mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

It more or less was meant to follow the Handsome Jack story line, thus why they called it "The Handsome Collection". Maybe they felt Borderlands 1 was too old to port?

Having not played the games I have no idea who that even is but I don't think being too old is enough of a reason consider the Devil May Cry, God of War or Silent Hill collections.

Im playing Hitman Absolution now for the Xbox. So far its on the fence with me. I get penalized for killing non target hostiles. Why? Should I not kill people who are trying to kill me? I wish there was a Hitman that let you go guns blazing instead of sneaking ALL THE TIME.

Im playing Rayman Junior Level 3...its sooooooo fun..i cant even think of one game which would be more fun playing right now.

It isnt even the questions i have to answer ( since its an educational game for kids ) but the gameplay is so frustratingly difficult, its even harder than the original Rayman game.The game trolls you all the time with randomly appearing enemies which you cant dodge. I dont even know if its bad game design or just glitches but sometimes you have to almost lose all your life points to even get to the next level.  

The voice acting is completely terrible, both the german and english versions, so that i most of the time dont even know what im supposed to do and most of the time the game just doesnt make sense to me...than the fact that there is 4 games of them and 3 of them practical the same except for other questions, no boss fights at all and except for 3 new objects, exact the same level design as in the first game...its sooooo fun  :pinkie:

Why are they so many of them?????? :( WHY??? In case someone asks, im a collector...so i kinda had to also collect the educational spinoffs of rayman...and to play them...i had to. Believe me, my life depended on that.

mine are a mix of console and portable games as well as laptop games. i have a psp a 3ds a mac and a xbox 360.

play Pokemon currently playing PonyMon a fan hack of fire red. i play minecraft i was trying to make mine little pony mod to work on it no dice sadly. 

I am playing Europa Universalis IV

I have started a new game as Poland and I have Lithuania in a Personal Union (easy), Riga vassalized, Teutonic Order vassalized and I have taken a lot of lands from Bohemia. So I am doing pretty good for a start. 

I never got the DLC for the game. I never actually beat it either. Like you I made choices purely based on how I would do them...and I ended up on the neutral route. it's the hardest of all of them so if you end up on it beware. It requires you to do ALL the sidequests in the game. This is why I haven't beaten it because some of the higher-end sidequests are monstrous even with my main character as powerful as he is along with some very powerful demons like Asmodeus.

I mostly winged it with demons but I always chose ones that would give me a decent boost without losing my heavy hitters.

Nocturne's a bit of an exception as far as magic vs phys goes. In most of the games magic is superior and skills like Pierce aren't exclusive to the main character (nor are they as overpowered). Hitoshura gets the best physical skills in the game. In every other game I've found magic destroys things, and the main character is usually a good backup healer as well. Sometimes a good main healer too.

If you really like your choices affecting the story the best one for that is Devil Survivor. It's much more story-centric, being an SRPG, and there are like six to eight different endings to get based on your choices and characters you recruit/save/kill/etc.

Well, after some more time playing the game I finally made it to the Alignment Lock in the Monochrome Forest. Funnily enough I got Neutral, but to be honest I did start gearing a lot of my choices to balance out the Chaos/Law points (I chose to side with Johnathan). The choices I made were still made as if I were in that situation though, but I think the only thing that made a huge difference was when the White asked me if I would Preserve or Destroy. I should have chosen Preservation, but I chose Destruction instead because I wanted to see what would happen. I would have just shut off the game to choose Preservation, but once I saw that I was on the Neutral route I just went with it since it's the only ending I've never gotten (White Ending excluded, I seriously hate that ending and have concluded its the "path" Navarre is supposed to stand for).

You said Neutral route is difficult huh? Can you elaborate more? I know you said I have to do EVERY sidequest, but how many of those are there, and are they actually significant? Because if I find out I'm supposed to do every delivery quest and find every random quest given to you by demons, I think I'll go ahead and find somehow to screw the rules to destroy the Yamato Reactor afterall -_-...

I think I'll be fine as far as difficulty goes. I'm not too far away from having all my stats at 100 (after which I'll invest all other points into Magic), and my skills and demons' skills all have the potential to heavily exploit a weakness since we all have the 4 elemental attacks. Boss fights have been easy as all hell because of that, even Kenji went down without much effort and I distinctly remember him being one of those bosses that gave me trouble the first time around. I've double checked the difficulty several times to make sure I wasn't playing on Fellow (Easy) mode, but it's been on Prentice since the beginning.

I should be ready to face the DLC bosses, but fusing them is a different story. I'm Level 61 right now, but I remember most of them being around Level 90 and above at their base levels.

I've looked into Devil Survivor, and it seems alright. I don't know which specific game to get though, so which do you recommend?

Well, after some more time playing the game I finally made it to the Alignment Lock in the Monochrome Forest. Funnily enough I got Neutral, but to be honest I did start gearing a lot of my choices to balance out the Chaos/Law points (I chose to side with Johnathan). The choices I made were still made as if I were in that situation though, but I think the only thing that made a huge difference was when the White asked me if I would Preserve or Destroy. I should have chosen Preservation, but I chose Destruction instead because I wanted to see what would happen. I would have just shut off the game to choose Preservation, but once I saw that I was on the Neutral route I just went with it since it's the only ending I've never gotten (White Ending excluded, I seriously hate that ending and have concluded its the "path" Navarre is supposed to stand for).

You said Neutral route is difficult huh? Can you elaborate more? I know you said I have to do EVERY sidequest, but how many of those are there, and are they actually significant? Because if I find out I'm supposed to do every delivery quest and find every random quest given to you by demons, I think I'll go ahead and find somehow to screw the rules to destroy the Yamato Reactor afterall -_-...

I think I'll be fine as far as difficulty goes. I'm not too far away from having all my stats at 100 (after which I'll invest all other points into Magic), and my skills and demons' skills all have the potential to heavily exploit a weakness since we all have the 4 elemental attacks. Boss fights have been easy as all hell because of that, even Kenji went down without much effort and I distinctly remember him being one of those bosses that gave me trouble the first time around. I've double checked the difficulty several times to make sure I wasn't playing on Fellow (Easy) mode, but it's been on Prentice since the beginning.

I should be ready to face the DLC bosses, but fusing them is a different story. I'm Level 61 right now, but I remember most of them being around Level 90 and above at their base levels.

I've looked into Devil Survivor, and it seems alright. I don't know which specific game to get though, so which do you recommend?

I chose to side with Walter, if I recall.

If you've played that far then you went through Blasted and Infernal Tokyo, yeah? What'd you think of those parts of the game? I loved them.

On the neutral route's difficulty: As far as I know you have to do literally every quest in the game, or at least the ones you get on the board so maybe not the ones you get from random demons, because you're trying to gather all of the Hunters under your own flag. To do that you have to prove you are the best. To hit the highest Hunter rank you have to do all of the sidequests. If nothing else you should look through a FAQ to see which ones you still have to get.

On top of that I've heard you have to fight both of the other routes' final bosses. Though by the time you've completed all the sidequests those are probably cake.

The mission I got stuck on was a fight with the demon Beelzebub. He has so much fucking power it's ridiculous. I'm like level 70 and I don't stand a chance. I've put almost everything into my Str stat too. >_<

As far as Devil Survivor goes, I've only ever played the original version of the first one. If you had to get any version it's better to go with the Overclocked version. Better in every way. I'll probably be getting it myself just to have the superior version. I still wanna get the second game.

In case you need a nudge, here's the regular battle theme for the game:

I chose to side with Walter, if I recall.

If you've played that far then you went through Blasted and Infernal Tokyo, yeah? What'd you think of those parts of the game? I loved them.

On the neutral route's difficulty: As far as I know you have to do literally every quest in the game, or at least the ones you get on the board so maybe not the ones you get from random demons, because you're trying to gather all of the Hunters under your own flag. To do that you have to prove you are the best. To hit the highest Hunter rank you have to do all of the sidequests. If nothing else you should look through a FAQ to see which ones you still have to get.

On top of that I've heard you have to fight both of the other routes' final bosses. Though by the time you've completed all the sidequests those are probably cake.

The mission I got stuck on was a fight with the demon Beelzebub. He has so much fucking power it's ridiculous. I'm like level 70 and I don't stand a chance. I've put almost everything into my Str stat too. >_<

As far as Devil Survivor goes, I've only ever played the original version of the first one. If you had to get any version it's better to go with the Overclocked version. Better in every way. I'll probably be getting it myself just to have the superior version. I still wanna get the second game.

In case you need a nudge, here's the regular battle theme for the game:

I sided with Walter the first time I played the game, and ended up in the Chaos Route as well. I remember siding with Walter because I was shocked at Law's whole "lol let's kill everyone who doesn't agree with us", but in the end Chaos pretty much follows the same ideal. If we're weighing the pros and cons of Chaos and Law, I'd say Law is superior because it provides actual stability, peace, and equality.

Yeah, I've gone through the Alternate Tokyos already. I really enjoyed them as well, and their overworld tracks are one of my most favorite tracks of any game.They fit perfectly with their environment and make you feel the emotions of the people you're working with. The Blasted Tokyo theme feels barren and hopeless, oppressed by the hardships of the demons, desert, and poison. The Infernal Tokyo theme surprised me because it wasn't the chaotic melody I was expecting, it was melancholy and slow. It gave you a feeling of sadness and frustration, the same things Akira and his guys felt because of their overall weakness and inability to gain respect from any of the other demonoid groups. This theme is my favorite out of all the overworld themes, and I listen to it frequently.

I know you've got to fight the Chaos and Law bosses, and like you said, they shouldn't be too difficult by the time I'm done with all the Hunter Quests. Do you know if I get access to the Law and Chaos specific demons though? For example, if you go Chaos, you get to fuse Vile Demiurge, and if you go Law, you get to fuse Herald Seraph.

Beelzebub is a difficult boss to be sure. I'm pretty sure the reason you never got past him was because he's resistant against Physical. Obviously that'll give your guy some trouble. I fought and beat him once before, but I don't remember the details of the fight. Does he still have Death Flies? Death Flies was just completely fricking broken and unfair in Nocturne ;-;...

• Brohoof 1

Having not played the games I have no idea who that even is but I don't think being too old is enough of a reason consider the Devil May Cry, God of War or Silent Hill collections.

Handsome Jack is the villain in the second game and the Pre-Sequel takes place between One and Two. Handsome Jack is by far the best villain in video game history.

I sided with Walter the first time I played the game, and ended up in the Chaos Route as well. I remember siding with Walter because I was shocked at Law's whole "lol let's kill everyone who doesn't agree with us", but in the end Chaos pretty much follows the same ideal. If we're weighing the pros and cons of Chaos and Law, I'd say Law is superior because it provides actual stability, peace, and equality.

Yeah, I've gone through the Alternate Tokyos already. I really enjoyed them as well, and their overworld tracks are one of my most favorite tracks of any game.They fit perfectly with their environment and make you feel the emotions of the people you're working with. The Blasted Tokyo theme feels barren and hopeless, oppressed by the hardships of the demons, desert, and poison. The Infernal Tokyo theme surprised me because it wasn't the chaotic melody I was expecting, it was melancholy and slow. It gave you a feeling of sadness and frustration, the same things Akira and his guys felt because of their overall weakness and inability to gain respect from any of the other demonoid groups. This theme is my favorite out of all the overworld themes, and I listen to it frequently.

I know you've got to fight the Chaos and Law bosses, and like you said, they shouldn't be too difficult by the time I'm done with all the Hunter Quests. Do you know if I get access to the Law and Chaos specific demons though? For example, if you go Chaos, you get to fuse Vile Demiurge, and if you go Law, you get to fuse Herald Seraph.

Beelzebub is a difficult boss to be sure. I'm pretty sure the reason you never got past him was because he's resistant against Physical. Obviously that'll give your guy some trouble. I fought and beat him once before, but I don't remember the details of the fight. Does he still have Death Flies? Death Flies was just completely fricking broken and unfair in Nocturne ;-;...

The overworld themes were definitely great. I loved the sheer differences in ideology between the people of the Infernal and Blasted Tokyos. In one, everyone fights to survive. In the other, people are a product. I just couldn't get over the duality.

I'm honestly not sure if you have access to alignment-specific demons. I haven't touched the game in like six months. Nor can I remember everything Beelzebub had going for him. I can tell you that Flynn is my only heavy phys character. I typically bring high magic demons with me to make up for the lack of magic on Flynn himself. I believe I may have Pierce on him as well but I can't say for sure. I also have high-powered Gun attacks as a backup. My Dx stat is high enough to yield powerful results.

The problem I remember having is that even my tank-y magic users didn't stand a chance to him though I may be a tier or two lower on the demon fusion than I should be for the endgame as well.

I'll get back to it someday. I don't wanna leave it alone so long I end up restarting.

Still playing EU IV and I have progressed a lot. I have annexed Lithuania and formed the Commonwealth. I have annexed most of Russian Europe, annexed the Baltics, pretty much annexed Eastern Germany :). I am a big blob on the map. I also have the same dynasty as Austria who is also a big blob, so I am going to try and declare war for a personal union >:3. 

Halo Reach with my boyfriend in co-op mode

I started playing coop of that game with a friend but apparently he's never had the game run smoothly online and when he played with me (with my royally bad connection) he had nearly a second of input lag that made the game impossible to play. Especially since we were gonna do a Legendary playthrough like we did in Halo 3.

I was slightly disappointed it didn't work out.