Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Scariest Game You've Ever Played

Moog the Kvlt

Spec Ops: The Line has often been called a psychological horror game.

It's certainly an unusual one. It's a horror game with the false guise of a third-person shooter.

It has very little in the way of "jump scares", but more than a little in terms of things that will horrify you.

This isn't gonna sound right, but here:

Minecraft is really scary.

Not that I don't play it anymore, I still like it, but the fact that being so lonely in a world seemingly larger than earth (no really, it is. Look it up), is that it makes it scarier. Being by yourself. Wondering what the hell you're doing here with nobody with. "What is my purpose anyways?" "Where did I come from?" "Why me?"

Yes, there are villagers, but it doesn't help. They're like aliens, you can't communicate with them. The only things you could do with them is kill them, or trade with them.

And the hostile mobs doesn't make the situation any better. The creepers, zombies, and the creepy endermen.

You only know that you have to survive in such a lonely, and hostile world.

• Brohoof 2

The scariest game I probably played would be Dead Space, Slender, And Outlast

Outlast: Dam that games scared the hell out of me with the police man hanging to the giant thing trying to kill you.

Slender: It was really scary when I first played it

Dead Space: A lot of jump scares.

• Brohoof 1

Well.....im not as scared as i use to with certain games, but I have to say the original Resident Evil and Doom.  Literally scared the Jesus out of me, and today, that would be considered nothing.

Barney's Hide and Seek Game.  The game is possessed... if you set the controller down the game moves without you.  That's some scary stuff right there.

Seriously though I don't play many scary games... I'd have to say the scariest I've played is the Last of Us.  A lot of it wasn't that scary but every once in a while in the game there's a moment that just freaks me out completely.

• 2 months later...

I've gotta say, SCP: Containment Breach. The game is random and you never know what or when to expect The Statue or The Old Man to come out of nowhere. I just played it earlier and I was in the same room as The Shy Guy and I was trying to get out and I got real jittery. It freaks me out every time I play it. Oh, also The Staircase one is creepy too. 

• Brohoof 1

For me it was Earthbound  :(

I got it as a gift, and loved it to pieces. It's still one of my favorite games, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't keep me up for some nights after I beat it. 

We all know the story about Giygas and what not. It took me 3 nights to beat him (I always played it at nighttime.) I remember it was late, no one was awake, I was drinking my Kool Aid and had given up any hope of beating him. And then I tried praying. 

It's a pretty tame final boss looking back, but imagine being a kid. The game starts off strange and innocent, but it gets darker and more disturbing the further you go. And then you get to the finale, where you have to abort a demon alien rape baby. I didn't understand Giygas until I asked big bro about it. He explained EVERYTHING to me. Luckily I'd already had "the talk" so I understood it... But that didn't make it any less unsettling.

Everything about this boss was scary. He looks scary, he has some pretty unnerving "music", and his backstory is just messed up. Earthbound was a game that I was actually too scared to play again for years. The ending was just so unexpected in a game like this. Pokey's taunts at the end really got to me when I was younger. I honestly felt like the fight was hopeless. I was trapped in a world of darkness with the embodiment of evil, and there was nothing I could do to escape. 

This guy explains things a little better than I did.

• Brohoof 1

Amnesia the Dark Descent was amazing. Never played a game that had me more anxious and terrified than Amnesia.

Also looking forward to Alien: Isolation....

Drowning simulator scares me shitless...

Also these aren't exactly scary games, but terrifying things found in them

Headcrab Zombies from Half Life

Deahand from Ocarina of Time

dead_hand___the_legend_of_zelda__ocarina

Them from Majora's Mask

Majoras-Mask-Them-Aliens.png

SA-X from Metroid Fusion

Samus_by_KujaryaM.jpg

I haven't played it but I've watched it.

Outlast. That game...if it scares me as much as it does just to watch it I don't think I want to play it.

• 2 months later...

Fatal Frame, yo. That game is really good at ALMOST scaring you to the point that you get scared anyway. Then it makes you panic when there's actual ghosts trying to kill you.

Haven't really played many scary games

But I'd have to say The Walking Dead

Ever play it at midnight with all the lights off and the game is being played at night?

I kept looking over my shoulder because those zombies sounds just...dang *shivers*