Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

I don't consider Sonic Rainboom a RariDash episode because they were almost rivals in it.

That's hardly an "episode."

@Jeric got it right on the head for me. They ripped apart Rarity's character all to make Dash look good in the end. Really, that's inexcusable and is why that episode is destructive to the show itself. It completely fucked up her character and made her an antagonist just to make RD look like a badass in the end, and then followed it up with a shite apology that offered no closure that I once compared to a piece of bread dipped in dishwater.

I despise that episode and everything it stands for, and I wish this cancerous, toxic excess growth marring the name of an otherwise great series never happened. 

I used to not even consider it canon and had a headcanon that it was just a dream RD had. THAT'S how much this episode sucks. 

Bullshit aside, good morning, fan club! :D

post-20419-0-32913100-1397570163_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

Good premise with a lot of potential, but poorly presented = steak on a garbage can lid. The first few scenes I loved. LOVED. Then ... bon appetite!

Hot Topic still shows Fulfilling Order? :okiedokielokie:

And in actuality, that's where I thought you were heading, but the connections just wasn't clicking into place.

Tis a sign that I need more coffee

• Brohoof 5

Have a

And in actuality, that's where I thought you were heading, but the connections just wasn't clicking into place.

Tis a sign that I need more coffee

Me too!

Have a cappuccino.

51999___safe_rarity_animated_hat_sweet-a

• Brohoof 7

Also of great importance (and changing the subject) today is the big day. The Mane Six is finally complete ... and they saved the best for last. Yep, today is street date for Rarity Funko (and Discord). I ordered mine direct shipping since my HT can be ... light ... on Pony at times. Still waiting on my order to be shipped. I have supreme patience ... but it may be tested with this one.

@Obsidian Sky - it's getting closer man! Keep an eye on your messages from this moment forward.

2.PNG

Reminds me, my first order didn't go through :okiedokielokie: Had to preorder it again. At least I lucked out and caught it while it was on-sale. I was able to pick up a new game with the funds I had left over :D

Can't WAIT until she gets here, though! :wub: I've got a spot on my desk cleared off already :D

• Brohoof 4

That's hardly an "episode."

@Jeric got it right on the head for me. They ripped apart Rarity's character all to make Dash look good in the end. Really, that's inexcusable and is why that episode is destructive to the show itself. It completely fucked up her character and made her an antagonist just to make RD look like a badass in the end, and then followed it up with a shite apology that offered no closure that I once compared to a piece of bread dipped in dishwater.

I despise that episode and everything it stands for, and I wish this cancerous, toxic excess growth marring the name of an otherwise great series never happened.

I used to not even consider it canon and had a headcanon that it was just a dream RD had. THAT'S how much this episode sucks.

Bullshit aside, good morning, fan club! :D

Then we shall not make anymore jokes or jests about it.

Admittedly I had not watched that episode a lot but only because of whom it was about yet blindedly accepted it at face value. However, I don't feel that every moment of it was meant to be slanderous of Rarity's good nature

• Brohoof 3

However, I don't feel that every moment of it was meant to be slanderous of Rarity's good nature

Nor was it. Before they got to Cloudsdale, her characterization was great.

Of course, they managed to royally screw it up and offer her no closure in the end past what felt like a half-baked apology on her end followed by completely ignoring her and any development she may have received and went on to revel in Dash's "awesomeness." I'm sorry, but fuck that noise.

It did her character so wrong I want to puke just talking about it - and I personally feel a change of subject would be a little more than welcome, given this topic is most definitely a landmine when it comes to this club.

Wittle Rarity and Wittle Applejack :wub:

large.jpeg

• Brohoof 5

So much hate against my 2nd favorite episode ever. D:

Fans like me (who consider Rarity and Rainbow Dash as their two favorite mane 6) must be rare.... :huh:

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 5

Just got me a brand new coffee maker. Nothing fancy but at least it not the fuel stop sludge ive been getting.

One of these days I have to snap a shot of my set up. I grind and use a press most mornings.

BTW, what are all of your headcanons on Rarity and the Carousel Boutique? I've always liked the idea that she apprenticed under a sweet old mare who originally owned the shop. There she was able to start to let her budding love for fashion and beautification thrive and even adopted that pristine transatlantic accent by association with the older dress maker and her clientele. Eventually she 'inherited' the shop. Perhaps shortly before Cutie Mark Chronicles.

img-2994730-1-Rarity_entering_boutique_S

• Brohoof 4

One of these days I have to snap a shot of my set up. I grind and use a press most mornings.

BTW, what are all of your headcanons on Rarity and the Carousel Boutique? I've always liked the idea that she apprenticed under a sweet old mare who originally owned the shop. There she was able to start to let her budding love for fashion and beautification thrive and even adopted that pristine transatlantic accent by association with the older dress maker and her clientele. Eventually she 'inherited' the shop. Perhaps shortly before Cutie Mark Chronicles.

I like it being her grandmother's old house. Her grandmother would've enjoyed knitting and sewing and would've babysat Rares while she was still little, since both of her parents had to work. They ended up forming a tight bond and they'd bake things like cookies and her grandmother would knit her sweaters and it'd just be wonderful - she'd cherish those sunlit moments with her grandmother from her childhood.

While her grandmother was no fashionista, she did sew and knit and whatnot - Rarity, coming from a sloppy, working class household that she didn't necessarily enjoy living in, loved seeing the beauty in fashion upon discovering it one day after she saw it in a magazine at the hospital when Sweetie Belle was being born - she and her parents had started having problems during her mother's second pregnancy.

Almost every day, she'd run down to her grandmother's house and learn how to sew from her. Her grandmother was no expert, but it was a start and she helped Rares learn as much as she possibly could, although she got the feeling it was just a phase - which it was, at this point in time. However, her grandmother put her best hoof forward in helping Rares learn because the two had an insanely strong bond that was closer than that of Rarity and her parents.

However, shortly after the events that were depicted in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles," (she designed the costumes under her grandmother's guidance) as fate always has it, her grandmother passed away due to natural causes. Rarity would never forget waking up in the mornings, before the rooster crowed, and running down to her grandmother's house to learn how to sew and then follow it up with an afternoon snack and some fun before her parents got home from work. Those fond memories are what ignites her passion for fashion and  what took from "just another phase" into being her passion and dreams. 

She started saving up as much as she could after her grandmother's passing and, combined with a small business loan, purchased her grnadmother's old house to kickstart her fashion career - she spruced it up and put her own creative spin on it, and her grandmother's house became the Carousel Boutique, which now doubles as a business and home for Rarity. :D

Also, relating to this headcanon is that I believe the frames (not the lens) of Rarity's sewing glasses were the ones her grandmother wore as prescription and that Rarity's relationship with her grandmother is the origin of Sweetie Belle feeling overshadowed by her older sister, since the two developed a strong bond before Sweetie Belle was born and because Sweetie Belle was an unexpected child.

• Brohoof 8

Also, relating to this headcanon is that I believe the frames (not the lens) of Rarity's sewing glasses were the ones her grandmother wore as prescription and that Rarity's relationship with her grandmother is the origin of Sweetie Belle feeling overshadowed by her older sister, since the two developed a strong bond before Sweetie Belle was born and because Sweetie Belle was an unexpected child.

That last part ... holy crap. I really like where you took that

b9jl0.jpg

• Brohoof 6

img-2994730-1-Rarity_entering_boutique_S

I find that its not just what beans you use but but good water can really make a difference in the taste.

There was this wonderful little coffeehouse that I used to go to in Glen Arbor Michigan near where I'm from that some of the best cappuccino I've ever had.

Personally I think places like Starbucks and its kin are way too impudent and over hyped in both product and price. I've had campfire perk pot's make better Joe then the swill they produce.

I would be delighted to see your set up.

As far as Rarity's Boutique, I like to think she saved her bits and bought an old failed shop and recreated it in her own image.

• Brohoof 6

That last part ... holy crap. I really like where you took that

b9jl0.jpg

Bahh. I need to flesh out my headcanon more about Rarity. It gets deep and has twists and turns, but it hardly relies on death or other tropes relating to sadness. I put a lot of work into it, and that's only a fraction of it.

Of course, the blog I wrote detailing my headcanon on her hardly touched up on it >_> There's a lot :D 

• Brohoof 4

Bahh. I need to flesh out my headcanon more about Rarity. It gets deep and has twists and turns, but it hardly relies on death or other tropes relating to sadness. I put a lot of work into it, and that's only a fraction of it.

Of course, the blog I wrote detailing my headcanon on her hardly touched up on it >_> There's a lot :D

Sounds like a good fan fiction in the works. Well thought out

• Brohoof 5

The Grandmother angle (especially with the glasses) is a nice touch. To be honest, the only character headcanon that I attribute any tragedy to is kinda canon already. I appreciate sad fics, but sometimes the leaps they make are a bit much and kinda act to devalue the characters. (*cough Fluttershy as Scootaloo's mom*). The Grandma approach I like ... a lot. It adds to the tapestry nicely without making Rarity a tragic figure.

Rarity should be inspirational ... not tragic.

Sounds like a good fan fiction in the works. Well thought out

Agreed 100%. I personally have several outlined, but none about her past.

@ghostfacekiller39, you know how to string a well written sentence together better than most on this board, and there are so few Rarity Slice of Life fanfics to begin with (let alone decent ones). You need to strongly consider putting pen to paper on that one.

• Brohoof 5

The Grandmother angle (especially with the glasses) is a nice touch. To be honest, the only character headcanon that I attribute any tragedy to is kinda canon already. I appreciate sad fics, but sometimes the leaps they make are a bit much and kinda act to devalue the characters. (*cough Fluttershy as Scootaloo's mom*). The Grandma approach I like ... a lot. It adds to the tapestry nicely without making Rarity a tragic figure.

Rarity should be inspirational ... not tragic.

Yeahh. Rarity isn't a tragedy and it'd be an insult to her character to give her a headcanon that was just nothing but sorrow and grief. That's why I liked the grandmother route, myself - it'd still affect her, but it wasn't out there since it's something that happens to most people and it wasn't something that'd just ruin her whole life, since it had to happen eventually and she knew that. It was sad, but it wasn't trying to force feels. That's kind of what cemented her passion for fashion, but not because of her grandmother having a passion for fashion (because she didn't) but because she learned to sew from her grandmother and looks back on those memories rather fondly - and those lessons helped her see how much she truly loved fashion and designing clothing and how much she loved dreaming about creating clothes for royals and the Canterlot elite. Her grandmother helped her realize that just by supporting it, and Rarity herself realized that after she lost her grandmother. That's what it comes down to in my headcanon :D

• Brohoof 5