Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc What Lies Under Canterlot...

Faceless

Here's the Long Description:

After Equestria was founded, Canterlot was the first place to be built with the union of the three types of ponies. They started to work immediatly and grew in number as more ponies fled from the disharmony that surrounded the land.

There was but one problem. Much of the land was still swarmed with Windigos, making most of the world unhabitable. Having so many ponies flock to the new city meant space was cramped for all. Many ponies fought and scuffled over farm land and living space. Camps were made to new comers, but they were quickly demolished.

The six ponies who had united Equestria had a solution. Chancellor Puddinghead stated that she would make a collection of tunnels under the unfinished city to accomidiate the vast number of bodies that poured in.

Commander Hurricane also decided to take the pegasi up into the sky to make a massive city. This turned out to be Cloudsdale today, which holds many secrets, but that's another story!

All ponies kept in contact, which kept, at bay, the Windigos. The unicorns helped to build the tunnels whcih grew to be deeper and darker.

It was then, that they found a huge cavern to make a grand city, rightly called Mud Metropolis. Unfortunatly, due to Discord's coming, the caverns fell, trapping the earth ponies below.

History then saw the presence of the two sisters who rid Discord of the land and helped restore Canterlot.

Rescue parties were sent into the ruins of the tunnels which never returned. The sisters deemed the tunnels unsafe and stopped anypony from trying to go down their.

________

We skip to the present day. You are now in Ponyville, either living or holidaying there. Choose what you are doing, but you are in Ponyville.

A certain pegasus has now read about the tunnels and is on a hunt to find ponies to delve into the tunnels to uncover the mysteries of what happened down there.

You must impress this certain pegasus by performing a skill in Ponyville that he will think is needed in the tunnels. You will then go into the tunnels with the team and relocate Mud Metropolis, where the ponies who were stuck down their would have probably sheltered.

Here's a Shorter Description:

There are tunnels under Canterlot built by the Earth Ponies from the founding of Equestria. There were multiple cave ins that led to ponies being stuck from within. The Princesses have deemed it unfit to travel into the tunnels.

You are in Ponyville, somehow, whether you are visiting, living, passing... whatever. You're there. A certain Faceless pegasus will ask you to join his crusade to travel into the tunnels and piece together what has happened.

However, you must impress this nameless pegasus with a skill to make him interested in you. I'll let you decide what that is.

RULES:

1) NO ALICORNS: I'm sorry, but this will be a non-alicorn roleplay. Try somewhere else...

2) YOU ARE ALLOWED TO KNOW THE MANE SIX: However, keep it to a bare minimum. I won't except romantic relationships with them, but I will allow a good friendship between them.

3) NO MARY SUES: We need some nice personalities to make this thing firey!

4) NO GODMODDING: I will control environmental changes but I will have no control over your characters.

5) YOU MAY DIE: If you want to, you can die in a heroic death which we will cry about. Let me warn you that if you break a rule one to many times, I will make you die.

6) THERE WON'T BE MUCH COMBAT: A few fights here and there but nothing major. If you are looking for that kind of stuff this probably isn't for you.

7) YOU MAY NOT LEAVE THE PARTY: If we have gone into the tunnels, you can't turn tail and run. We can't separate but we can lose each other. If you're going to get lost, take somepony else with you.

8) YOU MAY CONTROL CERTAIN THINGS IN THE ENVIRONMENT: This is very tricky. Make things small that won't affect the environment. Don't do anything that is purposely aimed at another person to kill/maim them.

9) NO 18 RATED TALK: Keep swearing to a min. No sexual themes.

10) HAVE FUN AND BE ACTIVE: The most important part of the rules =)

11) *NEW* HAVE RESONABLE GRAMMAR: It's not like I want you to get everything spot on, it's just when the writing has multiple spelling/grammatical mistakes.

CHARACTERS:

1) Faceless Flyer http://mlpforums.com...ess-flyer-r1868

2) Williow Mist http://mlpforums.com...llow-mist-r1888

3) Zhooves http://mlpforums.com..._/zhooves-r1591

4) Honey Swirl http://mlpforums.com...ney-swirl-r1848

5) Purple Power http://mlpforums.com...rplepower-r1785

6) Cossid http://mlpforums.com.../_/cossid-r1902

And we have all our characters! The roleplay will start soon. Please follow the topic!

Edited by Faceless
  • Brohoof 1

I have a bat pony character named Cossid who is mute because a timberwolf bit her thoat while exploring the Everfree forest to search for her little brother and her talent is moth collecting. She has very few friends and a medium sized family. Cossid had heared about the mane six, the princesses, and Spike but doesn't know much about them. She isn't very pretty so most ponies would ignore her because her social skills isn't very good. Cossid sometimes has difficulty learning new things, but is a hard worker when encouraged by friends and family to keep going. She loves to dance even though she kinda sucks at it and very talented at playing the flute. With her sense of smell she can tell when underground if she is close to the surface or not.

http://mlpforums.com...llow-mist-r1888

Can I join in? :D

Also, a note about my page is that Willow takes first impressions from others very seriously. Heck, her friend Ocean Blue made a little fun of her and she wouldn't get over it for four-and-a-half months.

Of course! I'll put you down and put another post on here when the roleplay is open.

I have a bat pony character named Cossid who is mute because a timberwolf bit her thoat while exploring the Everfree forest to search for her little brother and her talent is moth collecting. She has very few friends and a medium sized family. Cossid had heared about the mane six, the princesses, and Spike but doesn't know much about them. She isn't very pretty so most ponies would ignore her because her social skills isn't very good. Cossid sometimes has difficulty learning new things, but is a hard worker when encouraged by friends and family to keep going. She loves to dance even though she kinda sucks at it and very talented at playing the flute. With her sense of smell she can tell when underground if she is close to the surface or not.

Awesome. Sounds perfect. Do you have a character in the archives?

No, but I would like to know how to create something for the archives though. Never done something like this online before so I'm interested in how it works.

Edited by Limestone

No, but I would like to know how to create something for the archives though. Never done something like this online before so I'm interested in how it works.

That's okay! If you go onto the roleplay world and then click on the character database. in the top right hand corner there should be a thing which says: "Add Character." Click on that and make it :)

Edited by Faceless

That's okay! If you go onto the roleplay world and then click on the character database. in the top right hand corner there should be a thing which says: "Add Character." Click on that and make it :)

I found it and placed my character on there with brief details about her.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/cossid-r1902

Thank you for showing me how to do that.

Edited by Limestone

Could I join? I like to play multiple roleplays :)

http://mlpforums.com...ney-swirl-r1848

She's a generally happy go lucky pony, but can be stubborn if she dosn't like somepony. She tries to be nice to everypony when she first meets them. She is a member of Luna's Royal Gaurd, so she has some skills.

Edited by ThatBronyGirl

can I join? this'll be my first roleplay on this site...

Character

Name: Fray (short for Frayedwing)

looks: all brown pegasus with large wings and long legs. his mane is short and well groomed.

backstory: he is a surgeon; and a very talented one. in fact, he's one of the very few pegasus surgeons out there (most are unicorns because of their magic). he's usually nice and loves to help people, but he's found himself slipping into insanity. he sees things that aren't there, and he finds himself relishing in the sight of his own patients; their blood agaknst his white gloves, the feel of ascalpal as it cuts through... he doesn't know why this is happening to him, and he wants it to stop. he's basically ready to throw his life away...

Oh! This looks seriously awesome. :wub: Here's my OC: http://mlpforums.com...rplepower-r1785 Here's the back story thingy or whatever: Purplepower lives in Ponyville with her little sister. She loves duct tape, and can be very resourceful with it. She loves mysteries and stuff like that. She's usually pretty shy, but can be very verbose when needed.

(Sorry, I stink at these things, which is why it's kinda short. :blush: )

Edited by Purplepower

can I join? this'll be my first roleplay on this site...

can my oc join

Sorry guys. That's all the places wrapped up. I hope you find another Roleplay soon.

Everypony else who has commented should be through. Can I ask anyone who is about to comment that...

THERE ARE NO MORE PLACES!!!!

Unfortunatly, I'm having trouble changing the topic from searching to OC-ing. Any suggestions anypony? Thanks :)

Unfortunatly, I'm having trouble changing the topic from searching to OC-ing. Any suggestions anypony? Thanks :)

Found it~

Go to the original post (I think it's got to be the original post at least...), click 'edit', and then 'Use the full editor' (or something). Then you will see the topic-title at the top, and I guess you'll put a [OOC] or something there...

• Brohoof 1

Found it~

Go to the original post (I think it's got to be the original post at least...), click 'edit', and then 'Use the full editor' (or something). Then you will see the topic-title at the top, and I guess you'll put a [OOC] or something there...

Thanks a bunch! All present and accounted for. I am going to start on the roleplay now and make the first post. I'll make a comment when it's done and a link in the description.

EVERYPONY! THE LINK IS HERE!!! HAPPY ROLEPLAYING!!!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/38852-what-lies-under-canterlot/

I hope everypony enjoys the roleplay. Please do stick by the rules and this should be fun! :lol:

Could I join? I like to play multiple roleplays :)

http://mlpforums.com...llow-mist-r1888

Can I join in? :D

Can I join in as Zhooves/North Light?

He's a kinda quiet, shy and sleepy guy, with some skills with music, art, tech and navigating in the dark~

Just to say, guys we have started the roleplay if you didn't notice. The link is above this comment. Have fun!

• Brohoof 1

@ Zhooves

So, whats the plan here? Do we know each other from the hotel, or does it just feel like we knew each other but we don't. I can work with either way :)

I guess we know each other... I like the idea of us knowing each other from earlier, as well as experiences from earlier roleplays~ (Unless it's death or something, of course!)

I guess we know each other... I like the idea of us knowing each other from earlier, as well as experiences from earlier roleplays~ (Unless it's death or something, of course!)

Okay :D It'll be nice to know somepony. Yay, history! It would be akward if we met again after I died though :P

Sounds like an alright idea. Do whatever you want from previous roleplays, I wouldn't some characters knowing others.

Oh yeah, hopefully not dying.

Just to say that we could all survive it... could...

Okay :P

That could actually make for some interesting moments... Like "Wait... Didn't you get eaten by that dragon?" "It didn't like my blueberry-flavour..." Or something silly like that~

@ThatBronyGirl

Check the bottom of my http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/zhooves-r1591"]character-profile[/url]... What do you think~?

*Sigh* I can't seem to figure that mention-function to work... How I do it? Or did I just figure it out?

@@ThatBronyGirl,

I'm just wondering if you're still with us, or if you lost track of the topic or something... I'm taking it a bit slow so you can follow the RP~

Edited by Zhooves
  • Brohoof 1