Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Were "Ponies" To You Before FiM?

Zero000

i barely knew they existed untill recently, mlp isn't seen in south africa

Then i heard about bronyism, investigated, watched an episode and couldn't, still can't, stop

I grew up around the early-to-mid 2000s (I...think that is G3?), and it was when boys and girls saw each opposite with describing words as "ew" or "gross" or "cooties!" XD Boy, that sure changed.

I don't think we really had any girls bring MLP toys to the school as much as Bratz and Barbie. I just remember hearing the MLP theme song over and over and over when I was watching CN or Nick. 0-0 Ugh....adequate memories...

I had no idea they existed. (apart from being a type of horse)

Occasionally while surfin teh netz I'd see a pony avatar and think to myself "whatever floats your boat."

Edited by Raptor_a22

To me, they were some girly toy line that I could care less about. I figured they probably entertained a bunch of kids and make Hasbro money, but never considered watching the show.

It's funny, the first time I say FiM ponies, I thought "What the heck? They changed the ponies completely! What a dumb idea!". Then I noticed that it was becoming popular, and thought "Ah, what the heck, I might as well watch it. Hell, I'll probably like it."

I was wrong.

I didn't like it.

I loved it. :D

And I still do love it.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

some toys for little girls.

Everything from the toys to the old generations, of which I had never actually heard about till recently, I had the 'stupid toys for little girls' mindset too. And frankly I still do xD MLP: FiM the cartoon alone is what I support. I'm not about to watch anything of the old generation, purchase any dolls, etc.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

I don't know how but I knew about some of the characters and then a while after FIM came out I had a friend talk about it and I thought he was talking about the original but then he showed me the first episodes.

stupid girl crap

This, tho I was pretty neutral towards it after seeing pony clips like pinkie pie's crazy eyes through several forum links, but I still didn't care for it.

I remember having a MLP figurine when I was really little. Maybe, like, 3 or 4 years old, so it must have been a gen 1, but I don't remember which it was. But from the time I outgrew that toy until a little more than a year ago, it was something that I wanted nothing to do with. I'm really not a "girly" girl. In fact, I try and distance myself from such things as much as possible, so I was strongly deterred from MLP. Until the most recent incarnation came along, that is. That's how much this version of the show rocks :)

My feelings about the old versions of My little Pony: Kill them! Kill them all before they lay eggs! wait...ponies don't lay eggs...

My feelings about the new generation My little Pony: Meh, I don't understand why grown men watch this show but it must be for a pretty good reason.I guess it's not like the older ones maybe I'll give it a try sometime.

Well of course I did give it a try, and I liked this show a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I was not affiliated in any way, shape, or form. Of course, there was forum users that were bronies, and I hung out in their chatroom, but it was only for business. The leader was a bit uptight for my standards, but definitely not an idiot.

Before FIM came out, it was just a weird collection of toys and movies my aunt had. I guess that means she was technically a brony before I was huh.

Something I saw in a 4 year old's house and I never wanted to see them..... ever again.... but with my memory I forgot about them :3

The only thing I knew was the part of the song where it said my little pony twice. Other than that I saw the commercials for the hair brushing stuff. I thought it was for girls and gay dudes. But look at me now. On a forum for the things having watched two seasons of it. Not that I regret it ;).