Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming [Gaming] The Team Fortress 2 Thread

Ron Jeremy

I've been playing TF2 for a long time now and I've had a lot of fun but which class to choose has always been a problem of mine and I've constantly been switching classes. What's got me pinned down lately is which classes are hardest to play well however and I was wondering what you guys thought?

Personally,

1. Scout/Spy (can't decide)

3. Sniper

4. Pyro

5. Medic/Soldier

7. Demoman

8. Engineer/Heavy

(Not that any of the classes are particularly easy to play well)

Rainbow Dash sure is a pony that somehows knows how to make me love her more and more

But for now I am happy x3

I've been playing TF2 for a long time now and I've had a lot of fun but which class to choose has always been a problem of mine and I've constantly been switching classes. What's got me pinned down lately is which classes are hardest to play well however and I was wondering what you guys thought?

Personally,

1. Scout/Spy (can't decide)

3. Sniper

4. Pyro

5. Medic/Soldier

7. Demoman

8. Engineer/Heavy

(Not that any of the classes are particularly easy to play well)

Soldier is somewhat a class everyone says is easy to play and best to start off with.

For me I started using sniper and it became my main class, spy as well, scout I find hard for me to play cause I always seem to run straight and not in different patterns to keep off from sniper XD

The trick with the Scout is to keep jumping all over the place in extremely random and unpredictable patterns.

It's also very good to not move in a straight line, particularly when going backwards, as a Scout is an irresistible target to any Spy because of how tricky it is to backstab them, and standing behind a reversing Scout is an easy kill.

(edited)

I've decided that I really like the AoE/splash of the Scorch Shot. It's very useful to be able to shoot one flare and scare away an entire, now burning, team. Not to mention the knock-back is nice if someone gets in your face.

Well, TF2 is quite a dynamic game, so for the same reasons you can't accurately say there's a best class, you can't accurately say there's an easiest or hardest class to play. People's play style, load out, experience, skill, knowledge, luck, and general mood can affect the way they play, which in turn effects how easy or difficult it is to play a certain class. For example, if people are staying in a tight group around the cart, classes like Soldier, Demo, and Pyro can go wild just by peaking around the corner, while Engis are going to have a harder time keeping the sentry together if the group focuses their attacks. Spies and Snipers won't go as unnoticed as they need to be and may attract the attention of the group after only one attack, failed or connected.

However, if people are walking in a single-file line to the control point, Snipers and Spies can go crazy, while Soldiers/Demos won't benefit as much from their projectiles's splash damage.

Edited by Vinyl Octavia Karpington
  • Brohoof 1

Weapons update out of the blue, promo for a new game.

Honestly, I don't know about this one. I mean, sure, previous weapons have wonked the game up, but a heavy essentially spychecking himself? Spies reversing engineer buildings? Just, what?

Curious to see everypony else's opinions on this stuff.

Pyro sign is probably the worst weapon in the game now, ha.

Scout secondary butcher knife looks mad cool and might be a fun weapon.

Heavy minigun chews up waaay too much ammo to be a combat effective heavy. Except on offensive Payload, then that's just awesome.

Spy sapper is pretty lame compared to the old one. Diminishing buildings without alerting the engie might be lulzy though.

Did I miss any? 'Cuz I don't think you can rate hats and miscs for efficiency...

Pyro sign is probably the worst weapon in the game now, ha.

Scout secondary butcher knife looks mad cool and might be a fun weapon.

Heavy minigun chews up waaay too much ammo to be a combat effective heavy. Except on offensive Payload, then that's just awesome.

Spy sapper is pretty lame compared to the old one. Diminishing buildings without alerting the engie might be lulzy though.

Did I miss any? 'Cuz I don't think you can rate hats and miscs for efficiency...

The problem I have with some of the weapons that have been added lately is that they're throwing off the symbiotic relation the classes have.

Heavy being able to spycheck an engineer's nest efficiently? (remember, dispensers give ammo) That's the Pyro's job. After all, why would an engineer want some weak Pyro around when they can have a heavy that ignites spies and has a minigun?

The Pomson 6000 (not only talking about weapons in this update) lets the Engineer become a front-line class, with its piercing shots and uber-depleting ability.

The Black Box? Why should a soldier be able to spam rockets into a crowd and heal himself?

Since when did "Demo"man mean a guy running around with swords and shields? Really does make me mad when there's a problematic enemy sentry, and somepony goes Demoman.... but they're a Demoknight.

Seriously, I still enjoy the game, but come on, Valve.

The problem I have with some of the weapons that have been added lately is that they're throwing off the symbiotic relation the classes have.

Heavy being able to spycheck an engineer's nest efficiently? (remember, dispensers give ammo) That's the Pyro's job. After all, why would an engineer want some weak Pyro around when they can have a heavy that ignites spies and has a minigun?

The Pomson 6000 (not only talking about weapons in this update) lets the Engineer become a front-line class, with its piercing shots and uber-depleting ability.

The Black Box? Why should a soldier be able to spam rockets into a crowd and heal himself?

Since when did "Demo"man mean a guy running around with swords and shields? Really does make me mad when there's a problematic enemy sentry, and somepony goes Demoman.... but they're a Demoknight.

I think you would enjoy the Xbox version of TF2. None of the updates to PC are in the Xbox version which means none of the weapons are there either.

Posted Image

I'd take back calling pyro weak if I were you! I'm pretty sure that heavy will be better off doing other duties than sitting around at sentry nest doing something the pyro is much better at xP

Not only can Pyro knock off sappers...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So no, I disagree about pyro being weak. xP

• Brohoof 3

I have not used any of the weapons yet, but most of them seem to be pretty bad.

The new minigun does not seem really that good because the ring of fire is so small and to actually hit anything you'd have to be so close that you could easily just shoot them, and it's not going to stop spies from killing you. Just like the razorback, it's just a minor annoyance that will maybe keep spies from stabbing you for a while, but it's not going to completely stop spies from basckstabbing you.

The hatchet seems like a fun weapon to use with the sandman. If you can aim. It can be useful to have something with more range, but most of the time you can just run up to people and shoot them with the scattergun.

The new sapper for the spy.. Seems to be really crappy. Not only is it really slow, but you sometimes really want that metal to drop from buildings to instantly recharge your watch.

And the new melee for pyro... no... just.. no..

Edited by Lumen

The new sapper for the spy.. Seems to be really crappy. Not only is it really slow, but you sometimes really want that metal to drop from buildings to instantly recharge your watch.

Undeniably the original sapper is better because it disables and destroys.

This red tape recorder...

spytrollface.jpg

SOUNDS AWFULLY GREAT FOR TROLLING PURPOSES.

"Laugh at your texan enemy in the face as you make his sentry go back in time to when it is just a baby gun"

Edited by Jozzeh
  • Brohoof 1

I think you would enjoy the Xbox version of TF2. None of the updates to PC are in the Xbox version which means none of the weapons are there either.

I'm not complaining about all of the weapons. I'm complaining about the weapons that make classes replace other classes. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Posted Image

I'd take back calling pyro weak if I were you! I'm pretty sure that heavy will be better off doing other duties than sitting around at sentry nest doing something the pyro is much better at xP

Not only can Pyro knock off sappers...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So no, I disagree about pyro being weak. xP

I didn't call the Pyro weak. I was saying that, other than airblasting and knocking off sappers (which the Engineer can do), how would an Engineer prefer a pyro over a heavy for guarding their nest? The heavy has...

Higher HP.

Higher range.

360° spy igniting.

Ability to drop sandviches to heal the engineer.

I'm just saying, when it comes to guarding a sentry nest, a heavy can now be a heavypyromedic.

• Brohoof 2

^

Come on now. A heavy isn't particulary good if he's wasting his time doing this. Let's be a bit more realistic, a heavy is more seen into the offensive scene trying to capture points and push the cart, not do some guard work for an engineer.

360 Spy igniting? Pyro does this better by litterally mouse spazzing..

A medic does the healing job better ( Heck, even achievements encouraging for that! )

What I am saying: What heavy can offer, there's others who does it better.

(edited)

^

Come on now. A heavy isn't particulary good if he's wasting his time doing this. Let's be a bit more realistic, a heavy is more seen into the offensive scene trying to capture points and push the cart, not do some guard work for an engineer.

360 Spy igniting? Pyro does this better by litterally mouse spazzing..

A medic does the healing job better ( Heck, even achievements encouraging for that! )

What I am saying: What heavy can offer, there's others who does it better.

Yes, yes, but you're not getting what I'm saying. Here's a scenario.

An engineer tells his team that he needs a teammate to guard his nest. Joe the TF2 player is like "Hmm, I should switch to Pyro next time I die so I can do that." but then he thinks "On the other hand, I could always switch to Heavy. I mean, Pyro's fine and all, but if I go Heavy, I still have Pyro's igniting, Medic's healing, and the role of a Heavy still isn't out of the question!".

Unless you're playing Highlander mode or something, even with his shortcomings, the Heavy wins.

Edited by Zebroop
  • Brohoof 1

Think again:

That fire-ring isn't making him spy-proof, it only punishes the spies who dares to backstab him.

Heavy can't do anything against demoman's stickies, only either flee or soak them up until his belly explodes.

And I can easily bring back the sapper subject - Heavy cannot use his fists to remove them. Pyro can wack them off.

The only thing he beats pyro at is the healing part, but that means heavy must for a few important seconds unarm himself which could mean the defeat of the sentry nest.

Think again:

That fire-ring isn't making him spy-proof, it only punishes the spies who dares to backstab him.

Heavy can't do anything against demoman's stickies, only either flee or soak them up until his belly explodes.

And I can easily bring back the sapper subject - Heavy cannot use his fists to remove them. Pyro can wack them off.

The only thing he beats pyro at is the healing part, but that means heavy must for a few important seconds unarm himself which could mean the defeat of the sentry nest.

Firing at stickies makes them disappear.

Sure, the Heavy can't destroy sappers, but he's better at protecting the Engineer that can.

Sure, the Heavy has to put his gun away to throw a Sandvich, but Pyro has to put his flamethrower away to remove sappers. Both have moments where they are disarmed.

While the Heavy can't deflect grenades or rockets, he still can protect a sentry nest better than the Pyro can. If anything, his higher HP allows him to soak up a few, especially if he's standing by a dispenser.

Think again:

Firing at stickies makes them disappear.

Sure, the Heavy can't destroy sappers, but he's better at protecting the Engineer that can.

Sure, the Heavy has to put his gun away to throw a Sandvich, but Pyro has to put his flamethrower away to remove sappers. Both have moments where they are disarmed.

While the Heavy can't deflect grenades or rockets, he still can protect a sentry nest better than the Pyro can. If anything, his higher HP allows him to soak up a few, especially if he's standing by a dispenser.

Posted Image

Not a problem.

Besides, a demoman can plant stickies faster (And a smart one scatters them around the nest) than heavy or engineer can shoot'em! (And if engineer tries to shoot that means not focusing on repairs)

The fire ignation isn't really that big either; if its' to protect the buildings the engineer will make his nest pretty cramped, becoming easier for bombardment!

Think again:

Posted Image

Not a problem.

Besides, a demoman can plant stickies faster (And a smart one scatters them around the nest) than heavy or engineer can shoot'em! (And if engineer tries to shoot that means not focusing on repairs)

The fire ignation isn't really that big either; if its' to protect the buildings the engineer will make his nest pretty cramped, becoming easier for bombardment!

Eh, I can see what you mean, and kind of agree with you, but I still think that the benefits at least keep up with having a Pyro guarding a sentry nest.

Though, I must ask. Why can Soldiers ignite? Why can Heavies ignite? How long is it until we start giving Heavies sentries? And Spies flamethrowers? :lol:

And what about the scout's new weapon?

I MEAN IT ISN'T LIKE HE IS THE MASTER OF BLEED OR ANYTHING, RIGHT?!

Three Rune Blade

Boston Basher

Wrap Assassin

RIGHT GAIS?!

Also, I must say, that Pyro axe that crits in water needs to be drastically improved if they want anypony to use it. I guess I can see where they're coming from with it, letting Pyro overcome one of his weaknesses at a cost, but really, water isn't that common, and you'd be better with the default axe or the Axtinguisher in the long run....

Also, I got a laugh out of this ad. I always did say that with F2P, trading, and dueling (aka PVP), TF2 was turning into an MMO... :lol:

Posted Image

it's not like the heavy is spamming flames around him every goddamn second, isn't it like.. every 5 seconds or so?

edit: nevermind, apperantly it does spam it nonstop..

Edited by Platinum Rook

...........................Uh. I never, ever really really really really expected this....really..holy pony feathers. This came as a big surprise..

Posted Image

Edited by Jozzeh
  • Brohoof 2

I just thought I'd get it out that I'm once again hunting for some specific weapons.

2 Third Degrees, 3 Family Businesses, 3 Mad Milks, 3 Spy-cicles. I'd gladly give a scrap for each weapon, though if by some freak chance you've got them all, I'd gladly give a Hound Dog for 'em. ;)I know I could trade with randoms or something but I'd rather ask here first. :3