Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

Giving Valhalla Knights 2 another try. Wasn't feeling it the first time.

I hate RPGs that don't give you money for beating enemies but make everything cost money.

Defeated in battle? Oh, we're gonna take half your money for "expenses". Have unidentified items? Buy Analysis Cards or find them in the field! (yeah right, I've found two of those to ten unknown items) Need allies? NOPE MONEY.

:okiedokielokie:

At this current moment, I am playing World of Tanks on my 360. Got to say, I'm having a blast!

I downloaded this the other day but much like Happy Wars I'm probably never gonna play it unless a specific friend of mine wants to play. He's the only person I usually do any sort of multiplayer with and we mostly do coop.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection.  :maud:

And realizing that "holy shit -- this is alot of Halo", but also realizing "wow..Halo 2's gameplay is..painfully outdated..great..but outdated..nostalgia be damned indeed."  :maud:

I just played Halo for the first time the other day. I was gonna wait for this collection but I won't have an Xbone for a good while and Halo 3 and Reach were available through Games With Gold. Beat Halo 3 already and will be doing Reach.

Halo coop is all kinds of fun. You don't have to worry about saving your allies since you just respawn as long as they find a safe spot. We often used this to our advantage to suicide grenade groups of tough enemies. :lol:

Also getting through the game on Legendary helped get me closer to my goal of getting a Gamescore of 25k by 2016 (I'm around 16k right now). 125 points for each difficulty achievement is a great boost. :D

Right now, I've already beaten it, but I'm still playing around on Sonic Boom for the Wii U. ^^

So what's the down-low on Sonic Boom? I'm not gonna be able to get it or a Wii-U for awhile yet but this is the first game I'm getting without a doubt.

Also, do you plan on playing the 3DS one? I'd like some thoughts on that one too if so.

• Brohoof 1

Psychonauts, Skyrim (hint: For true enjoyment, roleplay; its an rpg) and im getting Baldurs Gate soon.

I love Psyhonauts but I wish I had a controller to play it with. I have it on Steam and no compatible controllers. I tried to get my PS3 controller to work but the only thing I know that works for that is a broken mess that shut down my mouse and touch pad capabilities. My 360 controllers are also wireless so that won't work either. I'll need to get a PC controller or buy a wired 360 controller.

Who roleplays in RPGs? It's all about stat management! :lol:

I love Psyhonauts but I wish I had a controller to play it with. I have it on Steam and no compatible controllers. I tried to get my PS3 controller to work but the only thing I know that works for that is a broken mess that shut down my mouse and touch pad capabilities. My 360 controllers are also wireless so that won't work either. I'll need to get a PC controller or buy a wired 360 controller.

Who roleplays in RPGs? It's all about stat management! :lol:

I seriously hope you aren't joking.

You're supposed to roleplay. Use your imagination.

I seriously hope you aren't joking.

You're supposed to roleplay. Use your imagination.

I'm dead serious. I don't play RPGs to roleplay. I play them to manage my stats. I prefer the game to give me my role. Especially since games like Skyrim have extremely restricted choices for roleplay. Every conversation ever has a clear winning answer and if you don't get it you can just cycle through the conversation again until you do get it. There's no real freedom there and no reason to ever use imagination.

More often than not roleplaying just makes a game take longer than necessary. I rarely play a game more than once so I always go for the best route to get me through the game so I can move on to the next.

Spongebob-imagination.jpg

Is why the original Final Fantasy is fun.

The first Final Fantasy is an outdated piece of shit that doesn't play out any differently no matter what characters you use. If you're using that as an argument for roleplaying you're missing the mark by a wide margin. That game is pure stat management. If you have to tell yourself that Fighter is a war hero or that Black Mage is from a cult then more power to you but the game itself has a very specific story and no amount of roleplaying changes the game's story. The characters are all molds for stats and abilities. Nothing more.

The first Final Fantasy is an outdated piece of shit that doesn't play out any differently no matter what characters you use. If you're using that as an argument for roleplaying you're missing the mark by a wide margin. That game is pure stat management. If you have to tell yourself that Fighter is a war hero or that Black Mage is from a cult then more power to you but the game itself has a very specific story and no amount of roleplaying changes the game's story. The characters are all molds for stats and abilities. Nothing more.

You can make your own character development and backstories.

It's really fun.

Or pretend you have the Mane 6 (or part of them) as your party.

It's insanely awesome. I can have as much fun doing this (if not more) than playing Skyrim.

You can make your own character development and backstories.

It's really fun.

Or pretend you have the Mane 6 (or part of them) as your party.

It's insanely awesome. I can have as much fun doing this (if not more) than playing Skyrim.

I feel no need to do that. Like I said I prefer my games to GIVE me the backstory and make the character FOR me. I have no interest in making the character myself.

But don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say you can't enjoy them for that but I never will. I honestly believe that the RPG genre needs a new name because "roleplaying" isn't really a factor in most of them.

I feel no need to do that. Like I said I prefer my games to GIVE me the backstory and make the character FOR me. I have no interest in making the character myself.

But don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say you can't enjoy them for that but I never will. I honestly believe that the RPG genre needs a new name because "roleplaying" isn't really a factor in most of them.

And my opinion is that it used to be and it should have stayed that way.

Don't get me wrong, I don't rely on it for fun. (FF6, my 2nd favorite game ever, would not fit for doing this.)

And my opinion is that it used to be and it should have stayed that way.

Don't get me wrong, I don't rely on it for fun. (FF6, my 2nd favorite game ever, would not fit for doing this.)

I'm of the opposite opinion. I like games like Final Fantasy, Wild Arms and Shin Megami Tensei (sans Persona which has some roleplaying elements that tie in with the stat building) that give me the role and I don't actually have to roleplay it at all.

But there are RPGs for people like me and RPGs for people like you out there. It's not that roleplaying has necessarily gone away, the two styles have just split apart. Everyone's happy! :lol:

I'm of the opposite opinion. I like games like Final Fantasy, Wild Arms and Shin Megami Tensei (sans Persona which has some roleplaying elements that tie in with the stat building) that give me the role and I don't actually have to roleplay it at all.

But there are RPGs for people like me and RPGs for people like you out there. It's not that roleplaying has necessarily gone away, the two styles have just split apart. Everyone's happy! :lol:

YAAAYY

Just played Skyrim (while roleplaying.) If you have no goal, this game is fun.

So what's the down-low on Sonic Boom? I'm not gonna be able to get it or a Wii-U for awhile yet but this is the first game I'm getting without a doubt.

Also, do you plan on playing the 3DS one? I'd like some thoughts on that one too if so.

Apologies for the late reply. I'm sure you've heard of it's terrible reviews, but it's honestly not so bad.

I've already written my review on it, it'll be up in a couple of weeks. For a brief review, it plays like a mix of Sonic the Werehog's combat for the most part. There are sections where you'll run fast, which are very fun, but they don't last too long. Shadow and Metal Sonic make extremely brief appearances, but overall I think the game was enjoyable.

Now, Sonic Boom has received some bad reviews, but instead of SEGA bailing on the whole series, I think it will only show them what exactly they need to improve on. I'm sure SEGA will treat Sonic Boom differently from the main canon, for some reason.

If you're open minded and willing to give a new Sonic a try, go for it. I got the game on the midnight release, beat it, then wrote my review all on the same day. It's not that long of a game if you put your mind to it. After you beat the game, there are mini missions you can play, or just replay the levels you've already beaten.

I'll admit, it takes getting used to. I still to this day find the gamepad a little awkward, but you'll get the hang of it after the first level, which basically acts as a tutorial.

To answer your question on getting the game for the 3DS, I won't be. Although SEGA promises an almost completely different game for the 3DS version, I'm still quite content with playing the Wii U version. ^^

Apologies for the late reply. I'm sure you've heard of it's terrible reviews, but it's honestly not so bad.

I've already written my review on it, it'll be up in a couple of weeks. For a brief review, it plays like a mix of Sonic the Werehog's combat for the most part. There are sections where you'll run fast, which are very fun, but they don't last too long. Shadow and Metal Sonic make extremely brief appearances, but overall I think the game was enjoyable.

Now, Sonic Boom has received some bad reviews, but instead of SEGA bailing on the whole series, I think it will only show them what exactly they need to improve on. I'm sure SEGA will treat Sonic Boom differently from the main canon, for some reason.

If you're open minded and willing to give a new Sonic a try, go for it. I got the game on the midnight release, beat it, then wrote my review all on the same day. It's not that long of a game if you put your mind to it. After you beat the game, there are mini missions you can play, or just replay the levels you've already beaten.

I'll admit, it takes getting used to. I still to this day find the gamepad a little awkward, but you'll get the hang of it after the first level, which basically acts as a tutorial.

To answer your question on getting the game for the 3DS, I won't be. Although SEGA promises an almost completely different game for the 3DS version, I'm still quite content with playing the Wii U version. ^^

Remember who you're talking to, Adorkable. I'm more open-minded about Sonic than nearly everyone. I imagine I'll adore it like I do every other game in the franchise. :lol:

How's the music? We all know that's one of the main reasons I love the franchise. Any epic themes by Crush40 or similar bands?

How's the music? We all know that's one of the main reasons I love the franchise. Any epic themes by Crush40 or similar bands?

Sadly, no vocal themes this round. :/

Oh wow, I thought we were in the Sonic thread. xD

• Brohoof 1

Booooooooooooooooo. I really hope they go back to that. That was half the greatness of the Gamecube/Wii era Sonic games.

You and I exhude the Sonic atmosphere. When we converse about Sonic EVERYWHERE is the Sonic thread. :lol:

I started Shadow of Mordor, but haven't played it consistently yet. It's a fun game, but for some reason it just hasn't clicked with me yet.

I also started playing Persona 4: Golden on the Vita. Loving it thus far. <3