Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Prancing Pony- RP Thread

Rainbow Sparkle

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/40996-the-prancing-pony-tavern-based-social-rp/

Across the Multiverse of time and space, there is a place that exists in all places and yet seemingly nowhere. Those who know of it consider an anomaly in fabric of existence, and many have tried and failed to discover how it manages to work as it does. While none have succeeded in doing such, this has not stopped them from returning to this place of wonders.

What place do I speak of, you ask? Why, none other than the greatest and grandest Tavern in all of the cosmos-The Prancing Pony!

In the Prancing Pony, it does not matter which world you come from, what timeline you exist in, any and all who manage to find this famous refuge are welcome to come in and enjoy the wonderful food, mind boggling drinks, and the exotic entertainment from across the Multiverse!

Don't expect any of this to come cheap though! This tavern can't run just on the residual magic of the multiverse after all! (well it can, but that's beside the point) But don't let an empty purse let you down, the tavern's owner Jeeves is more than willing to exchange services for a story or two!

So come one, come all, and enjoy all that the Prancing Pony has to offer!

Warning-The  Prancing Pony is not liable for any paradoxes or time-space displacements visiting our fine establishment may cause. Side effects of visiting include possible visits from past or future selves, being turned into some strange minor eldritch abomination by the occassional visit from Discord, and a gratuitous desire to burst into song and inappropriate moments.

--------------------------

Jeeves sighed as he carefully set a glass back down on the shelf, taking a moment to briefly observe the lounge as he did so. Time was always a fickle thing here in this magical place of his, and while he knew for a fact that it was nearly morning here, it was all sorts of different times everywhere else.

Still, there weren't many customers milling about. A few regular's sat here and there across the vast main lounge, and a table of seasoned veterans were going about sharing their own exploits in there worlds with a fresh visitor to the Prancing Pony. Otherwise though, it was rather quiet.

But his fine tuned senses told him that today was going to be interesting, and perhaps even the next week or so. He kept an eye on the door, awaiting the first of what he was sure would be many new customers.

OOC: Would anyone happen to know why it keeps doing that to the OOC thread link at the top? I've tried to fix it four times now...

Edited by Rainbow Sparkle

Pripy sat in her usual place in the corner, looking about her to see if any new customers to the inn arrived. The white batwinged pegasus pony sighed heavily as she sipped on her drink thru a straw. Of course, the straw was necessary; it was almost impossible for Pripy to be able to drink here without it, as the glasses were difficult to pick up with a hoof. Pripy, short for Pripyat Pony, was no stranger to rips in the space time continuum, one of which she used to enter this bar. The first one she had encountered had led her to a strange, alternative Equestria where unicorns had discovered jewels and which was a far cry from the polluted reality of her own world. Still, this bar made a nice break. Pripy sipped again at her vodka and fruit punch as she looked towards the door as it opened. Now, this was interesting... it looked as tho somepony else had made it thru.

Draco crashed into a wall slightly "Ouch now where in the bloody blaze am I?" Draco asked aloud as he stood up. "First I was making a delivery, then I accidentally ran into a blue box which opened a portal to this inn. Well I kinda do need a break so yeah I'll stay here for abit" Draco said mostly to himself as he walked to the bar. "Uh a Hard cider please," Draco said as he ordered.

Draco crashed into a wall slightly "Ouch now where in the bloody blaze am I?" Draco asked aloud as he stood up. "First I was making a delivery, then I accidentally ran into a blue box which opened a portal to this inn. Well I kinda do need a break so yeah I'll stay here for abit" Draco said mostly to himself as he walked to the bar. "Uh a Hard cider please," Draco said as he ordered.

"Sure thing mister." Jeeves inclined his head to the red pegasus, taking a glass and pouring out some Apple Family hard cider. He passed it over to him and said "Here's your drink sonny. But it'll cost ya a story." He offers a charming smile as he adds "Since this is your first time though, it doesn't need to be anything big"

"Oh well there's nothing really to me, but the place I live trust me it's drives me bonkers," Draco said as he drank slowly. "Like this one time one of my customers unleashed  an army of parasprites onto Ponyville. Not fun for me because my home got destroyed,"

"Oh well there's nothing really to me, but the place I live trust me it's drives me bonkers," Draco said as he drank slowly. "Like this one time one of my customers unleashed  an army of parasprites onto Ponyville. Not fun for me because my home got destroyed,"

Jeeves quirks an eyebrow up at this. "Oh? You from Ponyville? Seems like half my clientele either hail from there or have spent a great deal of time there."

"An army of Parasprites? Not that sounds like a good starting point. Why don't you tell us all about it?"

As Jeeves says this, several other customers near where your sitting turn their attention to you, waiting to hear whatever adventures you've taken part in.

Pripy finished her drink and sighed. She would have to go to the bar to get another. The batwinged pegasus carefully picked up the glass in her teeth and took it to the bar. True, she'd at first had a few embarrassing accidents when she'd dropped the glass, but she'd pretty much gotten this down to a tee now.

"Another vodka and fruit punch, please," Pripy said to the barman.

~~~

In Equestria, Clover was getting frustrated. She was trying out new spells she'd invented in order to add them to her newest spell book, and this one was stubbornly refusing to work.

"One more time," she muttered, steeling herself as she prepared to try it again once more. After all, how could she add a spell which didn't work? Clover had thought about this particular spell after hearing Pripy's story; it had amazed her that there were parallell universes and that an alternative Equestria could exist, especially one so sad and polluted. Therefore, the unicorn had set to work to try and come up with a spell to cross dimensions and enter alternative worlds. She was sure that the spell would work, only... wait! That was it!

Feverishly, Clover altered just one aspect of the spell. Now it should work; she had overlooked that small part of it before, so no wonder it didn't succeed! The unicorn's horn glowed lavender, and the spell activated... Moments later, Clover found herself sitting on the floor of a strange bar, surrounded by both indifferent and curious faces. A few were ponies, others were strange creatures she'd never seen before. She got up and shakily made her way to the bar, where she could see the other ponies; Pripy, and a strange red pegasus that she didn't know. Clover came from Trottingham, and hadn't really visited any other places bar Canterlot, which was where she'd studied magic.

Draco chuckled slightly "then don't get me started on three fillies unleashing Discord either. The para sprites well wht is there to say execpt that they eat alot," Draco looked over at the bat pony holding a cup in her hand "Miss miss why don't you sit over here," He said aloud while he looked at the new one coming over "Two pretty mares here must be my lucky day" Draco said jokingly.

He sighed slightly "Any how my customer Fluttershy was her  name brought a parasprite from the Everfree forest.Then they start repopulating like crazy. Well Then my other customer Pinkie Pie  saved the day I give up trying to understand that one," Draco said as he drank the cider "Ah good apple cider,"

"Another vodka and fruit punch, please," Pripy said to the barman.

------

Feverishly, Clover altered just one aspect of the spell. Now it should work; she had overlooked that small part of it before, so no wonder it didn't succeed! The unicorn's horn glowed lavender, and the spell activated... Moments later, Clover found herself sitting on the floor of a strange bar, surrounded by both indifferent and curious faces. A few were ponies, others were strange creatures she'd never seen before. She got up and shakily made her way to the bar, where she could see the other ponies; Pripy, and a strange red pegasus that she didn't know. Clover came from Trottingham, and hadn't really visited any other places bar Canterlot, which was where she'd studied magic.

Jeeve's eyes quickly flick over to Pripy, and he replies "You still haven't paid yet. If you don't have any interesting tales to regale use with, I do take currency of any universe."

A bright flash draws his attention briefly away to the site of a white unicorn appearing out of nowhere. Frowning, he waits till she has reached the counter to say anything.

"You know, you could have just used the front door instead. I'm sure whichever universe your from has an entrance to The Prancing Pony somewhere."

Draco chuckled slightly "then don't get me started on three fillies unleashing Discord either. The para sprites well wht is there to say execpt that they eat alot," Draco looked over at the bat pony holding a cup in her hand "Miss miss why don't you sit over here," He said aloud while he looked at the new one coming over "Two pretty mares here must be my lucky day" Draco said jokingly.

He sighed slightly "Any how my customer Fluttershy was her  name brought a parasprite from the Everfree forest.Then they start repopulating like crazy. Well Then my other customer Pinkie Pie  saved the day I give up trying to understand that one," Draco said as he drank the cider "Ah good apple cider,"

"Ah, I am familiar with at least seventen variations of dear Fluttershy, and am well aquianted with even more Pinkie Pie's. I can certainly understand the sort of trouble you might have had to deal with."

"Still, perhaps its not as boring as you might think. Why not regale is with the tale anyways? Its far better than paying with coin or bills anyhow.

((OOC:Sorry I have trouble with details so bear with me here))

"Well my day started off normal which basically means fumbling out of my bed. Well I get my morning coffee which is my routine. I go out in my courier outfit which is just my delivery bag. Well I fly out the door then I hear buzzing sound. It was the bloody parasprites," Draco said as he banged his head onto the bar table. "Oh it just got better when Twilight Sparkle tried to help out by having them not like food s the parasprites switched to common things like silverware to wood," Draco explained as he sighed "I don't know why I stay in Ponyville it drives me up a wall,"

Pripy looked at the barman. "Well," she replied, "I do have a story, but I don't know whether or not it's interesting. My world runs parallell to another world, but is different. In the Equestria I know, unicorns discovered a metal called uranium and soon they used their magic to create an energy called nuclear power. This was soon used to run all of Equestria, til the main plant situated in my home town of Pripyat exploded. The unicorns all over combined their powers to protect the towns with domes, but my home town was damaged beyond repair. My clan, the batwinged pegasi, were protected by unicorn magic as we struggled to build a protective shell over the plant, and the land was given up for lost. My homeworld is still terribly polluted." She wiped away a tear as she spoke.

Still looking shellshocked, Clover approached the bar. "I don't know what happened," the unicorn said, shakily. "First I was trying out a new spell I invented... next moment, I found myself here. What is this place?"

Lingo Cider popped up from behind the counter, a thin film of sweat covering her brow. "Sorry, sorry I'm late! I got caught up watching my gender-swapped self in an alter dimension." She glanced around the bar, noticing the regulars and also some new faces. One, a pretty white mare with a mutli-colored mane, looked distraught.

"What is this place?"

Lingo smiled broadly. "Darlin', you're in The Prancing Pony! The one-of-a-kind tavern where every day is an adventure full of new ponies to meet! So sit back, relax your hooves, and let me pour you a cold one. First one's always on me!" Lingo made a move for the tap, then stopped short. "Oh, where are my manners - I'm Lingo Cider! I work here. And you are...?"

• Brohoof 1

((OOC:Sorry I have trouble with details so bear with me here))

"Well my day started off normal which basically means fumbling out of my bed. Well I get my morning coffee which is my routine. I go out in my courier outfit which is just my delivery bag. Well I fly out the door then I hear buzzing sound. It was the bloody parasprites," Draco said as he banged his head onto the bar table. "Oh it just got better when Twilight Sparkle tried to help out by having them not like food s the parasprites switched to common things like silverware to wood," Draco explained as he sighed "I don't know why I stay in Ponyville it drives me up a wall,"

Jeeves is about to say something, but suddenly an energetic Pink Pony appears out of nowhere next to draco and says "Hey, that happened in our universe too! Well, except that Twilight just zapped them all with lightning spell."

Pripy looked at the barman. "Well," she replied, "I do have a story, but I don't know whether or not it's interesting. My world runs parallell to another world, but is different. In the Equestria I know, unicorns discovered a metal called uranium and soon they used their magic to create an energy called nuclear power. This was soon used to run all of Equestria, til the main plant situated in my home town of Pripyat exploded. The unicorns all over combined their powers to protect the towns with domes, but my home town was damaged beyond repair. My clan, the batwinged pegasi, were protected by unicorn magic as we struggled to build a protective shell over the plant, and the land was given up for lost. My homeworld is still terribly polluted." She wiped away a tear as she spoke.

Still looking shellshocked, Clover approached the bar. "I don't know what happened," the unicorn said, shakily. "First I was trying out a new spell I invented... next moment, I found myself here. What is this place?"

Jeeves prepared Pripy's drink as she told the tale of her world. When she was finished, he handed her drink over.

"I'm sorry to hear about that, but buck up, I'm sure that eventually things will improve. It's not easy to make them worse than they already are anyways."

He then spares a glance towards Clover, but notices that Lingo seems to have it under control.

"Really Lingo, I know you love watching your alternate self's go about their lives, but could you at least do it during your breaks?" He says, a smirk clearly present on his face.

Draco jumpped slightly as he looked at the pink haired pony his eye twitching. It was a nervous tick whenever the mane 6 was around. "Why me, by my ancestors why me?" Draco said wwhimpering. He ordered something stronger than hard cider.

(OH god poor Draco not having the best day)

Pripy took the glass in her hoof and sipped her drink. "I hope so," she replied to Jeeves. "I hope to get help from the alternative Equestria in fixing the pollution in my own world. However, I think that coming here will help me to take my mind off things."

Clover stared at Lingo for a while, then with a start, remembered her manners. "My name's Clover," she said. "I was working out a new spell for my spell book; or rather, the one I'm working on at present. That's my special talent, you see, inventing and performing spells."

Clover stared at Lingo for a while, then with a start, remembered her manners. "My name's Clover," she said. "I was working out a new spell for my spell book; or rather, the one I'm working on at present. That's my special talent, you see, inventing and performing spells."

"Clover. What a pretty name for a pretty mare." Lingo smiled brightly and began pouring a mug of cider. "And such a talent! What was this new spell you're working on? And is Radigator Cider okay with you? It's a bit bitter, but it really grows on you. I harvested it myself."

"Thank you," Clover replied, blushing a little. "And I will try some of that cider, thanks. I was working on a spell to cross into parallell universes, like the one Pripy comes from. It went a little wrong, I think, cuz I ended up here. I think that there's a way of fixing the pollution in Pripy's world, but I'll have to work on it a bit more. And definitely perfect this spell!"

"Pollution, eh?" Lingo looked over at the white bat-winged pony. "Yikes. It must be pretty bad...but you seem like a smart little cookie; I have faith you'll do some amazing things." Lingo winked as she slid the foamy cup of cider to Clover. "Let me know what you think. And if your vision gets blurry or you start puking blood, let me know...the radigators I got this from looked a little sick."

"Thank you," Clover replied, blushing a little. "And I will try some of that cider, thanks. I was working on a spell to cross into parallell universes, like the one Pripy comes from. It went a little wrong, I think, cuz I ended up here. I think that there's a way of fixing the pollution in Pripy's world, but I'll have to work on it a bit more. And definitely perfect this spell!"

"What steps did you use in the casting? Transdimensional teleporting is tricky business, if your not careful you could land up someplace you'd really wish you'd never even discovered." Jeeves said as he gathered up a harder drink for Draco.

"By the way, usual price for a drink here is a story. Got any worth sharing?"

"Pollution, eh?" Lingo looked over at the white bat-winged pony. "Yikes. It must be pretty bad...but you seem like a smart little cookie; I have faith you'll do some amazing things." Lingo winked as she slid the foamy cup of cider to Clover. "Let me know what you think. And if your vision gets blurry or you start puking blood, let me know...the radigators I got this from looked a little sick."

Jeeves frowned at Lingo, and said "If you gave her a bad drink, your cleaning up the mess afterwards." He thinks for a moment, and then adds "And you'll also have to go entertain our friend up in the third floor closet."

Draco jumpped slightly as he looked at the pink haired pony his eye twitching. It was a nervous tick whenever the mane 6 was around. "Why me, by my ancestors why me?" Draco said wwhimpering. He ordered something stronger than hard cider.

(OH god poor Draco not having the best day)

"Hey, are you okay? What's got you so down?" Pinkie asked, peering at you through your glass.

Clover took Jeeves thru the steps of her spell as she cautiously sipped her drink. It seemed alright, so she relaxed.

"Well," she said, "I do have a story, actually. It's how I got my cutie mark. It happened when I was only a filly and my friend and I skipped class to go and explore the Everfree Forest. You see, we both had blank flanks and wanted to get our cutie marks and we thought that maybe we could get them by exploring. We saw another filly in front of us but could never catch up to her; eventually we came to a strange town right in the middle of the forest. The weirdest thing about this town was that the ponies there had no cutie marks!"

"We stayed there a little while and something terrible happened; the townsponies burned this poor filly, the one we'd seen earlier, as a witch after she got her cutie mark. They thought it was a mark of witchcraft. The filly's mother, Mitta, took us to her house to save us from the townsponies who had all turned into horrible zombies. The next day, however; everything was back to normal. The town was in a time loop, you see, and it had started all over again. My friend and I were determined to save the filly so we left the town and went back to Trottingham to come up with a plan. I decided to see if I could invent a spell to levitate the filly up so that my friend Stargazer, a pegasus, could catch her. Stargazer didn't think that she could hold the filly Ruby for long tho, so we enlisted two more friends of ours to help; Lightning, a pegasus colt and Glory, a unicorn.

"After a lot of work, I managed to come up with both a levitation spell and a fog spell. We all went back to the strange town and after we put our plan into action, we all ran to Mitta's house. Soon after we got there with Ruby, my cutie mark appeared. It seemed my talent was making and carrying out spells! We took Mitta and Ruby back to Trottingham with us when we left. I invented some more spells and my parents suggested that I go to Canterlot to study magic after leaving school."

Pripy glanced at Lingo. "I hope that Clover can come up with something, too," she said to the other pony. "I mean, the whole of Equestria save the towns is a polluted wasteland and the weather is haywire, as well. It's really difficult to control it and we had to rebuild Cloudsdale as a fortress so that it wouldn't get torn down again. It's just so strange to come to Clover's Equestria and see how things are so different there. There's feather winged pegasi there, and it's clean everywhere. It's just amazing that our two worlds are so different, and due only to one little thing."

"Sorry alot of things have happened that left me mentaly scarred from the experiences," Draco said as he knocked back another drink. He looked at Pinkie Pie "Your one of my customers in my universe and still bubbly as her. I've really had to use different tactics to suprise you," Draco said to the pink maned pony.

-snip-

Lingo let out a long, slow whistle. "That's quite a tale, darlin'. I like visiting new places and all, but I think I'll be staying out of your world until you fix the pollution problem. But you can cool your pretty little hooves here! No pollution, no crazed mobs of zombies- well, most of the time." Her face strained to form a smile. "So how's that cider treating you? I don't see blood coming out of your eyes, so I think you'll be okay..."

Pripy merely shrugged at the mention of pollution. "It's not all bad," she said. "You'd be perfectly safe if you teleported underneath one of the domes. In any case, I do plan to fix things there if I can, altho Clover's Equestria is certainly a very pleasant place to be."

Clover sipped her drink again. In reply to Lingo, she smiled and said, "It's fine, thanks. Much better than the cider we get at home in Trottingham, altho the cider that we can get from Sweet Apple Acres in Ponyville takes some beating."

-snip-

"Oh, them Sweet Apple Acres ponies think they're such hot stuff...tell ya' what can't be beat? A foamy mug of radigator cider with crushed dragon scales on top and a spritz of the hard stuff to make your tummy all warm and fuzzy. Mm-mmm, I make great drinks even in other universes!" Lingo laughed happily. "Ooohh...so anyways, you two. Now that you're here, why don't you mingle about some and make some new friends before you go back home?"

Draco looked at the two conversating ponies "Hey don't diss my customers," Draco said as he drank his cider slowly. "I deliver their best stock just for their cider you know. Heck that's how I got thise scar," Draco said as he showed a jagged scar  on the side of his neck.