Most annoying/common grammar mistakes

Kodiak

I really could not care less about grammar mistakes on internet forums.

The only time it bothers me is when I see somebody insulting me or another member and they're like "your stupid". lol. I'm not going to stoop down to their level and point out their inaccuracies in grammar, but I will not be able to take them quite as seriously.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

I don't really care how people write, just what they are writing about.

That being said, I always make sure my grammar is good and often shout out loud at myself when I hit send or post then notice a typo.

I can't make signatures.

Sooo... yeah

Slang kills me.

Or When People Capitalize Every Letter In Their Sentence.

i think capitalization of words in sentences are regular in some languages. at least in German, i remember you capitalized verbs and nouns. (correct me if i am wrong)

edit: just noticed this is my 666 post, so iam gunna poast liek tihs to tikc juur guiz OseeDs adn go to grmaar hlell

Edited by vuscrhuuai meualyhstrhumm

KvTw2d6.png

Soundcloud---------Twitter---------Tumblr---------DeviantArt

I try to refine my grammar and spelling, sometimes I fail, sometimes I accidentally omit words, But generally I try to make sure everything is fine. It breaks my reading flow if I discover errors, they annoy me, but I won't feel the need to correct people on it.

I r34lly h473 p30pl3 u51ng l337 5p34k

and people using binar

01001001001000000111001001100101011000010110110001101100011110010010000001101000011000010111010001100101001000000111000001100101011011110111000001101100011001010010000001110101011100110110100101101110011001110010000001101100011001010110010101110100001000000111001101110000011001010110000101101011

because it is just wrong.

iWRLB.png

• 1 year later...

The biggest annoyance would probably be with the "your you're" and "there their" or when people try to correct others, and end up failing themselves. Though I know people use slang because it is usually easier and faster to type, but sometimes it goes too far, lik wen ppl talk lik dis. 

siggy.png

Warning, lots of foul language:

l8iE7LV.jpg

Most of those really bug me, but people using Y, U, R, 2, B4, and other such things instead of the actual words bug me the most. Even in chat, it bugs me, but other abbreviations (btw, iirc, etc.) don't.

• Brohoof 2

Signature now 99% less edgy!

Proper spelling and grammar aren't required in informal writing, I really don't care if you don't use capitals or punctuation, but PLEASE learn your homonyms and contractions. It is NOT difficult to learn your/you're and their/there/they're.

The people who decide to write run on sentences, you know, the kind who continually write and go on and on and on without having any sort of knowledge about the rules of punctuation which results in this massive block of text which makes the reader in me begin to want to tear my hair out because of the writer's lack of knowledge in just how exactly and where exactly to place a very useful little dot which is known as a period which would aid in their overall writing but however they refuse to do it for reasons which I can never understand since it takes no time at all to read over what you wrote quick or better yet, to know where to place a period without making a sentence turn into a monstrosity of a paragraph that nobody will want to read because there is no periods in the writing for some god forsaken reason. 

See what I did there? dry.png tongue.png

• Brohoof 1

ForDJRainbowDash_zps2b58bbf2.png

" I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

My Friendship is Magic Fanfiction Pagehttp://www.fimfiction.net/user/The%20DJ%20Rainbow%20Dash

-Signature art designed by the lovely vinyl_scratch 13

(edited)

when people dont use proper grammar like apostrophes and commas and full stops and no capital letters its really annoying when they get mixed up with there and their because its not that hard to understand also when they type a huge wall of text and they dont use paragraphs when theyre needed

Sorry about that guys, that was painful for me to type, but I felt that I had to do a demonstration.

EDIT;; Goddamnit, DJ beat me to it. dry.png

Edited by Shaymin
  • Brohoof 1

C4APAJc.png

(I used to be Sapphire until I drank some cactus juice.)

when people dont use proper grammar like apostrophes and commas and full stops and no capital letters its really annoying when they get mixed up with there and their because its not that hard to understand also when they type a huge wall of text and they dont use paragraphs when theyre needed

Sorry about that guys, that was painful for me to type, but I felt that I had to do a demonstration.

EDIT;; Goddamnit, DJ beat me to it. img-1331343-1-dry.png

Your version of it was much more difficult to read than mine, if you were wondering. At least mine is just missing periods and nothing else laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

ForDJRainbowDash_zps2b58bbf2.png

" I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

My Friendship is Magic Fanfiction Pagehttp://www.fimfiction.net/user/The%20DJ%20Rainbow%20Dash

-Signature art designed by the lovely vinyl_scratch 13