• Sorcerer's Stone/Philosopher's Stone
    • Chamber of Secrets
    • Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Goblet of Fire
    • Order of the Phoenix
    • Half-Blood Prince
    • Deathly Hallows pt.1
    • Deathly Hallows pt.2

Which Harry Potter book do you think is the best in the series? Which movie do you think is the best?

My favorite book is Half-Blood Prince. I thought it was awesome how they showed Voldemort's backstory and stuff.

My favorite movie is probably Deathly Hallows pt.2. The scene near the end with Snape is amazing.

• Brohoof 1

You know I hear a lot of complaining about The Order of the Phoenix. It did start slowly but it might be my favorite. It introduced Luna, had a lot of the Weasley Twins,began Neville's transformation into a bamf (The kid tried to attack Bellatrix without a wand for crying out loud!) and had a great scene towards the end in The Ministry. The Prisoner of Azkaban and Half Blood Prince are close behind and tied for second.

I can't really decide for the movies so I just chose Prisoner of Azkaban since I remember particularly enjoying that one.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

You know I hear a lot of complaining about The Order of the Phoenix. It did start slowly but it might be my favorite. It introduced Luna, had a lot of the Weasley Twins,began Neville's transformation into a bamf (The kid tried to attack Bellatrix without a wand for crying out loud!) and had a great scene towards the end in The Ministry.

The Prisoner of Azkaban and Half Blood Prince are close behind and tied for second.

I can't really decide for the movies so I just chose Prisoner of Azkaban since I remember particularly enjoying that one.

Yeah I liked Order of the Phoenix a lot. I felt like the movie was really rushed though, since the book was so long. They could only fit like 10% of the book into the movie lol

Prisoner of Azkaban was definitely a great movie. I always hear a lot of people say that was their favorite.

Edited by Master RD92
  • Brohoof 1

Never read any of the books, but i heard that many friends say half blood prince is the best book, so i'll vote for them ^_^

Now, the movie is definately the philosopher's stone. Everything began with this movie, though the acting wasn't that great (11 year olds...) the whole plot was very interesting. The movie was warm to me and i especially loved the "Shopping" part of the movie ^_^ Don't ask why... I just love it :P The first part will always stay a classic.

• 3 weeks later...

This forgotten little thread ;_; Harry Potter is so underrated on MLPforums, but then again, it's MLPforums. ^_^

My favorite HP book was a tie between Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince, but honestly I love them all.

Favorite movie is Deathly Hallows Part 2, because Snape. :D

I also like the Order of the Phoenix. Contrary to most people, I like Umbridge, and Imelda Stauton's acting was magnificent in the films. 

• Brohoof 3

Prisoner of Azkaban on both. I quite enjoyed how it strayed away from having Voldemort (I like how my phone accepts that as a word.) as the villain. It also introduced Sirius, one of my favorite characters, ( the others being Ron and Luna) and Lupin, who is my favorite Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. All of this makes Prisoner of Azkaban my favorite, though I love all the books and movies and I have read/seem them all.

• Brohoof 1

I think the best book was The Chamber Of Secrets. I'm up to the Prisoner of Azkaban with reading, but i haven't really had the time to finish it.

Movie....Hm, lets see. I haven't seen the movies for a while, and im pretty lost on which one im up to xD I'm pretty sure i'm up to The Order of the Phoenix.

Fav movie I think is probably...goblet of fire. :D

Edited by CoolnessAwesomenessRadness

Either the first one, the 4th one, or the last one. The first one I feel is really the most magical, the 4th one is just plain awesome, and the last one I feel has the best plot and sums it all up quite nicely.

I chose Half Blood Prince as my favorite book. I like it because I feel that it has the most slice-of-life Hogwarts in it.

Seven Part 2 won my vote via pure epicness.

On the other end of the spectrum, Goblet of Fire, while the book was awesome, had the worst movie adaptation.

• Brohoof 3

My favorite book was definitely Prisoner of Azkaban. Lupin was awesome, it introduced the dementors, and it was the only one not about Voldemort. It was so good and so well written that it made my mom cry (we read it together when I first read it). It was awesome :wub: Honorable mention goes to the Half-Blood Prince, because, although it lacked in action and major advancement of the overall plotline, it had a great deal of characterization and it touched on the daily lives of the students more, which I enjoyed. In fact I read that book a good 5-6 times.

My favorite movie was the Sorcerer's Stone because I didn't like many of the decisions the directors made after the third film, and the first film set the tone of the entire series. It was awesome.

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 2

The best book in my opinion is the Chamber of Secrets. I don't really know why, but I just loved that one the most. Hah, I remember reading it all night, and when I finally fell asleep I dreamt that Draco Malfoy stole some important book. I woke up from the dream and ran to my moms bedroom and started mumbling about that book, because I thought that the dream was real, hah. My mom got pretty upset that I woke her up. ^-^

The best movie is the first one. Don't quite know why on this one either, it's just the best in my opinion.

Edited by Shaky Novel

I honestly can't decide. I read all of the books and watched all of the movies, and I love all of them. They are all absolutely excellent. 

I'm not sure about the books, I haven't read the last two, I saw the movies instead. About the movies, Chamber of Secrets wins easily for me

I'm not sure about the books, I haven't read the last two, I saw the movies instead. About the movies, Chamber of Secrets wins easily for me

Dude...read the last two books. The movies leave out soooo much important information. Especially Half-Blood Prince, which in my opinion is the best book, but also the worst movie.

• 5 months later...

I enjoyed the novel Goblet of Fire the most. I guess it just felt the most normal; no one thought Harry was evil or whatever, Voldemort wasn't hanging around for most of the novel, and it introduced some important characters. As for movies, Azkaban is my favorite because it was so well distilled from the source material (Azkaban is my 2nd favorite book, btw).

• Brohoof 1

This is such a hard question ;(

I have to say my favorite book is probably the Goblet of Fire. I thought the Tri-wizard Tournament was plain epic and the last few chapters of the book had me on the edge of my seat. But, the Deathly Hallows was a nice ending to the series even though half of it was an extremely long camp-out.

My favorite movie would have to be the Deathly Hallows part 2 because it was such an AWESOME end to the movie/series and the end was amazing. But, again the Goblet if Fire was awesome!

But, I love all of the books and movies so much ;_;

• Brohoof 1