Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nostalgic games

Moosefullaeggs

Hey everypony-

I had just come across a game I had played when I was younger, and it gave me the idea to make this thread:)

List afew (video) games from your childhood that you remember!

Also try to describe it if your remember...

Journey Into the Brain-From what I can remember, you're teamed up with a mouse on this mission: This person has been acting strange for the past few days; you and your companion have to go inside their brain, find the problem, and solve the problem. I remember the characters and the enviorment somewhat well, the brain stem was maintained by 2 lizards, a father and son group, and they needed you to unplug a pipe (it had a frog in it, lul) and acquire a "dream smoothie" from the local bar. The Cerebral Cortex was ruled by a gent named Sir Rebral (god, the puns); I don't rightly remember what you had to do for him, but I do remember this BAWS song about chocolate cake.The only other part of the brain I remember was the Cerebellum, take a wild guess at the characters name, yep, Sarah Bellum. I remember she had you rescue a cat from inside a well, but that's all I remember. After you help all of the parts of the brain, some idiotic lizard jackarse appears out of nowhere and starts eating nerve receptors and stuff. I remember nothing further. :(

Henry's Amazing Animals- I remember very little about this game, save the fact that a CGI animated lizard motherbucker tells you this awesome stuff about animals and that you can play Simon Says with him.As a side note, this was also a show I would watch on VCR, I LOVED that freaking show.

Jumpstart 2nd grade- Once again, I know very little about this game; What I do remember is the face that you helped a frog and a fly do stuff, I'll be sure to do some more research on this game later.

Jumpstart 3rd grade- This game was very near and dear to me, I had a fantastic time as a child helping my animated friend "Bottly" (who sounds a hell of a lot like Spike) save the world from his inventor's annoying-arse daughter, Peggy. Peggy, who had just failed a test at school, decided to rewrite history by using her father's timemachine and robot minions. It was Bottly's (and, as I had thought as a child, my) mission to solve a myriad on puzzles and save humanity from sheer wtf'ery.This game taught me ALOT about math, art, music, and stars (constellations.)

The majority of these games came out circa 1996.

Go ahead! Nostalgia it up bronies and pegasisters!

Edited by Moosefullaeggs

Omg, you played Jumpstart 2nd Grade too? I used to spent hours on that as a little kid, it was ridiculous! I remember some weird space minigame that I could never figure out...

OMG I remember that! You shot tenis balls at the aliens and stuff right!?

Let's see...The Flintstones (NES): You play as Fred, start off with a club, but as I recall you could pick up "power ups" like a sling shot, or this hatchet....thing which allowed you to strike from a distance. I really don't remember a whole lot. There were minigames, namely caveman era basketball. Oh yeah, and once you progressed far enough you traveled to the Jetson's world/time.

I really enjoyed the game myself.

Hmm... the first game some monster truck game on the super Nintendo i dont remember what it's name was. Alot of my early experiences with video games happened a while back, and are kinda hazy. But I remember the first time i played Doom. I was almost as astonished by how amazing it was as i was the first time i watched MLP:FiM. It was like the game was made by gods.

• 2 months later...

Well, recently, I started up Chocobo's Dungeon 2 on the PS1. I only really played for a little bit, though.

But if you want to move really far back... My town has a music store. But they also happen to sell used movies and games. Well, I was lucky enough at the beginning of last month to score an old Atari 2600. Even better, it actually came with twenty-seven games(although two were just different versions of Space invaders), two of the regular joystick controllers, AND two of the paddle controllers. Andf this was all together at just $50. Best of all, it all works perfectly.

While it was just a little bit before my time, my family did have one of the consoles when I was little, regardless.

I think the best part out of the one I bought, though would have to be that one of the games that came with it was Spider Man. It was the first game I ever managed to beat a level on. Of course, it was a fluke. And it was just the one level. But for a three-year-old playing Atari games? It's a heck of a memory.

Super Mario 64, Iggy's Reckin' balls, Clayfighter 63 1/3, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Diddy Kong racing. N64 all the way! :D

Ahh good times :)

OMG Jumpstart!!! I totally forgot about that game, i remember i used to play Kindergarten and 1st grade, the other ones were to hard for me :P (im esl and when i played them i was about 6, it was 1998), i also had half life (cs included :P) and Flight simulator (that i used to play with my joystick). I got all these games when my dad bought our first computer. I remember the fights that i used to have with my siblings to use the pc!!! good ol times... dont get me started on mario paint and the fly swatter game!!!

Heart of Darkness

Crash Bandicoot 2: The wrath of Cortex

Grand theft auto 1

Crash team racing

South Park - Chef's love shack

Tekken 3

Just to name a few.

I remember Twisted Metal 4

Also the games by Humongous Entertainment (Freddie Fish, Putt Putt, Pajama Sam)

And Especially the Armored Core games on the PS1

I got into gaming via Starcraft and Golden Sun. Not really sure how, seeing as SC is probably the least beginner friendly game I could've picked up XD

Nevertheless, many a sleepover at my neighbors house were sleepless, due to us playing SC all night :)

GS wetted my appetite for RPGs, and it just kinda snowballed from there.

I remember many nights spent playing Mechwarrior 4 and Jedi Academy.

Nostalgic, nostalgic...seen and played some NES games during my childhood years before moving on to PS1 games like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Megaman X 4 - 6, Resident Evil 3 and all that stuff. Yep, good times.

(edited)

Well, my FIRST real game was dis shiz right here:

Posted Image

Best doom mod ever.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

Most nostalgic games... well, first off, there's Donkey Kong 64. That was the first game I officially got. Further back from that, though, is Super Mario World. My parents played it all the time, so, since I was like 5, I obviously wanted to do what my parents were doing, so I did. And man was it a blast. And it still is! Then, there's also Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for the Gamecube. 'Twas my first Sonic game. Another one would have to be Metal Arms, also for the Gamecube. Good game, that. So yeah... my most nostalgic games. That's about it.

Oh man, oh man. Call me crazy, but the sight of green slime made me think of Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure. I used to rent the Super Nintendo version a lot.

I was having a little bit of bully trouble at school around the same time. The school counselor's son had the game, so she made me a deal. Every week that I went without a major outburst at the bullying and instead, went to a teacher, she would give me a pass code for some later levels. One even lead to the final boss, the Boogermeister.

Kind of gross, yeah, but that game holds some good memories for me.

Poke Snap! Still one of my favorite games of all time.

All Pokemon Gameboy Color games as well. Instant nostalgia as soon as I hear old pokemon music.

I also still have my Sega Genesis so a lot of the games I have like Sonic 1,2 or 3 or even Cool Spot are still amazing when I play them today.