Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Everypony's Religion And Why?

Ezynell

What is your religion?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. What is your religion?

• Catholic
    • Orthodox
    • Protestant
    • Lutheran
    • Anglican
    • Methodist
    • Baptists
    • Unitarian/ Universalist
    • Christian (other, or general)
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Satanist
    • Reform
    • Judaism (other, or general)
    • Equestreism (or don't care)
    • Electic Pagan (added at request)
    • Wicca (added at request)
    • Jehovah's Witness (added at request)
    • Spiritual (added at request)
    • Other (quote the OP and I'll try to add it ASAP)

I'm not really into religion as a whole...

I've been a baptist before in my life though. Although I quickly dropped that since one of my older brothers Carl, was kicked out because he was a homosexual. We of course were offered to stay but seeing how one of our family members was kicked out, we left

I a bit of a mix, I don't know if there are otherworldly entities or something like that, as well as a mystical place we could go when we die but I'm heading towards atheism considering we have a lot of proof of Earth, it's beginnings and etc. The bible is a very old book with a lot of very old tales, I'm not going to believe it

That's my stance on it, I certainly respect others and their religions of course ^^

I am a Deist. I base my belief in God on philosophical theories, rather than faith and the Bible.

You see, there must be something superior to us humans. Without "God", there would be no laws, no sense of morality or real standards.

I fail to see why science and religion can't go hand-in-hand, but meh.

Religion is not my thing. It's not that I don't believe in it, it's just that who am I to tell people that they do or don't know the truth behind the universe?

Until someone can show me, with 100% certainty, proof that their religion (or lack-thereof) is the right one, I'll be putting "Jedi" on my census.

I'm a Mormon! B)

So should I just vote "Christian"? (Mormons ARE Christian, we really are!)

Yea probably. I should have added it initially in the OP, but if I add it now, It'l be at the bottom and look out of place :P

Fixed for science.

Thanks! Saved me the trouble ;)

Atheist.

I try to keep my thoughts to myself at all times.

But religious people really piss me off whenever they shove things like 'GOD HATES FAGS" "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL" down your throat.

God isn't real, hell isn't real, and If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I burn in hell, you go to heaven. End of story. I don't care.

I know I'm not a mod, but you might be acting a tad extreme here. You can't group all Catholics into Westboro Baptist church. I'm an atheist too, so we're both coming from the same side, but stereotyping is never good ;)

• Brohoof 1

I hold no verdict on what I believe because I'd like to have equal grounds with everyone and not let differences get in the way. Plus, if you embrace each others' differences, you just might be surprised to discover a way to be friends after all.

So, I chose agnostic.

Atheism.

And it's more of a belief really, I found no proof of God, so I didn't see any reason to believe in one. You know,the whole no proof of fairies therefore fairies don't exist.

And going a bit off topic here, I feel real bad for Christians. They get such a bad rap because the minorities seem to be the most vocal, which sucks. A lot. I mean moderate Christians are pretty cool, if you get to know them. Hate the fundamentalists who cram the bible in my face though. Yuck. :P

• Brohoof 1

I'd say agnostic atheist. I don't follow any religion, but I accept that when you're considering an omnipotent being, it's sort of impossible to say that it doesn't exist. It just seems unlikely.

That said, I love the way most religions are all about love and kindness. Its just the small details, like the existence of god, where we disagree :P

I'd say agnostic atheist.

but I accept that when you're considering an omnipotent being, it's sort of impossible to say that it doesn't exist. It just seems unlikely.

I may have read that wrong, but wouldn't that mean you are Agnostic Theist?

No, I'm just explaining myself very poorly, as usual :S I don't believe there is a god due to the Occam's razor thing, but it's more a 90% certain than just saying that there is definitely no god.

They get such a bad rap because the minorities seem to be the most vocal, which sucks.

Yeah, people assuming you to be a gay-hater does pretty much suck.

I wouldn't say it's so much that the minorities are the most vocal, but people and the media seem to care more about what the minorities have to say. Society also does a good job of swallowing and promoting inaccurate stereotypes.

Non-extremist Christians are very vocal, in many ways, but the media isn't going to amplify the message of a Christian pastor/priest talking about loving your neighbors when they can easily mention how [insert Baptist church pastor] was talking about how he hated gays.

Then the naive and gullible follow up by promoting these stereotypes. :P

• Brohoof 1

No against you other ponyfolk, but I can't seem to believe in a man sitting on clouds not doing anything while kids/people are suffering from disease, famine, hunger, abuse and other things. Also animals who are suffering from abuse.

• Brohoof 1

Don't use inaccurate oversimplifications, thank you very much.

Saying "No[thing] against you other ponyfolk" followed up by an oversimplifications of their beliefs is something against them. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Lemme guess, something about God supposedly giving us free will to choose between good and evil?

No against you other ponyfolk, but I can't seem to believe in a man sitting on clouds not doing anything while kids/people are suffering from disease, famine, hunger, abuse and other things. Also animals who are suffering from abuse.

Let's please not start a war in this thread everyone...

Genuinely surprised about how many athiests there are here.

• Brohoof 2

Agnosticism, simply because I do not think anypony could really know what lays beyond the skies. How do we know what's out there for sure? All documents are man-made, all religions are a man's idea. That's how I see it. My views for the afterlife? I think anything could happen, but nopony could know that for sure either. I have had quite a few "out of this world" kind of encounters, though, so I don't think that there is nothing. I also have to wonder where the particles of everything came from.

Furthermore, I also know that reality is quite subjective. A person's beliefs are what they find true. Therefore, no one person could possibly be correct or incorrect about what is real, because if it's perceived to be real by someone, then how can another argue its non-existence? That is like telling someone how to perceive in a way that isn't theirs.

Agnosticism, simply because I do not think anypony could really know what lays beyond the skies. How do we know what's out there for sure? All documents are man-made, all religions are a man's idea. That's how I see it. My views for the afterlife? I think anything could happen, but nopony could know that for sure either. I have had quite a few "out of this world" kind of encounters, though, so I don't think that there is nothing. I also have to wonder where the particles of everything came from.

Furthermore, I also know that reality is quite subjective. A person's beliefs are what they find true. Therefore, no one person could possibly be correct or incorrect about what is real, because if it's perceived to be real by someone, then how can another argue its non-existence? That is like telling someone how to perceive in a way that isn't theirs.

I can't get myself to believe that reality is that subjective. :blink:

I'm tired of this thread. The creator of this thread still hasn't added my religion in the poll. :(

With all due respect to the OP...this poll could have been much better :P

Equestrianism was also unnecessary. If someone doesn't care, then they shouldn't be postin' in this thread ;P

• Brohoof 1

I can't get myself to believe that reality is that subjective. :blink:

One person believe an omnipotent being created everything ever in the blink of an eye, the other believes a combinations of chemical reactions causing the Big Bang. Both beliefs hold little to no importance relatively, but to those two people their beliefs are true. Reality and truth is different for everyone that lives.

Lemme guess, something about God supposedly giving us free will to choose between good and evil?

Excuse me?

This thread is for talking about your beliefs, not about other peoples' beliefs. Nor is this thread about talking about your beliefs whilst knocking down others.

That's the message I was trying to convey.

There was no need for him to judge other peoples' beliefs and oversimplify them with the intention of giving an inaccurate result to further promote his own beliefs. What you mentioned is completely irrelevant.

One person believe an omnipotent being created everything ever in the blink of an eye, the other believes a combinations of chemical reactions causing the Big Bang. Both beliefs hold little to no importance relatively, but to those two people their beliefs are true. Reality and truth is different for everyone that lives.

I don't follow. Could I get away with believing that you are a robot?

I don't follow. Could I get away with believing that you are a robot?

If that's your personal belief, sure.

I guess I'm trying to get at how humans all believe different things to be truth.

Excuse me?

This thread is for talking about your beliefs, not about other peoples' beliefs. Nor is this thread about talking about your beliefs whilst knocking down others.

That's the message I was trying to convey.

There was no need for him to judge other peoples' beliefs and oversimplify them with the intention of giving an inaccurate result to further promote his own beliefs. What you mentioned is completely irrelevant.

I believe it was relevant. You're tossing out his explanation as an oversimplification without adding what somebody actually believes instead.

I take back everything I said, I believe the Big Bang happened because of a random decrease to a low entropy state of the universe. We are all the result of insane probabilities and how quantum states work.

I'm tired of this thread. The creator of this thread still hasn't added my religion in the poll. :(

quote me again and I'll go ahead and add it.