How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

My "Bronyhood" and clopping are no secrets whatsoever to anyone that knows me. My family knows, my friends know, the members of my two former bands know, and just about anyone whom I chat with on a daily basis knows.
However, when it comes to the romantic feelings that I harbor towards one very special somepony... well, that's an extremely closely-guarded secret of mine that I only talk about online, usually with other Bronies, or the members of the waifu/clop/tulpa community.
Only one person in my personal life knows about it, and I only told her, because I trusted her enough not to judge me, or to spread my secret to other people. She proved to be trustworthy.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 1

UTl7ftY.png

I have a Rainbow Dash cutie mark on my car, so whoever recognizes that will know I'm a brony (been seen a couple of times, but most people think I'm gay because of the rainbow (I'm not)).

I'm basically Fluttershy in real life, so I don't go out seeking attention and will talk to people if they ask.

• Brohoof 1

I myself am shamelessly open, my brother on the otherhand is quite secretive about it in public. I would proudly wear a pony shirt though. Ponies are a big part of my life now. (:

• Brohoof 1

I used to post and talk about it all the time,but I realized how annoying it was getting.

I don't really bring it up to people anymore,but I don't care if people know. I have like two shirts,but I hardly ever wear them.

But now that it's brought up,I think I'll wear one of them. lol

I bring it up on the bus all the time, but usually never bring it up at school. Granted, I'm one of those people that nopony ever questions. And my litterature class knows I'm one because I did an entire project on why you should become a brony, culminating in a Discord PMV that I showed to the class. 

I have told my best friend of 13 years and his wife.  They were alright with it.  Although they thought I was joking at first, but I just went with it and next thing I know, he said he would reconsider and give the show a shot.  After all, I'm a veteran, great at shooting, exercise, can drink like a champ, listen to metal, and all the rest of the super Alpha traits men are supposed to have.  Well, I'm sure it'll be rough for a week or so after I sport my new shirts in my university, but hey, I'm already a hermit.  After the military civilian interactions are kinda hard to deal with. (it hasn't been that long).  Anyway, I've protected their right to hate what I like, so it's whatever.  Lol.

• Brohoof 1

Guess what? A long time friend of mine now knows I am a Brony. He asked me about the Fluttershy plushie in my room and if I was into ponies. I explained in a brief, matter of fact way that I am. Furthermore, I told him how the current cartoon is very contemporary and geared for audiences of all ages. He will never be a Brony himself as he only likes the '60s and '70s cartoons he grew up with. But I don't mind him knowing that I'm a MLP fan as he's not the type who would hassle or tease me about it. :)

• Brohoof 1

Im kinda open about it. When my friend found out at my house, he tried to spam "MLP LOVER" in the minecraft chat while I strangled the keyboard. Even though that's totally true. XD

Edited by DaFlash

I would love to open about My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, but other than that I am very subtle, although I would use terms like 20% cooler, that's an academy record, of all the worse things that can happen, and I use holiday terms like Nightmare Night, Hearth's Warming day and Winter Wrap Up, so on and so forth, in the hopes of finding bronies, since bronies are the ones most likely to understand and identify those phrases, however I stay as subtle as possible, as to not incur the ire of someone that might be a hater, so far I have encountered only one brony who ironically was an open fan, incredible isn't it? 

• Brohoof 1

Not really like some of my family knows and haven't told anyelse about it. Though I do sedulity put references of mlp on my gamertag and conversations.

Edited by Blacklight01
  • Brohoof 1

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

-Albert Camus
my oc's link: Cura Breeze , Renatus

I'm actually very closed about it outside the internet.

I'm afraid of how my parents would react because they don't even like the idea of me watching cartoons at all, let alone ponies

I don't tell anyone in my classes because they don't show any signs that they'd be bronies as well

Only my very closest friends know that I'm a brony. Even so, they're not bronies either.

It feels very lonely being the only brony I know in real life. I hate it because it'd be amazing to be able to have someone with which to relate on the subject of ponies. But where I live, I haven't met a single brony in real life :(

• Brohoof 3

I refuse to let go until you're impressed.
I refuse to let go until I'm depressed.

I'm actually very closed about it outside the internet.

I'm afraid of how my parents would react because they don't even like the idea of me watching cartoons at all, let alone ponies

I don't tell anyone in my classes because they don't show any signs that they'd be bronies as well

Only my very closest friends know that I'm a brony. Even so, they're not bronies either.

It feels very lonely being the only brony I know in real life. I hate it because it'd be amazing to be able to have someone with which to relate on the subject of ponies. But where I live, I haven't met a single brony in real life :(

Sorry about that, I remember what is was like before I had real physical people to talk to about the show...

Heck, when I got into, I only talked to one person period online about it, and they weren't even a huge Brony theirself. They just wanted me to check it out because they were a fan and not a huge Brony like I became.

Of course, I knew one Brony in real life when I first started to like the show... but I was too embarrassed to bring it up. Now... I can't even imagine what it's like to hide it!

I hope that you can meet more Bronies in real life, and I'm sorry that your parents are like that... seems like a lot of Bronies I see have issues over the family element. I can understand, because I thought my parents would give me a hard time over it, but they honestly treat it like it's nothing now, so I guess I lucked out.

• Brohoof 1

RainblowHash.gif

#bringbackmerriwetherwillaims

I am very open about it, although I wasn't at first. I use to watch the show in private and would check to see if anyone was looking. Which bothered me for I wanted to share my passion for this show with others. However ever since I went to BronyCon 2013, which allowed me to be open about how much I enjoy this show, I no longer felt the need to hide the fact that I am a brony.

When I first became a brony, I did hid it for about two days and then I thought "why am I hiding this? Since when did I start caring what others thought of me." So the next day I told some friends about it and then I bought pony stuff like pony shirts, hoodies, and hats some time later. now I proudly wear all of my pony stuff. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm open. Why hide it? I really honestly couldn't care less if people know or not. Ponies are now a big enough part of my daily life where it'd be a pain to have to hide it. I mean, my friends and I are constantly talking about it in public. 

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

I'm very reluctantly. You have to realize I'm the schools emo kid plus the tough one of my group. They are all bronies but still...

Very reluctant. I'm the 'emo' of the school and tough 'guy' of my group (of which are all bronies) so I keep it need to know.

Sorry about that, I remember what is was like before I had real physical people to talk to about the show...

Heck, when I got into, I only talked to one person period online about it, and they weren't even a huge Brony theirself. They just wanted me to check it out because they were a fan and not a huge Brony like I became.

Of course, I knew one Brony in real life when I first started to like the show... but I was too embarrassed to bring it up. Now... I can't even imagine what it's like to hide it!

I hope that you can meet more Bronies in real life, and I'm sorry that your parents are like that... seems like a lot of Bronies I see have issues over the family element. I can understand, because I thought my parents would give me a hard time over it, but they honestly treat it like it's nothing now, so I guess I lucked out.

I don't really care if my parents never know but it'd be super nice to meet some other bronies at my college. It's one of the things I care most about. Definitely not at the top of the list, but it's top five. But really, not having any other brony friends is what sucks the most. I'd probably be a lot more open about it if I knew other people in real live who love the show as much as I do. :|

• Brohoof 1

I refuse to let go until you're impressed.
I refuse to let go until I'm depressed.

I'm not really open about. I'm not sure how my parents would react. My sister and one of my friends at school, who is also a brony ( but he's only seen two episodes ), are the only ones, besides people online, who know I'm a brony. I don't talk about to either of them. I'm not sure I'd risk talking about it at school. I already catch flak, although not near as much as I used too or I don't care/notice anymore, for being a huge halo fan, being a gamer, and being a computer nerd, and I'm not sure I'd really want to add that. :(

This was made possible by Sir Lunashy. img-1701756-4-a18x3XT.png

"Oh, hello there. Very nice to meet you~!

Say, do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?"

^ About sums it up.

post-18790-0-43077600-1386688258.png
Awesome signature made by Tromino.

My OC: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/pitch-light-r4599

Want to join a romantic crossover RP to celebrate the Month of Love?: http://mlpforums.com/topic/86811-the-multiversal-matchmaking-corner-romance/