Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Scattered Elements

THE WILD HUNT

First things first, this is kind of a reboot of an RP I used to be in back when I first joined the forums. Its name was Natural Disaster, and the maker of that RP was a user by the name of Ninja Derpy, so credits to him for laying out a general idea of this RP. Despite being a "reboot", it will be different from the last because of the many tweaks that have been made in order to accomodate the newer additions to the MLP, and will also be different due to non-canon backgrounds and sites being added to change things a bit further (into something hopefully more interesting). Thus, certain story elements will be coming from my head, meaning this will technically be something I am personally starting for the first time...
Now that that's out of the way, let's move on to the actual overview now xD!

Overview: Equestria has enjoyed many days of peace and harmony. No major threats brewed anywhere in or around the land, and whatever trouble did arise was more often than not taken care of quickly and efficiently. However, all that soon began to change as evil began to brew in strange manners. Throughout Equestria, natural phenomena began to occur in... the most unlikely of places. Deserts began to be flooded with heavy torrents of rain which would spontaneously freeze, forests would gradually turn to desert or tundra, and basically, every environment would experience weather problems unfamiliar to them. This was gradually getting worse, until obviously everyone was miserable because of the chaotic changes. Soon enough, the cause of the phenomenas turned up... you guessed it, Discord! Sure, he may have acted reformed for awhile, but everything was simply a part of his plan to resume his chaotic spree unchecked. Such is Chaos.
Celestia soon dispatched the six bearers of the Elements of Harmony to stop the draconequus, but in all the confusion they were quickly stopped and taken away by Discord, who then announced he had scattered the six throughout Equestria, and to other lands far away and long forgotten. In desperate need of aid, the Royal Sisters call for aid to find the six ponies, but who will be willing to risk their lives to try and fix this already bleak situation is unknown...

So yes, if you read all that, you'll be joining together in a group to search for and rescue the Mane Six from their respective prisons. I'll try my best to keep every location and the roleplay as interesting as possible, but if you have any suggestions as to what can be done to improve the experiences, feel free to suggest them!

And of course, Rules~
1. Obviously, follow the forum's rules.
2. If you have a problem with a member and their actions, don't take it out in public and start a fight about it. Try to solve things out like mature people, but if you must, talk with me about to see how the problem can be better dealt with.
3. Romance is allowed, but obviously don't base every one of your posts around how much your character loves the other.
4. ... Alicorns are allowed! The character I'll be using is one, so it's only fair. However, they cannot be tremendously overpowered or be omniscient. They must have limitations and the like should they come with unique abilities.
5. No Mary/Gary Stues.
6. Cussing and gore will be allowed, but don't take it over the top. If anything, the cuss words should be censored should you use any... (I.e s**t)
7. No godmodding.

8. Try to stay active, so if you'll be unable to post leave a post about it.

Oh yes, the locations where parts of the RP will take place:
Deepest Reaches of Everfree
Reconquered Crystal Empire and its Tundra
Old Equestria (frozen over by ice spirits)
Changeling Lands
Kendoiv Empire

These are obviously the main ones, so there will be places in between as the characters travel. The last two are the non canon, the very last being an idea of my own.

...I hope I made this alright, at least good enough to be an eye grabber!

Edited by Krein

Interesting Roleplay idea...I'll be happy to join. Better change the tag to searching though.

I'll use my Bat Pony OC, Assurance. She's in my Signature right of Dreamwish.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

@Dovahkin: Drem yol lok Dovahkiin. Yeah, you can use that OC. As for Discord, yes, he will be trying to deter the travelers as they try to rescue the six.

@Shift: Interesting OC, I'll look forward to seeing how she handles the situations!

@Muffin Thief: Good! It'll be interesting to see how your character interacts with mine, as he doesn't have the kindest of pasts. Plus, law is cool :).

Three members already, I'll probably wait for two more to join so as to have a more set team.

Oh yes, don't be afraid to have your characters have some history with one of the locations above, it'll make for a more interesting story as Discord tries to play their pasts against everyone else.

As you already know, dearie, I shall be entering.

I'll be using Snow again, as I did in the original, but I may also bring in Torri (aka Raindancer) or Corhwyaid (aka Cora).

I'll post links later since I need a page for Cora.

:)

Edited by PinkieDaShy
  • Brohoof 1

Alright then. Post the links soon, because I think we have enough members already to start the OoC and RP itself.

I think that we should start with 6, 1 for each of the Mane 6. And can I get a link to your guy's profile?

I think that we should start with 6, 1 for each of the Mane 6. And can I get a link to your guy's profile?

I suppose, though it doesn't necessarily have to be that way.

As for the link, I do have one but it is way outdated. I'll have to create a new page with updated things and more details.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/kreinbahthur-r2547

There it is, the newest one. I myself think it looks OP, but let's take into account that I like embellish a lot of things when describing my characters, and then there's the fact that he's an alicorn. Either way, he has his limitations and weaknesses which will show throughout the RP, and the character caused no trouble or gamebreaking trouble in the last RP anyway.

Mhm, I was thinking of an OC to make as I was playing Skyrim, and the idea hit me. He's not really a dragonborn though, more of a dragon priest.

I'll wait a little into tomorrow for one more person to join. If nothing develops I'll go ahead and start it. The last one had like 3 members in the beginning and was doing pretty well, and then it grew to five and still did just as good.

I promise I'll have links soon. I'm having difficulty condensing my precious Cora since she's such a complex type of character. *laughs*

In addition, Snow's profile needs some updating, so I'll have it up tonight.

That's fine, I'm going to have to start the RP later since I'm at a church party until like... 4 I think.

Hrm, I should probably add in that the RP is still and will be open... oh well, I'm sure that five people can make it good like last time.

@

All right, since you want to get this moving, I'll use my crap and unfinished page for Cora and Snow's old one in which I sound like a two year old. XD

Snow: http://mlpforums.com/topic/7452-snowfell-for-natural-disaster/?hl=snowfell

Corhwyaid (Cora): http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/corhwyaid-r2553

Edited by PinkieDaShy

@
It's fine, I don't really care. Cora's is going to take a while to finish anyways, and you already know Snow, so it's more of a formality.

I'm going to update them, though, so if you're adding the links in the OP then I'll inform you when they're entirely complete :) 

Question: are we going to have a group PM as we did with SHRP, or are we going to do contact through the OOC? I find that PM works better, but it's up to you, of course :3

Links shall be added in the OOC, which I will make shortly :).

As for communication, I think we'll be using PM again, and the OOC can be used for registrations and other things. Vague exolanation is vague xD.

Off I go!

• Brohoof 1