Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Twilight's transition to alicorn princess be permanent?

Commander_PonyShep

380 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think Twilight's princesshood be temporary or permanent?

• Temporary
    • Permanent

Personally, I think the spell does only keep things out. However, the first time we saw Canterlot in the episode, the shield was already clearly visible, and we only saw him reinforce it to show Twilight, not cast it from scratch. At the end, though, it expanded outwards from the center, and so could push away the Changelings even though they were already within the radius covered by the spell previously. So it can still be a spell that keeps things out and have the effect we saw at the end without a contradiction.

As for Crystal Empire, although Cadence's spell did keep out Sombra, it seemed much more tenuous than Shining Armour's version, and had to be constantly cast. And even that drained her to the point of exhaustion. It's pretty clear that Shining Armour is stronger than Cadence in terms of magic.

Or maybe she can't do shields in general? She's specialized in love magic, its far from shields.Its probably the problem of the spells. Twilight can't sew but Rarity can. Its just how unicorns are, I guess? Maybe they have specific talents and specific magic for the talents. It also didn't help that no one believed and felt happiness in store until later. (Maybe she runs on Love? Her mark grows from it)

I'm pretty sure it's permanent. I mean, Celestia granted Twilight as a alicorn after all. She isn't Trollestia. :lol: Well, Twilight is going to be a alicorn for a while.

It's permanent. Twilight attained alicornhood after she reached true enlightenment on the magic of friendship.  It's been stated that Rarity is now a world famous fashion designer. Why else would her designs be in a best-of-the-best boutique in Canterlot and a world famous pop star like Sapphire Shores commission designs.

As for Rainbow Dash, she will be a Wonderbolt. I think the only reason she isn't one already is because of age restrictions. It's likely that the Mane 6 are in their mid to late teens.  That would also explain why their human equivalents are in high school.

Ehh, not everybody has the same perspective on EG as you do.  I didn't think it was good at all and thought it was a colossal vibe-killer.  I don't accept everything thrown in front of me pony related out of blind optomism like some people do (not neccesarrily you, but others.  You may have good reasons for thinking EG was good, I just don't share them.) :P

This reminds me a bit of a Steam convo I had with one of my friends. He believes the fandom is dying and in complete disarray over Twilicorn and EqG, but what I'm seeing is a fandom that's thriving despite internal conflicts over things. Think of it as two sides of a coin. One side I see heads, the other you see tails. One side, a fandom in chaos. The other, a prosperpus fandom.

Maybe it really is all a matter of perspective. Thriving, thrives, will thrive. Dying, dies, will die.

Or maybe she can't do shields in general? She's specialized in love magic, its far from shields.Its probably the problem of the spells. Twilight can't sew but Rarity can. Its just how unicorns are, I guess? Maybe they have specific talents and specific magic for the talents. It also didn't help that no one believed and felt happiness in store until later. (Maybe she runs on Love? Her mark grows from it)

Which brings up the question why Shining wasn't the one primarily behind the shield spell, since it seems to be his specialty. They could have reversed the two characters through most of the episode, with Cadence going to meet the Mane6 and getting fettered by Sombra, while Shining is being drained holding the shield up. If nothing else it would have a slight reversal of gender roles, with Cadence being 'active' in defending against Sombra's attack directly, with Shining being 'passive' holding the shield together.

Which brings up the question why Shining wasn't the one primarily behind the shield spell, since it seems to be his specialty. They could have reversed the two characters through most of the episode, with Cadence going to meet the Mane6 and getting fettered by Sombra, while Shining is being drained holding the shield up. If nothing else it would have a slight reversal of gender roles, with Cadence being 'active' in defending against Sombra's attack directly, with Shining being 'passive' holding the shield together.

I wanted to say why hadn't Shining just put the shield up when he needed to, but perhaps maybe it wasn't made for Sombra? Changelings are one thing, they are only strong when lots of love is present and given the chance, but Sombra needed to be defeated by the Royal Sisters, but they didn't actually beat him.  Then again, I wanted to question why couldn't just both of them put the shield up? If Shining did need an extra reinforcement for the shield, Cadence could have easily done it without either drained. Though, neither would be useful at protecting the Empire. (Though, that shield was amazing..) Cadence was low herself and Shining alone could do the shield, but would ultimately fail if its not suited for dangers higher then Changelings.

Cadence ran on Love from the ponies around her, which is how the crystals also become stronger. It wouldn't make sense for for HER to run the shield since the ponies needed extra help to make the ponies love her and the kingdom. She wouldn't be strong in any way possible if she didn't have the power. (Like how the Changelings need love to eat, its the same to be stronger for her)  Maybe the writers didn't see that one coming? They wanted to prove how much love Cadence probably had to do a deed that was out of her element. Though, it sounds dumb too since her power isn't for that. 

(edited)

This reminds me a bit of a Steam convo I had with one of my friends. He believes the fandom is dying and in complete disarray over Twilicorn and EqG, but what I'm seeing is a fandom that's thriving despite internal conflicts over things. Think of it as two sides of a coin. One side I see heads, the other you see tails. One side, a fandom in chaos. The other, a prosperpus fandom.

Maybe it really is all a matter of perspective. Thriving, thrives, will thrive. Dying, dies, will die.

When did I say we were a part of the fandom that was too weak to live on?  Just because we don't agree with what you thought was good doesn't mean we're a "fandom in chaos."  We still have our beliefs, and just because the show changed (in our opinion for the worst) doesn't mean we have to completely abandon it.  But if the fandom is going to turn into all EQG fans and Twilicorn suckers I'm going to want to leave because nobody is going to be like me.  As long as we stick together and assert our beliefs, we should be fine.

We shouldn't have to conform to a bad idea just to be considered to "thrive" within the fandom.  We can have our beliefs and it shouldn't affect what we we're originally fans of.  People on the contrary tend to consider themselves "prosperous" just because they blindly agree with every little thing Hasbro's done.  What I'm saying is that just because we don't like Twilicorn or EG doesn't mean we're going to "die off."  Many of us still have our reasons for liking the show and unless EG and Twilicorn promoters trample over these reasons we will not have to leave the fandom.

I'm taking sort of a "federalist-like" approach to the fandom.  While it could very well split into two sections that are fans for different reasons and (in one way) completely different fandoms, I believe that staying united will give us more power and presence.

Edited by John

When did I say we we're a part of the fandom that was too weak to live on?  Just because we don't agree with what you thought was good doesn't mean we're a "fandom in chaos."  We still have our beliefs, and just because the show changed (in our opinion for the worst) doesn't mean we have to completely abandon it.  But if the fandom is going to turn into all EQG fans and Twilicorn suckers I'm going to want to leave because nobody is going to be like me.  As long as we stick together and assert our beliefs, we should be fine.

I'm just saying, one of my friends believes the fandom is dying even though I'm seeing it thriving.

I agree with you saying that we need to stick together. Look at the Doctor Who and Star Trek fandoms. I've heard bad things about the Star Trek movies and some of the spinoffs (not a Trekkie) and some of the modern Doctor Who stuff (again, not a Whovian) but yet, despite that, those fandoms live on because the fans stuck together through despite the shit that happened. Teamwork is magic after all. Just like friendship.

As much as I would enjoy leaving Princess Twilight and her new royal duties alone, I think that Twilight won't want to leave her friends behind, just like Rainbow didn't in episode 2, season 1. Everybody else has made sacrifices to stay with the group (maybe with the exception of Rarity, having most of her privileges taken from her), so why shouldn't Twilight? What if Princess Celestia gets Twilight to govern a kingdom? How is she going to be able to see her friends? Twilight is now IMMORTAL, I don't think that Immortality is given up freely because they're your friends.

I hate to say it, but I honestly believe that Twilight will have a change of heart and go back to being Twilight Sparkle, Princess of no-one, Ruler of No-where :( 

Awilight is now IMMORTAL, I don't think that Immortality is given up freely because they're your friends.

It has been stated officially that Twilight will not live longer than her friends. So either she is not immortal, or they all are.

i think its permanent sensing twilight is one of the main cast and having one of the main cast become a princess would be appealing to the target audience of the show 

but i do see an episode in the future where either someone would try to steal twilights alicorness or try to copy her and become like the 1st evil alicorn in the show

(edited)

Nope.jpg

There's no way they built up all the tension and made Twilight a princess for a plot device in the next season.  I mean, it's a nice sentiment to think that Twilight would sacrifice her Princess-hood for her friends and I'm sure she would.  I just don't see it coming to that.  The way I see it, a lot of cash went into animating that last episode, especially the part where Twilight gets her wings.  Hasbro would fork out that much cash for a few episodes?  No way, not happening.  Princess Twilight is here to stay.  I don't get what the problem with her is anyway? So she has wings? So the thing I expected to happen most happened? So she's gonna need more books?  It's not that big of a deal.  I think we should just love and embrace the new Twilight, I'm sure she's going through a lot already. 

Edited by Night Shadow
  • Brohoof 2

Twilight giving up her wings? That's like saying to the Lv. 30 D&D character who just killed the demon lord and is ascended to godhood and all of that, "Nope, sorry. Because the other members of the party don't want you to achieve your final destiny, you suddenly lose your godhood. Good day to you."

Yeah... no. Sorry. She's going to keep her wings. I'd like to see what the writers do with that.

• Brohoof 1

I would like to see this as a permanent thing. Twilight being an alicorn opens so many doors for new episodes. There are so many things they can do with alicorn Twilight. I expect to see an episode where Rainbow Dash is helping Twilight learn to fly, since in Equestria girls she does mention she still does not know how to fly. I see in the beginning she is unsure about being a princess but I see her friends helping her through that rough patch of the new her. So I say it is permanent.

Edited by Xelphos

As inclined as I am to believe that yes, I believe Twilight will permanently be an alicorn, and no, she is not immortal, it's sad for me to say that the notion that all alicorns are immortal is stronger than some of us would like, because for nearly a whole two seasons, the notion was true; only two alicorns were known, and they were demonstrated to be immortal, thus "all known alicorns were immortal". So when Cadance was introduced, naturally, we were inclined to believe she was immortal as well, since she became a known alicorn. The only arguments that could be made for Cadance's mortality were weak ones like, "We don't know how long she's been around for," or, "She and Twilight seemed to age at the same rate." It's no wonder one would think the same of Twilight.

And even though a new argument has prevented itself, that we know Twilight and Cadance ascended from common tribes whereas we know not if Celestia and Luna went through the same process, so has the notion that because Twilight and Cadance ascended, all alicorns are inherently ascended. These four princesses' lives have blanks in their lives where the others do not, yet the argument that Twilight is immortal seems to be rooted solely in actual, factual information, whether or not it relates to Twilight herself. The only way this notion can be challenged is if the statement that "Twilight won't outlive her friends" actually presents itself within the show. Because honestly, who would bother to listen what the current showrunners are saying?

These guys are only looking at what the show has given them, and they don't like what they're looking at.

Edited by immblueversion

Great Celestia! I can't believe these threads are still around! The Twilight we saw in Equestria Girls is likely very close to what we'll see in S4 and I think she was exactly what the writers promised.

Twilight was never on the same level as her friends, see Boast Busters, but if they didn't care than we shouldn't either. Nothing that happend to Twilight goes against her character. She's been growing the whole time, but so have her friends. I'm very excited about season 4 and seeing more of her as a Princess. The haters will either accept the changes or leave the fandom, and, if so, that's fine.

I really don't get the outlive her friends meme. Nobody wants to see Twilight alone, but she will outlive some of friends unless they all die at the same time, which Habro will never want to show anyway.

Edited by Nature Spell

Oh, heavens! Why would it only be temporary? That would just be a mean joke. I wouldn't want to see Twilight be all sad because it was only temporary. Her becoming an Alicorn represents her advancing as a student. If Celestia made her a unicorn again, it'd be like saying "Meh, maybe you weren't quite done yet." or "I was just kidding. Trolololol".

Oh, heavens! Why would it only be temporary? That would just be a mean joke. I wouldn't want to see Twilight be all sad because it was only temporary. Her becoming an Alicorn represents her advancing as a student. If Celestia made her a unicorn again, it'd be like saying "Meh, maybe you weren't quite done yet." or "I was just kidding. Trolololol".

I don't think Celestia made her an alicorn if you watch the last episode it's Twilights Magic aura that changes her not Celestia's. I think Twilight triggered it her self when she completed her destiny.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Celestia made her an alicorn if you watch the last episode it's Twilights Magic aura that changes her not Celestia's. I think Twilight triggered it her self when she completed her destiny.

You know, that's an interesting thought...

What if every unicorn, or even every pony, has the ability to become an Alicorn if they reach or complete their ultimate goals or destiny? Or if they are just that powerful?

An interesting thought. Plus, it gives me more hope for Princess Big Mac.

• Brohoof 1

You know, that's an interesting thought...

What if every unicorn, or even every pony, has the ability to become an Alicorn if they reach or complete their ultimate goals or destiny? Or if they are just that powerful?

An interesting thought. Plus, it gives me more hope for Princess Big Mac.

I do not think it would work that way, as Twilight was the soul of the Element of Magic and  I think that had a big role in her ascension to alicorn.

Edited by Xelphos

I do not think it would work that way, as Twilight was the soul of the Element of Magic and  I think that had a big role in her ascension to alicorn.

Aw, no Princess Big Mac?

Good point, perhaps it's the magic of the Element of Magic, or the fact that she represents it rather, that gave her the ability to transcend unicornhood.

Hopefully we'll learn more about it next season!

• Brohoof 1

It was a shock to me when she gained her wings, and I do support it 100%, but do you think she'll ever let the 'princess' thing go to her head and loose her wings somehow? Maybe not in Season 4, but it could happen in the future somehow, but how?!

Please leave a comment below and let the world see the reason she could/would loose her wings (+ princess if you wana), and brohoof this!

post-18698-0-90521500-1375814173.jpg

post-18698-0-90521500-1375814173.jpg

She just got them, I don't think they will take them away ever though because that was her goal was to become a princess. Now, she needs to learn how to be a princess. If i had to take a guess what it represents in the series is that their is still half left. Yay! :)

Edited by Radost

Perhaps, maybe she gets corrupted and loses her alicorn powers temporarily.

But like in other threads : I highly doubt she'll ever return into a plain unicorn anymore, she took quite a big role in the universe of Ponyville, i doubt Hasbro would cancel that task.

@,

I've merged your thread with an existing one that we had for the purpose of sharing whether we think Twilight's transformation is permanent, as that seemed to the purpose of the topic you created. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I don't think it's going anywhere.