movies/tv Power Rangers Megaforce

pinkiefan1287

So I was just wondering if anyone is going to watch the new season of Power Rangers? Now, this is the 25th anniversary of Power Rangers. So this is going to be a big season. It won't just have a new team of rangers and new zords, but rangers from the past will also becoming back to. So we might see some old faces. To what I have seen so fare, it looks like this will be a pretty good season and I can't wait to see it. 

The colors and zords will be.

Red Ranger- Dragon

Pink Ranger- Phoenix

Black Ranger- Snack 

Yellow Ranger-Tiger

Blue Ranger- Shark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kC4TorDg4

Light Speed Rescue was my Power Rangers when I was a kid. I knew every character's name perfectly. My brother and I also got the giant train megazord for xmas too. It was frickin huge.

I might give this new one a gander.

Edited by DeltaTangent
  • Brohoof 1

I'll give it a shot, though I still have to get through RPM and Light-Speed Rescue first. Considering all the hate I've heard regarding Goseiger, this might very well be an improvement now that they're including the Ranger Keys and Legend War from Gokaiger in as well.

• Brohoof 1

Y'know, I like the Power Rangers as much as the next guy but eh...

Watching some previews of Megaforce the other day, I honestly couldn't believe how cheap it looked. It's not even the kind of cheap that happened during it's Disney days, but it really went down on quality real fast.

Well I just got done watching Megaforce and I thought it was pretty good. It felt very nostalgic, as it brought up old things from the old seasons. Like talking about Zordon, there was a small robot, and other old things. It kinda felt like the first episode of Power Rangers. This time however it was more that the 5 are going to get to know each other, instead of them being friends already.

So I it's off to a good start and I can't wait to see more.

I'll be honest the only associations i've ever had with power rangers is my little cousins insane obsession he had with it, that caused me to watch a couple episodes, and the fact i had and played a power rangers dino thunder game once.

So i doubt it honestly. Not that I have anything against the show, but I already spend alot of time watching MLP and then I have real life to attend to of course :P.

to be quite honest, I have lost almost all interest in the Power Rangers as a whole. The best ones for me were Lightspeed Rescue, In Space and Time Force... Maybe even Dino thunder.

the more recent ones however, are like someone here said, kinda cheap feeling :/

I'll give this one a shot however, I'm not holding my breath...

me and my friends are the typical get butthurt over eveything new regarding the Power rangers. Every Power Ranger Fan i have come across are 20-25 and hate every series of Power Ranger that followed the original. Megaforce looks pretty solid though. the helmet designs arent stupid like previous ones. And they even got me fighting along with them.( i know im a dork)

• Brohoof 1

*watches it* OMGNERDGASM 

:L after that first episode i'm gona keep watching it, honestly i'm just glad Disney are doing them anymore and Nickelodeon have rely been on a role.   

my fav is Power Ranger In Space, with the original in second 

• Brohoof 1

Managed to finally watch the episode, and for a first episode it was okay. I never watched the original "Day of the Dumpster", so i can't really talk about that, but I will say that this was rather hit and miss for me. The command center looks awesome by the way especially with the ranger keys of the previous teams lining the walls.

Though, when you think about it, this becomes a case of wibbly wobbly timey whimey considering that not only does SPD take place in a future where contact has been made (and thus hasn't happened yet) but RPM has explicitly been mentioned to take place in a parallel timeline were over 90% of the human race were wiped out and thus the keys of them shouldn't exist. 

The effect for Gosei was alright and I don't really have an opinion on the little robot, Tensou.

mlfw2604-Luna_saw_what_you_did_there.jpg

Yes Luna, I see it too, moving on...

The acting was okay, for the most part. Troy says his lines with almost no enthusiasm and Gia seems to switch constantly between capable and incredibly forced line reading, but the rest were okay. Points actually to Jake and Gosei respectively,  both of which are really getting into their roles. What else did I not like? The puns. Oh god, the "mega" puns. It's Power Rangers I know, but this was just laying it on incredibly thick and I'm pretty sure they just used up and exceeded their pun levels for the next two or three episodes.

Anyway, it's still a first episode so I'll stick around and see were it goes from here.  

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1