Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, if only because the remake was announced. Guess it's a replay I can afford to do, since I know the game like the back of my hand and it's not too long overall. Not my top favorite Zelda game, but still one of the greatest. :)

Sonic And The Black Knight. I've fallen in love with that final boss theme. If there's something we all can agree the 3D Sonic games does right, it's the music.

This is honestly one of my favorite games in the whole series, partially because of the music, and the only problem I have with it is that they insist on forcing the Wiimote controls into the game when there's absolutely no reason for it. Everything in that game could be mapped to a button and the Wiimote actually makes the QTEs in the duels harder than necessary.

Crush40's version of the song is even better than the original. :wub:

I would also argue that most of the 3D games in the series are infinitely better than the 2D games because they actually try to do something different instead of trying to be stuffed into that small little box the Genesis games made a standard for. If anything's killing the franchise it's the fans wanting the games to be exactly like that.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, if only because the remake was announced. Guess it's a replay I can afford to do, since I know the game like the back of my hand and it's not too long overall. Not my top favorite Zelda game, but still one of the greatest. :)

I never got to finish Majora's Mask. My N64 cartridge always froze every twenty minutes. That on top of the fact that I couldn't find the Goron village really pissed me off. I'll give a try again when the 3DS version comes out but I liked Zelda more after the N64 era. I know, blasphemy.

• Brohoof 1

Has anyone here heard of Yumé Nikki Gensou?

pokemon X....Animal Crossing New Leaf....original Legend of Zelda, and also Windwaker for the gamecube...

Windwaker...great game. I still have my old GameCube copy :D

Has anyone here heard of Yumé Nikki Gensou?

Windwaker...great game. I still have my old GameCube copy :D

0.jpg

Is this it? I've seen it in a few videos but don't really know much about it.

0.jpg

Is this it? I've seen it in a few videos but don't really know much about it.

Nah. That's original Yumé Nikki (which I believe was a SNES release). Yumé Nikki Gensou is a fanmade Flash game that is actually pretty awesome considering it's fanmade and it uses Flash. 

It has a map layout much like Metroid and gameplay is like Castlevania. 

maxresdefault.jpg

It's only in Japanese so unless you can read Japanese, you can't really read anything. You just learn what a few things mean by playing the game. Really, you don't need to know Japanese to get a good experience out of it. If nothing else, the music in the game is freaking awesome. 

It's not entirely polished, but when you consider it for what it is, it's a very fun game. You can beat it in about 4-6 hours. If you're interested in playing it, good luck finding the files, though. They're pretty difficult to come by. I've burned them to a CD so I have a permanent copy. I really don't remember where I found the game. 

Edited by Space Woona

I saw some screenshots like that. Wasn't sure if it was the same game or not. If it doesn't require any knowledge of Japanese to enjoy I may play it. Wish games like that had English versions though.

@@Discordian, I might go poking around. I'm sure the game exists somewhere out there. It was just difficult to find. And I agree but maybe the creator didn't know English. The game didn't garner a huge following so I'm not surprised there's no English version.  That's why I had asked if anyone had heard of it. It's not very well known lol

Maybe I should learn Japanese so I can just play all teh games instead of waiting hopelessly for English versions or fan translations. There's a Japanese-only PSP game I really really really wanna play but there's little chance of it ever coming here. It has the most amazing final boss theme of all time. It's called Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki. The song is called The Azure Arbitrator. Seriously, go look it up. That shit makes me want the game purely for that. <3

Currently playing Football Manager 2015. I will win the Premier League this year, I'm determined!  :angry:

• Brohoof 1

Currently playing Football Manager 2015. I will win the Premier League this year, I'm determined!  :angry:

I'm absolutely hating the new UI for this year, and don't think that many of the new features really add anything. I think it's gone a bit backwards this year...but I'll keep playing anyway.

This is honestly one of my favorite games in the whole series, partially because of the music, and the only problem I have with it is that they insist on forcing the Wiimote controls into the game when there's absolutely no reason for it. Everything in that game could be mapped to a button and the Wiimote actually makes the QTEs in the duels harder than necessary.

is even better than the original. :wub:

I would also argue that most of the 3D games in the series are infinitely better than the 2D games because they actually try to do something different instead of trying to be stuffed into that small little box the Genesis games made a standard for. If anything's killing the franchise it's the fans wanting the games to be exactly like that.

It's one of my favorite Sonic games too! Sure it can be a bit difficult, sure some of the challanges can be a bit asinine (Looking at you Chain of 20 Enemies), but overall I liked it. A tip for the sword clashes; what I did is similar to how I managed to pull off the timing based attacks in Ōkami. Shake, split-second pause, shake. Repeat until the first prompt appears, then look for the other prompts. But you have a point. I can see the GameCube controller working for the game.

Crush 40's version is good, but I prefer the original. Each to their own. :)

Nice to see I'm not the only one who prefers 3D Sonic games over 2D. I cold never bring myself to like the 2D games. I just don't like how they work and the ridiculous difficulty. And wanna know what's even more franchise killing? Some fans want the character roster to be reduced to just Sonic and Eggman.

Terraria. :)

I'm not sure what happened while I was gone, last I checked the game was supposedly no longer being updated (if I remember correctly), but I feel like so much has changed since I last played, whenever that was. I especially love the snow/ice stuff that's going on, in fact I plan on (and have already begun) setting my 'base' inside a glorious ice cave, just because of how awesome it looks and feels. :wub: