Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are some common misconceptions people have of you?

Shiki

A lot of my classmates believe i'm the "really quiet smart kid" when in actuality i'm just a big gamer with just a really large mind for general knowledge things. Honestly it's annoying a bit too because people are actually jealous and kinda get testy with me when i correct them on such things like location and whats what.

People thought I was a Satanist last year, but in reality, I'm a Christian.

I've also been told that I'm a violent person, when in reality, I wouldn't harm a fly.

Some people thought I was an arsonist last year because I listen to black metal. I'm afraid of fire in real life.

People always seem to think I'm a lesbian. I'm pansexual. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.

CAN I GET AN AMEN?

(*is atheist oops*)

Most pans actually have less desire to be in a relationship/have intercourse than those of other sexual orientations.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

Most people assume when they meet me I'm that one creepy girl who likes to party and has no brain to speak of. That is about as far as you can get from me!

I actually have a bit of a problem, which I won't delve into, that makes me act like who I'm not. Which is better, I suppose, since I hate how I usually am.

I mean, I'm still crazy, but I hate parties and I think doing complex Maths and reading textbooks are excellent forms of entertainment. XD

People also think I'm a "whore" (their words), but I'm really not. I apparently come off as flirty though it's not my desire to.

Edited by Petyr Baelish
  • Brohoof 1

People think I'm a person, whereas in reality I'm not. It's a huge misconception. :c

I'm an alien! Why can't you see!

Another misconception is that I'm 18. I'm actually 16.

That's pretty much it. I mean, otherwise they pretty much nail me.

Most pans actually have less desire to be in a relationship/have intercourse than those of other sexual orientations. THE MORE YOU KNOW

We asexuals/nonsexuals are just so perverted compared to you!

And this brings up another one, for me. Whenever I tell people online that I'm asexual, they usually go and think that I'm some kind of super anti-social, hater-of-all-people kind of person. In reality, no, it's not like that at all. People assume I'm against relationships completely, but no, I'm not. (Just look at my feelings for mai waifu. :3c)

• Brohoof 1

People think I'm weak and cant fight simply because I refuse to. I just don't like fighting for no good reason. In a life-or-death situation, I can hold my own. I just don't like fighting unless I need to. Although it's hard to resist the urge to hit some people with a brick. I'm more of a diplomat that could kill you with my bare hands in 10 different ways, but chooses not to.

People also think I'm strange and lonely because I have few friends. Truth is, I'd rather have a few good friends than a lot of friends that I hardly know.

People also think I'm a hateful and emo person because I like heavy metal and have long hair. Truth is, I'm like Pinkie Pie when I'm with friends: happy, funny, and energetic. My taste in music doesn't mean I'm a hateful person. Quite the contrary, I'm very happy because of it. Heavy metal is a stress reliever.

Edited by Bloo47

I usually only talk to like one person in each of my classes, and I never raise my hand to ask questions so I would assume that most people in my classes don't even know I exist. But if they do i hope I give off a good first impression.

People think I am either a right wing or a left wing nutjob when I am actually more of a libertarian, I am a right wing nutjob when I talk about abortion being an act of violence, rail against irresponsible deficit spending or talk about social programs are a scam designed to get people dependent on government so they can be controlled. I am a left wing nutjob when I say we should legalize all drugs, mind our own business overseas, and treat terrorism like a criminal justice issue instead of a military issue. and people tend to think I am at least 10 years older than I really am, I am 26 but people tend to think I am in my 30's, those are the misconceptions that come to mind right now at least.

We asexuals/nonsexuals are just so perverted compared to you!

And this brings up another one, for me. Whenever I tell people online that I'm asexual, they usually go and think that I'm some kind of super anti-social, hater-of-all-people kind of person. In reality, no, it's not like that at all. People assume I'm against relationships completely, but no, I'm not. (Just look at my feelings for mai waifu. :3c)

Er, obviously not more so than asexuals *laughs*

I'm truly hoping you're being sarcastic, because of not...wat o__o

Pansexuals are generally closer to asexuals, actually.

A load of people think that I'm foreign.

"Where are you from?" they'll say.

"I'm from America" I say.

"Did you live in Britain?"

"I've never left the country in my life."

It's quite amusing, but understandable since I typically speak in a British accent, which I acquired inadvertently from watching lots of Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and other stuff.

I think people might get the misconception from me sometimes that I don't wanna talk to them. Because alot of times I'll either be in a conversation and since I'm normally quite shy i won't talk much or I might even awkwardly walk away or something. I also may make eye contact with someone, but again I'm kinda shy so I don't always greet everyone because of that. I also suck at starting conversations, I am much more comfortable talking to people after they start the conversation, but again this can make people think I don't wanna speak to them I think.

Some people also think I'm stupid and talk to me in a way that makes me feel like they are implying I'm stupid or something. Maybe its because of how I sometimes am a bit of an awkward conversationalist.

However some people think of me as some super smart genius, which is incorrect in my eyes aswell. I really just pay attention, and am a bit book smart I guess. I'm not really smart in any other ways. And even then i'm not that smart. :P. I wouldn't make it in honors.

Some people think I'm a very cheerful person, but I can actually be quite depressed to. I just tend to smile alot :P.

Some people might think i'm a loner and some people think I just don't talk to everyone, In reality I think they're both kinda extreme. I'm not exactly a loner, I just have a hard time trusting people and I don't open up easy. And I don't really hang out with anyone probably because I'm so shy and don't have many people I'd want to hang out with. And most of the time I don't get invited to anything anyways.

But to be totally honest I can't think of anything that people have outright said that is a misconception. Unless you count being able to dance. Which was just something people started telling me after I started dancing in the stands to drum jams in stuff during games since I'm in band. Just because I danced doesn't mean I'm good at it :P.

I think thats it. Honestly I dunno how many of these would be misconceptions. And to be totally honest I'm not the best at self analysis of myself so who knows how I really am :P.

People used to think I was one of those psycho-loner guys that would one day snap & go rampage. Seriously, the thought of shooting a defenseless person? not really my style. Nah, I just hold onto that rage

Everybody thinks that I am at least 4 years younger than how old I actually am.

Everybody thinks that I'm always loud and talkative.

Everybody thinks that I am self-centered, because I don't talk to people a lot, when I'm just shy.

Everybody thinks that I'm some sort of genius, when I'm actually below basic.

People online think I'm nice and friendly, because that's how I act. I'm actually pretty selfish and asocial, but I'd rather encourage friendliness in others. IRL people think I'm boring and only interested in physics and other "dry" subjects, because I keep to myself and don't like talking with others, because I generally don't like others. Because I'm quiet and calm in any given situation and I don't show my feelings, people think I'm a meek and nice person. I don't really care what they think, anymore.

people think I'm really really smart because I wear glasses, like I'm a superhuman genius or something, people think I'm a psycho because I have a really short temper, and because I'm a pegasister, they think I'm a freakin' baby.

I have many misconceptions I imagine, primarily due to my taking an extra year of High School. This resulted in everyone I knew from my grade all going on without me to post-secondary educations, while I'm stuck back here with a load of rather undesirable students. Because of my extremely introverted attitude and disinterest in getting to know any of the people around me, I can see why I'd appear as some strange individual. Always hunched over my desk with my iPod drowning out any students' noises, wearing my usual "going-out" get-up of two jackets over-top of one another, perhaps with a sketchbook out scribbling some sketches. Often there's be a book on German military history on my desk, so, again that is another piece of material that people can judge me on, without me having said a word to them personally.

So, for the first impression I'm giving off to people isn't exactly one of the best or most desirable in the long run, but my cold and shelled off demeanor means I don't have to deal with anyone's shit! The fact that I've disappeared from all classes for over two weeks due to a bacterial infection probably doesn't help my case much either. :P

As for my friends, I've been told can look rather angered at times. Whenever I'm caught looking angry I can recall that is another moment in which I'm in deep thought. I then have to begin cheerily convincing them nothing's wrong!

I also may be in a similar position as in the sense that I get rather poor grades, yet in conversation I do not appear to be one capable of such under-achieving. I frustrate friends and family on a daily basis for my inability to get off my ass, despite my proven intellect.

So from all this, people can see me as anti-social, cold, judgmental, hateful, listless, and generally no fun to be around. I would like to think I'm none of these things though. x)

• Brohoof 3

People think I'm from England. No seriously. They think that the way I talk and the books I read reminds them of someone from England. One of these days, I'm going to ask them why.

I'm not alone in the people-think-that-I'm-from-England-but-I'm-really-not Club! :D

People sure are weird about that sort of thing. It's more understandable for me since I have an accent, but what, do people think that only the English read books? :P

People often believe my sanity is intact, which is a misconception, I am, infact insane.

People often believe I have good people skills, when I am, infact, horrible with children

People often believe I am very social, when I am infact, very lonely, much of the time. :(

People believe I'm from the southern united states very often, I don't know why since I don't have that type of accent, and I am infact from the North East united states.

People often believe I am a girl if I do not tell them I am a male beforehand. I've had people online call me "she" when I did not specify my gender or mention my personal details.

People often believe I am into sports, when infact, I do not care for sports, at all.

Edited by Suprememessage

That because of the relationship and lifestyle me and my boyfriend have I must be a pushover or brainless or that I am a doormat to walk.on, which is far from the truth.

That because I enjoy beer, cursing, metal, and bars I must be crude, when I am actually shy at times, nervous natured,friendly and caring, I just lack the ability to be subtle once I get close to someone

Most people seem to think I smoke marijuana ( on account of my long-hair and carefree demeanor ;x; ) even though I'm actually Straight-Edge (No drinking, drugs, smoking)

People seem to think I'm satanic ( because I listen to metal music and I have long hair :c ) even though I'm just atheist :U

And I'm fairly sure one of the last things crossing people's mind about me is that I'm a brony

People often think that I am just an idiot that doesn't care for anyone and that I am destined for a crappy life....it should come as no surprise that I hate where I live and want to get away ASAP.

Oh man...people think I'm a Communist monster from the Soviet Union.

They think I'm a brutal, merciless, evil being with no compassion towards anything. In Russia they think that because I acted like that for several years....

In America they think I'm a Job-stealing, Pinko, idiot with no education because I can't pronounce English very well.

I might look scary (With the beard, and tattoos, and scars.) but I have feelings....I'm compassionate and loving. I'm actually a good person, at least in my opinion. I help my friends, and I don't have a mean disposition.

I just really wish that people wouldn't judge me based on my looks.

• Brohoof 2