mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

Well, I recently finished the original Legend of Zelda, and have been playing WWE 12 a lot which is kind of getting monotonous since it's just boiling down to my custom characters trading belts whenever I want one to beat another... I should really start digging into my backlog too, I think Zelda Link's Awakening would do nicely for that since I restarted it and played for like 1 minute the other day... :P

I've been taking a little break from Black Ops 2 and going back to Call of Duty 4, and I still can't believe how much better CoD4 is in my opinion.  Its simplicity is beautiful, having only 3 killstreaks is genius because it results in faster paced gameplay and less camping, it feels the most balanced, I love all the maps, and it has my favorite game mode of all time, which is Old School Free for All.  That game mode gives you double health, you jump twice as high, and you have to pick up different weapons and perks off of the ground.  Also, almost every kill results in a corpse launch, which leaves me laughing almost every time.

• Brohoof 1

At the moment I'm playing The Last of Us. It's a pretty popular title nowadays and I borrowed it from a friend of mine to see what all the fuss was about. It's pretty good so far.

FEZ on Steam, Project M to dust off the Wii, MAHVEL BABYIEEE, X-Com: enemy unknown and Jet set Radio. YEAH those 50 bucks for the play station plus are paying themselves.

Well, currently, I'm playing GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony. I absolutely love Tony as a character, so I'm enjoying this game quite a lot. 

At this very moment in time, I'm currently playing Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness for the Nintendo Gamecube. In my opinion, it's a great sequel to Pokemon Colosseum.

Well, I literally just wrapped up with Shin Megami Tensei 4, an awesome game by the way, and I'm still trying to decide what to play next though nothing sounds appealing currently.

(edited)

Currently, I am playing:

Warframe - This is the game I am currently min/maxing on and having fun with. I'm not a hardcore player, but it's a game I play a LOT and enjoy a LOT.

Castle Crashers - Just got this for my birthday and for my friends as well with the birthday money my brother gave me. I'm enjoying it a lot! My brother used to play it on the Xbox and I loved watching him play it.

Cube World - I actually don't have it. I plan to get it, and I plan to enjoy it! Looks VERY fun!

Dark Souls - Done a long time ago. Attempting a PvP build. Waiting for Dark Souls 2. 

FLT: Faster Than Light - Cheap costing game I got. It's really fun! It's THE game I will play occasionally for a match or two. 

Edited by Suskel

Playing some older games at the moment:

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Mega Man X

Super Mario Sunshine

Resident Evil 4

Rayman 2 (N64)

Also played a bit of Dishonored since I got it off the steam sale.

Mainly just playing a bunch of classics, and finishing games I loved playing but never actually beat. I finally finished OoT for the first time last week, and that felt absolutely fantastic. Most satisfying end to a game I've had in a while, considering it's been about a decade between when I first got it and now. 

To be played at some later date after I finish these:

Metroid Prime 2

Super Metroid

Okami

Sonic Generations

Mega Man 2

Dark Souls

Chrono Trigger

It's a lot of games, but I have a lot of free time over the next month or so. My job for the summer is over and I finished classes last week. Classes and my next job don't start until later in August - so I've got a few weeks to just kick back and burn through some great games. 

(edited)

PAYDAY: The Heist on PC. I didn't expect much from it but It's actually really, really fun. Especially in coop. Looking forward to the sequel coming out in August.

Edited by Spontaneous Me

I'm about to go back to playing Disgaea 4; I got that games years ago and I still haven't done everything there is to do in that game yet. I've got to finish it before Disgaea D2 releases in NA. Oh, and Phantom Brave, I've been meaning to finish that game for years now (every time I come back home for the summer).

I am currently in the middle of playing KIngdom hearts 365 days/2... I am stuck in beast castle fighting the tank 

also playing: 

animal crossing new leaf... 

AND dream drop distance... but I stopped playing for awhile cause I am very lost @_@

(edited)

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Which.  Excellent graphics and music, world, tone, and battle system.  It might be the best game I've played in a couple years, although it really needs a Hard Mode.

Etrian Odyssey IV.  I love the EO games so much.  This game upgrades the presentation, accessibility, and complexity.  I like the levels and the people that you meet.  The classes might be a bit of a step down from III, but it's still a great game.

Pokémon Black 2.  Not sure yet if I prefer it to Soulsilver, but it's really good.  I didn't play the original Black/White, so this feels very fresh and fun.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.  Awesome graphics and controls.  It's a lot of fun.

Infamous.  I love the controls and platforming in this game to death.

Edited by Dr. Eggnog

State of Decay: It can be incredibly tedious (it redefines fetch quests) but it is still quite fun and a great new take on zombie games. I cannot believe it took this long though for something like that.

Animal Crossing New Leaf: What is not to love here? It is Animal Crossing! The graphics are also a nice step up, it looks great for the series! It is a nice and relaxing experience.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D: This game doesn't need an explanation. Sadly, I have never beaten a Zelda game, this one included and I have owned it 4 different times! This will change with this version.

Battlefield 3: I am getting tired of military shooters for the most part but I got it for $20 and it is pretty good. EA's greed shows in full force with this game though....

And some others here and there, like Minecraft 360 edition.

(edited)

Ys II at the moment, I have had Ys I & II for awhile but never played them. Steam Summer Sale had Oath in Felghana and Origin on sale so picked those up and started playing, loving every bit I've experienced so far. 

Mirror's Edge is currently on hold 

Cube World is very addicting

Edited by Rainbows R Metal