does bigfoot exist?

Thundershock

okay so when i made my alien topic, i decided to make a bigfoot topic. ill probaly start making alot of topics about mythical creatures. unless thats againist the rules. if it is, one of the royal guards or allicorns tell me that. thanks! anyways, BIGFOOT EXISTS!!! seriously, he exists. there is so much proof that it would be hard to say he doesnt exist. so write your thoughts, like, do you think he exists, or if YOU have seen evidence. thanks!

There is no scientific backing for the story of big foot. For the same reason I believe in no God, lack of evidence, he does not exist.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I kind of believe in Big foot/The Sasquatch.

I mean, what's so special about a bipedal primate living in North America :P

And look at the Okapi, it was thought to be a legend until it was actually proven to exist.

• Brohoof 2

I really don't think he does. Most of the information I've seen on him appears to be biased. "Oh, we found a paw print. It must be Bigfoot!" Then there's that show, Finding Bigfoot, where it's just an hour of them in the woods at night, talking, and hearing noises and saying that they're Bigfoot.

Personally, I think if there's more than one Bigfoot (If 2 Bigfoots got together, reproduced, and had offspring), we would have found one by now. If there's just one Bigfoot, and there's only ever been one Bigfoot, he's either long dead, or he doesn't exist. There's no way he'd be able to live as long as the story of Bigfoot's been around.

Edited by Betez
  • Brohoof 3

I want him to exist, but I doubt it.

He's just too darn cool of a creature. He exists to me in the sense that Santa Claus exists. Once something becomes so ingrained in pop culture and society it does kind of have a life of it's own. Maybe not physically but he has enough a following to say he has some kind of presence.

• Brohoof 2

Well there has been no scientific evidence and the only clues we have are crappy videos that are horribly out of focus. So, no, I don't think he exists, but if you want to take a picture of a big hairy bipedal creature in North America, I'm free this Sunday  :P

Edited by Lando
  • Brohoof 3

I like to believe that a Bigfoot still exists. Notice I say still because of the theory that it could be the extinct Great Ape that lived in china? Though some areas I think its just false sightings.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's plausible, but not likely. Canada and the northern US definitely have enough wilderness to support a breeding population of large primates, but one would think we'd have found more evidence of them by now.

Of course, they could be very secretive, and most primates are intelligent to some degree, so perhaps they're even better at hiding than most other creatures?

Anyway, I don't think they exist, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

• Brohoof 2

I am very skeptical when it comes to stuff like this due to all the so-called "pictures" that people seem to take that always seems to be conveniently blurry

I am going to have to say no for now

• Brohoof 2

It's just a huge ape...really not that interesting to me.

Just kidding....I don't believe in him (kinda) but it is interesting. But it never seems to make any noises.

• Brohoof 1

Why do all those photographs that's often presented as evidence that bigfoot exist always be blurry and shaky? Can't those bigfoot chasers afford a better camera? Do they have parkinson's?

wKpGu.jpg

Look at his smug face

A brohoof to anyone who can see the small easter egg

Until we have something more believable than some extremely amateur photographs, these tall monkeys are humans with costumes.

Those who said that "there is no evidence that bigfoot doesn't exist" should be drowned in nearby lake and taught the basic human logic.

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I do not believe in Bigfoot.

However, I hope he exists.

"Why?" is a question you might ask.

I want Bigfoot to be real so one of these days and scares the [crap] out of one (or more) of those people that have those Bigfoot Hunting shows. I want to see that so bad.

• Brohoof 2

One explanation for the blurriness is that people just happen upon him or see him from a long way off. He's reported as being easil startled, so one can't just sit there while lining up the perfect camera shot, you have to pull out whatever camera you have and snap a photo or shoot film ASAP.

Also, not many people out in the woods like that bring along high quality cameras, so even if Bigfoot sat around and posed for them, it wouldn't be very good quality.

Not saying that means he's real, only that demanding high quality photos isn't very practical.

Also, somebody skilled with photoshop can do pretty much anything, so even a crystal clear shot of Bigfoot wouldn't mean a lot.

Personally, I'm waiting for good DNA evidence of an unidentified primate to be found.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 2

Bigfoot DNA Link

There were other suggestions that DNA could prove the existence of Bigfoot--TECHNICALLY we won't know. As for that "blurry" video it wasn't originally blurry--it's only very blurry because it has been copied--the copy has been copied, and that copy has been copied.

Another Bigfoot DNA suggestion lik

Now--no "true" scientific suggestion--maybe. Once the article is released we'll know more. But for now I'd like to say yes there is a bigfoot.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I kind of believe in Big foot/The Sasquatch.

I mean, what's so special about a bipedal primate living in North America :P

And look at the Okapi, it was thought to be a legend until it was actually proven to exist.

Same goes for the Panda Bear and Gorilla. I see no reason why it can't exist.

There is a lot of good proof that it might and I think it's fully possible. But even I must admit that a lot of Bigfoot shows embellish things to the extreme: 

"Oh, these leaves are rustled up, must be Bigfoot" or "I just heard a howl in the woods, must be Bigfoot and totally not a coyote".

Yet even if you take out all of the unprofessional things, there's still quite a lot of evidence that I could buy. Here's a good example: one time I was watching a show about Bigfoot (Not one of the crappy hunting ones, but just a documentary) and it had an interview with some guys from Canada. Every summer they would go up to a hunting cabin they had for a week to fish, hunt, ect. But every time they went up there the place was trashed, the door was broken in, and their food was raided. They thought it might have been bears or some other animal so they set up a trap in front of their door: a piece of plywood with nails in it (pointy ends up). Hopefully the animal would step on it, and it would deter it from going into the cabin.

So they put it there, came back a year later, and their cabin was fine. They went to look at the plywood, and there was a giant bloody footprint on it about 12 inches long. On the documentary, they took some hair that was matted on the nails with blood and sent it to a lab to be examined. The results came back and it turned out that the hair had primate DNA in it although they could not identify any known primate.

So yeah, I just thought that was a kinda cool story :)

• Brohoof 2

I remember seeing that on Monsterquest. ^

I love that show, though it decline quite a bit after season 1, they kinda ran out of cool cryptids that have sufficient information about them.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

I remember seeing that on Monsterquest. ^

I love that show, though it decline quite a bit after season 1, they kinda ran out of cool cryptids that have sufficient information about them.

oh god i loved that show

me and my dad kind of joke about it, they would spend the hole show looking for said creature and would never find anything, it was still an interesting show

as for the topic of big foot, yeah i think he exists

Sure, why not? There is a possibiltiy that there is a giant mountain ape living next to our towns. Or it could just be a a really tall guy that likes to hike in a fur ghillie suit. Anything is possible but what is more likely will always be more widely accepted. So...maybe.