Is it me or does Princess Luna hate Twilight?

Stalliongrad

Luna is probably jealous thinking about how that could of been her, had she not turned evil. She may also have a bit of resentment towards Twi, since she kinda ruined her plan to rule Equestria.

img-12468-1-rarity_mlp_forums_signature_
I'm just nobody at all...

Luna probably doesn't understand what Celestia sees in Twilight as a student. Luna must want a student of her own, and probably wants her own night guards. At least the Lunar Republic, can help Luna with that.

What about her bat pony guards?

Yea, I agree though. More jealousy stuff. Maybe... She does get her own student? :o That would be interesting.

She does seem rather bitter around Twi as of Season 3...maybe because her sister still gives Twilight more attention...Season 4 two-parter, maybe?! :D

Yet she appears to be happy at the actual formal coronation, unless it was just a mask.

img-2770-1-KaOopxj.png

no rest for the wizardly.

since she kinda ruined her plan to rule Equestria.

You are aware that that wasn't Luna's plan, correct? That was Nightmare Moon's plan, who was another form of Luna that just....turned bad with 1000 years of pent up rage.

• 11 months later...

Maybe Luna is (understandably) just a little jealous. Twilight is seen as almost closer to Celestia than she is, and this might ruffle her the wrong way with Twilight getting trusted with do much and being so important. Unfortunately, we saw what happened the last time Luna got jealous.

img-1267919-1-Cq4N28G.png

I don't think Luna hates Twilight, but it's obvious that the expressions she gives Twilight in the "Crystal Empire" appear to be annoyed or sorta angry. It's like she was questioning Twilight.

I do, however, think that Luna is still grateful that Twilight turned her into good.

I feel that Luna just questions Celestia's decisions with Twiligjt

Trixie would make a very good protege for Luna.  The redeemed who isn't totally believed and works more subtly than Twi does.  The magic of illusion and the night.

Silvadel, the Pegasus of Insight.

Now that would be interesting. Luna having her own apprentice. I see that being the precursor to the Equestrian Civil War if it ever were canon.

I would like Sunny Shimmer, or Trixie, or maybe one of the element's foal

img-2932814-1-Siggy_zps681ace54.png

boy5400, on 20 Jan 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

I like to think that all of the ponies hate twilight.

Gasp! How can you say such things about Twilight?

1.png?1307901048

Nah, I'm just kidding. I don't think everybody hates Twilight though. The elements of harmony are powered by friendship, yes? If the rest of the mane 6 hated Twilight (Hate is a strong emotion), then how would their power of friendship work? Twilight is obviously liked by her friends, and I don't think any of them hate her. Also, Twilight is best pony. :P (Just my opinion of course)

Anyways, I can understand Luna being a little jealous of Twilight. I think Luna still likes Twilight though.

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

Gasp! How can you say such things about Twilight?

1.png?1307901048

Nah, I'm just kidding. I don't think everybody hates Twilight though. The elements of harmony are powered by friendship, yes? If the rest of the mane 6 hated Twilight (Hate is a strong emotion), then how would their power of friendship work? Twilight is obviously liked by her friends, and I don't think any of them hate her. Also, Twilight is best pony. :P (Just my opinion of course)

Anyways, I can understand Luna being a little jealous of Twilight. I think Luna still likes Twilight though.

lol i love the picture man. i was kidding about all the outer ponies hating twilight she is my second favorite pony next the rarity. 

• Brohoof 1

Credit to Kiki

img-23852-1-post-18984-0-98301200-1417638455.png

It doesnt seem to me that she hates or even dislikes Twilight in the Crystal Empire episode. it just seems to me that she was concerned about sending someone as young and inexperienced as Twilight on such a dangerous and important mission

• Brohoof 1

Well, my personal theory is that she is jealous of Twilight simply because of the praise and recognition she's getting.

Think about this for a moment: You become jealous of your sister's praise because you are equally worthy of it. You try to depose her, and end up locked away for 1000 years. You realise that this was a mistake and try to gain the peoples' respect , but all you do is frighten people. So you still get no love. Then, suddenly someone comes along whose only studied her field for a year and gets the same attention and recognition as Celestia might - a regular pony no less. Surely, you could understand why she'd be silently pissed (and probably a little upset)?

Come to think of it, that actually makes Luna a pretty tragic character.

Edited by SanityNotIncluded