Your favourite quotes.

"Things can always be worse."

"The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success."

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving is not for you."

"It was on fire when I got there."

"It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail."

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 3

A awesome quote from Nietzsche: The snake that which can not cast its skin has to die. As well as the mind which are prevented from changing their opinions,they cease to mind. and an another one I like.:Battle not with monster's least ye become one,if you gaze into the abyss long enough,the abyss gaze back into you.    

"Why is there ceiling on the blood?" - Markiplier playing Exmortis

"That is the secret of the Slenderman. He will find you, in your darkest nightmares, he will kill you... dead... until you die... of death poisoning." - Markiplier playing Stop It Slender with Yamimash

"Which way is 'around'?" - Yamimash in the same video

"Yami, follow the sound of my voice! I'll make a- I'll make a bird call." - Markiplier still in same video

"Why do I need a door, I'm motherfucking Spiderman! Oh, it's because the outside world is- doesn't exist. Hello! Holy shit, we have a bigger issue, they've actually stolen the entire city! Either that, or it's incredibly foggy out." - Nerdcubed playing Spiderman 3

"I don't know how you could... be allergic to- Maybe you're allergic to helium. That's it, maybe you're allergic to- if your voice goes, like, above a certain pitch, you explode." - Nerdcubed in Three Free Games Friday 47 (musing on why you lose the game Bloons if there are balloons reaching the end)

Also practically half of all lines from the Stanley Parable narrator.

"What are you talking about? America is not going to be destroyed."

"Never? Rome was destroyed, Greece was destroyed, Persia was destroyed, Spain was destroyed.
All great countries are destroyed. Why not yours?How much longer do you really think your own country will last?Forever?"

-Catch 22

• Brohoof 1

The Question is not how you fall - it's how you land. (Hatet, fransk)

Hörredu, när du var liten trodde du på tomten, nu tror du på Gud. (Smultronstället)

"Vårt umgänge med andra människor består huvudsakligen i att vi diskuterar och värderar
 vår nästas karaktär och beteende. Detta har medfört att jag frivilligt avstått från praktiskt taget all så kallad samvaro" (Smultronstället)

The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals.  
That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals.  It's just that they need more supervision.  ~Lynn Lavner

Google translated the middle ones... Below:

Hörredu, when you were small you believed in Santa Claus, now do you believe in God. (Wild Strawberries)

"Our relations with other people consists in we discuss and evaluate
  our neighbor's character and behavior. This has meant that I voluntarily waived virtually all so-called interaction '(Wild Strawberries)
  • Brohoof 3

"Who's this 'jerkoff'? Is someone stopping you from brushing your teeth?" -Shun after a long dialogue with heavy double-entendre in Morenatsu

"What happened to manliness?" -Baofu from Persona 2

"Hello, yes, this is dog." -dog

"I like a man with a big... vocabulary." -April in Ace Attorney

That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.

ceab5d5176db62710dfd3182f3e17a37-d48b9cl

This quote has been spirally approved.

• Brohoof 1

- Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame

- [One] must never give into dispair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.

Iroh

• Brohoof 2

Two quotes from NCIS:LA that I just transcribed in real time from the DVD:

"Never mistake motionlessness for inactivity, Mr Callen. Crocodiles get most of their meals that way." -Hetty

"Why don't they ever stop, it amazes me that they never stop!" -Deeks on pretty much every single suspect's reaction to "Federal agent; stop!"

"We'll be making our stand here. The engineer tells me there's no way we'll get the ship's engines online, and the atmospheric conditions are scrambling our distress beacon. If anyone reads this, know that we did our duty and fought well."

-- trooper log of deceased Private First-Class L. Brouda of the Galactic Federation (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)

Edited by SunBurn

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for double post but this... I found it on a postcard Friday, but couldn't post it because we had such a busy weekend.

French

"Tant qu'il y aura de l'argent, il n'y en aura jamais assez pour tout le monde."

translation

"As long as there's money, there'll never be enough for everyone."

More recently

"Just because one person isn't scared of nature doesn't mean they should be discriminated." The Dark Passanger

"I also think it's much less harmful than all the violence they don't censor. It really is a double standard that makes no sense." -Arylett commenting on the above-linked blog

"I get tired of explaining what Sharia Law ACTUALLY is, which is tribal law masquerading as Religious law" AnonyPony

"It's hard to not really belong in either group. Somehow both sides are constantly looking up excuses to cast you out, and you either have to pretend all the time, or get used to being on your own all the time, or even go back and forth between the two." -my reply

"As 3D graphics have become the norm, they seem to be used as a quick-fix for blandness. Sure, there can be nearly-photorealistic trees and such, but they lack that so-called soul." Roop

• Brohoof 3

A few of my personal favorites. 

"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity." 

-Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be."

-Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game 

“There are two rules for success: 1) Never tell everything you know.”
-Roger H. Lincoln 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"It is due to boundaries which we classify as inside and outside that we can create enemies. It is precisely because we put down borders that kingdoms are formed and warfare continues."

- Shin, Kingdom

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

Because I'm a narcissist and this made my mom literally LOL

I'd left a piece of bread to soak in sugary fruit juices to eat later, but she thought it was leftover and threw it to the bin.

Me: "Now I'm very angry at you... I'm gonna make dessert!"

• Brohoof 1

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

-Mahatma Gandhi

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."

-Bob Marley

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

"I'll be back."

-Terminator 

:lol:

• Brohoof 1

“People talk sometimes of a bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts; a beast can never be so cruel as a man, so artistically cruel. The tiger only tears and gnaws, that's all he can do. He would never think of nailing people by the ears, even if he were able to do it.” - from The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky

• Brohoof 1

"pfft, you think i'd be un-lazy enough to write the whole thing THIS early?" -Viscra about a recent assignment via Skype, last week I think

And since I recently started playing Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, I've come across quite interesting lines. Since I have poor memory (cuz it was SHATTERED OLOLOLOL) and omitted to take notes right away, I had to look up videos to ensure accuracy.

"You have to run, daddy. You can't fight them. Run!" -Cheryl's disturbing call right before the first nightmare

"It's like the whole town is being punished." -Harry's comment on the sudden blizzard showing up

"I think she'll be here until someone drives a stake through her cold, secretarial heart." -Michelle Valdez expressing her love for Mrs Albright

"We're always so wasted. [...] You think we'd like each other if we ever met sober?" -Dahlia muses while driving

"Don't worry, head wounds always bleed a lot; lots of blood vessels close to the surface." -Lisa (the nurse)

Here are some from the psychiatrist.

"When I was starting out, the popular theory said it was their mom and dad that screwed a person up. But if you really want to screw someone up, I say send them to high school."

"Nice! If that was all there was to it, it would've been a breeze, wouldn't it?" -comment on the timetable you made (same scene)

"Nasty, but inevitable. Everyone is going to die, even if we like to pretend otherwise." -after the sinking SUV sequence

"Get to my age, you'll have seen plenty of people die." -follow up

"When we all lived in huts and wore furs, we worried about the simple things: food, water, whether animals would come and eat us in the night... Now we have supermarkets, bottled water and .38caliber home security. So what keeps us awake at night? More often than not, guilt."

Police officer Cybil Bennett

"Look... go home. Your daughter will be there. In the morning, call the state police and sort out your vehicle. This is no time for running around town." (I've seen a more sympathetic side in my playthrough)

"No one sane out driving tonight." -explanation to the streets being desert

"Real life's a lot more boring than your stories." (again this did not occur in my first playthrough, and considering his experience I'd like to object)

Edited by Feather Spiral

Stand up for yourself even if nobody is on your side.

I am the King of Rome and above grammar.

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

Some random, some essential and some noteworthy.

"You will know my name as the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

Samuel L. Jackson, Pulp Fiction (1994)

"About that beer I owed ya"

Barney Calhoun, Half-Life 2 (2004)

"You wanna know... how I got these scars?"

The Joker, The Dark Knight (2008)

"Did you know that you donate one or more of your vital organs to the Aperture Science Self-Esteem fund for girls? It's true!"

GLaDOS, Portal (2007)

"Smile, ya son of a bitch!"

Chief Brody, Jaws (1976)

"I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her..... Marooned in the centre of a dead planet..... buried alive..... buried alive"

Khan, Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan (1982)