• Mac OS 9 (or older)
    • Linux
    • Other
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 10
  2. 2. Kind of computer?

• An unstoppable monster
    • Just your average, modern machine - decently fast, but nothing special
    • A slow hunk of plastic that hardly deserves to be called a computer anymore

I use Windows 8.1 for my Laptop. I never understood why people have so much trouble with it.

Windows 7.  No reason to "upgrade" and that is what came with the computer.  It is hard to believe how little computers have advanced in the past few years.  I mean this is an i950 from back around when they came out... one of the ones that takes memory in banks of 3. 

In the past a computer that old would be painful slow and unable to run current software. 

As it stands, I may actually have to get the watercooling serviced -- it is that old. 

The only thing it doesnt have is sata 3, which makes an SSD less desirable than it would be.

The computers at my school all run Windows 7. My desktop runs Windows 7 64-bit Premium (or some such title) and my laptop runs Windows 8.1. And my tablet runs some version of Android, not sure which.

To be honest I don't really have a problem with Win 8.1, my problem is with the laptop using it. There's some stupid function that when you swipe from the right-most side of the mouse-pad inwards, a little menu pops up at the side. Which is really annoying when I'm running something in full-screen mode, because it keeps taking me back to the desktop. And whatever idiot who designed this laptop placed the mouse-pad slightly to the left hand side, meaning that I, being a right-handed person, am constantly accidentally pulling this menu up. But other than that MASSIVE DESIGN FLAW, no complaints.

I have an XP desktop from '02 that surprisingly works OK for internet (no HD YouTube though.) I've been scared to use it online since XP is done.  :) I plan to keep that for older games and stuff and don't want it to get screwed up. I re-installed windows and updated it right before support ended.

My laptop (main computer) from 2010 is Windows 7.

I just built a computer a couple of months ago that is 8.1, but I haven't had time to really do anything with it yet. The start menu crap annoyed me at first but if you RIGHT click the start button a half-assed start menu appears. I still think I'm going to download the classic shell app though for a normal start menu.

Edited by steve88