believed as a kid that weren't true it's honestly impossible to say what they are now since I haven't been a kid for many years.

Though the only one I can honestly remember is telling on a kid for saying "crap" when I was in second grade because to me that was a cuss word and was against the rules. Nowadays it's not even considered a cuss word at all by anyone, even me. xD

I thought if you shot yourself in the head it would kill you so fast it would stop you from pulling the trigger.

That's a dangerous one, hopefully you never tried it on yourself. ;-;

• Brohoof 2

I used to assume that the bully at my day-care was evil, but now I know they were probably venting anger about problems at home.

That super glue could keep your fingers and anything else stuck together forever. I had a huge fear of it.

Oh and that escalators could suck your feet into them. I still have that fear of them to this day.

And if you left on soap on your hands for too long, it'd burn them off. Blame my mom for most of these.

On a more serious note, I assumed that everyone else were these perfect robots with no emotions and that I had to be perfect too and not show any emotions or else they'd jump all over me and criticize me for making mistakes.

• Brohoof 3

The bank just gave you money. Every time my parents said we didn't have money for something silly I wanted (be it McDonalds or a toy or whatnot), I'd give them a confused look and say "Can't you go to the bank?"

• Brohoof 6

I used to believe that cantaloupes were baby antelopes, and since I always saw plenty of birds perched on telephone lines, I used to presume that they were built so that the birds could rest.

I also used to think that ponies were nothing but dumb creatures that only little girls liked.

Oh how wrong I was.

• Brohoof 13

I used to think the Grand Canyon was in Texas. You can blame people never saying otherwise.

I used to think Damn was on the same language level as darn.

When I asked a bus driver how much money they were paid, she replied "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you", and I thought she would really do it -.-

I thought putting a fork in the microwave made it work so much better it would give a light show in thanks :/

• Brohoof 1

The thing that made you a boy or girl depended on the length of your hair.

The fork and the spoon were in love.

Pokemon were real.

Going anywhere with adults who aren't my parents is kidnapping.

There's probably more. I'll post again if I can think of anything. xP

• Brohoof 2

Back in the fifth grade, I would once in a while hear some people gasp: "OMG u just swor! or "U just sayd teh F word!" I had no idea what they were talking about, what swearing was, or what the F word was. I thought swearing was something so serious and people would get into big trouble for it. Now, profanity slips out of my mouth all the time ^_^

Edited by The Pinkie Eye

The fork and the spoon were in love.

That is soooo cute!!! :wub: I wub it!!!

I thought that after people died that their eyes turned into diamonds (blame the Rescuers for that). I also thought that if you dug too deep in your garden hot lava would come out.

• Brohoof 2

Here are some thigs I assumed as a kid.

Santa was real. The tooth fairy was real. Easter bunny was real. God (some entity) was real. Heven and hell were real. My gayness wasn't normal. And that presidents/government/politics told the truth. But then I grew up.

• Brohoof 2

I used to think zombies were real and everytime I was home alone I would shut and lock every door and keep a "weapon" next to me at all times.

Edited by Dizzy
  • Brohoof 2

I used to think adults knew what the hell they were doing.

On a less cynical note, I used to think that when a moustache was shaved off, the entire moustache would just sit in the sink in one big piece like a Mr. Potato Head part.

• Brohoof 5

I used to think adults knew what the hell they were doing.

On a less cynical note, I used to think that when a moustache was shaved off, the entire moustache would just sit in the sink in one big piece like a Mr. Potato Head part.

HAHA! This is the best.

For years I thought my dad could run between raindrops and not get wet. He said that once jokingly, and I beleived it wholeheartedly.

I thought if you stuck two magnets together and left them for a year, they'd become one magnet and you wouldn't be able to pull them apart.

I thought fax machines would actually send your original document like a telport or something.

I thought Jesus grew to adulthood in less then a year because Christmas and Easter were only four months apart

• Brohoof 2

I used to think that in the sewers there were guys who sorted dead goldfish and stuff like coins out of the sewage.

Also used to think that (the house was close to train tracks) if I didn't get on the porch when a train came by, when the ground shook the earth would split and I'd fall in.

I have repressed my childhood beliefs a long time ago.

hmm, I did use to believe py parents where terrible parents. but now I realize they are the best :P

eeyup, that is the only thing I could think of.

• Brohoof 1