Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash is my new favorite...

Titan Rising

The passed two episodes just made me think Rainbow Dash is just the best you know..?  I mean she was just so good to Scootaloo and the recent wonderbolt episode just showed me that she wants to push herself to be the best she can be for the right reasons

And it just got to me on some level...  Rainbow Dash, I salute you.

I'm sorry Applejack and Fluttershy you're gonna have to move over, because now there's a three way tie between the best pony

Did anyone else think that Rainbow Dash became +20% cooler over the passed couple episodes?

• Brohoof 25

Dash is probably still my least favourite character, but that's mostly because of fan content that makes her look pretty bad (I still like her, I just like the other ponies more).

However, with the new episode out I like her a lot more because it showed that she has good morals, and of course is loyal. I didn't like Sleepless in Ponyville that much though.

Well, she definately moved up on my favourite pony list... She has a lot of good traits, the last few episodes just showed that. Her life is alot of fun, and she is alot of fun herself. 10/10 would friend :P

• Brohoof 3

Applejack is still my favorite but Rainbow Dash does seem to be getting better and better as a character, be proud Dash fans your pony just got 20% cooler.

• Brohoof 6

YEA! Everyone jump on the Rainbow Dash bandwagon now!

But yea, ever since I've liked Scootaloo (basically forever lol) I've had a soft spot for Dash because of Scootalove.

She isn't my favorite, though.

How could you say Rainbow Dash is worse than Rarity????!?  I am appalled by the very thought...  And that's also why I don't go near all that weird brony fan stuff lol

But Rarity is like my second favourite pony... :/ (In the mane 6 of course.)

Rarity needs her own episode this season, so far there hasn't been one announced.

@@Concord,

Yes.  One of the things I like most about Rainbow Dash is her ability to have fun and her love of life.  I used to kinda think she wanted to be the best she could be just to gloat or whatever, but now...  now...  I'm so sorry, please forgive me Rainbow Dash!@

She is truly an inspiration, everyone should try to be more like her

@,

Yes...  Maybe Rarity needs some time to grow...  If she got an episode where she stopped being afraid of getting a little messy then maybe I could better understand why you like her more than Rainbow Dash...

But until then...

Why would anyone possibly like her more than Rainbow Dash?!???

Edited by Hollowshield

Why would anyone possibly like her more than Rainbow Dash?!???

We could go in to the whole different people, different tastes thing but when it gets down to it, it's because she's just better :P

RD is getting better though.

Edited by Turpow
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, Rainbow Dash is starting to climb up on my favorites list,

I would have to say she is pretty much coming close to the number two slot on my faves list with the way she handled that tornado situation in Wonderbolts Academy and how she took Scootaloo under her wing in Sleepless in Ponyville

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to Club Rainbow Dash!  I'm very happy that you have recently grown to like the most awesome of all ponies.  

I wonder if others will see the light...

Well I always liked her and thought she was awesome...  But she never had the redeeming quality it takes to become *favorite*

UNTIL NOW....

We could go in to the whole different people, different tastes thing but when it gets down to it, it's because she's just better :P

BLASPHEMY~!~  DIRTY! FILTHY!  BLASPHEMY

• Brohoof 1

Welcome to the best pony club good sir!  Rainbow Dash is my favorite; not due to her overrated side and merchandise, but her awesomeness in general.  I wish she wasn't probably the most popular because I'm a bit hipster but I couldn't help but like her the most.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow is still my second to least favorite of the mane 6(Sorry Rarity.). I don't know what it is, but I don't like her as much as the others. Twilight has always been my favorite, with Fluttershy at second, Applejack at third, Pinkie at fourth, Rainbow at fifth, and Rarity dead last at sixth.

Edited by Brosparkles

Yup. Rainbow Dash is officially my new 2nd favorite pony (sorry Twilight). 

Seriously, I didn't like RD much at all before around the end of season 2, where I started noticing how awesome she was. She still hadn't proven herself until the last two episodes, which prove how much she has grown as a character. She just seems to have matured so much (heck, I could see some complaining that she's matured TOO much) and it makes me appreciate her way more. The moment where she told off Spitfire at the end of Wonderbolts Academy had to be the most character defining moment of the series ever. That entire episode displayed how much she's grown, particularly when she felt bad about following Lightning Dust and putting all of the other flyers in danger. Pre-season 1/even 2 Rainbow Dash probably would've thought that would be an awesome idea.

Long story short, I applaud the writers for taking a character I never really cared for and making me adore her. 

Rarity is still best however. 

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 2

Rainbow is still my second to least favorite of the mane 6(Sorry Rarity.). I don't know what it is, but I don't like her as much as the others. Twilight has always been my favorite, with Fluttershy at second, Applejack at third, Pinkie at fourth, Rainbow at fifth, and Rarity dead last at sixth.

That's ok, as long as Rarity is behind Rainbow Dash in the rankings everything is OK and the world is still in harmony

Rarity is still best however. 

?!?!!?!?!?  What the deuce??

Correction, Dashie has always been your favorite, you've only just now realized it.

I'm immensely happy that the show is once again portraying the softer, more caring side of her, as well, so that some people can make these connections and think 'well shit, maybe she isn't just a bully/bitch/over insulting term'.

• Brohoof 6

Rainbow Dash is quite the round, dynamic sort of character. Fierce, loyal, and headstrong while still having a sweet, devoting heart, what's there not to love about Dashie?

While Rainbow Dash didn't catch my attention as quickly as Applejack or Twilight, she certainly become one of my favorites. Loyalty is always a strong, valuable trait, and Rainbow Dash is just the perfect pony to wield such an element. Nopony's perfect, and we see that Rainbow has her insecurities (stage fright, not wanting others to know she like reading, etc.) but the traits that she does possess are wonderful. The recent episodes shows both heart, and righteousness. She's the prefect older sister figure for scoot. And turning down her chance, or rather, her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt to stand up for her principles? Truly admirable; a feat that some adults can't even perform. Defending Fluttershy's honor at flight camp against bullies is another instance where Dash shows her loyalty, and the episode with Tank just brings a tear to my eye.  

Rainbow Dash is simply great. A strong pony equipped with all the traits that everypony admires, it's no wonder why she's a fan-favorite. The epitome of awesome, the embodiment of radical, the definition of cool, Rainbow Dash.  :wub:

• Brohoof 7

My (and a lot of other people's) opinion!? 

I could rant on and on why Rarity takes MY PERSONAL best pony spot IN MY OPINION, but that's not the point of this thread.  :P Just because you don't think she's as good as another pony in YOUR opinion, doesn't mean she's automatically worse than said pony and that you have the right to state this as a fact   <_<

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, Dashie definitely got a more respective audience with this last two episodes. She even showed a lot of her loyalty! Some people think that Dash is a jerk (especially after seeing Mysterious Mare Do Well and her behavior in the Crystal Empire). But I think these episodes have eased some bronies. Honestly, I liked Dashie even before these episodes came out, but now I give her a bit more respect. :3

Good to see Rainbow Dash showing off some of her soft side to Scootaloo. It was really sweet. :) Once you get to know RD, she's a pretty cool mare! And yeah, she has definitely got 20% cooler. ;)

• Brohoof 4

Rainbow Dash is a character whom I have mixed feelings about. I really dislike how arrogant she is (most notably in Mare Do Well), however, I agree with the OP that she got some fantastic character development in the two most recent episodes (as well as Read it and Weep).

Overall, she's either my third or fourth favorite of the mane six as of now. (I can never seem to come up with an order that I can keep.)

• Brohoof 1

We've seen a massive amount of character development from Rainbow Dash since the first time we met her way back in Season 1.

Actually recognizing when some of the stunts she pulls are endangering herself and others? Actually having the self-confidence to back up her brash, cocky exterior? Standing up to authority even when her career and dreams are on the line? These would have been unthinkable for Season 1 Dash.

It makes me glad that the show is letting us see the growth of all the characters as time passes by and doesn't simply maintain the status quo. It makes me feel like I'm a part of their lives, and it helps me empathize with them and care for them.

I don't like shows that never change anything. It makes me become apathetic towards the characters, since I know that by the next episode, everything will all be back the way it was; like how Spongebob never succeeds in getting his driver's license.

So a big salute to the writers of Friendship is Magic! Keep up the good work, the quality writing, and the coherence of the continuity!

....Rainbow Dash still can't replace Trixie as the pony in my heart though.

• Brohoof 4

Whooo boy, if I could tell you ALL about why I like Rarity enough to be my fav pony, you wouldn't know the end of it for sure! :lol:

HOWEVER, she ties in 4th along with the rest of the mane 6 and Trixie (but below Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike/Princess Celestia, 1, 2 and 3rd tied respectively), and whenever I see people about complaining about Dash, I'll defend that pegasus to hell and back. In every episode so far from Rainbow Dash, they have shown something different from her personality, even where she doesn't exactly star.

Is she a braggart? Yes. Can she be egotistical sometimes? Yes. Can she be reckless? Yes. However.

Is she one of the best pegasus ever? Yes. Does she stick up to her friends? Yes. Is she loyal to her morals? Yes. Can she take up on the role of a big sister when a little filly needed it? Yes, yes, and more yes. Dash deserves any appreciation for sure. :)

OH, and newsflash Hollowshield. If you didn't realize, Rainbow cares about her image as much as Rarity does and has shown as much jealousy as Rarity has, the only difference being the subtlety each showed for those. :lol:

• Brohoof 4