Your favourite quotes.

(edited)

"The miracle never happen" -Phoenix Wright

"I'm not a psychopath i'm a high functioning sociopath" -Sherlock

"Always take a banana to a party" -The Doctor

"Of all the souls I've encountered in my travels, his was the most...human." -Kirk (I know by memory)

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name...Enterprise." -Picard

"Odo: Unauthorized access to crew quarters is a crime, Quark. You could have just asked to use the replicators. 
Quark: There's an old Ferengi saying: "Never ask when you can take". Uh... how d'you figure it out? 
Odo: You claimed Rom fixed your replicators? 
Quark: So? 
Odo: Rom's an idiot. He couldn't fix a straw if it was bent. 
Quark: You're right, Rom is an idiot. Remind me to get rid of him tomorrow. "

“Do you know the old Klingon proverb that revenge is a dish best served cold? It is very cold — in space.” -Khan

"If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything." -Hercule Poirot

"Scully: [Approaches Mulder in the woods as Michele Fazekas walks away] Mulder? We've got this conference. They're waiting.

Mulder: Yeah. How do I say this without using any negative words, Scully?

Scully: You want me to tell them that you're not gonna make it to this year's teamwork seminar.

Mulder: See? [Puts his hands on her arms and grins.] We don't need that conference! We have communication like that unspoken! You know what I'm thinking!

Scully: [smiles and shakes her head]"

"(a decaying body just fell out of the ceiling) You think the fall killed him?" -Mulder

"What is this? a center for ants!" -Zoolander

"No other race in the universe goes camping. Celebrate your uniqueness!" - Jack

"Gwen: Excuse me, have you seen a blowfish driving a sports car? [Old Woman points in the direction in which Torchwood are heading] Thank you. [driving away]

Old Woman: Bloody Torchwood"

"There's one thing I always wanted to ask Jack. Back in the old days. I wanted to know about that Doctor of his. The man who appears out of nowhere and saves the world; except sometimes he doesn't. All those times in history where there was no sign of him … I wanted to know why not. But I don't need to ask anymore. I know the answer now: Sometimes the Doctor must look at this planet and turn away in shame. I'm recording this in case anyone ever finds it, so you can see. You can see how the world ended." -Gwen

"O'Brien: A runabout? What was he dong in a runabout at four in the morning?

Odo: Apparently, he was getting murdered."

I'm done.

Edited by -Stargazer-
  • Brohoof 1

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all [others] doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all [people] count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

--Rudyard Kipling

post-11927-0-32690100-1373725649.gif

"one day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me I am not mistaken in mine."

Doctor Who (1963) The First Doctor.

• Brohoof 2

"Of all the souls I've encountered in my travels, his was the most...human." -Kirk (I know by memory)
Lemme point out the irony of that line, because he was talking about Spock who takes offense (or at least pretends to take offense) at being called that.

Kirk: Mr. Spock. I suspect you're becoming more and more human all the time.

Spock: [after pausing in light shock] Captain, I see no reason to stand here and be insulted.

-The Devil in the Dark (episode with the Horta)

Kirk: Very good, Spock. We may make a Human of you yet.

Spock: I hope not.

-Patterns of Force (the "nazi" contamination episode)

Kirk: Spock, you want to know something? Everybody's human.

Spock: I find that remark... insulting.

-6th movie

• Brohoof 1

Without money, we'd all be rich. - Anonymous

You'll never be too old to dream. - Anonymous

You'll never be able to sail if you're too afraid to lose sight of the shore.

So inspiring. T_T

• Brohoof 1

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety," Ben Franklin.

I love this quote. This describes the United States perfectly right now.

Anyways, my favorite quote is "“We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let’s not disappear like a firework, and continue to shine forever.”-Histugaya Toshiro from Bleach.

"Only the foolish learn from experience, the wise learn from the experience of others."

"Liberty, too, must be limited in order to be possessed."

- Edmund Burke

"All it takes for evil to succeed is for a few good men to sit by and do nothing"

"I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world."

- Eugene V. Debs

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him."

- Eugene V. Debs

"The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity."

- George Bernard Shaw

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."

- C.S. Lewis

"To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them."

- Montesquieu

“I believe that every human mind feels pleasure in doing good to another.”

- Thomas Jefferson

"Science may have found a cure for most evils but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all: the apathy of human beings"

- Helen Keller

"The first man who, after enclosing a plot of land, saw fit to say: "This is mine," and found people who were simple enough to believe him, was the true founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, sufferings and horrors mankind would have been spared if someone had torn up the stakes or filled up the moat and cried to his fellows: "Don’t listen to this impostor; you are lost if you forget that the earth belongs to no one, and that its fruits are for all!""

- Jean-Jacques Rousseau

"What motivates people to run a marathon? What motivates people to paint their house? What motivates people to write a novel, make their friends a cup of tea, garden, tidy their room, put out the trash? Not every incentive to labour has to be monetary and it's a lot more fulfilling if money has nothing to do with it."

"I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks."

- Eugene V. Debs

"Friendship is a wondrous and powerful thing. Even the worst of enemies can become friends. You need understanding and compromise. You've got to share. You've got to care."

- Twilight Sparkle

"Far better that I have a student who understands the meaning of self-sacrifice, than one who only looks out for her own best interests."

- Princess Celestia

"While friendship is about giving of ourselves to friends, it's also about accepting what our friends have to offer." 

- Twilight Sparkle

"I liked it better my way, but I guess when you're friends, you can't always have things exactly your way all the time."

- Discord

"Go ahead, bunny. Do your worst. I deserve it. [...] I wasn't really thinking about you at all. Any of you. Just wanted the jewels. I hope you'll all forgive me someday."

- Spike

"The Wonderbolts are looking for the best flyers in Equestria, but you were right. Being the best should never come at the expense of our fellow ponies. It's not just about pushing ourselves. It's about pushing ourselves in the right direction."

- Spitfire

post-7348-0-19525200-1373742446_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

"Everything has it's time, and everything dies." ~Doctor Who

I always LOVED this quote because it has such a meaning to me. I think it really captures the whole "Doctor Who" concept, honestly. 

"When all the truth does is make your heart ache, sometimes a lie is easier to take."

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”

"True equality is impossible."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." -Mark Twain

The man's brilliant. Though this is really hard to actually do...

• Brohoof 1

"A patriot is not the man who talks about his love for his country, but the one who's ready to give his life for it. In the name of my country, I am prepared to sacrifice everything. Grow, and learn to love your country not only in word but in deed" Gryazev Sasha, WWII Russian Soldier

(edited)

"The whole system that we live in drills into us that we're powerless, that we're weak,
that our society is evil that it's fragmented, et cetera and so forth.
It's all a big, fat lie.
We are powerful, beautiful and extraordinary.
There's no reason why we cannot understand who we truly are and where we're going.
There's no reason why the average individual cannot be fully emporwered.
We are incredibly powerful beings."

-Webster Tarpley.

"Now, in our culture, we've been trained for individual differences to stand out, so you look at each person and immediately it is:
brighter, dumber, older, younger, richer, poorer... and we make all these dimensional distinctions, put them into categories, and
treat them that way"       

-Ram Dass

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

-George Carlin

"Stupidity isn't punishable by death. If it was, there would be one hell of a population drop."

-Laurell K. Hamilton

Edited by Sickman
  • Brohoof 1

I love this quote. This describes the United States perfectly right now.

Only the United States? You disappoint me, dear sir.

Anyway, my mom recently got me Animal Farm, and I just finished reading it. Quite a few great parts and lines in there.

I'll begin with the Seven Commandments, with the "updates" brought by pigs between (parentheses).

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.

Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.

No animal shall wear clothes.

No animal shall sleep in a bed (with sheets).

No animal shall drink alcohol (to excess).

No animal shall kill any other animal (without cause).

All animals are equal (but some animals are more equal than others).

"Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. [...] Our labour tills the soil, our dung fertilizes it, and yet there is not one of us that owns more than his bare skin."

-Major

"War is war. The only good human being is a dead one."

-Snowball

"Comrades! You do not imagine, I hope, that we pigs are doing this in a spirit of selfishness and privilege? Many of us actually dislike milk and apples. [...] The whole management and organization of this farm depend on us. Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for your sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples."

"And very comfortable beds they are, too! But no more comfortable than we need, I can tell you, comrades, with all the brainwork we have to do nowadays."

"Bravery is not enough. Loyalty and obedience are more important. And as to the Battle of the Cowshed, I believe the time will come when we shall find that Snowball's part in it was much exaggerated. Discipline, comrades, iron discipline! That is the watchword for today."

"Are you certain that this is not something that you have dreamed, comrades? Have you any record of such a resolution? Is it written down anywhere?"

"In 'Beasts of England' we expressed our longing for a better society in days to come. But that society has now been established. Clearly this song no longer has any purpose."

-Squealer's speeches

"I will work harder."

"Napoleon is always right." "If Napoleon says it, it must be right."

-Boxer

"If you have your lower animals to contend with, we have our lower classes!"

-Mr Pilkington

• Brohoof 1

This is definately also one of my favorites.

"If you aren't familiar with Polyjuice Potion, It tastes like goblin piss."

~Mad-Eye-Moody, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

Only the United States? You disappoint me, dear sir.

I don't recall saying only the United States was like that quote, but okie dokie lokie! :) 

I didn't mean only the US was like that. I pretty much just wrote the message without thinking. I was just saying that it applies to my country. The fact that I neglected to say it applied to other countries doesn't mean I don't know that it does. Since I said it applies to the US and not "The whole world" I have seemingly made a mistake. Oh well. Everyone makes mistakes. It's nothing to fret about. 

Back on topic, your quotes are from the amazing book Animal Farm, so that's pretty cool. You just earned yourself a brohoof from those nice quotes, good sir!  :lol:

When I read your post I thought of this, lol. 

fgr-meme-generator-so-much-disappoint-44

• Brohoof 1

I don't recall saying only the United States was like that quote, but okie dokie lokie! :) 

I didn't mean only the US was like that. I pretty much just wrote the message without thinking. I was just saying that it applies to my country. The fact that I neglected to say it applied to other countries doesn't mean I don't know that it does. Since I said it applies to the US and not "The whole world" I have seemingly made a mistake. Oh well. Everyone makes mistakes. It's nothing to fret about.

Oh I know, I was saying that jokingly. Besides, the whole world isn't like that, fortunately, with folks who aren't afraid to put up a fight to stay free.

Thanks for the brohoof too btw, Animal Farm is most definitely a good guide to understanding modern governments. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Arthur "...what about the book there must be something in the Book... there dosn't see to be an entry!"

Ford "..Yes there is there..."

Arthur "ah yes.  Whats it say... Harmless Just one word Harmless!!"

Ford "I sent a new entry in to the editor, they had to trim it down a bit but its still better."

Arthur "whats is say now?"

Ford "Mosly Harmless."

~HGTTG

Arthur:  "It's at times like this when I'm stuck in a Vogon Airlock with a Man from Beatlejuice, about to die of aphixiation in deep space that I really wish I listened to what my Mother told me when I was young."

Ford:  "Why what did she tell you?"

Arthur: "I don't know, I didn't Listen!"

"Don't Panic!"

Hitchhikers Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, One of my all time favorite books. 

"You can always depend on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else." - Exact origins unknown, possibly adapted from a quote by Abba Eban.

"You are not prepared" Illidan Stormrage. The way he says it... Brilliant. It's on youtube.

"EXTERMINATE" Dalek, various.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Terry Pratchett I think, can't remember which book.

• Brohoof 2

“We see that substance addictions are only one specific form of blind attachment to harmful ways of being, yet we condemn the addict's stubborn refusal to give up something deleterious to his life or to the life of others. Why do we despise, ostracize and punish the drug addict, when as a social collective, we share the same blindness and engage in the same rationalizations?”
― Gabor Maté, In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction

• Brohoof 1

“We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” -C.S. Lewis

If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you. But ask in faith, never doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. (James 1:5-6)

"Chozo script translated.
Our sanctuary grows by the day. We Chozo know much of technology, but we have chosen to leave it behind on this journey. Our home here on Tallon IV will be a place of simplicity: structures hewn from the stone, bridges woven with branches, hallways caressed by pure waters. We build around the ancient and noble trees, drawing from their strength and giving them our own in return. All that is wild will flow around us here: our race will be just one more group of creatures in the knit of nature. It is our hope that such a state will bring with it greater wisdom, a greater understanding of the nature of the universe. Once our city here is complete, we will peer inward and discover the truth."

(Chozo Lore from the game Metroid Prime)

Oh the chills I get from reading this.

(edited)

A couple NCIS quotes:

"To assume is to make an enemy out of exactitude." -Ducky

"No death is acceptable when it's unnecessary." -Gibbs

And now, wisdom from some Spore artifacts (those I have actually found):

"We would like to think we have learned from all our mistakes. And what we have learned is this: every sentient being matters." -Scroll of Order Vol.2

"Was it prophets and mystics who gave us electricity, antibiotics, modern signatation, aerospace science, and digital timepieces? No. It was those who proceded rationally, building on the work of others to create new wonders." -Book of Science Pt.5

"Actually, we assume that it was a big, scary thing. I mean, the head itself is huge, so one would assume that the rest of it was pretty big. Can you imagine if it had this great, huge head and a wee, tiny body? That would be hilarious! The other creatures would be all, like, 'Hey, Big-Head!' 'Why such a big head?' Oh, Man! Too funny! Anyway, it makes anthropologists feel better if they think they found something big and scary, so let's just go with that one." -description of The Fossilized Remains of a Big Scary Thing

"Congratulations! You found the imprint of an ancient fern-like plant embedded in a rock. This is that fossil that your grandmother finds on her strolls along the river bed with your Aunt Nancy. Yep, as far as fossils go, this is the equivalent of the ones that they hand out for free at the geology museums. Good job, sparky." -description for The Fossil that Everybody Finds

Edited by Feather Spiral