Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you dislike about Friendship is Magic?

sonic500

Since we had a topic about what our lest fav epasodes were, i thought it whould be intresting to talck about what he dont like about the show as a hole.

Now the things i dont like are just tiny nit picks ill admit, and they dont stop me from likeing the show but there is still things that anoy me:

1/ Too foucesd on teaching kids life lessons.

2/Badguys always get beating by deus ex machinas( Elamaments of harmaney or the power of love)

3/ Songs have a habit of just starting out of nowere.(Though to be fair, when Pinkie Pie does it i dont mind, it's kind of in charicter for her)

4/ 2-parter epasodes have a habit of haveing a weak frist epasdoe but stronger secound epasode.

Thats all i can think of for now.

I can't find anything wrong with Friendship is magic. I think it's as good as it gets.

But just so you know, it IS a kids show, so of couse it's going to try teaching the kids a thing or two. The bronies were something unforeseen. In my world, you can't really blame them for trying to teach the kids something, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by MKT_707Z
  • Brohoof 10

I kinda dislike how they are trying to fit the show with the bronies instead of keeping it as it is. I find it hard to believe that we would have ever gotten that fight scene in the last episode of season 2 if it weren't for bronies. While it might have been epic and all I just didn't feel it was right for the show :/

Man... This is almost as hard a question as "Why do you like MLP?"

I guess the only complaint I have about the show is how non-pony sentient characters are portrayed. Stuff like how all dragons (besides Spike) are shown as unruly, rude, ignorant of others, etcetera, or how cows are shown as easily manipulated, easily frightened, and generally inferior.

Which is strange, since I don't have a problem with "anypony" being an umbrella term for any character.

(edited)

I kinda dislike how they are trying to fit the show with the bronies instead of keeping it as it is. I find it hard to believe that we would have ever gotten that fight scene in the last episode of season 2 if it weren't for bronies. While it might have been epic and all I just didn't feel it was right for the show :/

yeah, I 100% agre whith you on that one.

This was a cartoon orignal made for kids, not us. We bronies should not be the maine forcuse of the show.

the show is here to entertaine kids, not us. Whe can still enjoy the show, but the show shouldent see us as the maine aduence.

Edited by sonic500
  • Brohoof 2

You know, in fact, it is a show for kids.

If you ask me, some episodes are too predictable, for example "It's about time" or "May the best pet win".

Edited by Spatsi
  • Brohoof 5

You know, in fact, it is a show for kids.

I know it's a show for kids, but teaching Life leassons to kids should be a job for the pearents, not T.V.

When i was young cartoons caerd more about etertaing kids...wel exept for Capten Planet...but we dont talck about that show.

I think they handle the lesson learning really really well in the show actually. It's a part of the actual story, not some kind of narrator or something talking out to the kids. I think the lesson learning could have been done A LOT worse than it is.

I must say I actually enjoy having the morals at the end of episodes too :)

I think they handle the lesson learning really really well in the show actually. It's a part of the actual story, not some kind of narrator or something talking out to the kids. I think the lesson learning could have been done A LOT worse than it is.

Ill admit i do like some of the lesson learning.....in fact sometimes they teach me something new....

Huh...may be i might have to rethink that one. i mean if it can teach an adult something new that has to be a good thing.

I shall now adress all of your nitpicks.

Really? from what I can tell this is actually one of the most subtle and well intigrated 'message' shows out there.

2/Badguys always get beating by deus ex machinas( Elamaments of harmaney or the power of love)

It's for kids.

3/ Songs have a habit of just starting out of nowere.(Though to be fair, when Pinkie Pie does it i dont mind, it's kind of in charicter for her)

I don't have to justify this one, you already did that yourself. still, in what musical do the songs not come out of nowhere?

4/ 2-parter epasodes have a habit of haveing a weak frist epasdoe but stronger secound epasode.

That would be because it's a two part story. the first part contains the setup, and the second part is the knockdown. when has this ever not been the case?

(PS. your spelling atrocious)

Edited by Page Turner
  • Brohoof 5

Eh, I don't really have a problem with the show, but there is one part that ticks me off a bit: the theme song. Yes, I know tons of people are gonna bash me for this, but that's my honest opinion. What's the reason why? It's because this is the girliest part of the show. Yeah, the show has princesses and rainbows in it, but I don't consider it girly for this show. But for some strange reason, I find the theme song the girliest.

• Brohoof 4

That fight scene was a tribute to the Powerpuff Girls, which was another show Lauren Faust had a hand in, in case anyone didn't know that. The fight ended with the same animation style that they used in every big Powerpuff Girls fight.

Fluttershy snapping the bear's neck would be a better example of "Just for the bronies." That being said, I don't mind it, as I grew up on cartoons that had things for kids, and things for the adults.

The biggest thing for me is a few continuity errors, such as Spike saying he was hatched from a purple and green egg, then when we see Spike hatched, it's a purple and darker purple egg. It's not much, and might seem a bit nit-picky, but the show is usually great about its animation and continuity.

Edited by Vy'drach

the show is usually great about its animation and continuity.

not really, continuity errors abounded in season 1, the better attention to continuity was one of the major improvements in season 2.

okay, I think I'll stop ragging on other posters and say what I don't like:

Minor Characters. The shows minor characters tend to be very one-note and annoying when compared with the mane six. I specifically take issue with Braeburn, Snips and Snails, The Flim Flam bros, and the Maehattanites.

"there is something wrong with you because I don't know what a rooster is."

Edited by Page Turner

I see nothing wrong with the show... love the Life Lessons, they are always interesting for some reason. I don't care how the ponies beat up the Bad Guys, it's cool in any other way, and anyways, the show IS for children. Who even cares about the music? The music is AWESOME! :wub: The music is probably one of my favorite parts, mainly because they're all really catchy and they're actually enjoyable to listen to! I actually like Two Part episodes because it makes the story longer, the longer the story, the more fun it is to watch :D As like I said, I don't see anything wrong with the show :)

(I've got one thing to say though.... you're twenty four years old... and your spelling is very bad) o-o I'm only thirteen :lol:

well i only have one problem with FiM

the way Rainbowdash is written, mainly in episodes centering her it bee the same thing 3 time in a row.

episode starts with Rainbowdash being cocky and arrogant, then its followed by her becoming more shallow, then its some half assed way for her to redeem hers but since she never discovers this on her own it becomes a cop out the the overall character, the only episode that kinda gets it right is read it and weep the but rest just sucked and mad me dislike the overall character.

the other think would be the beginning of the last round up but that was more genuine concern after looking at it with out the good old bronie/fan goggles to blind me, and then what followed after the change i.e. Bronie whining, crying foul play against the people who complained and making thing worse, and last but no least creating the whole concept that Derpy was mentally challenged and pulling the 'politically correct card' seriously Bronie were the only ones who made it worse.

• Brohoof 1

Umm...aside from what Vy'drach said, and for example the Fluttershy breaking teh bear's leg etc., I think that by Season 2, the animators had considered that it is a "For everyone" show, rather than "just girls and mothers" show. Think of PPG, except with ponies. At least that's my opinion. With Party of One, for example, I think they stopped with the "girls and mothers" only show, don't you think?

not really, continuity errors abounded in season 1, the better attention to continuity was one of the major improvements in season 2.

Dude, there's a youtube SERIES that has ALL of the continuity and animation errors. If anybody went and hit that and never saw any other show, they'd say MLP: FIM is the worst ever :lol: . But such is not the case, and plus, I'm thinking that it has less animation and continuity errors than others, I think.

the way Rainbowdash is written, mainly in episodes centering her it bee the same thing 3 time in a row. episode starts with Rainbowdash being cocky and arrogant, then its followed by her becoming more shallow, then its some half assed way for her to redeem hers but since she never discovers this on her own it becomes a cop out the the overall character, the only episode that kinda gets it right is read it and weep the but rest just sucked and mad me dislike the overall character.

To be honest, I'm surprised someone would hate RD because of lack of...subjects to treat in her episodes. This is the same reason why sometimes people hate Fluttershy. They think that because she only has to defeat fears, it's barely any development and variety at all. What some don't get, is that each fear is different in its own regard, and THAT'S what they should be looking for. Same thing with RD in my opinion, but again, this is MY thoughts, nor yours. You can think whatver you want.

I think its kind of on the levle of Loony Toons or someting like that, so its good for kids and adults alike. Loony Toons have plenty of comical violence and I think its close in that sence.

To be honest, I'm surprised someone would hate RD because of lack of...subjects to treat in her episodes. This is the same reason why sometimes people hate Fluttershy. They think that because she only has to defeat fears, it's barely any development and variety at all. What some don't get, is that each fear is different in its own regard, and THAT'S what they should be looking for. Same thing with RD in my opinion, but again, this is MY thoughts, nor yours. You can think whatver you want.

yeah but for Fluttershy it was done in different way

Dragonshy was her over coming fear to defend her friends (and even then her fear was still there)

Putting your hoof down was her becoming (more assertive and not being taken advantage of and she lernt that she doesn't need to be a bully for it

Hurricane Fluttershy was her concurring her self doubt and resentment.

with Rainbowdash it was very repetitive for season two, and almost seems like the writers didn't know what to do with her but spend 17 minutes building up her shallowness in order to have her redeem it in time for a lesson and even then it doesn't have a long impact and it doesn't fully redeem her, it just made her less

You know what I really dislike?

JAPPLEPACK.. PALLPEAJCK.. I MEAN APPLEJACK

Y U NO GIB APPULJECK MOAR LUV?

We can't let her become a background character. I'm putting my hoof down.

• Brohoof 1

to be truthful i think that they should have more speaking parts for more of the evveryday ponyville residents. They always have some eccentric character step in( Trixie, Flim, Flam, Gilda, Iron Will, Photo Finish) who have one episode involving them and then we never see them again. We should give more speaking parts to ponies who live in ponyville and that we could see anytime(Vinyl Scratch, Daisy, Lily, Derpy, Thunderlane and anyone else Hasbro can come up with).

Theres only one thing I dont like.It's the first 5 seconds of the theme song.I somehow find that the loudest part in every episode.It should be a little bit more electronic-based.

• Brohoof 3

Eh, I don't really have a problem with the show, but there is one part that ticks me off a bit: the theme song. Yes, I know tons of people are gonna bash me for this, but that's my honest opinion. What's the reason why? It's because this is the girliest part of the show. Yeah, the show has princesses and rainbows in it, but I don't consider it girly for this show. But for some strange reason, I find the theme song the girliest.

I must agree with this. While I don't really dislike the theme song, I think it could have been done a lot better. Just as you said, it's just so girly and also very corny :/

I must agree with this. While I don't really dislike the theme song, I think it could have been done a lot better. Just as you said, it's just so girly and also very corny :/

Yeah well...it wasn't originally intended for US to enjoy now was it? :lol: Besides, what else could they have done that didn't represent the show in itself that STILL has the "for mothers and little girls" motto? Edited by Arcanel