Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any fans of Kigdom Hearts here

TheMarkz0ne

Anyone here a fan of the kingdom hearts series. To me it's one of the best gaming franchises of all time. It is so innovative for a rpg. The quality is also top notch, because the leap of quality from kingdom hearts 1 to kingdom hearts 2 was so massive. I still wait for a kingdom hearts 3 on the PS4, they missed their chances with putting it on the 360/PS3 because this gaming generation is almost over. Despite tht the handheld games of the series have still been top notch. But who think we will see Kingdom Hearts III is 2016, 10 years after kingdom hearts 2 WOW

I just recently got into the series(only finished the first game and Birth By Sleep), but its a great game, even if the story is horrificly confusing. Square needs to hurry up and make the 3rd game already, I'm getting tired of portable spinoffs :/

As much as I don't like to say it. The portable games are not spin offs. I mean yeah they should just keep the games numbered. But if they are canon to the story than it's not a spin off. A spin off would be if  character from the game got his/her own game. The only game most people consider non canon is recoded because of how horrendous it really is

here is the opening to dream drop distance. It is celebrating 10 years of kingdom hearts and they compile all the games into one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpSio8etRhM

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Kingdom Hearts is one of the best game series of all time, and many people even put it up aginst The Legend of Zelda series. I've played the first game, Chain of Memories (GBA not PS2), and a little bit of 3D. Kingdom Hearts, along with Epic Mickey, are the only reasons I'm still associated with Disney. I believe it should be in the top 5 of everyone's favorite RPG's.

Yeah! Kingdom Hearts is one my most favorite games! Although, it's only at 3 on my Top 5 favorite RPG's. I can't wait for KH3 as well. I jut hope Donald and Goofy come back as companions.

Awwww yeah. I love me some Kingdom Hearts. I'm actually replaying 2 currently. I remember renting KH I when it first came out. I own all of the games except 358/2 days and the Japan only releases. But yeah those games are the shit. Plus Yoko Shimomura is  a brilliant composer and I love all of her work.

I've actually only played chain of memories myself, still I played that game a whole lot when I had it while I was young. I still never got around to playing any of the real kingdom hearts games though. I really need to >_>. I seriously haven't played so many good series that its not even funny.

You know, I've played many, MANY games in my time, however I've never played Kingdom of Hearts.

I haven't ever played The Legend of Zelda either, but that's a different game.

Anyways, both games are on my list of games to play. The list is over 167 items long, but I'll get to them eventually. :w

Edited by UrdiePie

Kingdom Hearts is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Great plot however, the games' releases aren't in chronological order, which confuses the heck out of me with respect to the story line. I suppose it adds some mystery which is a nice touch though. All in all, wonderful game. :3

One of the best franchises EVER. My favorite is 358/2 Days because of the pace and panel system.

Also, you can't really write off Re:Coded because it has story directly affecting the main series. In the secret video at the end

they imply that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be about Sora saving all of the people who were lost to the nothingness like Axel, Roxas, the three from Birth By Sleep, etc) and that Lord Ansem, the REAL one, is back. Also remember that letter at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2? Coded is the tale of what was contained in that letter so it is MOST DEFINITELY canon.

I've yet to play BBS myself but I just got a PSP earlier this week so I WILL have it. :P

I certainly am a great fan of Kingdom Hearts, even though I swear I get so frigging confused of who's the real ansem and who's the real villian and...just shifts constantly

Still, always loved the series even with its convoluted plot 

Too-Many-Ansems-kingdom-hearts-fanfictio

I used to always watch my sister play Kingdom Hearts 2 on the PS2

When I was younger, I remember trying to play it myself, but that didn't work out too well

I remember she made it to the final boss battle, and she was almost gonna beat the whole game

But I think she gave up, I might actually pick up the controller and play it sometime

saw Kigdom in title, thought it was a new game ^_^  Anyways i loved Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Though i didnt really like Sora in 1. he was too much of a dork in my opinion. Sora in 2 was better since he was older and less dorky. I don't really like the hand held titles since they were made to either hold onto the fans by either providing more backstory to certain things. I heard a rumor that Kingdom Hearts 3 was going to be made for the next gen consoles like the Xbox 720

I certainly am a great fan of Kingdom Hearts, even though I swear I get so frigging confused of who's the real ansem and who's the real villian and...just shifts constantly

Still, always loved the series even with its convoluted plot 

img-1174626-1-Too-Many-Ansems-kingdom-he

It's a tad confusing but it's manageable.

Ansem (KHI) is the Heartless of Xehanort (KHII) who was originally Terra (I think? I haven't played BBS yet so don't quote me on this one) who is actually the mix of Xehanort and Terra while the realm Ansem was someone else that Xehanort took the name of for unknown reasons while Riku accepted the darkness from the Heartless Ansem and it became a seed in his heart which then transformed him into Heartless Ansem physically but not mentally.

Edited by Discordian

Yep, right here! I've only played the PS2 games (KH1, Re:COM, and KH2) and Days (may play Re:Coded in the future) because Kingdom Hearts just had to scatter itself over every console known to man. And the two games I want to play the most are of course the ones I can't have. Thank you, YouTube, for letting me watch the cutscenes!

My favorite game was COM, followed by KH1. I for one really liked the combat system of Chain Of Memories, and loved making clever new decks and watching them play out like a clockwork! The bosses, especially Zexion, my favorite boss fight in the entire series, felt like they actually took strategy for a change and you were dead if you tried to button mash your way through. The plotline was great, if stretched out over boring, meaningless KH1 level repeats. Axel didn't feel like the writers' pet and was satisfyingly evil, Riku Replica was a great character, it wasn't all about Xehanort, and you got to play as Riku long, long before Dream Drop Distance. Certainly the game in the series with the best villains.

KH1 was great because first of all, it was focused; it didn't get itself confused or too caught up in tangled plotlines. Second of all, it had amazing, expansive worlds that perfectly incorporated Disney characters into the overarching plot. And lastly, HALLOW BASTION IS THE MOST HARDCORE WORLD EVER. Not many levels can impress you with how awesome they are before you even start them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXVjqVuFUTQ

Speaking of that.. the music for this series is brilliant. I listen to it all the time. 

Edited by Stellafera