Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane Six Free For All (Who would win?)

Zalgo

The Mane Six, the elements of harmony, and the protectors of Equestria:

img-1165345-1-twilight_sparkle_is_pissed

Twilight Sparkle the prized pupil of princess Celestia herself, and the element of magic...

img-1165345-2-PINKIE-PIE-my-little-pony-

...Pinkie Pie... Do I really need to say anything else to introduce her?

spartan_fluttershy_by_mysticalpha-d4tba5

Fluttershy, the element of kindness, and keeper of the animals...

img-1165345-4-Rarity-my-little-pony-frie

...Rarity, Ponyville's top designer, and the element of Generosity...

img-1165345-5-barbarian_applejack_diablo

...Applejack, the element of honesty and the heir to Sweet Apple Acres...

img-1165345-6-tumblr_lflgee2SBc1qd9qa2o1

...and Rainbow Dash, the elemental of loyalty and the only Pegasus capable of performing a sonic rainboom.

Who would win in a free-for-all battle to the death, with no outside help, and no mercy?

(If someone think's they have a better picture for any of the mane six, post that too! :P )

Let's see what all of the mane six have going for them:

Twilight Sparkle.

-Countless (powerful) spells (Though not many combat based spells)

Rainbow Dash.

-Can fly. Very fast.

-The Sonic Rainboom

Pinkie Pie

-Reality warping powers, like teleportation, growing fingers and floating.

-Extremely durable

-Has access to her own pocket dimension, where she stores things like her party cannon.

-Pinkie Sense

Rarity

-Has magic, we don't know too much about her spells, however.

-Seems to use her hooves more often than her horn.

Fluttershy

-The stare.

-Flight.

Applejack

-Seems to be the strongest physically.

---------

Edited by Zalgo

Twilights magic is to strong :D. Honestly I think in any realistic situation she'd win.

Of course it wouldn't be a realistic situation for them to be fighting in a free for all anyways.

Ps. Technically speaking Twilight broke the 4th wall at the end of "Magic Duel" when she gave Pinkie a mouth. Just saying :).

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie. Need I say more? Also, you forgot about her pinkie senses. So yea. Also, if you aren't including the sticky hoof theory (Which,I know, is cannon) Pinkie would be the only one who could hold things. And she'll wear this moustache.

moustache_pinkie_pie_by_jackos92-d5posyw

• Brohoof 1

Fluttershy would whimper at all the fighting, and then six dragons, four chimeras, Cerberus, 28 bears, a rhino, six gorillas, a walrus, and a honey badger would all come to her aid and destroy the others. It's no contest. Flutterz FTW!

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie would absolutely smash this competition. I pretty much explained why in a former thread:

• She has her Pinkie Sense - predicting the immediate future. She would counter everypony's attacks before they even attempt to land them.
  • She's as fast as, if not faster than, Rainbow Dash - proven in Party Of One.
  • She can jump up to ten metres high - proven in Too Many Pinkie Pies. Another means of dodging attacks, and makes for ground pounds which she can pull off effectively because she's an Earth pony, the heaviest race of pony.
  • She pulls a Party Cannon out of her damn pocket. We know that one shot from that thing can defeat a Changeling. Two or three would take down any of the Mane 6, maybe four for Applejack.
  • She can defy physics - already proven her ability to levitate in Feeling Pinkie Keen, Putting Your Hoof Down and Too Many Pinkie Pies. She can just walk into the air out of the action. And then ground pound again. Even if a Pegasus tried to take her down in the air, remember the Pinkie Sense.

And one more that I'm going to add at this point:

• She can teleport, again proven in Party Of One - she teleported into the church bell, and also to the top of the mountain. Teleporting in the battlefield, combined with her Pinkie Sense reflexes - nothing would be able to touch her.
Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

I like the biased OP on applejack with that picture though... :/

It's just so impossible to find any epic pictures of any of the mane six except Twilight.

I was lucky I found that Applejack one. (and I think the Rarity one is slightly epic as well)

Though pinkie pie's picture is kind of fitting, if anyone has pictures that are better, please post.

It's just so impossible to find any epic pictures of any of the mane six except Twilight.

I was lucky I found that Applejack one. (and I think the Rarity one is slightly epic as well)

Though pinkie pie's picture is kind of fitting, if anyone has pictures that are better, please post.

Rainbow Dash:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zJo4D5cnkeI/ULPlRriucFI/AAAAAAAANEY/1qgwCI0M59w/s1600/CommanderRainbowDash.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5uzoi0OH5BQ/Tjc3W4DNbEI/AAAAAAAAJps/Uw9OXceHNe4/s1600/40471+-+airplane+artist+scratch42+fighter+plane+rainbow_dash.jpg

Fluttershy:

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/315/5/c/private_fluttershy_by_wylfden-d5kn9o6.png

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/101/c/0/spartan_fluttershy_by_mysticalpha-d4tba56.jpg

As for the rest, I don't think they were that bad... and pinkie is pretty much pinkie... XD

Didn't mean to make it sound nit picky though, just tossing it out there...

• Brohoof 1

Battle royal huh

Well like all vs post I see I like to over analyzes things. In case you don't know what this means it means I make an analysis for all to see and declare a winner. That way those who wish to see all capabilities can see them. Seeing how there isn't a lot of info on battle statistics for all characters I'm sure this will be short (hopefully).

Also I will also add any weapons they may wield. Also since they live in the same universe, all combatants will have knowledge of each other.

Rules

•Combatants have knowledge of each other if they live in the same universe. Their knowledge is limited in what they know or believe

•No outside help

•No fan-fic info

•Battle must end, this means no escaping and returning latter.

•Any noticeable personalities will be implemented

•Now not sure if people want death or not. Either way I feel the result would be the same if it was only to knock out. This is for those who don't want death, but for those who do the result in my opinion would be the same.

Note:

I am using only conon information. No fan-fic info allowed. Also since Alicorn Twilight's abilities probably won't be shown until season 4 I will be using the modern unicorn Twilight.

Now let's get started.

Twilight Sparkle

Strengths/Abilities:

•as a unicorn she has magical Abilites. Normally this would mean her magic is limited, however since her special talent is magic itself, her magical capabilities seem unlimited.

•she is exceptional in the arts of

magic. She can levitate objects (and herself if she needs to stop from falling) and transform objects to other things. She can also fire a concussive blast from her horn strong enough to break rocks. She also had limited capabilities in dark magic as well. She has a crap ton of load of spells as well, but it is impossible to tell the limits of Twilight's powers.

•she is capable of teleporting short distances easily and is possible to teleport long distances as well

•she can also create a force field capable of being large enough to cover her home. BUT it is impossible to determine the strength of this force field.

•She seems to have a nack for copying spells she has seen others do. However she is limited by her own abilities. If she isn't trained to handle the spell or strong enough she may not be able to fully copy a spell she has seen.

•she is the most intelligent of the mane six. This is due to her time reading everything she can get her hands on. This has helped her solve numerous problems in the past and has helped her get out of tough situations.

•She is the strategist of the mane six and their groups leader.

Weaknesses:

•Unicorn magic requires concentration and effort, as Twilight explains to Spike in "Feeling Pinkie Keen", and in "Lesson Zero" she says she needs a line of sight to undo the spell. This means that if Twilight can't see her target or can't concentrate she won't be able to land a hit in her target.

•Twilight's magic isn't unlimited. Prolonged use of magic will eventually wear her out. In "Magic Duel" during her confrontation with Trixe, Twilight is clearly tiring out after using several spells in an instant. Also in "Crystal Empire" princess Cadence is clearly shown to be exhausted from prolonged use of magic so that means this law apples to every magic user. In other words if the battle is going on for to long, or most of her spells aren't getting through, then she will eventually wear herself out.

•Her over reliance on her books have led in the past to not being able to handle a situation properly.

•As talented as she is most of her spells misfire or fail. There have been numerous occasion when her spell fails or misfires. Such as the come to life spell in "winter wrap up".

•Most of Twilight's magical abilities are gag and non-combat related. She isn't training to fight and thus she doesn't have a lot of combat spells.

Pinkie Pie

Strengths/ Abilities:

•Pinkie Pie appears to have photographic memory, most notably the ability to remember anything about a person. She will remember what each person will be capable of.

•Pinkie Pie appears to be able manipulate her body. She can twist her neck, inflate herself, squeeze into tight spaces, stretch her neck, etc.

•Pinkie pie is able to break the fourth wall, a force which allowed us the viewer to be separated from the world we are viewing.

•Pinkie can pull items from anywhere for almost any occasion.

•She wields the party canon, a device primarily used for parties. However she did use it in the "Canterlot Weeding" to fight of changelings, so thus the canon can be used for combat.

•She also has a gift for chasing and perusing people. In every event where she was chasing someone they never could escape. Whether this is from speed or teleportation is unknown.

•She also has the "Pinkie Sense". This warns her of danger and what kind of danger she may face, but it also does something more then act as a alarm. It gives her omnipresent detection of her surroundings. This is how in the episode "Mysterious Mare Do-Well" she was able to tell where the debris was going to fall and was able to act accordingly without looking.

Weaknesses:

•she isn't the most serious of the mane six. Even when the fate of Equestria is in their hands, she tends to goof off or not take things as serious.

•while the "Pinkie Sense" warns her of danger it is up to Pinkie to react accordingly. If she does not move or react fast enough she can be hit or be put in danger. This was apparent after she was frozen in fear at the sight of a Hydra, where she clearly saw the danger, but couldn't react accordingly.

Rainbow Dash

Strengths/ Abilities:

•as a Pegasus she can manipulate the weather. She can manipulate the clouds to create lightning/thunder and can manipulate the clouds precipitation. She can also create and control tornados

•she is very durable and resilient. She can smash through trees and solid rock and get right back up.

•she has some moves like the buccaneer blaze (which is so amazing it can't be shown on screen) and somehow it causes an explosion.

•she is a very capable flyer, able to make 90 degree turns with ease.

•she can fly to speeds up to five times the speed of sound. This is apparent by the Mach cone that sometime forms around Rainbow as she flies which proves she has broken the sound barrier. And the angle which proves she can reach Mach 5. Upon reaching Mach 5 she inters hypersonic speeds to create the Sonic Rainboom. When she reaches this she doubles in speed reaching Mach 10 speeds and is still capable of making 90 degree turns. The sonic boom itself completely shatters the visible light spectrum. Not to mention the sonic boom itself is strong enough to split solid rocks and shack mountains.

•she is tenacious and has a never give up aditude.

•She is also a black belt in karate as seen in "Call of the Cutie".

Weaknesses:

•Rainbow is confident in her abilities that she sometimes forgets to watch for her limits. This confidence also tends to make her lazy sometimes as well.

•She is also brash and arrogant, usually the first to rush into a fight without a plan in mind. Relaying solely on her abilities

•Her confidence also tends to make her take challenges she may not be capable of. She prefers to take on a challenge to prove her superiority

Rarity

Strengths/ Abilities:

•She has a gem finding ability which allows her to find gems. These gems can be used as projectiles and it is shown that she can launch objects

•She has a skill of detecting and noticing the slightest of details which may help her in combat

•While at times she may not seem the most serious and doesn't seem to want to fight, piss her off and she enters a rage mode, where she literally wants to hurt you.

•She is more than capable of handling herself in battle as shown in the "Canterlot Wedding"

Weaknesses:

•She can get distracted if what is going on doesn't interest her.

•Like Twilight her magic requires concentration and effort. She is also limited in the amount of magic she can use.

•She doesn't fight unless you piss her off, or the fate of Equestria is resting on her and her friends.

•At times even when on a mission she can get distracted or peruse another goal that suits her interest

Applejack

Strengths/ Abilities:

•Applejack is an athletic pony, capable of running for long periods of time.

•After years of working at Sweet Apple acres she has developed strong rear legs. She is doubtfully the strongest of the mane six in terms of kicking abilities.

•She wields a lasso, which is strong enough to hold down most objects. She is very capable with this lasso and can even snare moving objects.

•She can handle herself in a fight as shown in the "Canterlot Wedding" episode.

Weaknesses:

•She prefers a fair fight and challenge instead of one where she has the advantage.

•Since she spends most of her time working it is possible that she never had time to improve her skills.

•She also suffers from a bad case of pride. This pride at time clouds her judgment and makes her make unwise decisions.

Fluttershy

Strengths/ Abilities:

•as a pegasus she can also manupilate the weather, though she does not seem to do that.

•She has "the Stare" a glare that brings fear to the toughest of creatures.

•Most of the times she is kind and would not fight, but give her a reason, or push her too far and she will push back.

Weaknesses:

•She tends to relay on her friends when in a dangerous situation.

•She does not like fighting

•"the Stare" appears to only work on animals, however this can be disproven.

Okay before I say the result let me make things clear. This is what I came up with after I did my analysis. I am not being bias and picking my favorite character (heck I don't think she won). Also the scenario I will make is what I think will happen based on the characters personalities. Your idea of what may happen will not be the same as mine. Mine is based in the facts I have gathered. The winner is also based on these said facts that I have found.

And without further adu let's begin

Note: if you don't care for the fight and just want a winner then you can skip this part.

Fight

As soon as the fight starts Rainbow Dash will make the first move. She will most likely target Applejack because she wants a challenge and compared to the others, in Rainbow's eyes she will give her the most challenge. Twilight, being the strategist will most likely target Fluttershy as she is the weakest in combat. This will leave Rarity to face Pinkie Pie. Twilight's magic will be too much for Fluttershy, and thus she will beat her. Rainbow Dash and Applejack will fight on and hard, but ultimately Rainbow's speed and arsenal will be too much for Applejack. Even with her lasso, Rainbow is to quick and agile for her to match. Pinkie Pie will be able to avoids Rarity's attacks and could eventually tire her out. This will leave Rarity wide open. Rainbow on the other hand will target Twilight as she will perceive her to be the next most challenging. While Twilight and Rainbow fight, Pinkie Pie will have already have taken out Rarity with her random arsenal. Now at this point Twilight and Rainbow will be fighting hard, and Pinkie Pie may join the brawl because she wants in. Pinkie may be able to avoid some attacks, but she will have a hard time avoiding things like tornadoes. Pinkie will have a hard time with these two since they have the most combat capabilities. Twilight and Rainbow are two powerhouses and they may knock Pinkie out in the crossfigher, what with the elemental abilities, magic blasts, and other things as well. Even with Pinkie Sense, she is limited to her own actions and she can het hit if she is not carful. Rainbow and Twilight will be left alone to fight. Rainbow's tenacity and never give up aditude is what will drive her to continue the match even though she may be tires from the battle with Applejack. Twilight will have some difficulties because the battle has been going on for a while. However in a moment of truth she finds an opening and hits Rainbow, who's personality kept her from seeing the danger, causing her to lose.

Results

There is a reason why Twilight is the leader of the mane six. Not for strength and speed, but for strategy. Twilight understands the strengths and weaknesses of her friends and would react accordingly. She would target the weakest of the group first and let he others handle the rest. This would get rid of some members while letting the rest who win tire out quicker. Pinkie Pie's not so serious nature will undoubtedly go against her and she would be defeated for not knowing how to react accordingly. By the time Rainbow fights Twilight, she would have already been tired from her fight with Applejack and possibly Pinkie Pie. Her never give up attitude will blind her from danger and her clear limits. Twilight would have taken care of Fluttershy easily and would have been in way better shape for the battle with Rainbow Dash even if she did fight Pinkie Pie.

Winner

Twilight Sparkle

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 1

Really, Only RD, TS and PP should even be recognized for this.

And as someone so nicely pointed out, Twilight needs a line of view.

In a serious fight to the death(using their abilities), PP and RD will not get hit as both move far too fast for Twilight.

And frankly, PP beats RD due to several things:

1. Her run(and from the looks of it, not her very fastest one), is comparable to RD's flight speed. No speed of Rainbow Dash's is overcoming that in conjunction with the Pinkie Sense.

2. "Off-Screen Teleportation"

3. Hammerspace.

Do note that if they don't decide to go for full speed immediately, TS wins within the first two seconds of the match with her "magic hold". Against all five. Teaming up against her. TS is ridiculously broken in comparison to the others, powerwise.

Even with her lasso, Rainbow is to quick and agile for her to match.

Aha, That is false. In part 2 of the season 1 first episode, Applejack does lasso Rainbow Dash in midair. So Applejack could beat RD. But I am an Applejack fan, so I might give her more power in my mind. 

I'd have to say that the final ponies left standing would be:

Twilight

Applejack

Rainbow Dash

Sure, Rarity and Pinkie Pie would give it their all.

But, it would be hard to pick in the final three.

Aha, That is false. In part 2 of the season 1 first episode, Applejack does lasso Rainbow Dash in midair. So Applejack could beat RD. But I am an Applejack fan, so I might give her more power in my mind. 

RD can Rainboom at will nowadays. No other pony in the series can compete with that speed, certainly not AJ's lasso. PP can only do this because she can match RD's relatively fast flying speed(not RD's best)+Pinkie Sense.

Twilight would win, I think.  She has demonstrated spells with the ability to stop someone in their tracks, and she would most definitely be able to take Rainbow Dash down with that.  Think - even though Rainbow Dash can fly at the speed of sound, she still has to get close to Twilight to do any damage.  Meanwhile Twilight has the ability to use the distance to her advantage.

Fluttershy would be a dark horse (no pun intended) in a free-for-all, though.  If she used her animal magnetism to get large animals or even an overwhelming swarm of smaller animals to attack, she might win with their help.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight would win, I think. She has demonstrated spells with the ability to stop someone in their tracks, and she would most definitely be able to take Rainbow Dash down with that. Think - even though Rainbow Dash can fly at the speed of sound, she still has to get close to Twilight to do any damage. Meanwhile Twilight has the ability to use the distance to her advantage.

Fluttershy would be a dark horse (no pun intended) in a free-for-all, though. If she used her animal magnetism to get large animals or even an overwhelming swarm of smaller animals to attack, she might win with their help.

This is true about Twilight against Rainbow Dash. Rainbow would need to get close to Twilight to actually do serious damage. Plus Twilight is a strategist and understand the steangths and weaknesses of the other members. She would have a plan in mind to compete against Rainbow's speed.

As for Fluttershy, that would be considered receiving aid. If Fluttershy can get help from the animals then the other members can receive aid as well to make things fair.

We were talking about the characters fighting against each other.

pinkiepie! why

beacause pinkie is so unpridictabe they she still has a abiltys that we do not recognize because shes the most cartonic and if she gets sad and her hair goes down there might be no telling what could happen(and no not cupcakes)

Pony friends don't fight. They'd all give in to each other and gather around for a group hug or something. :P

Twilight is the one with the most power. Her magic just gets stronger and stronger. The others really are at an unfair disadvantage. That said, I think Twilight is the least adept at actual fighting simply because she's more a brainy character and they tend to lack in the brawn department.

Rarity has shown a time or two that she can do close-combat fighting, and in general she is a lot tougher than she seems. And while her magic abilities pale in comparison to Twilight, it still gives her an added edge over the others.

Pinkie Pie is not to be underestimated. She's so crazy at everything she does that she can even keep up with Rainbow Dash. Plus, all of her wacky gadgets and things that she just randomly spawns out of nowhere could probably help too.

Rainbow Dash is the fastest and has a great advantage in the air. Her bold and daring nature means she will have the least trouble getting ready for a fight.

Fluttershy has a sort of "hidden potential" type of power that can get her going at some fast speeds in her own right, plus she can summon whatever powerful animal friends she has to help her.

And then we have Applejack who is the strongest of the lot and has a lot of agility as well as range thanks to her lasso. Naturally, she's the type of pony who would be ready for a tussle.

But uh, I'm still voting for group hug as the winner. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube

Considering there's no outside help, I'd have to say Pinkie, Rarity, and Flutters don't really have much of a chance. Rainbow can fly, which would allow her to avoid Applejack, so she's out. It comes down between Twilight and Rainbow. Twilight doesn't have much to offer in combat, and even if she could, Rainbow can dodge attacks by flying away. She can use her speed to her advantage by getting an impact strike on Twilight. So I say Rainbow.