Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Build-A-Bear Pony Plushies

Lady Leopardess

They look... Okay I guess. I've never been to Build-a-Bear but if it's for mlp, then I'm willing to make me a Rainbow Dash. But apparently in the UK they are only going to be available in Cainbridge, which sucks because I live nowhere near Cainbridge. sad.png

You mean "Cambridge"?

Even though I'm lucky enough to live near Cambridge, I don't really want one. What is with Hasbro in making their toys of ponies look as awkward as possible?

As long as it has similar colors to the Mane 6, a cutie mark somewhere on them, kids will want them.  Yeah...that's not what they said but it sure seems like it.  It's the older audiences that want show accuracy more than the kids....

I went into Build a Bear in Manchester today and I saw one of each on display... They look AMAZING!! I'm so excited, Ii was dead cert I wanted Rainbow Dash but now I've seen how adorable Pinkie is I kinda want her too. Ugh descisions!!!

Pinkie's hair is kind of thin, but otherwise they look pretty good. Also, Pinkie kind of looks like a pink pig plushie to me. But who the hay cares? ME WANT.

I wanna put the Smile Song in Pinkie! I hope you can record a sound for 3ish minutes. If not I'm gonna put the "Assaulting with cake" quote in her :3

Build-A-Pony?

More money for Hasbro...

and happiness for bronies everywhere! XD

= win-win.

They better have Princess Luna plushies....! -.-      If not then..... KSFJ)ISJFIPOSDO MEH!

~Luna

Oh how cute! I think they look pretty good and pretty show-accurate, but the Mane and Tail look less than expected... I'm thinking that if I decide to get one of these ponies that I'll have to sew on my own, better mane/tail.

When will the rest of the Mane 6 be released?!?! I want to see the full awesomeness laugh.png

I really hope they do all the mane six. I would love to have a Fluttershy and Applejack. I may pick up a pinkie pie, I'm not sure, I want to see more pictures first, not to mention well monies. I also have vowed to not bring home any more stuffed animals until we decided if we are moving or not. the last thing we need is more stuff to move :P

Build-A-Bear My little Ponies?!?! And PINKIE PIE is one of them?! OMGGG! -faints-

-quickly gets up and runs to the site to check for any listings, see the quality, and possible prices-

(edited)

I just got back from BAB!

I got a Dashie.

The staff were really nice, they liked my Rainbow Dash t shirt! laugh.png

They were wearing RD shirts too! cool.png

The toy is very good quality.

I put an MLP theme sound-chip in mine. It's the FiM theme! (Season 2 version to be exact!)

Here's my little Dashie!

img-1326812-1-image1swp.jpg

I then went into the nearby Apple store, put on Magical Mystery Cure on a MacbookPro then left! derpy_emoticon2.png  img-1326812-2-clear.png

Edited by MrBaBa
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

That's awesome, dude!

I just got back from BAB!

I got a Dashie.

The staff were really nice, they liked my Rainbow Dash t shirt! img-1326812-1-laugh.png

They were wearing RD shirts too! img-1326812-2-cool.png

The toy is very good quality.

I put an MLP theme sound-chip in mine. It's the FiM theme! (Season 2 version to be exact!)

Here's my little Dashie!

img-1326812-1-image1swp.jpg

I then went into the nearby Apple store, put on Magical Mystery Cure on a MacbookPro then left! img-1326812-4-derpy_emoticon2.png  img-1326812-2-clear.png

Anyways, I might lure my sister into buying Pinkie Pie for me, considering she knows I love MLP. :U

Edited by Bitizen (Hazmat)

Just went today and picked up RD and PP.

The staff there was also very nice and a few people in front of me were there for ponies to (got a compliment on my Vinyl shirt).

I didn't bother to get them named though.

They'll be keeping their show names.

Just picked up both today a little after the store opened.  I've been wanting them since I first heard of them coming out.  They are very well made and I go a cape for RB Dash and the soundchip in Pinkie.

post-8510-0-99272100-1364857549_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I just wanted to add when I went today to pick them up, the store clerks were talking about how well they were doing.

They were selling pretty fast and considering it was a monday afternoon thats quite something. I wouldn't be surprised if the other mane 6 show up later. Since these looks to be best sellers for BaB.

Yup I just got my two as well! I got the cape for Rainbow Dash. I wish they had found a better way to keep the hair before purchase though, I'll have to give my two a nice brushing. (with a normal brushable brush)

I got mine made on the hellishly busy Easter Monday, and after queueing for nearly an hour, the staff member who stuffed my Dash undid the elastic bands and tousled her hair vigorously. I didn't have chance to stop her, I was just trying not to pop a temple vein whilst grinning so kids didn't see me looking angry.

That entire day was a stinker for other reasons, so it took until yesterday for me to unpackage her, condition her mane and tie it up in plaits to stop my cat from eating it.

I'm not a fan of doll hair, so I am considering buying some minky to make her a mane.

I tried to take a picture outside but the weather was frightful today, haha.I snapped this and she promptly blew away down the garden.

AQwetwM.jpg

Not that I fared much better indoors - link

Here's the cape, you can see the printed "stitches" on the rainbow where Rarity has sewn it together. ;)

JmLNiUC.jpg

You also get the jewelled green flowers, but they're elasticated, not clips. The velcro on the cape is non-snag velcro so it won't damage the satin.

I got mine made on the hellishly busy Easter Monday, and after queueing for nearly an hour, the staff member who stuffed my Dash undid the elastic bands and tousled her hair vigorously. I didn't have chance to stop her, I was just trying not to pop a temple vein whilst grinning so kids didn't see me looking angry.

That entire day was a stinker for other reasons, so it took until yesterday for me to unpackage her, condition her mane and tie it up in plaits to stop my cat from eating it.

I'm not a fan of doll hair, so I am considering buying some minky to make her a mane.

You also get the jewelled green flowers, but they're elasticated, not clips. The velcro on the cape is non-snag velcro so it won't damage the satin.

I don't see the stitches you're talking about. I see the swirls for the cloud pattern along the white though... Yeah now that I think about it the staff shook my ponys' hair out as well. I used one of the ear ribbons they gave me to do a low pony tail on RD

I don't see the stitches you're talking about. I see the swirls for the cloud pattern along the white though... Yeah now that I think about it the staff shook my ponys' hair out as well. I used one of the ear ribbons they gave me to do a low pony tail on RD

Look at the edge along each strip of colour, where they touch. :) There are printed stitches. I just thought it was a neat nod to detail.

Look at the edge along each strip of colour, where they touch. smile.png There are printed stitches. I just thought it was a neat nod to detail.

Oh that's interesting I'll have to look on my pony's dress later.  At some point I'm going to make a pink dress for pinkie pie :3 

These look pretty good! I went to the mall on Sunday with a friend and the Build-A-Bear had been absolutely swarmed by a group of local bronies - it was pretty coincidental, actually xD

I didn't get one myself since the friend I was with was kinda on-the-clock and had to get back to school, but I'm liking all these pictures you guys are posting. Looks like a reasonably inexpensive way to get your pony plushie fix!

(edited)

tumblr_mkppchA7VK1qgaja8o1_500.jpg

I went on april 1st with my mom at around 11am to build a bear and got both pinkie pie and rainbow dash. It was rather quiet with some kids in the store and another teen girl getting both pinkie pie and rainbow dash stuffed by an employee in front of me.

I wanted the nicest looking ones so I rummaged in there bins where they placed the empty carcasses of the rainbow dash and pinkie pie plushies, and tried to pick the nice looking ones. 

It had been a while since I went to build a bear and since forget the rituals the workers there make you do when you bring your bears or rather ponies to life. When you first pick your bear or pony or whatever character they have available at build a bear they are empty carcasses waiting to be filled. They then begin stuffing the bear for you and ask if you want it to be soft or extra firm. I picked firm since I didn't want my bear to be flimsy lol Then there is this ritual where you pick these small hearts to put inside your pony. Then they tell you to warm them up in your hands,kiss it,rub it on your cheeks and make sure your smiling so your pony wont be a grumpy pony XD Then they make you make a wish on it then they finally let you place the heart inside the pony before they stitch it up. Though having the plushies all filled and pony like in my arms was so awesome. Then they tell you to give it a bath at the bathing station. Its a station where they have nozzles that shoot air at your bears and they also have brushes to brush the fur of your bear. 

After that you can then decide if you want to cloth your bear or pony. I picked the rainbow gala dress for rainbow dash and yellow wedding dress for pinkie pie smile.png I know they had the theme box sound box that you can put into your pony but I choose not too. I remember putting a sound box in my first build a bear which was Mumble from happy feet and over time the sound box began to go really bad. You can also even give scents to your pony if you want~ Then after deciding what to cloth your bear or pony you have to make a birth certificate for them. You even get to name your ponies whatever you like. I just went with their actual names though when making my birth certificates. 

Then after that you just go pay for your pony and they give you a box to hold your pony and give you the certificate you made~ 

I met up with the vancouver brony meetup later in the afternoon and went to build a bear with them too that same day. We sang the my little pony theme song in the build a bear store haha Many in the group made pinkie pie and rainbow dash~

The plushies are really big but very well made. The brushable manes are really nice too. Build a bear even offers a mlp brush you can buy with your pony~ 

I just really recommend buying them while you can. I hear that in August they will be coming out with more ponies if these Ponie sell really well~

Edited by KailaOceano