Hostilities Concerning Applejack

XUNUSEDXXX

First and foremost, I would like you all to know three things.

1. I do not dislike AJ in any shape or form. If you think I'm attacking her or defending her, or any pony in general, you're sadly mistaken.

2. A decent portion of what is said here can also be said about a lot of other ponies, Mane 6 or not.

3. I'm not targeting any member in particular in this topic.

I've been seeing a lot of arguing, complaining, and the alike concerning Applejack, especially on this forum. The character has sparked a lot of negativity between members vs members. Really, all the strife that has occurred (I won't be naming specific situations or people) is unnecessary. Below are a few points that people have brought up and/or believe about Applejack, which is what I want to mainly discuss.

1. Applejack has been getting too much screen time recently.

Though I only saw this once or twice, it still baffles me how people can say this. It almost goes completely against the other points that I will discuss in a little bit.

Everybody seems to agree that AJ hasn't had as much attention in the previous season. If you don't believe me, see this thread. Applejack has always seemed to be overshadowed at times (not saying always) by the rest of the Mane 6. Seeing her getting some screen time is a good change IMO, as we see her character developed more than other characters in previous seasons. Last season, she had only two episodes dedicated to her, one of which most of the attention was sapped from her due to, in that episode, Derpy talking for the first time. I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about, especially you AJ fans.

So, in the end, there's no reason for you to say AJ has had too much screen time. Don't deny this, because I'm sure of the fact: If your favorite pony was getting lots more screen time than usual, you would have absolutely no problem with it. (besides, scootaloo has had only one episode, be grateful >:V)

2. Applejack doesn't have enough fans/Applejack deserves more love.

Of course, this problem is brought up countless times of AJ being an "underrated" character.

First, let's talk about the words overrated and underrated. I think spas-ticShotty brings up a good point about the word "overrated," in which the points can be translated to fit "underrated" as well. Here's what he said:

"You know how sometimes, when someone's like "Oh yeah, I don't see why this and that is so popular" or whatever? It makes me cringe. Just seriously, I hate it when people say that. Why? Because usually the people are being too ignorant or stubborn to look past whatever they're disliking and look for the values that other people like.

Take E.T., for example. I highly dislike that movie. It's too boring for mah tastes. I see why it's so popular though. It's a nice and emotional story about a friendly alien befriending some kids which also has some good character development (From what I've heard), which will strike some people the right way. However, if I'm looking for aliens in a movie, I'd rather watch an action one img-1063951-1-tongue.png.

Speaking of which, this also applies to CoD. Some people are like "Why are you paying $60 for rehashed garbage?". Seriously, just shut up. Not everyone has the same tastes as you, you know. Some people like it for it's fast-paced gameplay and whatnot (Although it does have glaring problems in some titles).

Last example I have is basically about characters. Some people will praise a character for a certain quality and then someone will say "Dude, he/she/it is NOT whatever you just said" or they'll say "Oh, I dunno why this character is so popular". I'm gonna use as an example. He called Vanellope an annoying turdbasket. I can see why, I respect that. She may not rub the right way to some people with her personality. However, when he said "I have no idea why she's so popular", it annoyed me. Why? Because he isn't looking past his views of Vanellope in order to see why she's the most popular character from Wreck-It Ralph. I may have said that a little weird, but, here me out. While YOU may not find her lovable one bit, and find her to be an insufferable brat, that DOESN'T mean she's the same to other people. She can seem very sweet, lovable, quirky, etc. to some and not so much to others."

If you weren't able to make the relation between overrated and underrated from that excerpt, I'll explain. From his explanation, he hates it when people say things are overrated because those people need to look past their own opinions and try to figure out as to why people love this person/place/thing/idea.

The same can be said for the word "underrated." When a lot of AJ fans say that she deserves more love or is underrated, they need to look past their own opinions, look at the pony's qualities, and figure out why people don't like the character that they love so much. Like Spazzy said, not everybody has the same tastes as you, and that's why not everybody loves Applejack over the other ponies in the show.

3. Rainbow Dash is more popular than Applejack.

Again, this point relates to opinions and tastes. I also see a lot of Rarity fans (not all, but a lot) bashing Rainbow Dash and the fans that support her for whatever reasons they have. Rainbow Dash is a character, just like Applejack or Rarity. Relating to point three, not everybody likes the same things you do for the same reasons. Some people like the egotistic, tomboyish nature of the pegasus over the humble, also tomboyish qualities of AJ or the sophisticated attitude of Rarity.

RD also has this feeling of "coolness" around her. There are many reasons why people like her over other characters. Champion RD92 brings up points as to why he likes the character in his blog post, seen here.

The greatest thing I love about that blog entry, however, is that he looks past all the negative qualities while he's writing that blog and looks at the positive in Rainbow Dash. Applejack fans and Rarity fans that mainly bash this character could also have that perspective when trying to figure out as to why so many people like Rainbow Dash. RD fans, or any fans in particular who aren't necessarily as fond of AJ, could also do that for Applejack and see why people like her, too. Some characters just aren't meant for certain people, mostly when the cons they've set for the character outweigh the pro's. But what those pros and cons are is a different topic.

4. Applejack is a background pony.

My final point. I'll admit, I joke about this point even though I don't agree with it.

This is a running joke (which I've seen not just on this forum, but everywhere) that seems to irk a lot of fans when taken into serious context. I do hope everybody sees why people say this though. This point is brought up a lot due to the fact that AJ hasn't had as much screen time as the other ponies. Though that has happened, I don't think it's really reasonable when people say this. I know it's mostly a joke, but just because she's not in the episodes as much as other ponies, doesn't mean she is a BG pony.

Let's use a chart. Here's the number of episodes Applejack has appeared in:

img-1063951-2-26bef19477f22ce2e5181897e2

From the legend, Y is where they've appeared in the episode and been the main focus of a shot. Background ponies aren't supposed to be the main focus of a shot (with a few exceptions), much less be the main focus of a shot in that many episodes.

I hope you read through all of this carefully and considered the points I made.

TL;DR? I don't have anything for you. If you are too lazy to read this, come back when you aren't lazy, or don't come back at all.

Edited by Scootabloom
  • Brohoof 11

Ugh so much text...... Applejack is an awesome pony she just doesn't get that many central themed episodes as most of them go to either Twilight Rainbow Dash or someone else. At least for season 1 & 2 because Season 3 seems to have broken that pattern giving Applejack the spotlight (along with Spike) but at the cost of any very few Fluttershy Rarity and Pinkie Episodes.

I am a bit biased as she is my favorite of the Mane 6 but I am glad to see Applejack getting some attention in season 3. I don't really see why there should be hostility, Rarity is my least favorite but I can find a few traits I even like about her, people have their favorites and I have mine.

Applejack in most episodes is the focus of a shot, but it doesn't seem like she's essential (unless it's an Applejack-centric episode. Season 2 had WAY too much Applejack-centric episodes. We really need more Fluttershy episodes in proportion) to the action overall. She's more of an assissting force in my opinion (though to prove the authenticity of this statement, I'd have to rewatch my rewatched episodes, but I'm 95% confident that I'm correct on this one).

I hate to contradict, but you're wrong about Applejack getting too many AJ-centric episodes. She had one at most (as the Cider episode was technically based on the entire family). And that one...well, yeah. Fluttershy had Putting your Hoof Down and Hurricane Fluttershy. So even if you DO count both AJ episodes, it's still definitely not more than Fluttershy.

1. I do not dislike AJ in any shape or form. If you think I'm attacking her or defending her, or any pony in general, you're sadly mistaken.

2. A decent portion of what is said here can also be said about a lot of other ponies, Mane 6 or not.

I've been seeing a lot of arguing, complaining, and the alike concerning Applejack, especially on this forum. The character has sparked a lot of negativity between members vs members. Really, all the strife that has occurred (I won't be naming specific situations or people) is unnecessary. Below are a few points that people have brought up and/or believe about Applejack, which is what I want to mainly discuss.

Though I only saw this once or twice, it still baffles me how people can say this. It almost goes completely against the other points that I will discuss in a little bit.

Everybody seems to agree that AJ hasn't had as much attention in the previous season. If you don't believe me, see this thread. Applejack has always seemed to be overshadowed at times (not saying always) by the rest of the Mane 6. Seeing her getting some screen time is a good change IMO, as we see her character developed more than other characters in previous seasons. Last season, she had only two episodes dedicated to her, one of which most of the attention was sapped from her due to, in that episode, Derpy talking for the first time. I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about, especially you AJ fans.

So, in the end, there's no reason for you to say AJ has had too much screen time. Don't deny this, because I'm sure of the fact: If your favorite pony was getting lots more screen time than usual, you would have absolutely no problem with it. (besides, scootaloo has had only one episode, be grateful >:V)

Of course, this problem is brought up countless times of AJ being an "underrated" character.

First, let's talk about the words overrated and underrated. I think spas-ticShotty brings up a good point about the word "overrated," in which the points can be translated to fit "underrated" as well. Here's what he said:

"You know how sometimes, when someone's like "Oh yeah, I don't see why this and that is so popular" or whatever? It makes me cringe. Just seriously, I hate it when people say that. Why? Because usually the people are being too ignorant or stubborn to look past whatever they're disliking and look for the values that other people like.

Take E.T., for example. I highly dislike that movie. It's too boring for mah tastes. I see why it's so popular though. It's a nice and emotional story about a friendly alien befriending some kids which also has some good character development (From what I've heard), which will strike some people the right way. However, if I'm looking for aliens in a movie, I'd rather watch an action one img-1063951-1-tongue.png.

Speaking of which, this also applies to CoD. Some people are like "Why are you paying $60 for rehashed garbage?". Seriously, just shut up. Not everyone has the same tastes as you, you know. Some people like it for it's fast-paced gameplay and whatnot (Although it does have glaring problems in some titles).

Last example I have is basically about characters. Some people will praise a character for a certain quality and then someone will say "Dude, he/she/it is NOT whatever you just said" or they'll say "Oh, I dunno why this character is so popular". I'm gonna use as an example. He called Vanellope an annoying turdbasket. I can see why, I respect that. She may not rub the right way to some people with her personality. However, when he said "I have no idea why she's so popular", it annoyed me. Why? Because he isn't looking past his views of Vanellope in order to see why she's the most popular character from Wreck-It Ralph. I may have said that a little weird, but, here me out. While YOU may not find her lovable one bit, and find her to be an insufferable brat, that DOESN'T mean she's the same to other people. She can seem very sweet, lovable, quirky, etc. to some and not so much to others."

If you weren't able to make the relation between overrated and underrated from that excerpt, I'll explain. From his explanation, he hates it when people say things are overrated because those people need to look past their own opinions and try to figure out as to why people love this person/place/thing/idea.

The same can be said for the word "underrated." When a lot of AJ fans say that she deserves more love or is underrated, they need to look past their own opinions, look at the pony's qualities, and figure out why people don't like the character that they love so much. Like Spazzy said, not everybody has the same tastes as you, and that's why not everybody loves Applejack over the other ponies in the show.

Again, this point relates to opinions and tastes. I also see a lot of Rarity fans (not all, but a lot) bashing Rainbow Dash and the fans that support her for whatever reasons they have. Rainbow Dash is a character, just like Applejack or Rarity. Relating to point three, not everybody likes the same things you do for the same reasons. Some people like the egotistic, tomboyish nature of the pegasus over the humble, also tomboyish qualities of AJ or the sophisticated attitude of Rarity.

RD also has this feeling of "coolness" around her. There are many reasons why people like her over other characters. Champion RD92 brings up points as to why he likes the character in his blog post, seen here.

The greatest thing I love about that blog entry, however, is that he looks past all the negative qualities while he's writing that blog and looks at the positive in Rainbow Dash. Applejack fans and Rarity fans that mainly bash this character could also have that perspective when trying to figure out as to why so many people like Rainbow Dash. RD fans, or any fans in particular who aren't necessarily as fond of AJ, could also do that for Applejack and see why people like her, too. Some characters just aren't meant for certain people, mostly when the cons they've set for the character outweigh the pro's. But what those pros and cons are is a different topic.

My final point. I'll admit, I joke about this point even though I don't agree with it.

This is a running joke (which I've seen not just on this forum, but everywhere) that seems to irk a lot of fans when taken into serious context. I do hope everybody sees why people say this though. This point is brought up a lot due to the fact that AJ hasn't had as much screen time as the other ponies. Though that has happened, I don't think it's really reasonable when people say this. I know it's mostly a joke, but just because she's not in the episodes as much as other ponies, doesn't mean she is a BG pony.

From the legend, Y is where they've appeared in the episode and been the main focus of a shot. Background ponies aren't supposed to be the main focus of a shot (with a few exceptions), much less be the main focus of a shot in that many episodes.

TL;DR? I don't have anything for you. If you are too lazy to read this, come back when you aren't lazy, or don't come back at all.

(By the way, there's a similar topic to this in F&S, but don't mention it, it will be taken care of soon enough. This is all specifically to do with AJ.)

I love you for simply using mah rant about the word "overrated" and the phrase "I don't get why this is popular/how people can like it/why people love it so much/etc." :).

• Brohoof 2

spasticShotty-1753.png

Let me contradict your contradiction of my contradiction.  

Season 1:

Dragonshy

Green Isn't Your Color (you counted Look Before You Sleep and Fall Weather Friends, so I counted this episode of Rarity + Fluttershy).

Stare Master

A Bird in the Hoof

Season 2:

Putting your Hoof Down

Hurricane Fluttershy

Season 3:

Keep Calm and Flutter On

I'm counting both, and I see that Fluttershy's episodes greatly outnumber AJ's. 

Edited by ~Chaotic Clarity~
  • Brohoof 1

I think you've made plenty of good points, I also would like to say to the fact that considering we have a cast of 6 Mane characters, along with numerous supporting ones and stuff like the CMC we're not going to have a totally even balance and focus very easily, its had to balance all those characters spotlights. I think that when we have more spotlight on AJ that means its going to cost some spotlight from other popular characters, but considering the fact she has been neglected for being not very well attended to in S1 or S2 for any good development or even any real spotlight so i think she deserves it.

I just wanna clear up the fact that AJ hasn't been necessarily actually neglected of screen time, I know alot of people refer to it that way, but I think AJ's actually shown up quiet alot in S1 and S2, its just none of those times shes shown up has been important for her, I think someone did some kinda tally for all the characters, and AJ wasn't last place for screen time, she is however last place for S1 and S2 for having any spotlight to herself, I mean she didn't even get attention in most of her own episodes! Like Last roundup for example like you said.

Not trying to offend anyone, just wanted to state this.

Everything else I can agree on. I think that while everyone will joke around about "X is best pony" Its really up to your taste, some people will like Fluttershy for her kind shy personality and adorableness and maybe the fact they can relate to her well(Like me. Being a Fluttershy Fan) Some like Rainbow Dash for her Awesomeness and all of her fangirl freak outs(Plus she has a pretty good singing voice) Aswell as many other things she does, not to mention her caring side she shows sometimes. Some Like Twilight because of being able to relate to her being a bit nerdy, and of course for other reasons. Along with her being adorable(Then again, I find it hard to find anypony Not adorable :P.) Same goes for Rarity Fans, Pinkie Pie fans, Applejack fans all for the own reasons(I'm just not going over them because I'm lazy mostly :P. No offense to anypony) They have something they like about the character that fits their tastes, we're not all going to agree on the same thing, or like the same stuff, because we're all humans and all different.

We just have to accept that not everypony is going to like one pony or another, not everyone thinks bannan's are their favorite fruit, some like oranges better, or apples, Same with Pony's or any other interests or favorites, we're all different in our tastes and many other things! And thats what makes humans so interesting! :D.

So I agree with what you said Scootabloom. Basically everything you said really, I just felt the need to do my usual mega paragraph rambles on why I agree :).

I might be a little bit sad to not see as much Fluttershy as in previous seasons, but you don't see me complaining, I'm sure more is to come, and to be fair AJ has been needing the spotlight for a while. Just because shes not my favorite pony doesn't mean I can say shes not needed and that the only pony thats important is my favorite, because I know the Applejack fans are going to beat me if I say anything  have been waiting for some screentime for AJ, and its only fair to let them have it. I'm sure I'll have my time to see my favorite pony shine again, aswell as everyone else will.

Anyways. I'm gonna stop rambling, great job making these points Scootabloom! The majority are true.

Edited by Zygen

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

Applejack doesn't get hostility. She gets dismissal. That being said I've noticed a huge resurgence of Applejack fans lately. I think they are sick of her being called a background pony and have becoming far more adamant about defending her. I see a LOT of Applejack fans lately and I've felt lately that the whole "background pony" thing has been a product of memetic mutation, not because it's especially true.

I'm ready to give my two cents to this...

I've already stressed just how ridiculous this statement is in the thread that questions this, and I can tell many people agree. Props to LittleSis for being brave about an unpopular opinion, but nevertheless, I'm still disgusted that a thought like this had popped up in the fandom.

She certainly does, no doubt about that. Again, if the word "Applejack" were to be replaced by "Rainbow Dash", I bet the majority of the fanbase would think that's a perfectly fine thing to complain about. I think complaining about her lack of love and fans is fine, because it's the truth.

Spazzy's right. But why are you stating it as if every time someone calls something overrated or underrated, they can't see why others find it good/not good? I call Derpy Hooves overrated. Yes. And I know the reason, too--because she has derp eyes and had some lines in TLR. Frankly, I think these reasons are rather stupid for loving a character that much, but that's my opinion.

I'll make a statement right now: Applejack is underrated.

I bet you guys might be thinking of quoting me right now, stating that I need to see beyond to figure out why she is underrated and why a lot of people don't really like her. No--me saying she's underrated does not mean I have no idea whatsoever why she is so.

Reasons include: She's not as flashy as the others. She's a "Southern racist stereotype." She does not have much background or significant screentime. She does have a unique quality, but unfortunately it doesn't stand out to people. She's a lot like...well, us humans. Applejack relates most to all of us no matter how different our personalities may be. What we're looking in a cartoon show is fun, fantasy, or just looking at things that would be unlikely in the real world. Applejack can't exactly give us that, at least not as well as, say, Twilight, who can manipulate things very skillfully with magic. AJ's character certainly doesn't appeal to others as much as it appeals to me, and I know it. 

And if people ask why doesn't Applejack get love, what's there to make a big deal about? No matter how much stress Spazzy puts on the point of looking past your hatred and dislike for whatever you call overrated, sometimes they still can't find out what's so amazing/not amazing about them. It's like asking what 1+1 is and being frustrated that the guy asking about the math problem doesn't know the answer. We tell them the reason why she gets no love. If we can't ask such questions, then the whole bronydom gets stupider.

I'm sorry, but it sounds like to me as if you're saying that every AJ or Rarity fan who bashes on Rainbow Dash has no clue of her positive qualities. I'm not a big fan of RD. I admit it. But I do get why people like her so much--she's the fastest pegasus who can fart rainbows, she has a lot of character development, realistic character development, and...yeah. It's just that the jerky side of her never appealed to me all that much. 

RD92, you say, looked past all the negative qualities about RD and look at the positive. That's a good way of showing why he likes her, but flaws of a character must be noted as well, or it will ruin him/her for you. At least, that's what I think.  

The thing is, more people bash on AJ than RD, so I don't see this as a hostility concerning solely Applejack.

The reason I overreact to this so-called "trolling" joke is because it's, frankly, huge fabrication and lies. Applejack has plenty of screentime and can outshine any background pony. She's had the most screentime in this season, finally taking the throne that she long deserved. Yet the jokes remain, and I'm thinking that most people who say it are simply trying to irk the AJ fans now. If her limited amount of screentime is what caused the background pony jokes in the first place, then Fluttershy should also be called a background pony. Or maybe Rainbow Dash for her four background appearances compared to AJ's two. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, I don't really see any hostilities. We're arguing and debating at most. I, for one, feel no negativity towards any member with whom I discussed about Applejack with. Nobody felt any toward me, I hope, and if they are, it's really a too trivial thing to feel hatred and dislike for. Thus, I don't see how any of these discussions about AJ are unnecessary. This is a forum, after all, and we're supposed to be discussing things on forums. 

Edited by ~Chaotic Clarity~

Well, AJ might be getting "A little bit less love" than the rest, but then again, farm life, cowboys and redneck accent kinda isn't for everyone ain't no good fer some people 'round 'ere. *spits chewing tobacco* 

I'm confused about two things tho.

Why people go on about over/underrated characters all the time? It really is just a feeling you have and I don't see what are you hoping to achieve, apart from provoking other people. Because that is all it will ever do. Especially if you poke in all the wrong places, like Derpy

Secondly, when you love character and you feel like it should be loved more, why attack other characters? This "Hey, maybe if I point out flaws of that guy, people will hate me less!" attitude is just, very, very sad. Additionally, achieves nothing, but provocation (but that's the point, isn't it).

Yeah... and the controversial, I don't think "AJ is a background pony" refers to number of bg appearances, but AJ's personality, so to speak.

Edited by Jessper
  • Brohoof 3

rainbow_dash_by_radspyro-d5nbkja.gif?1355423156

Applejack is just as popular as the rest of the mane 6.  She gets enough episodes, and she does have a personality all her own, I honestly don't understand how people can say she's getting too much or too little screen time.  Also I think the Background pony thing is just a recurring joke that won't go away, even thought the subject matter changed.

• Brohoof 1

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

We don't even need to worry about Applejack hostilities, Applejack is best HECU

73jtS.jpg

But in all seriousness. She didn't get that much screen time in other seasons and I can see why she would be having more screen time now.

You explained the other three points well enough on your own OP, but I guess I'll have a go at it to:

2.)

Applejack has quite a lot of fans actually. Maybe not as outspoken ones but I've seen a lot of fans of Applejack in my day.

3.)

Even if that was true, does it matter?

4.)

The chart explains it for me.

Signature.png

it's a little ironic when this topic is being brought up when the current banner (as of the creation of this post is an Applejack Banner).

^ Too bad that banner is only now being put up.  How long has the episode been out again?   And look, it's only a few days before a new episode.  Looks like there'll be another reason to remove it soon.

Am I being unfair? Probably. Sorry, I'm just a bit upset over past A.J mistreatment, and this was the last straw.

My card: "A Talking Dragon - as acknowledged by Fluttershy"

I've got lots to say.

I'll respond to this 'again', since it seems this topic mysteriously completely disappeared the last time it was made (I think I know why), almost immediately after I posted.

I'll be paraphrasing what I originally posted, since it seems the first post was changed a bit from the original version. And I'll be once again primarily addressing the bolded statements, since those seem to be the major issues.

1: I don't know why people would say that AJ has too much screen time, because she really hasn't gotten that much lately. Likely, it's because of the fact that there were two episodes that more/less featured her in a row. But that's it. Everything else was about other ponies.

2: This is just an opinion of certain people, and I honestly don't know how thoughts like this could be construed as 'hostile', since nobody that brings it up is doing so to be hostile. Since this is simply an opinion and not necessarily a fact, there isn't much more to say about it.

3: Again, you're going to get people who feel that one character is more popular than another. It's called a fanbase because fans like to discuss which characters are their favorite. And fan sites are where they do that. So I'm not really sure what you were expecting here.

4: I don't even know who posted this, but if someone really posted it like you said (and since you're a mod, chances are it's true), then they clearly haven't watched the show very much. All I can recommend is that whoever posted this watch more episodes, because AJ is anything BUT a background pony. She's a freaking Element of Harmony, for crying out loud.

In all honesty, I don't really know how necessary this topic is, because all it seems to be doing is complaining about the fact that there have been alot of AJ topics. Maybe I'm blind or something, but I've read through the topics and barring one or two posts, I really haven't seen anything to indicate any major hostility. So I'm not entirely sure where you're seeing arguing. If you can point it out to me, then great.  But I'm not seeing any arguing or hostility because of them.  If anything, I've seen topics unrelated to AJ that were FAR more hostile at times than these (such as the ones regarding the Derpy controversy).  Really, in the grand scheme of things, this just doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

And I hate to admit it, but you came on as a little hostile with the last part of your post, basically telling people to leave the forum if they don't want to read your entire post.

All in all, after reading this post, I'm not really sure what it is you want us to do.  I mean, do you want us to not talk about AJ?  Or is there some specific way you want us to do it?  I'm just not sure what it is you want us to do here.  There's gonna be fans.  They're gonna talk about things they like and things they don't like.  It happens.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

A Winner Is You!!!

Okay, so I was wrong...I thought this post was locked and its not. Anyway, I wanted to apologize for my lack of tact in responding to this post. I sensed the hostility in the OP and at the time, I guess I was in a piss mood or something and took it to heart. I let my emotions get the better of me and that is something I personally, cannot afford to let happen. Do I believe what I said at the time....yes, I do...BUT....it was my opinion, and my opinion alone. I did not get in trouble for anything I post so obviously the Mods respected what I said enough to leave it alone.

But I was wrong in my execution, the way I conducted myself and my lack of tact in the conversation. MLPforums is very special to me and it is why I CHOOSE to remain a subscribing member AND a donator. Right now I and putting in 30.00 a month to the site and where it may not seem like much, its a tank of gas and its food money I choose to spend here so this place can continue. I do it by choice.

So, to the mods I apologize for everything I listed above and I hope you can forgive my arrogance. That is my final word in this subject and now I can let it be done and buried.

Obsidian Winter

My past does not define me 'cause My past is not Today