Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why girls dress like that if they don't want to be seen by others.

Motion Spark

@, I never seen you, but ew

Again, smarter is certain aspects. And if you don't mind me asking, but are we going off topic? Because if we are, I kindly ask you to be the honorable gentlemen and not reply. I'm too weak to even attempt such a feat.

hmmm calm down buddy, yeah, we are a bit off-topic but everything is related since we are discusing women ways of thinking (of some sort), but if you are unconfortable I won't bother you anymore.

• Brohoof 1

@, I never seen you, but ew

Just picture me as this guy but with a bigger beard and smaller ears and a scar on his left eye,

post-8319-0-49787700-1349932816_thumb.jpg

Where........why...why is this on my computer....I need to remember to ask my friend Dan to not save pictures in my photo folder anymore. He doesn't live here..

@, hey hey comrade, don't wanna be a balloon popper but you are really going way off-topic here LOL... haha, what is that pic doing in your computer, I wonder the same thing.

but if that the case ...damn you're hot! @_@

• Brohoof 1

@, hey hey comrade, don't wanna be a balloon popper but you are really going way off-topic here LOL... haha, what is that pic doing in your computer, I wonder the same thing.

but if that the case ...damn you're hot! @_@

Whoops...sorry about going off topic there.ill just get back to topic at hand... Huh what's that last part? I forgot my glasses...can't read...I'm scared now..

Girls dress like that because they can....it's their choice even though they somehow find men looking at them offensive when I'm 100% sure they know that men would look at them in the clothes. Let them be like that, I'd never be rude but if they want to attract bad attention to themselves let them!

If I may, I'd like to offer my own perspective.

Women that dress in outfits you might think of as revealing aren't necessarily doing it for attention or for the sake of male gaze. I think that idea gets ground into our heads a lot, that dressing up means you're putting on a display for men, and it's not a healthy attitude for either gender. For girls, it pits us against each other, because NOBODY wants to be a slut (which is a whole other problematic topic, but I'll save that for another day)! And for guys, it generates the expectation that it's an invitation to stare.

Sometimes I like to show off a little cleavage. It's not because I want a man or woman to stare at me, or to put on a display. It's because I think it makes me look sexy, to me personally, and I like looking nice. It makes me feel more confident about myself. It's more about how you feel about yourself than how others see you.

I hope this makes sense.

• Brohoof 1

hmmm calm down buddy

I thought I was pretty calm D:

Sometimes I like to show off a little cleavage. It's not because I want a man or woman to stare at me, or to put on a display. It's because I think it makes me look sexy, to me personally, and I like looking nice. It makes me feel more confident about myself. It's more about how you feel about yourself than how others see you.

But with that in mind, you can't blame a man taking a peek. I'm not saying you yourself do it, but I'm talking about other women. I don't care what you wear. You can go naked for all I care. But if I look somewhere other than your face, I don't want to be called rude or a pervert. It was simply instinct. I can't control it.

Actually nobody can effectively multitask, the way our mind's perception works we can only hold so much attention to one item at a time. The reason women are percived to be better at multiple tasks at once has to do with women are on average placed in caregiver roles and take on multiple responsibilities at once.

Girls are usually better at liberal arts, such as English, Literature, History etc because of the socialization we receive as children, take a look at little girls toys next time you are in a store, do you see anything like puzzles or legos or any toy that engages analytical thinking needed for the maths and sciences? You probably won't and if you do you are at a very progressive toy store. Now go look at the little boy section, there are legos and connector sets, play chemistry sets etc. You don't see a toy kitchen, unless it involves a grill and you won't see many toys that have to do with building relationships or toys that encourage roles in nurturing.

Boys are falling behind in national test scores because of our education system, about 50 years ago it would have been girls, it has to do with learning style and how we are socialized with our gender to learn. The classroom isn't set up probably in our society to blend learning styles, part of that is our society's idea of gender isfixed and innate, which is gross misconception, gender is fluid and changing, and reflects the society you grew up in.

A really interesting book on this is called Raising Cain

So women and men are not innately less or more intellegent, it has to do with our socialization process and what we are "taught" to be better at by our enviroment, caregivers, and authority figures as well as the media

Edited by Sugarcube
  • Brohoof 1

Sometimes I like to show off a little cleavage. It's not because I want a man or woman to stare at me, or to put on a display. It's because I think it makes me look sexy, to me personally, and I like looking nice. It makes me feel more confident about myself. It's more about how you feel about yourself than how others see you. I hope this makes sense.

fun fact! I always thought that you were a guy! *giggles*

Alright! that's good that you want to be an individual and be sexy at the same time, I don't know how are the guys around your city, but in some places, you have to be aware that they will look (even the girls do), not saying that you have to put yourself in display for everyone to see, but you can't get mad or annoyed because some people is looking at you, actually I agree with bronium.

Pff. I thought I made it pretty obvious I was a girl! I guess not.

In any case. A woman can still get uncomfortable if you're looking other places than her face. It's her body, and therefore within her rights. I'm...a little uncomfortable with the "you can't get mad or annoyed because some people is looking at you" and Bronium's "I can't help instinct!" arguments. A glance can't be helped, I know this from experience. But outright staring? That can be helped.

• Brohoof 1

I get uncomfortable when people stare at me. It's probably because of my face though.....they do stare other places and it's rather strange. Americans are much different than the Russians I grew up with. American women randomly grab my arms and tell me I have great biceps. I don't like that....I don't like it at all. I should be able to go in public and not be stared at because of my appearance.

Glancing is not wrong, I'm not going to lie. I've glanced at women but I'd never act like a dirtbag (correct expression?). They can do whatever they want with themselves. If they want to show off their body that's fine, let them it is free country this is!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pff. I thought I made it pretty obvious I was a girl! I guess not.

In any case. A woman can still get uncomfortable if you're looking other places than her face. It's her body, and therefore within her rights. I'm...a little uncomfortable with the "you can't get mad or annoyed because some people is looking at you" and Bronium's "I can't help instinct!" arguments. A glance can't be helped, I know this from experience. But outright staring? That can be helped.

I'm sorry, your name and your avvie, suggests otherwise, it's my fault for not looking at profiles :P

OK, back on discussion, that's the magic formula there, A glance can't be helped, you seem fine with that, but there are girls that are annoyed with a simple less than 1 second quick glance, and they make you feel like the worst of the perverts XD

I get uncomfortable when people stare at me. It's probably because of my face though.....they do stare other places and it's rather strange. Americans are much different than the Russians I grew up with. American women randomly grab my arms and tell me I have great biceps. I don't like that....I don't like it at all. I should be able to go in public and not be stared at because of my appearance.

Glancing is not wrong, I'm not going to lie. I've glanced at women but I'd never act like a dirtbag (correct expression?). They can do whatever they want with themselves. If they want to show off their body that's fine, let them it is free country this is!

it sucks to be stereotyped by the American society as a brute man without a brain and highly pervert XD

I agree that people shouldn't randomly touch your body like that, but this is a disturbance of the culture, society taught us that women's bodies should be respected and men matter a nothing. It's a completely unbalanced situation in my opinion, but on the other hand, many men would feel flattered if a woman bluntly say that she likes a part of his body, if you revert the situation, the woman usually would feel offended instead of flattered.

You are one of that few men that would feel offended if some chick randomly touch your body, they should ask first, hehe if that happen again grab her ass, it's fair (PD don't do it! :ph34r: )

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 1

it sucks to be stereotyped by the American society as a brute man without a brain and highly pervert XD

I agree that people shouldn't randomly touch your body like that, but this is a disturbance of the culture, society taught us that women's bodies should be respected and men matter a nothing. It's a completely unbalanced situation in my opinion, but on the other hand, many men would feel flattered if a woman bluntly say that she likes a part of his body, if you revert the situation, the woman usually would feel offended instead of flattered.

You are one of that few men that would feel offended if some chick randomly touch your body, they should ask first, hehe if that happen again grab her ass, it's fair (PD don't do it! :ph34r: )

I guess I'm the strange guy out of hundreds who doesn't like being randomly touched while I'm drinking by myself in a DIVE BAR or in the middle of working. I understand if it is flattery but I get strange vibe from people who randomly touch me. I wouldn't want to hurt them if they did it real fast without my knowing. My mind is set to be ready for anything. I'm very jumpy I guess. Just because I'm not very good at english pronunciation doesn't mean I'm brain dead. People need to learn to not judge for appearances.

You know what maybe i'll go back to the bar and grab her ass.....see how she likes it :P

I guess I'm the strange guy out of hundreds who doesn't like being randomly touched while I'm drinking by myself in a DIVE BAR or in the middle of working. I understand if it is flattery but I get strange vibe from people who randomly touch me. I wouldn't want to hurt them if they did it real fast without my knowing. My mind is set to be ready for anything. I'm very jumpy I guess. Just because I'm not very good at english pronunciation doesn't mean I'm brain dead. People need to learn to not judge for appearances.

You know what maybe i'll go back to the bar and grab her ass.....see how she likes it :P

lol I understand that part, imagine you getting surprised and then launch an "elbow kick" <------ my stoopid logik XD, and just break her face and leave her unconsious. haha

grab her ass! :x

• Brohoof 1

The misandry in this thread is sickening. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Expecting women to dress "appopriately" according to your world views is a ridiculous notion and is not unlike the prevalent attitudes within countries with conservative religious majority.

The misandry in this thread is sickening. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Expecting women to dress "appopriately" according to your world views is a ridiculous notion and is not unlike the prevalent attitudes within countries with conservative religious majority.

may I know of what are you talking about? I have to admit that I've never heard of that word "misandry", and the few I could research about it gives me the right to tell you that this is not a "hate" thread for any gender.

Both guys and girls are very welcome to give their point of view without denigrating the other sex, this is not the finality of this topic at all.

• Brohoof 1

You should actually read over what you put before you post things, in order to not look like a fool.

This statement is incredibly idiotic, and I can tell you looked up those "BIIIIG WOOOORDS" in a thesaurus, as they are way out of context.

No one is saying any of these things. Get over yourself, and actually read.

• Brohoof 2

You meant misogyny! Misandry is a hatred of men. I see your point, though. I was a little shocked when I first saw this thread, to be honest...

I agree that people shouldn't randomly touch your body like that, but this is a disturbance of the culture, society taught us that women's bodies should be respected and men matter a nothing.

...um. Because women's bodies should be respected?? I'm a little uncomfortable with how you phrased this.
  • Brohoof 1

You meant misogyny! Misandry is a hatred of men. I see your point, though. I was a little shocked when I first saw this thread, to be honest...

...um. Because women's bodies should be respected?? I'm a little uncomfortable with how you phrased this.

Explain yourself a bit more. What is there to be shocked about in this thread?

We spoke of women who enjoy showing body parts are not sluts, just women who enjoy showing body parts.

Where exactly did we cross the line? Or are you just posting to post. Because you made no sense.

(edited)

but I said that! women's bodies MUST be respected.

but there are males (in this case Dimitri) who feels unconfortable when other unknown women touch them! is that fair to you?

Edited by Motion Spark

but I said that! women's body MUST be respected.

but there are males (in this case Dimitri) who feels unconfortable when other unknown women touch them! is that fair to you?

OH! My sincerest apologies, I completely misread that! XD Augh, this is what I get for skimming and letting my jimmies get all rustled. Sorry!

No, it's not fair at all. Ugh. It's just as creepy when women fondle men without their permission.

• Brohoof 1

OH! My sincerest apologies, I completely misread that! XD Augh, this is what I get for skimming and letting my jimmies get all rustled. Sorry!

No, it's not fair at all. Ugh. It's just as creepy when women fondle men without their permission.

it's ok lol ...I re-read my post because I thought that I wrote something innapropiate :x

it's good that all is good :)

...but that makes me think of some situations that women can get away with it flawless. I have had many (female) friends who touched my butt without my permission, I never get mad, I play along. But if I were to do the same thing, then the game is over and I look like the pervert.

haha...this is just an experience to share XD