Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How dumb are The Wonderbolts?

sampsoninc916

I've watched the latest episode, and its good that their keeping the continuity of Rainbow Dash wanting to be a Wonderbolt, but how dumb are the Wonderbolts? Apparently Spitfire has wings, and yet somehow she didn't even know that Lightning Dust was being reckless and violent until Rainbow Dash told her about it. Don't the Wonderbolts have security to make sure no one cheats or becomes violent, or does Spitfire just stay on top of that colossal mountain plateau, waiting for the team to come back and time them? I mean, the whole episode had a Top Gun vibe to it, and that is a classic 80s movie. And yet Equestria, heck the pony world to be honest, does not have security camera technology to make sure nopony does anything wrong? So do you really think the whole lesson this episode is giving is if you notice that someone is doing something wrong or even breaking the rules, that you should tell someone you trust, like for Rainbow Dash, it's Spitfire?

Edited by sampsoninc916

It's easy for a coach/instructor to fall in love with effort. Lightning Dust showcased a lot of her effort and it yielded good results despite the amount of trouble it caused other ponies. I think that blinding could attribute to Spitfire's lack of awareness to what was really going on between Dash and Dust as a result.

• Brohoof 9

The lesson seemed to be more about how it is great to push your limits and do your best, but not to the point where it endangers yourself and others. I don't think Equestria is at the security camera level yet with regards to technology, but I did find it bizarre that no staff member seemed to notice or care about Lightning Dust's actions until Rainbow finally couldn't take it anymore and blew up at Spitfire.

I feel they are dumb for the general fact that it would be an honer to have rainbow dash as part of the wonderbolts, I mean yea proper training is key but let's see here

- She has helped save equestria about 4 times, possibly more

- Only pony to pull off a sonic rainboom

- Saved their rumps at the flyers competition 

If this is not enough to warrant acceptance into the wonderbolts, then....pray tell, what is?

Edited by Marco23p ~ Ace Attorney
  • Brohoof 2

Well, technically, she didn't cheat, and Spitfire didn't say that she was against using the twister, it's just that she was against ponies getting hurt, so even if there was security or something, it wouldn't have necessarily mattered.

• Brohoof 2

From the look of the episode, when Lightning was being reckless, Spitfire had no idea.  When they blasted through during the obstacle course, she couldn't see them (I'm guessing), when the tornado happened she was busy inside.  Either that or she was just blinded in how Lightning continued to go above and beyond.

• Brohoof 3

I feel they are dumb for the general fact that it would be an honer to have rainbow dash as part of the wonderbolts, I mean yea proper training is key but let's see here

- She has helped save equestria about 4 times, possibly more

- Only pony to pull off a sonic rainboom

- Saved their rumps at the flyers competition 

If this is not enough to warrant acceptance into the wonderbolts, then....pray tell, what is?

Discipline, dedication, and the will to improve every day. The Wonderbolts are professionals, not amateurs. They are the equivalent to a professional football team trying to make it to the big dance, but this requires teamwork, focus, individual prowess, and a lot of commitment to what you do. As a varsity athlete myself, it's not enough that you have a lot of talent. Lots of ponies have a lot of talent. The ones that truly stand out from the crowd are the ones that can truly shine by having a very strong ethic and the desire to be a true team player. Fortunately for Rainbow, she has the foundation to be great, but she needs to prove it first.

• Brohoof 7

Well I don't think they're being dumb really, its just that all the times where Lightning dust did things that where reckless spitfire wasn't able to catch them in the act because when they cut the other racers they probably we're moving to fast to tell, plus it seemed like it was so far away for her to see anyways.

And she was inside during the tornado, so that explains that one.

Also i think the lessons more straightforward as in you can push yourself but don't push yourself to the point that you can hurt someone/your being reckless.

Thanks again, for giving me great answers. I did, however, upload the Fluttershy Bronystate chat reactions to YouTube, if you can search for them.

Thanks again, for giving me great answers. I did, however, upload the Fluttershy Bronystate chat reactions to YouTube, if you can search for them. Oh, actually, here's the link to the chat reactions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafQEFkCJuo

I there was 'security' there wouldn't have been much of an episode.

I am I the only who was wandering what happened to Spitfires voice??

I was wondering as well spitfires voice sounds much younger then it used too but I didn't really think anything of it. Maybe it was because she was shouting most of the time.

I there was 'security' there wouldn't have been much of an episode.

I am I the only who was wandering what happened to Spitfires voice??

I was wondering as well spitfires voice sounds much younger then it used too but I didn't really think anything of it. Maybe it was because she was shouting most of the time.

She was voiced by a different person. In seasons 1 and 2, she's voiced by Maryke Hendrikse. In this episode, it was Kelly Metzger.

• Brohoof 1