Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Twilight's transition to alicorn princess be permanent?

Commander_PonyShep

380 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think Twilight's princesshood be temporary or permanent?

• Temporary
    • Permanent

It will be permanent. It would be stupid and useless for the writers to give in to Twilicorn haters and shed poor Twiley's wings, not to mention cheesy. Everyone who bought the Twilicorn toy would feel deceived, cheated, and disappointed that alicorn Twilight didn't last very long.

Can't imagine why they'd strip Twiley of her rank as princess and her wings.

I don't think the writers would just do it out of sheer necessity by "giving in" to the demands of the Twilicorn/Alicorn Twilight haters.  Several people have really solid foundations for their dislike of the studious pony's ascension, and pretty much the concept of princess ascension in general.  Other people, well, they're just haters and will hate on anything. 

I could truly foresee the writers doing something reminiscent of Disney's Hercules where there's an event where Twilight decides to sacrifce her princessdom because certain events related to said princessdom would cause her to be separated from her friends.  Though McCarthy said Twilight wouldn't outlive her friends, there's nothing to say she can't/won't be separated from them.  Also, we have to remember that even though DHX is given a certain level of autonomy, Hasbro is slowly assuming more control over the show with DHX having to relinquish the autonomy they once had.

I don't think the writers would just do it out of sheer necessity by "giving in" to the demands of the Twilicorn/Alicorn Twilight haters.  Several people have really solid foundations for their dislike of the studious pony's ascension, and pretty much the concept of princess ascension in general.  Other people, well, they're just haters and will hate on anything. 

I could truly foresee the writers doing something reminiscent of Disney's Hercules where there's an event where Twilight decides to sacrifce her princessdom because certain events related to said princessdom would cause her to be separated from her friends.  Though McCarthy said Twilight wouldn't outlive her friends, there's nothing to say she can't/won't be separated from them.  Also, we have to remember that even though DHX is given a certain level of autonomy, Hasbro is slowly assuming more control over the show with DHX having to relinquish the autonomy they once had.

DHX never had that mythical autonomy. They've always been subject to Hasbro's wish list. Even when Lauren was technically 'in control' she didn't have that autonomy. The idea that the show was at any point free of Hasbro is a weird fan-spawned assumption that has no basis in real life. Things just don't work that way.

With all of this new info and the preview footage, I can safely assume that it is permanent. Why shouldn't it be? The writers clearly have no troubles with it and it advances the show in new directions. Plus, Twilight's personality as a whole is obviously unchanged, so what it the problem?

Really, if it WASN'T permanent and they backed out of it, that would be the show breaker for me personally.

I highly doubt they are going to do that though. There is no reason for them to do so. All that will do is just destroy development and close doors off. It would accomplish nothing at this point, except go back to the status quo. With a great show like this, I do not want that to happen. I want to see it progress and go somewhere.

• Brohoof 2

With all of this new info and the preview footage, I can safely assume that it is permanent. Why shouldn't it be? The writers clearly have no troubles with it and it advances the show in new directions. Plus, Twilight's personality as a whole is obviously unchanged, so what it the problem?

Really, if it WASN'T permanent and they backed out of it, that would be the show breaker for me personally.

I highly doubt they are going to do that though. There is no reason for them to do so. All that will do is just destroy development and close doors off. It would accomplish nothing at this point, except go back to the status quo. With a great show like this, I do not want that to happen. I want to see it progress and go somewhere.

This. So much this.

You don't develop a character, then say "Oh, wait, no, we're going back." I'm an uninspired writer and when I develop a character in one of my (bad) short stories that I sometimes write I don't undo the character development because of the actions and words of a few. That would be piss-poor writing.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I hoenstly agree with @Kyoshi and @Daring since it IS piss poor writing if you change her back and I will doubt the whole entire franchise/show. I can't look into morals if they can't listen to their own morals.

A)I think MMC was amazing. Its psychological and brilliant. She TOTALLY bucked up, demolished and ruined the thoughts of her friends. Imagine having this whole path paved, your working so hard to achieve your goals, and suddenly, its all gone and your found stuck in a talent your not excelling in and you don't utterly understand why. It would make you feel naked, you lost purpose suddenly.

B) Bronies, I'm sorry, but your all hating this because of this one thing shows you weren't a loyal fan of Twilight nor do you show that you can get behind your love and tolerate self. How can you love and tolerate everything but a bucking character? On top:She's been working to be a princess the whole time, so hating the inevitable? Plus, how can you hate when she'll grow, learn and explore? Taking her wings is like taking a whole arch and destroying any changes.

post-17158-0-76895500-1375077955.jpg

Its over reacting.

C) Also, like stated, how can I simply listen when they give morals that contradict what they tell us?

Suited for Sucess:

We learn that if we try to please everyone you won't please anyone, including yourself.

Isn't that contradicting? They can't follow what they themselves set, why should I? I can't change books, mangas, or whatever to please my needs and if I saw this and was a cartoonist, I wouldn't be liked myself for this because if I did this myself AND took her wings back...you basically destroyed devolpement.

For me:

I want to be a cartoonist or something. In my cartoon, Lucilia is a praticing witch who helps stop the bad in their tracks and creates dolls. (DOLLS not being innocent) If I changed Lucilia's past or how she acted later then that would more or less change her development for the worse. The whole way she handles things stems from it. If she doesn't do dolls, then there is no story. The writing would be bad.

Plus, dear fans (Bronies) we learn to not look a gift horse in the mouth too. They gave us so much fan serve and continues to do so. Why attack for this when they did so much for us? They didn't NEED a Scoot episodeepisode, Discord, or Derpy. They GAVE that to us.

Edited by Scootadress

I hoenstly agree with @Kyoshi and @Daring since it IS piss poor writing if you change her back and I will doubt the whole entire franchise/show. I can't look into morals if they can't listen to their own morals.

It wouldn't be poor writing to change her back if you had good enough writers.  An excellent story-designer could find a plot relevant way and incorporate it in any way they choose.  You assume there are limitations just because it seems like it would be a poor plot decision based on similar attempts tried in the past.  True masters of story-writing can build with whatever bricks they're given.

I don't like Mary Sue Twilight and I don't like how she will be leaving Ponyville.  If people are going to complain about these opinions then they are no better than us complaining about the show in the first place.  In the end, Hasbro did what they did for money and there's nothing we can do about that so we might as well make the best out of the situation.  I won't be leaving the show until Hasbro f$cks it up even more.  Instead of harboring on the negatives for so long, we should only make the best out of it and invest some positive energy into "how can we make this work?" and then "how can we make this even better?"

i see no problem in her being a princess, for one she doesnt have a kingdom of her own to rule yet plus now that she is a princess she has more duties like protecting the kingdom more which would mean more adventures of her and her friends

I don't like Mary Sue Twilight and I don't like how she will be leaving Ponyville.
1. How does being an alicorn make her a Mary Sue?

2. She's not leaving Ponyville.

In the end, Hasbro did what they did for money and there's nothing we can do about that so we might as well make the best out of the situation.
You mean like... EVERY OTHER BUSINESS UNDER THE SUN? OMG what a discovery! But really though, it should be obvious that a business decision is done for money as a corporation is, by all means, for-profit. No reason to get mad over it, it's just business.

(edited)

1. How does being an alicorn make her a Mary Sue?

2. She's not leaving Ponyville.

1.)  Oh I don't know.  Probably because she's going to practically be immortal and assuming that Celestia, Luna, and Cadence all have overpowered abilities, she is going to get a deus ex machina-causing OP ability as well.  I don't like the thought of her being more significant than her friends.  She was supposed to be a humble student, and this made it so that a lot of the shows fans could relate to her.  Playing the role of a ruler just doesn't fit her.

2.)  This makes even less sense then.  If she's going to become royalty, why would she live in a small village in a library that was used as a house to feed her endless quest for knowledge when she was a student?

You mean like... EVERY OTHER BUSINESS UNDER THE SUN? OMG what a discovery! But really though, it should be obvious that a business decision is done for money as a corporation is, by all means, for-profit. No reason to get mad over it, it's just business.

This isn't true about every single business.  Believe it or not, there are businesses out there that value the quality of their product over a few thousand more dollars.  I've witnessed some first hand, and have read about some.  It's just unfortunate for us that  Hasbro is trying to squeeze every last dollar out of MLP so that they can expand and promote more of their other products.  It almost seems as though they think it will fail soon and they are milking it for the last of what it is worth.  Although a large chunk of business is money making, they are still created and maintained by people like you and me.  Weather or not these people care about quality is the question.

Edited by John

1.)  Oh I don't know.  Probably because she's going to practically be immortal and assuming that Celestia, Luna, and Cadence all have overpowered abilities, she is going to get a deus ex machina-causing OP ability as well.  I don't like the thought of her being more significant than her friends.  She was supposed to be a humble student, and this made it so that a lot of the shows fans could relate to her.  Playing the role of a ruler just doesn't fit her.

"Twilight Sparkle will not outlive her friends." - Meghan McCarthy

2.)  This makes even less sense then.  If she's going to become royalty, why would she live in a small village in a library that was used as a house to feed her endless quest for knowledge when she was a student?

To further her knowledge? What else.

This isn't true about every single business.  Believe it or not, there are businesses out there that value the quality of their product over a few thousand more dollars.  I've witnessed some first hand, and have read about some.  It's just unfortunate for us that  Hasbro is trying to squeeze every last dollar out of MLP so that they can expand and promote more of their other products. Although a large chunk of business is money making, they are still created and maintained by people like you and me.  Weather or not these people care about quality is the question.

I know there are businesses out there that value the customer over dollars, but even they are still after money. They just don't make it as obvious. As for Hasbro doing this just to squeeze money out of MLP, I shall give you a [citation needed].

• Brohoof 1

http://www.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Twilicorn+controversyhttp://ahrimatt.deviantart.com/art/Rest-in-Peace-Love-351652666

...In Bronycon they stated Twilight isn't leaving. How hard is it to read all over the thread SHE'S NOT LEAVING PONYVILLE? It was confirmed by the writers and at Bronycon itself. Then it was proven that they are more then at least temporary.

In episodes they tell us morals, lesson, etc, right? We need a lesson:NOT TO JUDGE yet.

Twilight has BEEN like this this without the wings. On another thread they addressed the Mary Sue portion so I'm not since my phone isn't going to work if I switch it (if I sound pissed, its my phone. I rewrote these two posts like 10 times each to respond. My phone's shitty.)

I will state though: This happened 3. Times .

Princess Cadence

Equestria Girls

And even Derpy

We can't judge Mary Sues yet.We said Cadence was bad but she reastudenn. We said Equestrian Girls was going to be the WORST, but it wasn't, and Derpy was said to not be in the show, she still is.

You might say this now, but I'm almost going to be positive when I say this:

You won't think that anymore or it'll change. I remember hearing rapid hatemail after Cadence and was hiding from the Derpy onslought. But I'm sure she'll change.

It Kaneldn't be poor writing to change her back if you had good enough writers.  An excellent story-designer could find a plot relevant way and incorporate it in any way they choose.  You assume there are limitations just because it seems like it would be a poor plot decision based on similar attempts tried in the past.  True masters of story-writing can build with whatever bricks they're given.

I don't like Mary Sue Twilight and I don't like how she will be leavig Ponyville.  If people are going to complain about these opinions then they are no better than us complaining about the show in the first place.  In the end, Hasbro did what they did for money and there's nothing we can do about that so we might as well make the best out of the situation.  I won't be leaving the show until Hasbro f$cks it up even more.  Instead of harboring on the negatives for so long, we should only make the best out of it and invest some positive energy into "how can we make this work?" and then "how can we make this even better?"

Though, before her alicorn ways she was always a sue.

She's been sueish the whole time for me and soon, I just left it alone.

(My phone might mess this up, Its annoying me.)

(edited)

"Twilight Sparkle will not outlive her friends." - Meghan McCarthy

Just because Meghan McCarthy said that doesn't mean what I just said won't come true.  She could have meant "will not outlive" as in "will still get to be with."

To further her knowledge? What else.

Twilight is not a student anymore.  Why, for example, would a General who was promoted from private live in barracks with a bunch of non-officers?  To further his battle skills?  Why when he doesn't need to because he's already a general?  The same thing can be applied to Twilight.

I know there are businesses out there that value the customer over dollars, but even they are still after money. They just don't make it as obvious. As for Hasbro doing this just to squeeze money out of MLP, I shall give you a [citation needed].

Once again I will say that, although many businesses are lead by greedy ass holes, some are not and are lead by normal people with some morals.  Saying that they don't make it obvious gives no proof in either direction.  It's just an assumption.

And I'm not even saying all businesses should "Value customers over money."  I think they should value customers to some degree, even if just a  little bit.  I don't think that Hasbro had to go this far just to make a tiny bit more money.  It just shows that they don't value customers, at all.  (At least referring to our subgroup, which probably has given them more money than their target audience)

Though, before her alicorn ways she was always a sue.

She's been sueish the whole time for me and soon, I just left it alone.

I wouldn't say so.  Although she's deus-exed a fair share of times, think about episodes like "A Canterlot Wedding P2"  or "Magic Duel," just to name a few.  In Canterlot wedding, Twilight failed and was unable to retrieve the elements of harmony.  Had not Cadence used an OP ability, they all would have been screwed.

Edited by John

I wouldn't say so.  Although she's deus-exed a fair share of times, think about episodes like "A Canterlot Wedding P2"  or "Magic Duel," just to name a few.  In Canterlot wedding, Twilight failed and was unable to retrieve the elements of harmony.  Had not Cadence used an OP ability, they all would have been screwed.

It wasn't Cadence's ability that beat the Changelings, it was Shining Armor's protection spell. Cadence just gave him enough love to recast it after being drained of all his strength by Chrysalis.

(edited)
Just because Meghan McCarthy said that doesn't mean what I just said won't come true.  She could have meant "will not outlive" as in "will still get to be with."

Yeah, it's not like she's a writer for the show or anything. We can't trust her over anything.

Twilight is not a student anymore.  Why, for example, would a General who was promoted from private live in barracks with a bunch of non-officers?  To further his battle skills?  Why when he doesn't need to because he's already a general?  The same thing can be applied to Twilight.

Touché.

Once again I will say that, although many businesses are lead by greedy ass holes, some are not and are lead by normal people with some morals.  Saying that they don't make it obvious gives no proof in either direction.  It's just an assumption.

I'll give an example. Here, let's take Gabe Newell, co-founder and CEO of Valve Corporation and a big name in the gaming community. Although per Valve policy they don't release their financial reports, Steam is currently the largest digital distributor of PC games (and to a lesser extent, OS X and Linux games) and Gabe Newell is very, very rich as a result of the success of Steam and Valve in the gaming community. He might not make it really obvious, but he loves the dollar just as much as he loves seeing another satisfied customer. Who wouldn't? After all, money runs the world now, doesn't it?

Edited by Daring
  • Brohoof 1

It wasn't Cadence's ability that beat the Changelings, it was Shining Armor's protection spell. Cadence just gave him enough love to recast it after being drained of all his strength by Chrysalis.

Hm..  Yeah, I guess that's the way they were planning on us interpreting it.  I always thought that his spell only keeps things out and doesn't interfere with what's inside though.  This belief of mine was amplified by the fact that Cadence is seen doing a similar spell during the season 3 launch episodes and this spell prevented all of Sombra's magic from existing within the barrier.

Yeah, it's not like she's a writer for the show or anything. We can't trust her over anything.

Well I'm not saying that we can't trust her, I'm saying that her interpretation of what "will not outlive" may be different than what we are assuming it to be.

I'll give an example Here, let's take Gabe Newell, co-founder and CEO of Valve Corporation and a big name in the gaming community. Although per Valve policy they don't release their financial reports, Steam is currently the largest digital distributor of PC games (and to a lesser extent, OS X and Linux games) and Gabe Newell is very, very rich as a result of the success of Steam and Valve in the gaming community. He might not make it really obvious, but he loves the dollar just as much as he loves seeing another satisfied customer. Who wouldn't? After all, money runs the world now, doesn't it?

I know Gabe loves money.  We all love money.  But just because Gabe loves money doesn't mean that he loses his humanity over the dollar.  If you agree with this then you should have no problem agreeing with what I said previously.  :P

Once again l say that, although many businesses are lead by greedy ass holes, some are not and are lead by normal people with some morals.  Saying that they don't make it obvious gives no proof in either direction.  It's just an assumption.

Twilight does shit the SAME way.

RETURN OF HARMON PART 2:

She restores their faith via magical spell. She doesn't show us directly what she did but she did a random spell that turned ponies normal. Same in MMC. She also failed since, for a pony so smart, like a sue, she IS UTTERLY STUPID AT TIMES. She was told by Discord they were IN THE LIBRARY. She has this history of doing stupid things without realizing it.

She never really even learned from her paranoia.

She also didn't get blamed for anything. She didn't even help her friends without someone helping her herself.

In fact, there are times were she's escused for doing nothing while her friends do the work.

Magical Duel wouldn't have ever happened if it wasn't for the hostility the ponies had in Boast Busters.

A) Twilight is EVERYONE'S teacher, Celestia said this. She's progressing with friendship and helping others. We don't need to understand more since its clear that she's there under those circumstances.

B)She IS NOT immortal. She is NOT going to leave her friends. She's been told to not be immortal for the last time and we learn she WILL be friends still and stay in Ponyville.

(edited)

In the "Hasbro Doesn't Value Customers" ring, no fandom alive today knows this lesson better than us Jurassic Park fans. Hasbro has crapped on us for the past decade with repaints of the worst Jurassic Park toys ever produced, tantalizes us constantly with newer and nicer stuff, and then rarely, if ever, releases it. This year is the first in 10 that we've gotten a half-way decent sculpt. But the two figures (yes, only two, then the rest of the line were more bad repaints) that we got STILL were not of equal quality to the old Kenner figures. Something you should all know about Hasbro is that Star Wars is their bread and butter. MLP, however, is a hot button. And look at everything we're getting from Hasbro from it. Think Jurassic Park would ever get such nice fan service. You wish. Take advantage of this fanservice while its still happening. At least we have an ear to yell into.

Edited by Dinos4Ever

Well, anyway, we're not Hasbro (on that note, I live a few minutes away from their corporate headquarters in Pawtucket), we don't know what's going to happen and we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds. I'm pretty enthusiastic about season 4 and I'm not the only one who is.

(edited)

Hm..  Yeah, I guess that's the way they were planning on us interpreting it.  I always thought that his spell only keeps things out and doesn't interfere with what's inside though.  This belief of mine was amplified by the fact that Cadence is seen doing a similar spell during the season 3 launch episodes and this spell prevented all of Sombra's magic from existing within the barrier.

Personally, I think the spell does only keep things out. However, the first time we saw Canterlot in the episode, the shield was already clearly visible, and we only saw him reinforce it to show Twilight, not cast it from scratch. At the end, though, it expanded outwards from the center, and so could push away the Changelings even though they were already within the radius covered by the spell previously. So it can still be a spell that keeps things out and have the effect we saw at the end without a contradiction.

As for Crystal Empire, although Cadence's spell did keep out Sombra, it seemed much more tenuous than Shining Armour's version, and had to be constantly cast. And even that drained her to the point of exhaustion. It's pretty clear that Shining Armour is stronger than Cadence in terms of magic.

Edited by Full Spectrum

I'm sure we've all by now accepted the fact that Twilight's change is permanent. After the season 3 finale premiered, it was highly unlikely that Twilight would change back to a unicorn. I initially wasn't a fan of Twilicorn, but I knew that all of the impermanence claims going around were just wishful thinking from Twilicorn haters. Now we've had Equestria Girls as well as a sneak preview of season 4, and both of those releases make it clear that Twilight will not be going back to how she used to be. Even though I prefer Twilight as a unicorn, I would HATE to see Twilight changed back to one. One thing I do like about Twilight's new wings/status is that it represents how far she's grown thanks to friendship, and to see her go back to normal after all those scenes depicting her growth would be incredibly cheap as well as disastrous to the storyline.

(edited)

Twilight does shit the SAME way.

RETURN OF HARMON PART 2:  

She restores their faith via magical spell. She doesn't show us directly what she did but she did a random spell that turned ponies normal.

(This is not unreasonable considering she does study magic and is very talented at it.  We know she's not overpowered in magic because she fails to do a variety of spells a variety of times.  Remember when she couldn't do the age spell?  There's so many examples.  Besides, I did state that she does have her fair share of Deus moments, however this is mostly due to each episode's limited time span.  Part of the reason I liked her as a character is because she actually had limits.

Same in MMC. She also failed since, for a pony so smart, like a sue, she IS UTTERLY STUPID AT TIMES.

Exactly.  Sues are not balanced.  I would say that Twilight was balanced before.  She has very neat tricks but is not OP 100% of the time.  She was told by Discord they were IN THE LIBRARY. She has this history of doing stupid things without realizing it.  She is not human and lives in a magical world of ponies.  Not to mention she grew up in canterlot.  I would not expect her to be street smart.

She never really even learned from her paranoia.  What?..  What does this have to do with...  Never mind.

She also didn't get blamed for anything. She didn't even help her friends without someone helping her herself.  Wait.. So?

In fact, there are times were she's escused for doing nothing while her friends do the work.  ?

Magical Duel wouldn't have ever happened if it wasn't for the hostility the ponies had in Boast Busters.  Your point?

You quoted my post but didn't respond to all of my sections accordingly.  ^.^

A) Twilight is EVERYONE'S teacher, Celestia said this.  ...Really? Interesting.  She's progressing with friendship and helping others. We don't need to understand more since its clear that she's there under those circumstances.

B)She IS NOT immortal. She is NOT going to leave her friends. She's been told to not be immortal for the last time and we learn she WILL be friends still and stay in Ponyville.  When did I say?...  Uhhhg.. never mind...

Overall, its important that we all watch Season 4 and judge it from there.  Could it be the best season ever?  Yes, depending on what the writers, animators and concept designers + musicians do with it.  Could it also be complete shit?  Possibly.  Lets all just watch and find out.

and to see her go back to normal after all those scenes depicting her growth would be incredibly cheap as well as disastrous to the storyline.

I would have to disagree.  We should never assume that a certain plot choice will end up bad.  A truly skilled story writer has the ability to shape these things into intricate, witty and plot-friendly ideas.  They have no limitations outside of their imagination.

I for one, would love to see her get framed for something big and lose her wings.  This would, in my opinion, make way for an extremely in-depth plot with her friends sticking by her side.

Edited by John

You quoted my post but didn't respond to all of my sections accordingly.  ^.^

Overall, its important that we all watch Season 4 and judge it from there.  Could it be the best season ever?  Yes, depending on what the writers, animators and concept designers + musicians do with it.  Could it also be complete shit?  Possibly.  Lets all just watch and find out.

I kind of can't address you multiple times and show your direct quotes because, like I state earlier, my phone is shit. I barely type without it deleting half of my speech. That and soon it got tedious to retypeeverything1 T 

Its hard to argue via phone ^^" my phone hates me. You only had recievereceive tiny pieces of what I would normanorma

send but its getting annoying to correct my phone.

I would have to disagree.  We should never assume that a certain plot choice will end up bad.  A truly skilled story writer has the ability to shape these things into intricate, witty and plot-friendly ideas.  They have no limitations outside of their imagination.

I for one, would love to see her get framed for something big and lose her wings.  This would, in my opinion, make way for an extremely in-depth plot with her friends sticking by her side.

I agree that an amazing writer can make bad ideas turn out to be very good (in my opinion, Equestria Girls is a good example), but I just can't see any good come out of Twilight turning back to normal. After scenes like Celestia's ballad and Twilight's coronation speech, I feel like she can't go back to a unicorn. All the emotion from those scenes would be robbed, knowing that Twilight just goes back to normal. Those scenes to me show that Twilight's life has changed, and she will be going down a new path in her life. Going back to the way things were would destroy that meaning completely.

I do think that your framing plot could turn out to be very interesting, but I'm sure that Twilight would redeem herself in the end and get her wings back. There might be a scene of Twilight losing her wings temporarily (kind of like how Discord robbed her of her horn), but in the long run I think she'll always remain an Alicorn from now on.

• Brohoof 1

I agree that an amazing writer can make bad ideas turn out to be very good (in my opinion, Equestria Girls is a good example), but I just can't see any good come out of Twilight turning back to normal. After scenes like Celestia's ballad and Twilight's coronation speech, I feel like she can't go back to a unicorn. All the emotion from those scenes would be robbed, knowing that Twilight just goes back to normal. Those scenes to me show that Twilight's life has changed, and she will be going down a new path in her life. Going back to the way things were would destroy that meaning completely.

Ehh, not everybody has the same perspective on EG as you do.  I didn't think it was good at all and thought it was a colossal vibe-killer.  I don't accept everything thrown in front of me pony related out of blind optomism like some people do (not neccesarrily you, but others.  You may have good reasons for thinking EG was good, I just don't share them.) :P

I see what your saying about the speech and all, but a good writer knows how to manipulate these things for their own benefit.  :P

I do think that your framing plot could turn out to be very interesting, but I'm sure that Twilight would redeem herself in the end and get her wings back. There might be a scene of Twilight losing her wings temporarily (kind of like how Discord robbed her of her horn), but in the long run I think she'll always remain an Alicorn from now on.

Well I think she will too, I just wish she wouldn't.  It kind of renders all of the social ranks meaningless throughout the show.  No matter where she goes, everypony's going to respect her and treat her like royalty.  Not to mention the countless ponies who will be uncomfortable around her.

Hasbro advancing Twilight to this stage just makes me feel like they are trying to approach their final season.  (Think about it, RD becomming a wonderbolt and everything.)  It seems like they are trying to close off all stories.  There could have been so many more adventures and good stories to tell, but now Twilight pretty much won.  I don't see what else there is to talk about besides some cheap villain being introduced that's obviously going to be defeated fully.

• Brohoof 1

@@Genepool,

Perhaps you're right, but I doubt that'll happen, because Tara Strong explicitly said that as Twilight Sparkle, her relationship with her friends will be the same. She also, just for the record, said not to hate on Twilicorn.

• Brohoof 2