• Mac OS 9 (or older)
    • Linux
    • Other
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 10
  2. 2. Kind of computer?

• An unstoppable monster
    • Just your average, modern machine - decently fast, but nothing special
    • A slow hunk of plastic that hardly deserves to be called a computer anymore

At this very moment,i'm using Windows 7 Home Edition x64

Edited by Princess Lightwing

Currently my Desktop is running Arch Linux with kernel release 3.17.6-1-ARCH on the x86_64 architecture,

I am using the Gnome Shell Desktop Environment version 3.14.3,

My Netbook is running Ubuntu 12.04 32-Bit,

My HTC One M8 is running Android 4.4.4.

• Brohoof 2

Phone = Android

Computer = Windows 7

I wouldn't have any other phone or OS than what I have now.  I treat them right and they in turn treat me right.  I guess it also helps having my air conditioning feed cold air to my computer like a redneck computer cooling system.

• Brohoof 1

I never understood why people have so much trouble with it.

Mostly because they feel the tablet-like UI is inappropriate for non-tablet devices.

Tablet UIs have to cope with limitations like a lack of a real keyboard, a small screen, and a low accuracy pointing device which has no right-click, middle-click, etc, and cannot hover over an area of the screen without clicking. Desktop computers typically don't have these limitations. Using a UI which doesn't take good advantage of all the features of your hardware can be frustrating.

(Like on old Macs, if you plugged in a three button mouse, in most programs you'd find that the right and middle buttons dimply didn't do anything. The standard Mac mouse only had one button, and most programs were written with that limitation in mind.)

Edited by Vital Spark

I have an old MacBook, but it's not updated. I'm not yet sure I want to get Yosemite at the moment. That's why (I think) it's only Mavericks right now. It belonged to my mom, but she got a new mac laptop, and I got this one. X3 Also, I have an iPhone and iPad as well... so you can assume what THOSE are running on already. :P

Edited by PelleK Fangirl <3

Usually Mac OS X 10.4, sometimes 10.5, and every so often 10.6. (Main laptop, desktop and secondary laptop in that order.) Very rarely, Windows 7 joins the mix for some casual gaming.

Now that webOS is getting the final nail in the coffin, I've finally migrated over to Android on the mobile front, 4.1.2 if I'm not mistaken.

Windows 10 Tech Preview.... pretty awesome stuff, and I am sure it will take off.

If all the things I needed to run were compatible with linux...Fedora or Ubuntu.

Edited by Krenton the Musician
  • Brohoof 1

Windows XP FTW!

(Enabled the Registry Hack, so I'm covered until 2019)

Am curious how this works?  How does one enable the Registry Hack to cover Windows XP to 2019?  Can you provide a step by step guide?