Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Fan Club

Tomiix

7 hours ago, Photon Jet said:

Did anypony here attend the Ask Twilight and Pinkie Pie event on Facebook a couple days ago? I did and it was so nice to be in a live chat with them. Plus, there were some kawaii Twilight moments.

I watched it after it happend, it was really cool seeing Twilght Sparkle talk to her fans. 

large.png

• Brohoof 3

29 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I watched it after it happend, it was really cool seeing Twilght Sparkle talk to her fans. 

large.png

I know! She sounds so excited because the My Little Pony Movie is near. I also felt that way on the day I was going to watch the first episode of the Robot Wars reboot.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 4

20 hours ago, ChB said:

Question to everypony:

If Filly Twilight asked you to read a bedtime story to her, what children's book would it be?

I would read "Good Night(mare) Moon" to Filly Twilight Sparkle . :twi:

just_twilight_by_koviry-dbnmg66.jpg

Just Twilightby Koviry

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

I just realized something. Starlight defeating Queen Chrysalis? That never would have been possible if Twilight didn't find her, reform her, and make her her student. In other words, even as Chrysalis's prisoner... SHE STILL MANAGED TO BEAT HER! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

I just realized something. Starlight defeating Queen Chrysalis? That never would have been possible if Twilight didn't find her, reform her, and make her her student. In other words, even as Chrysalis's prisoner... SHE STILL MANAGED TO BEAT HER! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wouldn't it then follow that Celestia beat nightmare moon, Tirek, Discord etc because Mentor?

10 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Wouldn't it then follow that Celestia beat nightmare moon, Tirek, Discord etc because Mentor?

Fine, fine, managed to be a thorn in her side. Besides, if Chrysalis REALLY wanted revenge on Starlight, she'd go after Twilight. And if the Season 8 animatic is anything to go buy, that appears to be the case. Or not. But that revenge plan will obviously fail, what we don't know is the oversight Chrysalis makes that will ultimately be the reason for her plan failing. 

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Well, when you wanna get technical. Besides, if Chrysalis REALLY wanted revenge on Starlight, she'd go after Twilight. And if the Season 8 animatic is anything to go buy, that appears to be the case. Or not. But that revenge plan will obviously fail, what we don't know is the oversight Chrysalis makes that will ultimately be the reason for her plan failing. 

Well, she has replaced them before, fairly obviously. Still massively disappointed in Discord though; while it makes sense that there is no point in holding grudges against creatures that won't still be around a few hundred years from now, It does look like Fluttershy might be on the capture list again, and Discord somewhat disapproved of that the previous time.

13 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Well, she has replaced them before, fairly obviously. Still massively disappointed in Discord though; while it makes sense that there is no point in holding grudges against creatures that won't still be around a few hundred years from now, It does look like Fluttershy might be on the capture list again, and Discord somewhat disapproved of that the previous time.

Why they didn't think showing at least Twilight getting at least dragged into the dark by an unknown assailant is important baffles me. It would have been much more shocking. You could probably argue with how they showed Luna getting captured was better, but nightmares don't count. Besides, Luna was probably knocked out at the time, and the Changelings dragging her out of the dream was just a representation of Queen Chrysalis's throne neutralizing her dream powers.

I think we might be getting off topic.

4 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Why they didn't think showing at least Twilight getting at least dragged into the dark by an unknown assailant is important baffles me. It would have been much more shocking. You could probably argue with how they showed Luna getting captured was better, but nightmares don't count. Besides, Luna was probably knocked out at the time, and the Changelings dragging her out of the dream was just a representation of Queen Chrysalis's throne neutralizing her dream powers.

Narrative necessity of course, but yeah - it seems odd that the changelings could replace not only the mane 6, but the royal sisters (surely their duties would go undone after their replacement?) and Cadence's family (while surrounded by guards and with the assistance of an actual changeling to beef up that security) while overlooking Thorax, ignoring Discord's interest, and not realising Starlight could be a threat and dealing with her while they had the advantage of numbers in Twi's castle...

Still, if I started listing dumb script choices the writers have made to make the narrative work (usually at the expense of any advancement the characters have shown) I would be here all week...

24 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Narrative necessity of course, but yeah - it seems odd that the changelings could replace not only the mane 6, but the royal sisters (surely their duties would go undone after their replacement?) and Cadence's family (while surrounded by guards and with the assistance of an actual changeling to beef up that security) while overlooking Thorax, ignoring Discord's interest, and not realising Starlight could be a threat and dealing with her while they had the advantage of numbers in Twi's castle...

Still, if I started listing dumb script choices the writers have made to make the narrative work (usually at the expense of any advancement the characters have shown) I would be here all week...

Not explaining how they got captured is a narrative necessity? Don't see it. Smells like bad writing to me.

Can we talk about Twilight, now? I'm just saying that Twilight is indirectly responsible for Queen Chrysalis being defeated in To Where And Back Again.

21 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Not explaining how they got captured is a narrative necessity? Don't see it. Smells like bad writing to me.

Capturing them is a narrative necessity.  Explaining it could occupy half an episode, and require them to come up with a method and reason we would still be second guessing now.  The Episode is told from the POV of Starlight, and her lack of knowledge is both reasonable (narratively) and convenient for the writers in that they don't need to elaborate; it has little to do with the plot itself, it would just fill in colour without actually adding anything.

21 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

Can we talk about Twilight, now? I'm just saying that Twilight is indirectly responsible for Queen Chrysalis being defeated in To Where And Back Again.

Her mentoring was a factor; but then, so was Spike's defense of Thorax, Sunburst sending him to Ponyville, the past life stories of Discord and Trixie, and Luna's warning to Starlight. In Starlight's acceptance speech, she gets listed in the "all the people who made this possible" bit, but that's about it - and I am fine with that.

Twi has a LOT of accomplishments to her name; she defeated Chrysalis in Canterlot, wielded the Elemental powers of her group against Nightmare Moon, Discord and Tirek, and between freakouts defeated Ursa Minors, Alicorn magic wielding second-best ponies and so forth. She doesn't need to try and claim Starlight's successes for her own too, and doing so sounds too much like the scene where Timber Spruce tries to claim he saved camp Everfree because he stopped SciTwi falling over once to me....

3 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Capturing them is a narrative necessity.  Explaining it could occupy half an episode, and require them to come up with a method and reason we would still be second guessing now.  The Episode is told from the POV of Starlight, and her lack of knowledge is both reasonable (narratively) and convenient for the writers in that they don't need to elaborate; it has little to do with the plot itself, it would just fill in colour without actually adding anything.

Her mentoring was a factor; but then, so was Spike's defense of Thorax, Sunburst sending him to Ponyville, the past life stories of Discord and Trixie, and Luna's warning to Starlight. In Starlight's acceptance speech, she gets listed in the "all the people who made this possible" bit, but that's about it - and I am fine with that.

Twi has a LOT of accomplishments to her name; she defeated Chrysalis in Canterlot, wielded the Elemental powers of her group against Nightmare Moon, Discord and Tirek, and between freakouts defeated Ursa Minors, Alicorn magic wielding second-best ponies and so forth. She doesn't need to try and claim Starlight's successes for her own too, and doing so sounds too much like the scene where Timber Spruce tries to claim he saved camp Everfree because he stopped SciTwi falling over once to me....

Claiming Starlight's successes for her own? I think you're confusing her with Trixie.

Apparently, you don't understand that Twilight indirectly defeated Chrysalis twice. I am aware of everything else. 

And another thing, I am aware they had to be captured in order for Starlight to be the main character. What I am SAYING is that they should have explained how Chrysalis captured them. All she had to do was give a hint, like say how easy it is to capture Twilight when she's too busy reading, or say that she cast sleeping spells on them, had them invited to a party and then swarm them.

And why do you seek to derail this fan club?

Imagine, if you will, Napoleon from Animal Farm obtaining magic and deciding to conquer Equestria. Then he captures Twilight's friends and family. Twilight's reaction? This.

1159122__safe_artist-colon-applebeard_twilight+sparkle_twilight+sparkle+%28alicorn%29_twilight%27s+kingdom_alicorn_female_mare_pony_solo_super+saiyan+p.jpg

Now I know what you're thinking: "Twilight vs the pigs from Animal Farm? Really?" Well, seeing as Equestria had the magical advantage, I had to even things up a little. Besides, there's something about Twilight teaching Napoleon a lesson that's... so great.

• Brohoof 1

Who wants to give Sci-Twi a hug when she's sad or very worried? I know I would.

There, there. It's alright. You're safe with us and we're not gonna let anything bad happen to you by all means necessary.

Teary Eyed Twilight.png

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 9

6 hours ago, Photon Jet said:

Who wants to give Sci-Twi a hug when she's said of very worried? I know I would.

There, there. It's alright. You're safe with us and we're not gonna let anything bad happen to you by all means necessary.

Teary Eyed Twilight.png

I would hug her, but I'm only a baby.

• Brohoof 5

10 hours ago, Photon Jet said:

Who wants to give Sci-Twi a hug when she's sad or very worried? I know I would.

I *definetly* would! *Hugs Sci-Twi to cheer her up* :adorkable:

twilight_sparkle__science_twilight_ver__

Twilight Sparkle: Science Twilight Ver.by dm29

• Brohoof 3