Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicorn  

959 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support Twilicorn?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I have just a few problems with twilight being a alicorn.

Number 1 is that alicorns I thought were supposed to be rare and now alicorns are everywhere in the show! If they put princess sklya in the show there would be to many alicorns!

Number 2 ok long rant time. Twilight doesn't do anything really in the series much, and she becomes a alicorn for this!!!!!!!! Here is what I mean: in the nightmare moon episode, the second episode, rarity has to cut off her tail which is very special to her. Rainbow had to give up being with a flying team and twilight didnt do anything! In the last episode of season 3, magical mystery cure, all of the mane 6 have to suffer about the switch cutie marks. Who doesn't suffer at all in the episode but become a alicorn for it? TWILGHT! Poor pinkie had to go straight maned!

Number 1 is that alicorns I thought were supposed to be rare and now alicorns are everywhere in the show! If they put princess sklya in the show there would be to many alicorns!

Number 2 ok long rant time. Twilight doesn't do anything really in the series much, and she becomes a alicorn for this!!!!!!!! Here is what I mean: in the nightmare moon episode, the second episode, rarity has to cut off her tail which is very special to her. Rainbow had to give up being with a flying team and twilight didnt do anything! In the last episode of season 3, magical mystery cure, all of the mane 6 have to suffer about the switch cutie marks. Who doesn't suffer at all in the episode but become a alicorn for it? TWILGHT! Poor pinkie had to go straight maned!

Please don't repeat yourself like that, it doesn't help you at all with you what you're trying to say.

Actually Twilight has done much more then you're giving her credit for, even though she had the help for friends often times. The others would have never have come together to go in search of the Elements of Harmony or even be able to understand what's going on Twilight would have never gone to Ponyville let alone defeat Nightmare Moon. Without Twilight Ponyville would have never been able to become organized enough to actually wrap up winter like they're supposed to. They would have never been able to defeat Discord without Twilight or overcome their discorded state to save Equestria. Twilight's friends or Princess Celestia would not have even known about Queen Chrysalis, let alone have the means fighting her through Princess Cadence and Shining Armor. The Crystal Empire being saved or the crystal heart being found to defeat King Sombra wouldn't have been possible without Twilight even though in the end it was Spike that save the day. Lastly Twilight finished a powerful spell created by Starswirl the Bearded through her understanding of friendship.

This is listing only the big things she has done. Twilight Sparkle has proven she can be a leader, she's proven she can be brave, she has proven that she is willing to learn, that because of her friends she has everything she would needs to eventually lead Equestria

The above post is for you I just forgot to quote you. I hope my words help you reconsider some of what you said. Also, next time, don't try pushing aside Twilight's accomplishments Edited by EquestrianScholar

That is if they put her in which granted is likely but not yet confirmed, if they do go ahead with it though alicorns can still be called rare though I really think that should be the last alicorn for quite a while maybe even the last one period as I do agree that we shouldn't just be having alicorns keep popping up out of nowhere.

Number 2 ok long rant time. Twilight doesn't do anything really in the series much, and she becomes a alicorn for this!!!!!!!! 

Twilight is the most well developed character even among the mane 6, she has done quite a bit in the series perhaps not enough to justify her becoming an alicorn princess but still. Yes it was too soon and yes the introduction was seriously botched, but the whole "Twilight didn't do anything" argument dosen't really apply, although there is a credible case of her not quite doing enough. It dosen't discount what she has already accomplished but essentially becoming a god or at the very least a demigod is a pretty big deal.

Essentially becoming a god or at the very least a demigod is a pretty big deal.

That is of course if you're of the group believes the royal sisters are goddess. I personally do not think they are. Heck there are more powerful characters in Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k, the whole elven race I feel actually being comparable to what Celestia and Luna are. The only thing that would allow the royal sisters to be comparable to even with a mythological deities is the sole fact they raise the sun and moon something I must add unicorns once did.

Of any case Cadence and Twilight are awakened not born alicorns, which I feel makes a big difference. It has already been confirmed that Twilight will not outlive her friends which tells me she won't have the long life/immortality that Celestia and Luna have.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

honestly, I am in a neutral state about alicorn twilight.  When she first leaked on to the internet, I hated it.  Now it just doesn't matter to me.  I'll just have to wait untill S4 to make a final desision.  

The only thing that would allow the royal sisters to be comparable to even with a mythological deities is the sole fact they raise the sun and moon something I must add unicorns once did.

Yes, but were there any unicorns powerful enough to do that without any assistance? The only unicorn that I know of that would be powerful enough is King Sombra and I doubt even the most powerful unicorns at the time where even close to that level of power except for possibly the likes of Starswirl the Bearded. So yes unicorns once did that but it is very unlikely that one single unicorn was able to do it by him/herself.

Of any case Cadence and Twilight are awakened not born alicorns, which I feel makes a big difference. It has already been confirmed that Twilight will not outlive her friends which tells me she won't have the long life/immortality that Celestia and Luna have.

Yes, that is exactly why I said god or demigod earlier, yes I agree that Twilight and Cadence are not the same class as Celestia and Luna. Even when my opposition was at its strongest I never had any fear that Twilight would outlive or leave her friends but I did have fears that would become an overpowered Mary Sue. I still have some lingering concerns but I am neutral, at this point I am just waiting for season 4 and hoping for the best because Equestria Girls ended up being way better than I anticipated so I think twilicorn even as flawed as its introduction has been deserves the same chance.

I think Twilight should replace Celestia. Because seriuosly, I don't really like the Solar Empire. Sorry to all of you Solar Empire ponies, but I'm Lunar republic all the way! But yes I do support Twilight being a princess/ alicorn

I think Twilight should replace Celestia. Because seriuosly, I don't really like the Solar Empire. Sorry to all of you Solar Empire ponies, but I'm Lunar republic all the way! But yes I do support Twilight being a princess/ alicorn

Lauren Faust did originally intend Twilight to be a successor to Celestia but not an alicorn but there are a few other things she intended which didn't come to pass so we don't know if Twilight in fact succeed Celestia. Even if she does though even if it is botched even further I highly doubt it will happen right away. We don't know what Twilight's responsibilities will be, we know that she will most likely remain in Ponyville and there is the possibility of the mane 6 doing a bit more traveling. 

Lauren Faust did originally intend Twilight to be a successor to Celestia but not an alicorn but there are a few other things she intended which didn't come to pass so we don't know if Twilight in fact succeed Celestia. Even if she does though even if it is botched even further I highly doubt it will happen right away. We don't know what Twilight's responsibilities will be, we know that she will most likely remain in Ponyville and there is the possibility of the mane 6 doing a bit more traveling. 

Yes. Not right away but..... soon. I wouldn't understand if Twilight replaced Celestia not as a princess. So it's better that they did make her a princess in my opinion.

Please don't repeat yourself like that, it doesn't help you at all with you what you're trying to say.

Actually Twilight has done much more then you're giving her credit for, even though she had the help for friends often times. The others would have never have come together to go in search of the Elements of Harmony or even be able to understand what's going on Twilight would have never gone to Ponyville let alone defeat Nightmare Moon. Without Twilight Ponyville would have never been able to become organized enough to actually wrap up winter like they're supposed to. They would have never been able to defeat Discord without Twilight or overcome their discorded state to save Equestria. Twilight's friends or Princess Celestia would not have even known about Queen Chrysalis, let alone have the means fighting her through Princess Cadence and Shining Armor. The Crystal Empire being saved or the crystal heart being found to defeat King Sombra wouldn't have been possible without Twilight even though in the end it was Spike that save the day. Lastly Twilight finished a powerful spell created by Starswirl the Bearded through her understanding of friendship.

This is listing only the big things she has done. Twilight Sparkle has proven she can be a leader, she's proven she can be brave, she has proven that she is willing to learn, that because of her friends she has everything she would needs to eventually lead EquestriaThe above post is for you I just forgot to quote you. I hope my words help you reconsider some of what you said. Also, next time, don't try pushing aside Twilight's accomplishments

I'm sorry it's just… well… I have changed my mind but its seems that twilight shouldn't have became a alicorn though. I'm sorry though.

Okay so here's my story on how I discovered and fell in love with Twilicorn. Enjoy...

I had a bunch of mixed feelings when I first heard about Twilight Sparkle and her alicorn transformation. I was...for one, surprised! Because there was a long period of time in which I took a total hiatus from the pony fandom; almost an entire year. So coming back to see how this happening was quite the...you can say and compare it to, a 'culture shock!'

So before I even dared to go into the season finale "blindfolded" I decided to catch up on all the episodes that I missed. I caught up fairly quickly and upon seeing the finale, I was still a little ambivalent. I had more positive thoughts this time though. 

Looking back on all her experiences, especially the ones she shared with her friends, all going back to the very first episode, I'd say Twilight had definitely come a long way. And I like how she was able to put so much gratitude to her friends for being there for her throughout all those times. I overall, think she deserved it!(: Plus I think she looks pretty as a alicorn.

I love Twilight just the way she is, and I proud of her, regardless of what the haters think.

img-1744293-1-princess_twilight_sparkle_

Edited by Sanderspie
  • Brohoof 2

Okay so here's my story on how I discovered and fell in love with Twilicorn. Enjoy...

I had a bunch of mixed feelings when I first heard about Twilight Sparkle and her alicorn transformation. I was...for one, surprised! Because there was a long period of time in which I took a total hiatus from the pony fandom; almost an entire year. So coming back to see how this happening was quite the...you can say and compare it to, a 'culture shock!'

So before I even dared to go into the season finale "blindfolded" I decided to catch up on all the episodes that I missed. I caught up fairly quickly and upon seeing the finale, I was still a little ambivalent. I had more positive thoughts this time though. 

Looking back on all her experiences, especially the ones she shared with her friends, all going back to the very first episode, I'd say Twilight had definitely come a long way. And I like how she was able to put so much gratitude to her friends for being there for her throughout all those times. I overall, think she deserved it!(: Plus I think she looks pretty as a alicorn.

I love Twilight just the way she is, and I proud of her, regardless of what the haters think.

img-1744293-1-princess_twilight_sparkle_

Right on!  That's what I wanna hear! 

Twilight is my favorite pony.  (Voiced by Tara Strong so you KNOW the character's good.)  And I want to see what the writers do now that she's in this position.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry it's just… well… I have changed my mind but its seems that twilight shouldn't have became a alicorn though. I'm sorry though.

It is a big change, I understand that, and I admit I would have preferred Twilight to stay a unicorn but Hasbro had other ideas.

I'm just glad the writers were able to pull off what they did. 

I'm sorry, but I 3 was EXTREMELY disappointed the season three finale. They could've named the episode "A Ponyville Musical". With the quality of MMC compared to FiM's usual standards, the episode was just... Blegh. I don't HATE Twilicorn, I'm just nervous about how she will be handled by the writers.

i support twilight being an alicorn i was actually really excited about it happening but yes, the finale was extremely bad it couldve been much better if it wasnt so rushed. i see twilight becoming a princess as a step up that shouldve happened with all of her studies you could see it coming  :yay:  but maybe they shouldve waited till later to transform her

I fully support it, actually. Yes, it does seem pointless now, but maybe in Season Four, it won't after the first episodes or so. I think we should treat this as we should have with EQG, and keep an open mind until more is revealed. ;)

as long as there aren't nine thousand musical numbers with her i'm good

But seriously, I just see it as another cool little thing for the show to expound upon. Should be interesting to see what the writing staff's come up with for Season Four.

The episode for me was very awkward, I hated that there was only songs, and I only liked The first and last song OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE CELESTIA WAS SINGING-- cough.

Anyways, I support Twilicorn because this was what she was meant to be since the beginning of this series, and I have nothing against her being an alicorn, Equestria girls made me accept it, because her having wings didn't bother me at all.

I was indifferent with curiosity back when it was revealed that Twilight would become an alicorn at season 3's end.  Watching the finale for the first time left me with bittersweet feelings; this change was definitely not expected, but, to me, it still felt completely real.  It felt like a big change similar to graduating high school or seeing God & my faith in a new perspective.  Having Twilight as a princess now will be very different than anything we have seen previously, but it should open up new opportunities for her, her friends, and all of us, to learn about the magic of friendship.  I support Princess Twilight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 1

By personal opinion I think Twilicorn does only one thing: close doors to the past to open doors of the future. Twilight reached the conclusion to her studies about the basis of friendship only to face the new challenge of becoming a leader. Though this does hold her at higher status from the others we do learn how her method of leadership blooms in Equestria Girls. Twilight shows she can only unite and create harmony by putting her self on equal standing with others and even willing to sacrifice herself for her friends/people as also shown in the crystal empire arc. I assure the bronies that Twilight will still act like the same old twilight and her friends will still be there to be the strong ones when twilight is at her low.

• Brohoof 1

I support her being an alicorn simply because it feels like she should be an Alicorn. It fells like she deserves that title so I think it's a really nice character build on her and it ends her first character arch nicely.

The only thing i feel shouldn't have happened was Twilight being a princess. So by Equestrian logic Alicorn = Princess??? That's a bit weird. Not saying that I don't want her to be a princess. I just feel that it's a bit too soon for that. Naturally I feel Twilight should've been an alicorn and grow into the princess position.