Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 MLP Forums March Madness - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Doctor XFizzle

(edited)

Looks like Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are destined for their face-off. And I couldn't be more pleased.

This will be them after their exhausting battle:

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it all comes down to this: Pinkie Pie vs. Rainbow Dash

This will definitely be a battle that will be remembered for years to come, in the finals.

Let this day be the day of battle!

RainbowDashFullBattleRattle.png

Gearing up to go to war! And for the physics defiance overlord, we are hyped!

Use all the guns you want - Pinkie will funky-comic-relief-physics-dodge them all and swipe the victory.

pinkie_pie_the_warrior_by_ratchethun-d5n

• Brohoof 2

Still a 10 vote disparity between the remaining two final four contestants. Discord was at full force against Luna in the elite eight round but this is what happens when you're matched up against a fanbase filled with energetic folks like Flipturn.

And I don't blame him. Look at this beaut.

pinkie_pie_with_a_ponytails_by_jennieoo-

• Brohoof 2

Not very surprised, hard to beat a Mane Six without another Mane Six unless it's Applejack. Oh well, Discord can happily know he always makes it to the semi-finals, proving he's best former villain and best non pony character. And, that Pinkie fans don't have the satisfaction of having a landslide. Ten votes is hardly a big lead.

Time for Dash to win :3 Come at us Pinkie fans, we beat Twilight. By a minor landslide.

• Brohoof 4

Not very surprised, hard to beat a Mane Six without another Mane Six unless it's Applejack. Oh well, Discord can happily know he always makes it to the semi-finals, proving he's best former villain and best non pony character. And, that Pinkie fans don't have the satisfaction of having a landslide. Ten votes is hardly a big lead.

Time for Dash to win :3 Come at us Pinkie fans, we beat Twilight. By a minor landslide.

Pfft, given the huge loss of Twilight fans once she became an alicorn, a minor landslide was an automatic application. ;) We'll give you a battle you shall never forget!

Onward!

ah4BP1b.png

Pfft, given the huge loss of Twilight fans once she became an alicorn, a minor landslide was an automatic application. wink.png We'll give you a battle you shall never forget!

Onward!

Dash has only gained support throughout S3 due to her major character development :3 Even before then, she and Pinkie remain to be the top characters with the biggest fanbase following.

• Brohoof 1

Dash has only gained support throughout S3 due to her major character development :3 Even before then, she and Pinkie remain to be the top characters with the biggest fanbase following.

I kinda agree with Chaotic Discord Rainbow Dash did get alot of support throughout season 3!

The title shall not be defended by Pinkie!

'hops into the Rainbow Dash tank*

I'm always surprised when I look at the board and see that Fluttershy was eliminated by Princess Luna. It makes Fluttershy the only pony of the mane 6 to face a non mane 6 and be eliminated. Weird because I always found her to be really popular.

I jumped into the Luna / Woona fanbase a while ago. 

But still, Pinkie Pie is better if we have a RD vs PP.

I SHALL FIGHT FOR THOU, PINKIE!

tumblr_lmyeljsf8d1qdsggv.gif

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle == Michigan University

So this must mean that Michigan might get blown out tonight in the same spot that Twilight was in a few days ago... Fizzle, you might have jinxed your own team!

EDIT: Aaaand I was horribly wrong.

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard
  • Brohoof 1

Well, this is it. The Finals. Well done to both Pinkie Pie fans and Rainbow Dash fans for pushing your favourite to this point. Best of luck!

Rooting for Pinkie as always, I've made a little something for her this final.

nH7JfZM.jpg

• Brohoof 6

I can't believe it, but I'm actually voting for Rainbow Dash! Like I said many times before, I never liked Pinkie Pie much, and Season 3 did not improve her to me in the slightest. RD, on the other hand, got Scootalove and Wonderbolts Academy that really improved her character. 

Other than that, I think Pinkie Pie does not deserve another championship, especially since this season she wasn't quite well portrayed.

• Brohoof 2

Time to rock it up, Rainbow Dash fans. After that Final Four matchup, you managed to convince me that she's going to be the next MLP Forums National Champion. After her horrid defeat in the Wild Card round against the one and only Lyra Heartstrings, I thought you guys might come into fold and redeem her in all of her glory. I earnestly think that attractiveness plays a big part in the voting here (at least for the mares).

You know what they say about Dashie? She just looks so good because she's not making a real attempt of looking good.

87442+-+artist+solar-slash+rainbow_dash.

• Brohoof 1

Finally, the championship round! Pinkie Pie's reign must come to an end, for Rainbow Dash shall take the throne! GO RAINBOW DASH! YEAH!

z6YFQ.png

• Brohoof 2

Well, this is it. The Finals. Well done to both Pinkie Pie fans and Rainbow Dash fans for pushing your favourite to this point. Best of luck!

Rooting for Pinkie as always, I've made a little something for her this final.

Very well done, but I must take exception to the "kindest soul" line, as that title belongs, now and forever, to the holder of the Element of Kindness herself.

And while everything you have said may be all well and good and all that jazz, Dashie gets my vote as promised. Several reasons why, so here's a handy little list.

-Pinkie's greatest gift is giving joy to others... how better to do this than let somepony else win this year? I'm sure Pinkie herself would agree, it's no fun when the same pony keeps winning the game every time. wink.png

-Three words: awesome and cool. That's Dash.

-Dash's developing interest in reading gave the fandom its Indiana Jones, in the form of Daring Do. Again, awesome and cool.

-Can Pinkie Pie make a Sonic Rainboom? No. No she cannot. Oh, speaking of that...

-Dash is basically the reason Pinkie discovered her gift for spreading joy in the first place. Everything her army of followers love her for? Thank Dashie.

A vote would be a good place to start with that. I'm just sayin'.

If none of that seals the deal, though, how about the fact that Dashie SLAYED A DECEPTICON!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Okay it look like with Discord now beaten it looks like I am now on team Rainbow Dash, while I did like Pinkie Pie from the start and did overlook Rainbow Dash at first Dashie along with Applejack has had the best character development in season 3 which bumped her up to my 3rd and later 2nd favorite pony. We got to see her sensitive side in Sleepless In Ponyville which we don't see very often and see her being the responsible one in Wonderbolt Academy. Rainbow Dash is still brash and slightly cocky, but our little Dashie is growing up yet still retaining the positive qualities she started with.

Go Rainbow Dash

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Time to show this pony who's boss ya'll.  Dashie fans, to your battle stations!!!  We're not going to let that pink pony win two years straight, now, are we?  Heck no, I say, heck no!!!!!!

KICK THAT PINK PONY'S FLUFFY FLANK RAINBOW DASH!!!!!!!!!  ONWARD TO SWEET, SWEET VICTORY!!!!!!! angry.png 

419052_292814857450629_258769180855197_7

(that's me on top of her; ya'll jelly?  Yeah, you're totally jelly. cool.png)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

I foresee a Dash victory here, especially after how senselessly she pummeled Twilight. Nevertheless, I voted for Pinkie Pie. I dunno, I just feel that for all she does for the citizens of Ponyville, she deserves to win another tournament.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-snip-

So Rainbow Dash can fly fast. We already know Pinkie Pie can go just as fast in Party of One, except she doesn't make rainbow rings. Still the same ability wink.png

And while Dash is my second favourite pony, it seems as if everyone is voting for her just to "have a different champion". Not a good reason at all; the champion should go to the better pony.

If it does go to Dash, nonetheless, I won't be too displeased. It'd be better than the championship going to a pony I like less. It's a match-up between my favourite and second favourite, so the ending outcome will be pleasing in one way or another. But I'm rooting for the pony who is misconstrued, who is taken at face value as a harbourer of mere comedy rather than depth; when Too Many Pinkie Pies unlocked so many of her redeeming traits and gave her equal development to any other nameable character this season. That, and she's miles cuter, lights up Ponyville's life (yes, that's Dash's life too) and has admirable selflessness in the way that she gives up time and effort so that others can have a good time. She knows that we're never going to do something if positive emotions come out the end of it; she's resourceful and she knows what's good for the world. A vote for her is the least anyone can do.

Speaking of which, are all my fellow Pinkie fans asleep?

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 5

So Rainbow Dash can fly fast. We already know Pinkie Pie can go just as fast in Party of One, except she doesn't make rainbow rings. Still the same ability wink.png

And while Dash is my second favourite pony, it seems as if everyone is voting for her just to "have a different champion". Not a good reason at all; the champion should go to the better pony.

If it does go to Dash, nonetheless, I won't be too displeased. It'd be better than the championship going to a pony I like less. It's a match-up between my favourite and second favourite, so the ending outcome will be pleasing in one way or another. But I'm rooting for the pony who is misconstrued, who is taken at face value as a harbourer of mere comedy rather than depth; when Too Many Pinkie Pies unlocked so many of her redeeming traits and gave her equal development to any other nameable character this season. That, and she's miles cuter, lights up Ponyville's life (yes, that's Dash's life too) and has admirable selflessness in the way that she gives up time and effort so that others can have a good time. She knows that we're never going to do something if positive emotions come out the end of it; she's resourceful and she knows what's good for the world. A vote for her is the least anyone can do.

Speaking of which, are all my fellow Pinkie fans asleep?

Fair enough. Have the Death Battle guys put Pinkie in an episode, and then we'll talk. tongue.png

Speaking of Death Battle, I get the feeling that Pinkie would be quite the formidable opponent in that. Her mastery of Toon Power hasn't been used often or explored in-depth, but she's clearly got it, and that alone makes her a ridiculously OP character in any hypothetical fight. Maybe on par with Bugs Bunny. XD

• Brohoof 2

And while Dash is my second favourite pony, it seems as if everyone is voting for her just to "have a different champion". Not a good reason at all; the champion should go to the better pony.   If it does go to Dash, nonetheless, I won't be too displeased. It'd be better than the championship going to a pony I like less. It's a match-up between my favourite and second favourite, so the ending outcome will be pleasing in one way or another. But I'm rooting for the pony who is misconstrued, who is taken at face value as a harbourer of mere comedy rather than depth; when Too Many Pinkie Pies unlocked so many of her redeeming traits and gave her equal development to any other nameable character this season. That, and she's miles cuter, lights up Ponyville's life (yes, that's Dash's life too) and has admirable selflessness in the way that she gives up time and effort so that others can have a good time. She knows that we're never going to do something if positive emotions come out the end of it; she's resourceful and she knows what's good for the world. A vote for her is the least anyone can do.

I didn't vote for Rainbow Dash for that reason particularly. :) I think Rainbow Dash is the better pony (only by a slight bit, mind you) because of her good portrayals in all three seasons (there were some bad ones, but since this tournament is set in 2013, let's look at S3).

Pinkie Pie wasn't really that good in the third season, as many Pinkie fans have complained; she's no more than a filler space or something? That's not what think. As I've said before, I never liked Pinkie much, including before Season 3. For one (and only, but still a big one), I don't like her relationship with Applejack and how it's so wonky. She can hug "Dashie" and be happy for her but she really could give less of a damn about AJ winning or losing, eh? She was also rather insensitive in the Last Roundup when she became "Super Saiyan," which I don't find the tiniest bit funny when she chased after Applejack like a...well, like someone who chases after another. 

So, yeah, there's my reason. :) 

• Brohoof 1

Fair enough. Have the Death Battle guys put Pinkie in an episode, and then we'll talk. img-1347147-2-tongue.png

Speaking of Death Battle, I get the feeling that Pinkie would be quite the formidable opponent in that. Her mastery of Toon Power hasn't been used often or explored in-depth, but she's clearly got it, and that alone makes her a ridiculously OP character in any hypothetical fight. Maybe on par with Bugs Bunny. XD

That's another thing. Her Looney Tunes vibe is appealing as heck. She brings a bit of old cartoon to a new cartoon, and we love that. :)

And Pinkie doesn't need an episode of Death Battle to be bad-ass. She doesn't need any fancy tricks, she beats down her prey with party grenades. What a tactician - imagine telling your boss you got torn apart by a party grenade. Pinkie don't care. ;)

• Brohoof 3